Send Topic Print
Your Carbon Footprint (Read 805 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Your Carbon Footprint
Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:29am

Warning: its buggy and stupid however according to this im almost at the "target"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-28/climate-change-bushfires-and-cutting-my-c...

Interestingly the big business that made the calculator prolly uses 1000s of tonnes and tries to make average ppl feel more guilty

Spot

stupid_003.jpg (177 KB | 23 )
stupid_003.jpg

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Your Carbon Footprint
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:53am

Where is the calculator located on that page? I couldn't see it. Cheers.

Then I stumbled across this.....
On average, Australians are willing to chip in an extra $200 a year to prevent climate change. It turns out that money could go a long way.

I'm sorry but no I'm not.
Expecting us to "chip in" another $200 a year is a bit rude don't you think? Society is engineered in a way that if you have a job....most of your earning are going to be spent on accomodation, food, motor vehicles or public transport. This is before you even look at the phone bill and electricity let alone take the kids out for ice cream.
How many billions is this country already spending on this nonscense every year....and they want more from us poorer individuals? Pffft.

Chucking more money on the already massive bonfire of burning cash is not going to change a thing. It will have great interest earnings in the account it is stored in. Wonder wholl benifit from that. Certainly not US.
Then in 5yrs time...they'll ask us for more...and more....and more....meanwhile the climate is still going to change. We will never stop climate change.
Why is it always money with these mongrels? Money doesn't rule the world....just ask everyone. That is how brainwashed they really are.  Grin

Why isn't the Rothschild, rockerfella family, world banks etc fixing this problem ? They have an obligation to us as a human race.....they own the money ffs, we dont. We're flat out trying to keep our sorry arses out of poverty. Trillions in interest every year. Where does that go?

Wake up people before they take everything you have.
They will not get one silver 5c piece from me, that's for sure. I wouldn't even chip in the 2c left overs at the petrol browser.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:03am

its under "setting the parameters". There are 2 of them but the first one wants your email.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:22am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:03am:
its under "setting the parameters". There are 2 of them but the first one wants your email.

Spot

Thanks mate.. I'll check it out.
Cheers

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:43am

I need 2.9 earths for the first one.

The other one keeps failing on me. Will try later.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:44am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:29am:
Warning: its buggy and stupid however according to this im almost at the "target"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-28/climate-change-bushfires-and-cutting-my-c...

Interestingly the big business that made the calculator prolly uses 1000s of tonnes and tries to make average ppl feel more guilty

Spot

The idea of carbon footprints is a way to distract from intervention on climate change. It's a ploy designed to individualise the problem.

Emissions come from agriculture, electricity generation, transport, forest clearing, etc, whether we personally use up energy or not.

It's a News Ltd trick always used to discredit anyone speaking out on climate change. There's Al Gore or Leonardo DiCaprio discussing the problem, and there's Fox News, Andrew Bolt and Miranda Divine accusing them of travelling on planes.

We can't possibly make a dent in climate change by changing our individual behaviour. Australia has the 2nd highest CO2 emissions per-capita in the world, not even including the coal it exports to other countries to emit.

The only way to address this problem is at the national and international level.

Carbon footprints are a con.

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:56pm

I work at a Coal Fired Power Station. Grin

While I agree that the current data indicates that CO2 produced by humanity is having an effect on the climate, I consider producing cheap and reliable electrical to be more important and more beneficial than spending the next 30+ years moving humanity towards an electric grid that has yet to be proven will work practically on a large national scale, let alone on a global scale.

Also, given that Climate Inertia would mean that it would take decades or possibly centuries before the climate returned to a bearable level I don't see the point in rushing to implement an energy solution when we will most likely have one within the next 10 - 20 years.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 6:38pm

... that's one small footprint for a man..... one giant footprint for mankind......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 6:14am

The notion Thomas Edison era technology is the only source of cheap energy is a hoax, the Australian conservative government is deliberately stalling on cliamte action policies just to subsidise heavily the coal industry which knows it is in it's dying days and wants to maximise its profits that goes overseas in tax avoidance schemes, and thinks that workers salary/wages tax is  enough tax to be paid, in industry that doesn't employ that many people compared to tourism or agribiz, while paying minimal royalties its a extremely good rort.

The Adani mine is near insolvent and who will foot the bill when it collapses...the Australian tax payer while Adani walks away with a tidy earner.

Australia has the capacity to embrace new technology with renewable energy and hydrogen energy....the stalling marketing government who is owned by the mining lobby refuse to change.

People are conscientiously reducing their carbon foot prints as is many business...it is the criminal government refusing not to.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 7:21am

minarchist wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:56pm:
I work at a Coal Fired Power Station. Grin

While I agree that the current data indicates that CO2 produced by humanity is having an effect on the climate, I consider producing cheap and reliable electrical to be more important and more beneficial than spending the next 30+ years moving humanity towards an electric grid that has yet to be proven will work practically on a large national scale, let alone on a global scale.

Also, given that Climate Inertia would mean that it would take decades or possibly centuries before the climate returned to a bearable level I don't see the point in rushing to implement an energy solution when we will most likely have one within the next 10 - 20 years.

how do you feel about Nuclear Power?   is that where we are heading?...

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 3:47pm

The idiots left off boats.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 8:51pm

I have a car but don't use it, don't fly anywhere, no public transport, I walk. I eat food but don't we all?
Daily household power is between 7 and 8 KWH for two people, less that the average 1 person household. No gas. Do I get a prize?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 12:30am

Setanta wrote on Jan 31st, 2020 at 8:51pm:
I have a car but don't use it, don't fly anywhere, no public transport, I walk. I eat food but don't we all?
Daily household power is between 7 and 8 KWH for two people, less that the average 1 person household. No gas. Do I get a prize?
Not until you use your own toilet compost to produce home grown vegetables. Then you can wear clothes made from recycled plastic bags and the greenies will love you.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 8:55am

Setanta wrote on Jan 31st, 2020 at 8:51pm:

To be honest, I could not care less.
A few years ago, we had this dead shite politician.
He slimmed and backstabbed his way to prime minister.
He didn't want to live in the free house, close to parliament where he worked.
He preferred to live in a house on the harbour in Sydney.
He commuted to Canberra daily.
The fuel used in his comm car, the fuel used in his grubberment jet
And the fuel used getting him from the airport to parliament house
In the 10 years he was in power.

Could never, in my most extensive use of cars, boats, bikes and mowers.
Ever come close to his extreme fuel waste.

So, why should I give a shite, he didn't.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #14 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 9:11am

Australia emits 1% of all manmade CO2 emissions.

Of course it is never conveyed like that to the general public.

They like to tell us we are one of the highest emitters by using a useless economic statistic called per capita which really tells us Sweet F@rk All.

How many blades of grass in Australia per capita.

How many blades of grass in China per capita.

get the point, it tells you absolutely SFA.

Dividing something by the population of that country is a meaningless statistic used by economist to tell us absolutely nothing.

China emits 29% of all manmade CO2.

Australia emits 1% of all manmade CO2.

Yet by using the per capita statistic it looks like Australia is a higher emitter than China.

The oligarchy want to make money out of thin air by making us plebs pay for the air we breathe.

You think the Rothschilds, the Rockefellers, Al Gore or even Leornado the twit Caprio will reduce their carbon foot print.

They want to send us back to the caves while they live in luxury.

That is the bottom line.

If they succeed in putting us all in caves this is what will happen when it gets hot.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1580593582

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2020 at 9:24am by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print