Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
How many properties does your local politician own (Read 4633 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: How many properties does your local politician own
Reply #45 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:11pm

freediver wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 7:24pm:
I am opposed to the FHOG for the same reason I am opposed to this idiotic suggestion that we limit the number of investment properties you can own.

I still do not understand why you appear to believe that providing accommodation is not productive. Or why you expect me to be able to answer all your silly questions.

Because it isn't about providing accommodation - it's about providing profit - and as a profit-engineering business, it cases a rise in the cost of the product, and thus is a self-perpetuating parasite on housing for all, sucking, as it does, the life's blood from home ownership to feed parasitic hoarders of property.

Add in the utter stupidity of force-feeding masses of people into the society and economy , with each contributing a miniscule amount to GDP and very little else, if anything, and all you are doing is forcing costs higher and higher, thus ensuring the profit and well-being of the parasites, but not of the host - society at large.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:13pm

crocodile wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:33pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:58am:
freediver wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 9:14pm:
Quote:
You're doing it again - stating the exact same claim without offering the slightest bit of supporting evidence.

You asked me for a plausible rational argument. Here it is again for the third time:

It would artificially reduce the supply of rental properties, inevitably increasing the price.

Do you disagree with any of it, or just not understand it?

No it won't because every renter that becomes an owner is one less renter Wink

It's not quite that simple. It isn't a zero sum game as yourself and the Bamster allude to. Populations change with migration and fertility rates. Demographics change as offspring leave homes and people separate or cohabit. New dwellings and demolitions rarely coincide with the demographic and population changes.

Indeed - demonstrating clearly the utter lack of planning and forethought of governments, not least in continuing the utter foolishness of mass immigration.  Anyone with half a brain - which should clearly include the majority of politicians and their servants - can see what is happening and what needs to be done....

a.  Halt mass immigration as a 'sustainer' of a flawed economy.
b. Generate more housing for puchase.
c.  Create an environment in which all can work and own a home.
d.  Move to close down the Banana Republic in which people work all night on a drink of rum = part-time casual at the absolute discretion of the boss...
e. Create a genuine, viable economy in which all decent citizens can have a genuine opportunity to prosper..

On that last - unfortunately given the bad name this term has generated in the past - this could be a controlled economy - it is, after all, controlled to a significant extent already by governments using immigration and money policy and such.... why not go the Full Monty?

As a final note - of course the Canberra parasites would engineer and take any chance for their own profit... see childcare, job placement etc, roads, rail, power, gas etc, etc as adopted in advance by their family members and themselves - that's what politics is about, isn't it?
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:19pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 5:50pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:11pm:
I am opposed to the FHOG for the same reason I am opposed to this idiotic suggestion that we limit the number of investment properties you can own.

I still do not understand why you appear to believe that providing accommodation is not productive. Or why you expect me to be able to answer all your silly questions.

Because it isn't about providing accommodation - it's about providing profit - and as a profit-engineering business, it cases a rise in the cost of the product, and thus is a self-perpetuating parasite on housing for all, sucking, as it does, the life's blood from home ownership to feed parasitic hoarders of property.

Add in the utter stupidity of force-feeding masses of people into the society and economy , with each contributing a miniscule amount to GDP and very little else, if anything, and all you are doing is forcing costs higher and higher, thus ensuring the profit and well-being of the parasites, but not of the host - society at large.

Everything adds to profit. Economy is not driven by losses.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 5:54pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:39pm:
Quote:
You're doing it again - stating the exact same claim without offering the slightest bit of supporting evidence.

You asked me for a plausible rational argument. Here it is again for the third time:

It would artificially reduce the supply of rental properties, inevitably increasing the price.

It's not quite that simple. It isn't a zero sum game as yourself and the Bamster allude to. Populations change with migration and fertility rates. Demographics change as offspring leave homes and people separate or cohabit. New dwellings and demolitions rarely coincide with the demographic and population changes.

So are you saying all of those rentals that could be put onto the market would stay vacant with no buyers ? Supply and demand remember. With all of those rentals now available to be bought by prospective owner occupiers the prices should drop not increase which is the bullshit that we are always fed Sad

They're only available to be bought if the owner wishes to sell them.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 5:57pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:13pm:
Quote:

Indeed - demonstrating clearly the utter lack of planning and forethought of governments, not least in continuing the utter foolishness of mass immigration.  Anyone with half a brain - which should clearly include the majority of politicians and their servants - can see what is happening and what needs to be done....

a.  Halt mass immigration as a 'sustainer' of a flawed economy.

We have an aging population. Until that is addressed we're stuck with high immigration. The unintended consequences of halting migration is worse.

b. Generate more housing for puchase.

Wave the Grappler stick ( magic wand ) and it shall be created.

c.  Create an environment in which all can work and own a home.
d.  Move to close down the Banana Republic in which people work all night on a drink of rum = part-time casual at the absolute discretion of the boss...
e. Create a genuine, viable economy in which all decent citizens can have a genuine opportunity to prosper..

On that last - unfortunately given the bad name this term has generated in the past - this could be a controlled economy - it is, after all, controlled to a significant extent already by governments using immigration and money policy and such.... why not go the Full Monty?

As a final note - of course the Canberra parasites would engineer and take any chance for their own profit... see childcare, job placement etc, roads, rail, power, gas etc, etc as adopted in advance by their family members and themselves - that's what politics is about, isn't it?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 6:49pm

I'm an aging population - in my chosen career I would still be working until the day I drop... not to be... can't be done .... but I'm on the lookout for a job.... always...

There are not enough jobs for the younger ones - let alone the older ones - and while ever such a situation prevails, there is no place for further mass immigration.  Without solid infrastructure projects looking to a viable future for the NATION and not wallets of those who can afford to 'invest' and their politician mates - nothing will change for the better.

What is needed is leadership at the national and state level that has genuine foresight and a genuine plan for the future, apart from taking every photo op to stand with a beleaguered fire commissioner as he speaks of the latest disaster - disasters of fires that, in many case, could have been averted or ameliorated with the employment of a dedicated fleet of fire bomber aircraft HERE - viable ones and not sexy mega-tankers that can maybe do one load every few hours at five times the cost, whereas CL-415s can do half a dozen loads an hour, scooping water from lakes and streams, at a fifth of the cost... and then have the precision of a Skyraider strike...

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #51 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:36pm

Quote:

Is there a point to your dribble?

Because it isn't about providing accommodation - it's about providing profit

Aren't all investments about providing profit, as well as what they actually provide?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:49pm

freediver wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:36pm:
Quote:

Is there a point to your dribble?

Because it isn't about providing accommodation - it's about providing profit

Aren't all investments about providing profit, as well as what they actually provide?

Yes in this case it provides profit but not wealth because it creates more debt !

The issue is the property market is totally distorted by government meddling which is why most investment dollars are invested in it instead of more productive enterprises that actually create real wealth !

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:38am

Nail has a point.

Australians are one of the highest IN DEBT people in the world per ratio of population.
They are also the same with drugs & alcohol.

But they have stated over the past two decades since 2000 when the rot set in, that the Debts are mostly due to the Cost of Housing in Australia.

So something is wrong, if this Nation is 'constantly' in debt via Housing that keeps the mortal soul forever making money for the Banks with interest.

...remember the old days, when people could actually 'save' for a House and then just buy it up front.
No extra 35% for a Bank.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:49am

Jasin wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:38am:
Nail has a point.

Australians are one of the highest IN DEBT people in the world per ratio of population.

But they have stated over the past two decades since 2000 when the rot set in, that the Debts are mostly due to the Cost of Housing in Australia.

So something is wrong, if this Nation is 'constantly' in debt via Housing that keeps the mortal soul forever making money for the Banks with interest.

...remember the old days, when people could actually 'save' for a House and then just buy it up front.
No extra 35% for a Bank.

Nail has no point and Australia is nowhere near one of the highest. In terms of private sector debt we are around the middle of the pack of first world nations.

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/private-debt-to-gdp

Looking only at debt without considering the value of the asset and the value of production is pretty meaningless. A balance sheet has two sides. As long as the number down the bottom of the left hand side is greater than the right and the remaining surplus is sufficient to cover the cost of servicing the debt the actual levels don't matter. Even more so when the increased debt is used to enhance production.

Astonishing how so many people don't get that.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:19pm

70% of all banks loan book is in non productive property assets !!

This is not how you create real wealth and yet the crooked pollies and the crooked banks keep promoting and encouraging it !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:29pm

crocodile wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:49am:
Nail has a point.

No extra 35% for a Bank.

Nail has no point and Australia is nowhere near one of the highest. In terms of private sector debt we are around the middle of the pack of first world nations.

Looking only at debt without considering the value of the asset and the value of production is pretty meaningless. A balance sheet has two sides. As long as the number down the bottom of the left hand side is greater than the right and the remaining surplus is sufficient to cover the cost of servicing the debt the actual levels don't matter. Even more so when the increased debt is used to enhance production.

Dude. The concept of being in DEBT in the first place negates everything after.
Only a Bank handing out Money with Interest upon it - wins.
No-one else does. No-one. Or do you think buying things with Credit Cards is a great way to make a living?
At the most, there are many other Businesses and Government Laws to jump on the 'Exploitation' train of these people who DEBT themselves into the future.

Funny how the Internet has brought the opportunity to make money working from home and these people are now preferring to Caravan around the country, rather than live in a pompous House, even though they can afford one.

The World knows - Australia one of the most OVER-PRICED Housing/Accommodation places in the world. Take a look at the terrible Building Industry we have these past 20 years!
They are giving people a Great Wall Ute in quality, but charging the price of an Amarok!  Roll Eyes

Now if you can't see anything wrong with people paying 35% more than they can afford, to the Banks for something that is 55% more than it is actually worth...  Tongue

Btw - I used to be in the Building Industry in Sydney.
It's just a SCAM that goes covertly beyond being just an internet thing.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:50pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:19pm:

This is not how you create real wealth and yet the crooked pollies and the crooked banks keep promoting and encouraging it !!

Property isn't 'non-productive'

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:52pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:29pm:
crocodile wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:49am:
Nail has a point.

No extra 35% for a Bank.

Dude. The concept of being in DEBT in the first place negates everything after.
Only a Bank handing out Money with Interest upon it - wins.
No-one else does. No-one. Or do you think buying things with Credit Cards is a great way to make a living?

At the most, there are many other Businesses and Government Laws to jump on the 'Exploitation' train of these people who DEBT themselves into the future.

Funny how the Internet has brought the opportunity to make money working from home and these people are now preferring to Caravan around the country, rather than live in a pompous House, even though they can afford one.

The World knows - Australia one of the most OVER-PRICED Housing/Accommodation places in the world. Take a look at the terrible Building Industry we have these past 20 years!
They are giving people a Great Wall Ute in quality, but charging the price of an Amarok!  Roll Eyes

Now if you can't see anything wrong with people paying 35% more than they can afford, to the Banks for something that is 55% more than it is actually worth...  Tongue

Btw - I used to be in the Building Industry in Sydney.
It's just a SCAM that goes covertly beyond being just an internet thing.

Not quite. What about the purchased asset being used to generate income.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:23pm

crocodile wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:50pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:19pm:

Property isn't 'non-productive'

It's no more productive than a bus shelter !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print