Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
United Nations Weather Modification since 1940's (Read 1801 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: United Nations Weather Modification since 1940's
Reply #15 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 8:51am

Quote:
Avoid Gulf stream disruption at all costs, scientists warn

Serious disruption to the Gulf Stream ocean currents that are crucial in controlling global climate must be avoided “at all costs”, senior scientists have warned. The alert follows the revelation this week that the system is at its weakest ever recorded.

Past collapses of the giant network have seen some of the most extreme impacts in climate history, with western Europe particularly vulnerable to a descent into freezing winters

Guardian

The Man from Uncle was apparently scripted around the bad guys diverting the Gulf Stream current.  Who knew

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #16 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 9:56am

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #17 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 10:06am

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 10:15am

PZ547 wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 8:51am:
Quote:

Serious disruption to the Gulf Stream ocean currents that are crucial in controlling global climate must be avoided “at all costs”, senior scientists have warned. The alert follows the revelation this week that the system is at its weakest ever recorded.

Past collapses of the giant network have seen some of the most extreme impacts in climate history, with western Europe particularly vulnerable to a descent into freezing winters

Guardian

The Man from Uncle was apparently scripted around the bad guys diverting the Gulf Stream current.  Who knew

The Gulf Stream that brings warm Atlantic water northwards towards the pole, where they cool, sink and return southwards, is the most significant control on northern hemisphere climate outside the atmosphere. But the system, formally called the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc), has weakened by 15% since 1950, thanks to melting Greenland ice and ocean warming making sea water less dense and more buoyant.

Ironically Global warming could actually make it colder for  Western Europe (and that's why it's now known as Climate Change)

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #19 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 10:23am

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 10:15am:
PZ547 wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 8:51am:
Quote:

Guardian

The Gulf Stream that brings warm Atlantic water northwards towards the pole, where they cool, sink and return southwards, is the most significant control on northern hemisphere climate outside the atmosphere. But the system, formally called the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc), has weakened by 15% since 1950, thanks to melting Greenland ice and ocean warming making sea water less dense and more buoyant.

Ironically Global warming could actually make it colder for  Western Europe (and that's why it's now known as Climate Change)

As usual you have once again missed the point that PZ was making.

In previous posts he stated that the US was deliberately  going to disrupt the gulf stream.

He also stated that 10 years ago it was easy to find documents on the internet about this subject.

For some reason they have gone missing hence he posted that article which you seem to agree with.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 11:04am

Ajax wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 10:23am:

In previous posts he stated that the US was deliberately  going to disrupt the gulf stream.

He also stated that 10 years ago it was easy to find documents on the internet about this subject.

For some reason they have gone missing hence he posted that article which you seem to agree with.

No I didn't miss the point.

I suspected that PZ quoted must be avoided “at all costs” to imply that there was some deliberate manipulation occurring.

My post was to put it into the correct context that it is human negligence (ie Climate Change) that is affecting the Gulf Stream.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #21 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 11:39am

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 11:04am:

I suspected that PZ quoted must be avoided “at all costs” to imply that there was some deliberate manipulation occurring.

My post was to put it into the correct context that it is human negligence (ie Climate Change) that is affecting the Gulf Stream.

You mean like the human negligence of conducting weather modification programmes without knowing the consequences in some 50+ countries around the world.

And lets get one thing straight once and for all.

Climate change has been happening since the Earth was formed and will continue to happen until the Earth is no more.

You mean Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW).

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:06pm

Ajax wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 11:39am:
You mean like the human negligence of conducting weather modification programmes without knowing the consequences in some 50+ countries around the world.

No, if that were happening I wouldn't call it negligence. And I would need a lot more than a few youtube videos from a few conspiracy nutters to convince me that it was happening

Climate change has been happening since the Earth was formed and will continue to happen until the Earth is no more.

Well actually AGW is still Climate Change. If you want to get pedantic about semantics, AGW is a sub set of Climate Change

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:09pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 11:04am:

YOU believe your context is correct

and it's straight from the 'weather for dummies' textbook

Benjamin Franklin did a lot of work on the Gulf Stream while he worked for the post master general in London

we're talking pre 1800s

Almost from the outset, north American pioneers/settlers were vocal about the harsh extremes of climate in the US.  A lot of them chucked it in and went back to Europe

they were experimenting with burning forests in the belief that would terraform the US more to their liking, climate wise.  You heard right … burning forests

they also came up with the idea of loading large balloons with explosives as a rain-making system and they actually did just that

so from very early in the piece, new-Americans were intent on climate engineering

and it hasn't stopped

Then a group of businessmen, as I've already posted, decided it would benefit the US and disadvantage Europe, if the Gulf Stream current were to be diverted

salient points:  benefit the US and disadvantage Europe

in Florida, the Gulf Stream current runs one mile from the shore.  They measured it.  And they devised a system of driving poles into the seabed as a divergence method

Not so long ago, there was a flurry about Trump wanting to buy Greenland.  Remember?   What do you imagine that was about?

maybe it will help you to figure it out if you learn that very early in the piece, Americans were extremely involved in plans to 'Green Greenland' via manipulation of ocean currents

and it's still in their minds, obviously

' Oh, the defrosting Arctic … waaaa waaaa climate change'

but not if warm currents had been diverted TO defrost the Arctic.  Would serve at least two purposes, (1) 'proof of climate change' and (2) the greening of Greenland.  Which Trump wanted to BUY.  And people laughed and thought he was joking.  Then the subject was dropped and people forget because the 24/7 news cycle constantly tosses up distractions

which is where Man from Uncle came from.  Because non of this is new.  Their plans are formulated well ahead of time.  And these plans go way back

and now, the US is accusing Russia (they're driven to re-use old boogey men) of manipulation of advantageous ocean currents to free up northern ports.  And all of this it cloaked under the vast, multifaceted umbrella of 'climate change'

there's so much to this subject alone

but I'm sure you'll find some handy little sound bites to copy and paste and feel satisfied you've conclusively corked the topic

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #24 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:43pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:06pm:

No, if that were happening I wouldn't call it negligence. And I would need a lot more than a few youtube videos from a few conspiracy nutters to convince me that it was happening

Why barny do you mean to say that the

1. United Nations World Meteorological Organisation

2. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

3. JORN

4. CSIRO

and the likes are all publishing little white lies.

I think you better take it up with them mate, they are the ones that are saying they have in the past and will continue in the future to experiment with weather modification instruments it’s on their websites so how can it be a lie...?

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:06pm:

Well actually AGW is still Climate Change. If you want to get pedantic about semantics, AGW is a sub set of Climate Change

Ok I’ll give you that one, yes we do contribute to climate change by burning fossil fuels and emitting CO2 into the atmosphere, do we have an impact yes we do but it is so minor it could get lost in the margin of error.

Do you believe in the hot spot..................?

Do you believe in the hockey stick............?

Do you believe in 97% of all scientists......?

What about the hiatus barny....................?

You seem to believe in some theories that have been exposed and proven to be wrong most of which are signature footprints of the AGW science.

« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:49pm by Ajax »  

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 3:08pm

"Two studies, published in the journal Nature, use different approaches to show that the “Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation” (AMOC) is in a weaker state now than it has been for decades – and possibly even centuries.

The two studies differ on when and how they think the weakening was triggered. While one suggests it began in the mid-20th century as a response to human-caused climate change, the second proposes that it began a hundred years earlier following a natural shift in regional climate."

"One of the difficulties in identifying changes in the AMOC is that it has only been monitored directly and continuously since 2004. The two studies, therefore, use alternative sources of data to assess the AMOC over longer periods."

https://www.carbonbrief.org/atlantic-conveyor-belt-has-slowed-15-per-cent-since-...

Anything beyond 2004 therefore is pure guesswork.

More ironically that could be the trigger for the next glaciation. Temperatures spike before a glaciation.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #26 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 5:33pm

lee. still no opinion on United Nations Weather Modification since 1940's?  Wink
Do you actually have an opinion on anything?  Wink
It seems you only came to this thread to troll me  Grin

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 6:42pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 5:33pm:
lee. still no opinion on United Nations Weather Modification since 1940's?

You mean the 1950's surely. Wink

Do you actually have an opinion on anything?

Yes.

It seems you only came to this thread to troll me 

You must have missed what i posted. Do you have an opinion on that or are you trolling me? Wink

Then of course from NASA in 2010 we have -

"New NASA measurements of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation, part of the global ocean conveyor belt that helps regulate climate around the North Atlantic, show no significant slowing over the past 15 years. The data suggest the circulation may have even sped up slightly in the recent past."

" Combining satellite and float measurements, he found no change in the strength of the circulation overturning from 2002 to 2009. Looking further back with satellite altimeter data alone before the float data were available,Willis found evidence that the circulation had sped up about 20 percent from 1993 to 2009. This is the longest direct record of variability in the Atlantic overturning to date and the only one at high latitudes."

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/atlantic20100325.html

So many dates. And whom to believe?

Of course feel free to post your reference. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print