Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Joe Rogan Endorses Bernie and Snowflakes Lose It (Read 4825 times)
AiA
Gold Member

Re: Joe Rogan Endorses Bernie and Snowflakes Lose It
Reply #30 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 11:02pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 10:59pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 10:46pm:
I haven't hear anything about Rogans podcast to catch my interest, I'm surprise he has as much of a following as he does.

Roger Penrose, Richard Dawkins, Jordan Peterson, Louis Theroux, Paul Stamets, Brian Cox, Elon Musk?

The future holds lots of surprises for people like you Mortie ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 11:07pm

Democrats will do their best to stop Bernie. The 2016 election should have been Bernie v Donald. I understand why the Dems want someone like Biden to take the Swing States away from Trump, however.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 6:04am

Gaudi is right of course
It wasn't really an endorsement
He just said after 3 hours of talking to the guy but he likes and respect him
When put on a podium with a bunch of ideologically possessed identity politics lefties
Bernie has virtually no chance of surviving

I would imagine Bernie would also like a big wall
To protect those on minimum wage jobs from being exploited buy competition with migrants
But that's not going to fly with the democrats
Bernie would be labelled a racist

Getting back to Rogan
Wikipedia which I assume we accept as a reasonable source estimates is income from podcasting abetweene 50 and 100 million dollars per annum

Show me another journalist or commentator who pulls that sort of money and I'll show you someone I'm willing to acknowledge as more influential then Joe Rogan

Joe actually does interviews in a very non
Ideological way
He seems to go into all interviews with an open mind to see if he can learn something from his guest
I suppose that's why he has become so educated and charming
As opposed to the bitter ideologues of the mainstream media and the alt-right media

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 6:32am

Wikipedia doesn't say what Joe Rogan earns. You've gone from making up numbers to making up sources.

Cometh the hour, no?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:14am

How much do you think someone who has 1.5 billion downloads of perhaps 3 hours duration with ads inserted strategically throughout makes in a year

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #35 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:33am

aquascoot wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:14am:
How much do you think someone who has 1.5 billion downloads of perhaps 3 hours duration with ads inserted strategically throughout makes in a year

He's making about $30k per episode (4 to 5 a week) from the podcast which is from his 5 minute ad read at the start of the show (this goes out on the audio only podcast) and from Youtube ads.

He's very careful about what they play during the podcast so individual episodes don't get demonitised from Youtube. The robots in Youtube will detect even a few seconds of write protected content so Jamie Vernon, his producer is very careful of what they can play.

Then he has his income from being an MMA host, his stand up gigs, his supplement company and he does a whole lot of merch.

In Joe's own vernacular, he's balling!

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:28am

aquascoot wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:14am:

Good question, dear.

First, make up a fake number. Second, divide it into estimated ad revenue. Third, multiply that by a fake number. Fourth, say whatever you want.

Is this the formula for Mr Trump's succcess?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:41am

aquascoot wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 6:04am:
Getting back to Rogan
Wikipedia which I assume we accept as a reasonable source estimates is income from podcasting abetweene 50 and 100 million dollars per annum

Where?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Rogan

aquascoot wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 6:04am:
Show me another journalist or commentator who pulls that sort of money and I'll show you someone I'm willing to acknowledge as more influential then Joe Rogan

WTF?

The amount of money they earn doesn't determine how influential they are.

Your obsession with money is clouding your judgment.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:55am

It is definitely a fact that many of Joe Rogan's more academic guests are more overwhelmed to be on his show than he is of them... Brian Cox springs to mind when he told Rogan that he'did been swamped  by calls and messages from friends when they found out he would be on the show.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 12:48pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:55am:
It is definitely a fact that many of Joe Rogan's more academic guests are more overwhelmed to be on his show than he is of them... Brian Cox springs to mind when he told Rogan that he'did been swamped  by calls and messages from friends when they found out he would be on the show.

I've heard his name before, but couldn't pick him out in a lineup.

Never seen or heard any of his work.

"Joseph James Rogan (born August 11, 1967) is an American stand-up comedian, mixed martial arts color commentator, podcast host and former actor and television host."

"Rogan is not affiliated with any political party, but has been described as mostly having libertarian views.

"He has described himself as being "pretty liberal" and supports gay marriage, gay rights, women's rights, recreational drug use, universal healthcare, and universal basic income, while also supporting the Second Amendment.

"He also has criticized American foreign policy of military adventurism.

"He endorsed Ron Paul in the 2012 U.S. presidential campaign and Gary Johnson in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign.

"Rogan has publicly supported Tulsi Gabbard and encouraged her to run for U.S. presidency in 2020.

"On January 21, 2020, Rogan said he would "probably" vote for Bernie Sanders in the 2020 Democratic primary, adding, "He’s been insanely consistent his entire life." "

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:02pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 12:48pm:

"Joseph James Rogan (born August 11, 1967) is an American stand-up comedian, mixed martial arts color commentator, podcast host and former actor and television host."

"Rogan is not affiliated with any political party, but has been described as mostly having libertarian views.

"He has described himself as being "pretty liberal" and supports gay marriage, gay rights, women's rights, recreational drug use, universal healthcare, and universal basic income, while also supporting the Second Amendment.

"He endorsed Ron Paul in the 2012 U.S. presidential campaign and Gary Johnson in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign.

"Rogan has publicly supported Tulsi Gabbard and encouraged her to run for U.S. presidency in 2020.

"On January 21, 2020, Rogan said he would "probably" vote for Bernie Sanders in the 2020 Democratic primary, adding, "He’s been insanely consistent his entire life." "

Also, he earns 1.5 billion per annum off his podcast.

Not bad, eh? Check Wikipedia for the details.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:19pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:02pm:

Still searching.

It must be there somewhere.

It's not like aqua would just make up a number and then hope everyone believes it without question.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:40pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:19pm:

Still searching.

It's not like aqua would just make up a number and then hope everyone believes it without question.

I think you'll find aqua is more right than wrong on this one...

Rogan is a member of the so-called 'Intellectual Dark Web' which includes (among others) Bret and Chris Weinstein, Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, Ayaan Hirsch Ali, Ben Shapiro et al. ..

Having said that, he's more of an honorary member as he's no intellectual and doesn't pretend to be.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:53pm

Michael Bisping, a UFC Middleweight Champion who hosts a podcast of his own named Believe You Me revealed that Rogan expects to make up to five figures per episode of his show — typically around $75,000.

This was reported a few years ago, however, which means the number could have dropped or, more likely, increased since then. For comparison, that means that Joe Rogan makes more per episode of his podcast than the median household income of $61,372 per year.

then there’s the number of episodes he’s already done: 1,332 to date.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:12pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:40pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:19pm:

Still searching.

I think you'll find aqua is more right than wrong on this one...

Where?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Rogan

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print