Forum logo (Read 2262 times)
Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Re: Forum logo
Reply #45 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 12:51pm

Ayers Rock Campground

Located 15km from Uluru, Ayers Rock Campground caters to the en-route travel camping needs, from air-conditioned cabins to powered camp sites for caravans, campervans, motor homes and camper trailers, or pitch your tent on lush green grass under the shade of native desert oaks. The camping ground also provides a range of services and facilities including a swimming pool, playground, bbq facilities and outdoor kitchen and self-service laundry facilities to make the great outdoors truly enjoyable.

Located within Ayers Rock Resort, the camp ground is an ideal base from which to experience the beauty of the living cultural landscape of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. The Resort boasts a range of restaurants and bars, shops, a well-stocked IGA supermarket, petrol station, Tour & Information Centre, art galleries and a convenient complimentary shuttle service to get around. As a guest staying at the Ayers Rock Campground you can participate in a range of Free Daily Activities including guided garden walks and Indigenous bush yarns.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #46 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 2:03pm

Pedro Curevo wrote on Jan 25th, 2020 at 12:51pm:
Ayers Rock Campground

Located 15km from Uluru, Ayers Rock Campground caters to the en-route travel camping needs, from air-conditioned cabins to powered camp sites for caravans, campervans, motor homes and camper trailers, or pitch your tent on lush green grass under the shade of native desert oaks. The camping ground also provides a range of services and facilities including a swimming pool, playground, bbq facilities and outdoor kitchen and self-service laundry facilities to make the great outdoors truly enjoyable.

Located within Ayers Rock Resort, the camp ground is an ideal base from which to experience the beauty of the living cultural landscape of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. The Resort boasts a range of restaurants and bars, shops, a well-stocked IGA supermarket, petrol station, Tour & Information Centre, art galleries and a convenient complimentary shuttle service to get around. As a guest staying at the Ayers Rock Campground you can participate in a range of Free Daily Activities including guided garden walks and Indigenous bush yarns.

Only 15 km, you say?  Well.. that's just great - why didn't you say so before!  Ayers Rock might as well be on the other side of the moon if you can't get close to it for offending twenty people's 'sensitivities'..

" For instance, in standard atmospheric conditions, for an observer with eye level above sea level by 1.70 metres (5 ft 7 in), the horizon is at a distance of about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi)"..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon

Take an F card and stand in the Dunce Corner... the tourists could spend all day looking at the flat, red, dry spinifex infested landscape all around... I think a one-day visit to say you did it would be enough... you wouldn't even see The Rock from that place.. I suppose a garden tour and a few bush yarns, preferably in the bar at night over a coldie, would fill in a day...

You don't live here, do you?  Never seen The Outback?  What the Hell is the use of going to Ayers Rock Campground to not see Ayers Rock?   Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 2:13pm

Also, it has a well stocked IGA.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #48 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 2:44pm

Apparently they are setting out 'sacred sites' where people like Whitey can look at Uluru from a safe distance.

Nice to see the Aboriginals gathering around their Uluru
like Moslems around Lakemba Mosque during the Cronulla Riots.  Wink

Whitey gathering point for Uluru sighting.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 2:46pm

...note the 'traditional' aboriginal artwork of the Land.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 10:55pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 25th, 2020 at 2:44pm:
Apparently they are setting out 'sacred sites' where people like Whitey can look at Uluru from a safe distance.

But the whole site is sacred to every Australian... its called a 'national icon'... that's why it's called an Icon, Don-kay - because it's an ICON...

Are they going to put another fence around the Whitey distant viewing spots, in case they get out of hand?

Good place to gather 'em, then - one strike and they're gone.. no more 'traditional land owners'...

Is it Australia Day yet?  Watch all the d1cks parading with a few Aborigines in the big cities about their 'connection to the land' etc?  Which pub are they gathering in later?

I want to see some REAL rioting!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 10:57pm

You won't see that from 15km away, in between guided garden tours and bush yarns at the pub.. it'll be below the horizon... might as well not go there.... let it all wither on the vine, come back in two year's time and pick up the scraps...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:20am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 25th, 2020 at 10:55pm:

But the whole site is sacred to every Australian... its called a 'national icon'... that's why it's called an Icon, Don-kay - because it's an ICON...

Are they going to put another fence around the Whitey distant viewing spots, in case they get out of hand?

Good place to gather 'em, then - one strike and they're gone.. no more 'traditional land owners'...

Is it Australia Day yet?  Watch all the d1cks parading with a few Aborigines in the big cities about their 'connection to the land' etc?  Which pub are they gathering in later?

I want to see some REAL rioting!

Not to me. It's a boring 'Rock' out in Woop Woop with Heat and Flies. I'll leave it to the Boongs. The Koori can't have it - they're Victorians!  Cheesy

My sacred space is underwater. I'll shoot you with a spear-gun if you don't respect the 'underworld'.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:22am

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 23rd, 2020 at 7:44pm:
I must be thick as a brick having taken so long to realise what that fence around Ayers Rock is trying to say.
I’m leaving this site for good.

You got it all wrong Ayn Marx.
FD is just showing all the happy Black People holding hands around their Uluru. That's all.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:07pm

tombstone.jpg (37 KB | 7 )
tombstone.jpg

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:10pm

tombstone_001.jpg (37 KB | 6 )
tombstone_001.jpg

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:08pm

Yes. I wonder if FreeDiver has that effect on all new members?
I've never seen anything like it - all these years since 2008. Shocked

I mean - he/she didn't even give it a go like Polite_Gandalf does. Ayn Marx just 'dropped dead' like a donkey.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 10:20am

tombstone_5.jpg (37 KB | 18 )
tombstone_5.jpg

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #58 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 3:45pm

Ayres rock is one part of Australia I will never visit.

I refuse to contribute further to the abbo money machine.

I avoid any abbo crap, anywhere I go.
Most is made in Japan, China or Korea.

White people sell them because abbos are too lazy to work, WHAT? WORK?

I would burn my cash rather than give them a cent.

The single laziest race on earth.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print