Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Bridget McKenzie Facing Calls To Resign (Read 12093 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Bridget McKenzie Facing Calls To Resign
Reply #135 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 6:47pm

Vic wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 12:42pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:48am:
Report from the Prime Ministers chief of staff was due yesterday....My guess is McKenzie has told Morriscum if he sacks her she will confirm the grant allocations came from the PM's office....Scummo will weasel his way around doing anything....Nothing to see here plebs???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And Barnaby licks those lips in anticipation.....

They've had so many MPs and Senators demoted for scandals that they have no choice but to recycle tainted former Ministers back into the Ministry.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #136 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:01pm

Bridget McKenzie is a Red Herring.
Aimed to distract Media attention away from ScoMo and his possible lynching.

ScoMo is possibly this country's most defiant PM against the Australian people.
You could catch him with his hand in the Cookie Jar and he would threaten to bring out the Military again to 'support his cause'.
Starting to see Dictatoral traits in ScoMo - who obviously thinks that being Christian is a good justification for it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #137 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:11pm

Vic wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 12:42pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:48am:
Report from the Prime Ministers chief of staff was due yesterday....My guess is McKenzie has told Morriscum if he sacks her she will confirm the grant allocations came from the PM's office....Scummo will weasel his way around doing anything....Nothing to see here plebs???

And Barnaby licks those lips in anticipation.....

Barney supported McKenzie....That puts Michael McCormack in a very awkward position....If he sacks McKenzie when Morrison was just as guilty there could be a "National's" revolt???

Huh Huh Huh

Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!
Sir Walter Scott (1771 - 1832), Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:25pm

Ros Kelly used a whiteboard.

Bridget McKenzie used a "parallel assessment process" that relied on a spreadsheet with grant proposals colour coded by the party that held the electorate.

Sport Australia complained about political interference in the Government's sports grants program

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #139 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:26pm

Bam wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:25pm:

Bridget McKenzie used a "parallel assessment process" that relied on a spreadsheet with grant proposals colour coded by the party that held the electorate.

Sport Australia complained about political interference in the Government's sports grants program

Scummo and the Nats bloke (what's his name) are conspicuously quite of late....My bet is they are working behind the scenes in damage control, trying to convince Mad Dog McKenzie of Captain Cook fame to stand down quietly without throwing anyone (Morriscum) under the bus???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:33pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:26pm:
Bam wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:25pm:

Scummo and the Nats bloke (what's his name) are conspicuously quite of late....My bet is they are working behind the scenes in damage control, trying to convince Mad Dog McKenzie of Captain Cook fame to stand down quietly without throwing anyone (Morriscum) under the bus???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I suspect they're desperately trying to resolve this somehow before Parliament resumes next week. The last thing they want is for McKenzie to be still holding the portfolio and being subjected to sustained questioning in the Senate over the course of the session. They're stuck with her though. Morrison is a weak leader, unable to assert his PM's authority over the National Party, and he cannot remove her without the Nationals' permission. Next week will be an interesting time for the Coalition.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #141 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 6:04am

'Whiteboard' is too union action-plan. I need a community backbone mortgage executive growing wealth.

Enhanced protection facility
Mover shaker 
smart laundry deposit
"parallel assessment process"

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 6:58am

This should interest all those Aussies who're being denied disability pensions, who were denied the age pension at age 80 because Centrelink decreed that their birth certificate was 'too faded' and those who've been living on thin air for 13 months while waiting for their age pension to come through

Three dips at funding

and not paltry dips either

$150,000
$138,000
$110,000

Quote:
The North Brisbane football club received $150,000 through the controversial federal sports grants program despite already having won $138,000 from the Queensland government and a $110,000 grant from the Brisbane city council for the same field surface upgrade

Quote:
Guardian Australia contacted McKenzie for comment

LINK

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #143 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:22am

It just keeps getting worse for this Government!!!

Quote:
Sporting clubs denied funding in Sport Australia grants scandal want answers from Government

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-29/sports-clubs-denied-funding-sports-austra...

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #144 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:54am

Seeing that color-coded spreadsheet of the grants approval list (obtained via FOI - ABC) makes it so blatantly obvious that this was a marginal electorate / sandbagging / pork barrelling exercise.  Grin Grin Grin

Can Bridget survive this?

Don't reckon.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:21am

Captain Nemo wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:54am:
Seeing that color-coded spreadsheet of the grants approval list (obtained via FOI - ABC) makes it so blatantly obvious that this was a marginal electorate / sandbagging / pork barrelling exercise.  Grin Grin Grin

Can Bridget survive this?

Don't reckon.

She HAS to go.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #146 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:04pm

TAKING IT FOR THE TEAM.

ScoMo: "You're doing a great job Bridget!"

Bridget: "How so Boss Man?"

ScoMo: "You've turned the attention from me getting sacked by popular public demand, to you being sacked instead."

Bridget: "Is that why you all taught me to be totally one-eyed and bias in my financial hand-outs to our own Voters?"

ScoMo: "Yes - just like me giving those millions to NASA and not the Fire Departments who told me that 'bad things will happen' if I don't cough up money for them. Worse than Abos they are - for handouts!"

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:11pm

How the government is handling this scandal: they're looking for the whistleblowers.

grant-letter.jpg (44 KB | 11 )
grant-letter.jpg

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:16pm

Bam wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:11pm:
How the government is handling this scandal: they're looking for the whistleblowers.

Jesus!    Roll Eyes

This government needs to be REMOVED!

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 3:43pm

The sports rorts scandal is not the only scandal involving Bridget McKenzie's inability to manage money properly.

Bridget McKenzie sport rorts: Drought funding overseen by minister went to ineligible councils
Quote:
Embattled Deputy Nationals leader Bridget McKenzie has been embroiled in another government grants controversy, this time involving grants designed to assist drought-affected towns.

The Drought Communities Program Extension gives councils in eligible areas up to $1 million for drought relief projects.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced an extra 52 councils would be eligible for the program, during a visit to Orange and Blayney on Tuesday.

But councils which did not meet the eligibility criteria were given grants during the 2019 election campaign.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print