Send Topic Print
Forum Link Rule (Read 2734 times)
Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Forum Link Rule
Jan 16th, 2020 at 12:13pm

Can anyone explain the reason for this rule?
"Sorry, you are not allowed to post messages containing active links to websites or images before you have posted 100 normal messages. "

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Forum Link Rule
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 12:42pm

Until you manage to get it in the hole young Jedi.
You will have to wait until you master the Links.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 12:49pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 12:13pm:
"Sorry, you are not allowed to post messages containing active links to websites or images before you have posted 100 normal messages. "

-no quotes sunshine  till you are checked out and pass all ASIOs rules for becoming a full paid up member of ozpol....

if you fail the test [ or get bored] you may be sent to monks site where you may wish you had never been born....

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 1:38pm

cods wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 12:49pm:

-no quotes sunshine  till you are checked out and pass all ASIOs rules for becoming a full paid up member of ozpol....

if you fail the test [ or get bored] you may be sent to monks site where you may wish you had never been born....

Alright...this has been said a few times. I've googled "monks place" and now "monks site".
First one is a sandwich bar in America the other is a my heritage site.
Please kill my suspence as to what the hell this "monks place" is.......please. 🤔

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 1:41pm

I can't do it. I can't hold myself responsible for you walking down a dark path.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 1:44pm

🤣🤣🤣

Is it that bad?

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 1:46pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 1:38pm:

Alright...this has been said a few times. I've googled "monks place" and now "monks site".
Please kill my suspence as to what the hell this "monks place" is.......please. 🤔

If I told you the last post on there was 11:26am this morning do you still want to go there?

Oops forgot to refresh my browser!

Oh OK !!

http://www.polanimal.com.au/index.php

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 2:01pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 1:46pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 1:38pm:

If I told you the last post on there was 11:26am this morning do you still want to go there?

Oops forgot to refresh my browser!

Oh OK !!

http://www.polanimal.com.au/index.php

Thank you good sir.
I have had a look. It's just another political site. I'm guessing by the name greggorypeccary on the front page that he and his friends hide out there.
I take it it was started by an ex member with an axe to grind. All good.

Cods mentioned the other day that some of the people on there were happy this site was down. Now it makes sence.
Curiosity got me.

Thanks Redmond.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 2:46pm

I was once there.
Luckily I wore my Zaphod Beeblebrox Sunglasses  Cool
They activate when my life is in danger and I only see the words "Don't Panic" in front of me.
My soul is still pure.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 8:42pm

I believe it's to stop spam. I have seen spammers post over 50 posts in very short time before they are deleted. They try to get access to post their miracle cures or whatever they are pushing. Because this site is not monitored by mods 24 hours a day they can get through. Just make more posts and you'll get to 100 pretty quick. Replying to me and other posters in this thread will get you another post for each. We've all been through it and it can be frustrating but it's better than a forum filled with spam. Nothing is perfect.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 6:57am

No one wants to start at the bottom & work their way up anymore.

Always bucking for the top job straight up.  Roll Eyes Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #11 - Jan 20th, 2020 at 11:52am

I had my ASIO file ‘lost’ some years ago.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #12 - Jan 20th, 2020 at 11:59am

Setanta wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 8:42pm:

I believe it's to stop spam. I have seen spammers post over 50 posts in very short time before they are deleted. They try to get access to post their miracle cures or whatever they are pushing. Because this site is not monitored by mods 24 hours a day they can get through. Just make more posts and you'll get to 100 pretty quick. Replying to me and other posters in this thread will get you another post for each. We've all been through it and it can be frustrating but it's better than a forum filled with spam. Nothing is perfect.

So. as I suspected, it’s a monitoring problem. Not that I’m volunteering my services as one. Been there and done that too many times. A difficult, thankless job nobody ever appreciates.
At least now I know why so many sexist, racist and often downright nasty posts remain unchallenged here.
Anyhow, given that social media has diluted the importance of forums across the board often forums are now overseen by a small ‘elite’ group of opinionated individuals  (0ften the ‘owners’ themselves )willing to throw their weight around when it suits specific ideological/religious or whatever beliefs.
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2020 at 12:54pm by Ayn Marx »  

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Jan 20th, 2020 at 1:11pm

Quote:
At least now I know why so many sexist, racist and often downright nasty posts remain unchallenged here.

Agree.

IP Logged

ChrisP

Sydney
Reply #14 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 4:59pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 20th, 2020 at 1:11pm:
Quote:

Agree.

Agree about what?  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print