Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
DOW Closes Over 29,000 For First Time Ever (Read 3772 times)
SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

DOW Closes Over 29,000 For First Time Ever
Jan 16th, 2020 at 10:33am

Quote:
IT’S OFFICIAL: DOW Closes Over 29,000 For First Time Ever – Greatest Market Rally in US History Continues!

The greatest stock market rally ever in US History continues. DOW up 91 points – Sets new all-time closing high!

After President Trump was elected the stock markets exploded. The markets are a gauge of the economy and include expectations of the future. On November 8th, 2016, the DOW closed at 18,332. Since that date the DOW has soared. On Wednesday the DOW closed at 29,030 or 10,698 points higher than the day of the 2016 election!

The markets are starting 2020 with a bang! Never has has the DOW risen so much in such a short period of time. THIS IS HISTORIC!

Not only has the DOW skyrocketed since Donald Trump was elected President, the market’s rise is record breaking.

President Trump’s first year in office (2017) saw the most all-time stock market closing highs (71). The most all-time closing highs in a year prior to 2017 was 69 in 1995.

Prior to 2016, no year in the DOW’s more than 100-year history ever saw the DOW increase by more than 3,500 points. In 2017 the DOW increased nearly 5,000 points for a record. In 2019 the DOW was up more than 5,000 points (5,210) for the first time ever setting the new all-time annual record!

Since President Trump was elected President the DOW tied the record for the most all-time closing highs in a row. In January of 1987 President Reagan saw the DOW increase to new all-time highs a record 12 days in a row. In February of 2017, President Trump matched Reagan’s record.

The DOW reached its fastest 500 point increase between major milestones under President Trump. In January of 2018 the DOW surpassed 26,000 and six days later the DOW surpassed 26,500. Under President Trump the DOW has seen the fastest 1,000; 2,000; 3,000; 4,000; 5,000; 6,000; 7,000, 8,000, 9,000 and 10,000 point increases in DOW history. No similar records have occurred at any time in history.

Also, President Trump didn’t ride an Obama wave, the DOW under Obama was down in 2015 and stayed relatively flat until the 2016 election. The DOW is now officially up more than 58% since the 2016 election.

Presidents GW Bush and Obama NEVER reached a new all-time high in their entire first terms. Presidents (Franklin) Roosevelt, Truman and Carter never reached a new all-time high in their Presidencies.

President Trump has now increased the markets by more than any other President in their entire Presidency (when counting from their election win to the election day in their last year in office.) This has never happened before.

All the major indices are way up under President Trump and many records have been set. The market increases since President Trump’s election three years ago truly are historic and record breaking!

Any wonder the Democrats are running with the Impeachment Hoax.

They have nothing else.

The “Do Nothing” Democrats - their districts are full of homeless and Schit all over their streets.

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: DOW Closes Over 29,000 For First Time Ever
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:16am

If only the DOW was an accurate measure of how well the country was doing, you could take it to the bank.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:33am

That's great! Great that Trump supporters, the ones who aren't getting rich, who can't afford to get sick, actually think that Donald directly controls the stock market. He is bigger than Jesus, you know!

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:36am

We are now in the year 2020.

Can you believe it - 2020!   Shocked

No year has ever been that high before.

Thank you, Mr Trump.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:36am

yes serial,

i have tried to educate our leftie friends but they are "wilfully blind".

as jean Piaget would say

"if you want to be a popular kid you better play a game all the other kids want to play"

all "real' americans want to play the game of a market economy .
and the record set by the dow jones is the truth that this game is being played more successfully under donald then under any previous president "by the definition of the game itself".

short of the economy tanking, trump wins 4 more years.

take that to the bank skippy  Tongue Tongue

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:39am

The US population is 330,119,635

Can you believe that? - 330,119,635   Shocked

It's never been that high before.

Thank you, Mr Trump.

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:42am

From its low in 1982 to the infamous crash of October 1987, the Dow Jones rose 250%

From its low in 2009 to now, the Dow Jones has risen by 343%.

All glory is fleeting. Historically, the US markets reach their lowest level no more than 6 months after a major crash. Even if this is followed by a bear market for 1 - 2 years, my advice would be to wait till the crash comes and buy 6 months after the crash.
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:47am by minarchist »  

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:46am

My portfolio is benefiting. Yet I am smart enough to know there is more to the economy than the DOW. You know what real inflation accounted-for wages went up last year? 1.1%. That's all. Couple that with millions of people who can't afford medical care and you have a disaster in the making.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 1:57pm

AiA wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:46am:
My portfolio is benefiting. Yet I am smart enough to know there is more to the economy than the DOW. You know what real inflation accounted-for wages went up last year? 1.1%. That's all. Couple that with millions of people who can't afford medical care and you have a disaster in the making.

Grin

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #9 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 2:04pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:16am:
If only the DOW was an accurate measure of how well the country was doing, you could take it to the bank.

You can Sad one!

Some peoples 401K's and IRA's have risen 100% since Trump was elected - not bad!

The DOW shot up today as a result of Trump's historic trade deal with China.

Expected increase of 50 billion for farmers and 200 +  billion in exports to China in the next 2 years.

And the media/Dems predicted Trump would destroy the economy!  Grin

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #10 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 2:13pm

minarchist wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:42am:
From its low in 1982 to the infamous crash of October 1987, the Dow Jones rose 250%

All glory is fleeting. Historically, the US markets reach their lowest level no more than 6 months after a major crash. Even if this is followed by a bear market for 1 - 2 years, my advice would be to wait till the crash comes and buy 6 months after the crash.

The booms and bust cycles we experience are caused IMO by monetary policy. Untie the purse strings and you have a boom - tighten them and have a recession.

Will the President seek to take control and nationalize the Fed? Thats the question.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 2:31pm

Richdude wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 2:13pm:
minarchist wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 11:42am:

The booms and bust cycles we experience are caused IMO by monetary policy. Untie the purse strings and you have a boom - tighten them and have a recession.

Will the President seek to take control and nationalize the Fed? Thats the question.

I hope so, and thats what I’m hearing that might happen.

The Fed is a floored system - it needs constant crashes.

Booms and Busts.

and they use the BUST to get rid of a President that they want out.

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 2:33pm

Quote:
PROMISE KEPT: President Trump signs landmark phase 1 deal with China

In a historic moment, President Donald J. Trump was joined today by the Vice Premier of China in the East Room of the White House. Together, they signed a new, fully enforceable trade agreement that rebalances this vital trade partnership while boosting American businesses, farmers, manufacturers, and innovators.

“From day one, my Administration has fought tirelessly to achieve a level playing field for the American worker,” President Trump said. Before he took office, Washington had long tolerated unfair trade practices that buoyed special interests while hurting U.S. working- and middle-class families.

President Trump: I’m putting the American people first!

“For years, politicians ran for office promising action to remedy these practices, only to do nothing but allow them to continue,” the President said this morning. “Unlike those who came before me, I kept my promise . . . Now, our efforts have yielded a transformative deal that will bring tremendous benefits to both countries.”

The new agreement makes good on a number of key promises to fix trade with China:
American-made products: To help rebalance the relationship, China has pledged to increase imports of American goods and services by at least $200 billion. 

Agriculture purchases: As part of that commitment, China will be stocking up on goods from U.S. farmers—between $40 and $50 billion worth.

No more forced technology transfers: For the first time ever, China agreed to end its practice of forcing American companies to transfer their technology to Chinese companies as a condition for doing business there.

Fair currency practices: Beijing has agreed to stronger commitments on its practices regarding currency devaluations and exchange rates.

And that’s just phase one. The work on a phase-two deal is already underway. 

“With this signing, we mark more than just an agreement. We mark a sea change in international trade. At long last, Americans have a government that puts them first at the negotiating table,” President Trump said.

A stronger America, of course, doesn’t come at the rest of the globe’s expense. On the contrary, when the United States is thriving, it makes the world a safer, more stable place. A better and fairer trade partnership with China will do much of the same.

Starting today, a new era of harmony, prosperity, and commerce officially begins.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 2:47pm

Oh. dearie, dearie, me, the serial liar, Cereal Brains has returned!  Poor, poor, OzPol.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 3:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 2:47pm:
Oh. dearie, dearie, me, the serial liar, Cereal Brains has returned!  Poor, poor, OzPol.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

Um, are you saying the Dow didn't close over 29,000

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print