Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Drag Queens Not 4 Kids Young Libs (Read 15653 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Drag Queens Not 4 Kids Young Libs
Reply #120 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 7:49am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 7:43am:
Gordon wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 6:54am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 6:50am:
The outcome is tragic for everyone involved.

I hope everyone can take away something positive from this tragedy.

It's a great example of the possible consequences of free speech and one's own actions.

The right love to troll and attack people they disagree with but have no consequences for doing so, and now we see why Sad

Who do you think trolled the bloke who died in this case?

Who says anyone trolled him?

His actions had consequences.  The right love seeing lefties who protest get attacked or piled on via social media, even lose their jobs, but they want a safe space when it's one of their own?

Exactly.

This one confuses them a bit though.

The right hate homosexuals, but love a good bully.

This guy was a gay conservative bully, so they're not sure what to think.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 9:34am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 7:43am:
Gordon wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 6:54am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 6:50am:
The outcome is tragic for everyone involved.

I hope everyone can take away something positive from this tragedy.

It's a great example of the possible consequences of free speech and one's own actions.

The right left love to troll and attack people they disagree with but have no consequences for doing so, and now we see why Sad

Who do you think trolled the bloke who died in this case?

Who says anyone trolled him?

His actions had consequences.  The right love seeing lefties who protest get attacked or piled on via social media, even lose their jobs, but they want a safe space when it's one of their own?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is a tragedy no matter how you look at it.  It shouldn't be politicised nor this young man made a martyr.

It pains me that all of a sudden the right now care about this issue that it's one of their own who comit suicide, but maybe this can at least be a positive take away from the situation that everyone might finally realise the issues at play here, the factors that contributed to his suicide and how it can impact anyone, left or right.

But that is the optimist in me.

The realist in me, this will exploited by the right, claiming the left are violent killers pushing innocent conservatives to their deaths when they're only standing up for their views, even though it was a publicity stunt gone wrong attacking someone who was trying to give their time to help children.

The right will try to turn this into some sort of ribbon campaign, but not one to bring awareness but to simply attack the left.

I prefer the optimist's view than the realists.

Time will tell.

You've actually just changed Lefty Strategy 101.

I'm not attempting to make that bloke a martyr .... I think he was a fool for topping himself.

Whether or not he was gay was irrelevant to his protest.

Maybe he was a gay with a better moralistic view & didn't have cause to try & convert/brainwash people that his sexuality was the norm or needed to impress that on others that it had to accepted?

Especially little children.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 9:43am

Gnads wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 9:34am:
Maybe he was a gay with a better moralistic view & didn't have cause to try & convert/brainwash people that his sexuality was the norm or needed to impress that on others that it had to accepted?

He tried to convert people to his point of view regarding who should and who shouldn't read books to children.

And he did that by bullying.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 9:52am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 9:43am:

He tried to convert people to his point of view regarding who should and who shouldn't read books to children.

And if that's the case it's a refreshing change that it was young conservatives because that's normally the forte of young lefties.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 9:59am

Gnads wrote on Jan 15th, 2020 at 9:52am:

And if that's the case it's a refreshing change that it was young conservatives because that's normally the forte of young lefties.

Refreshing?

I don't condone any sort of bullying, no matter who's doing it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #125 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 10:03am

Faggots and trannies should stay away from our kids.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #126 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:28pm

Is this acceptable?

IBI

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #127 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:39pm

The program is meant to break down stereotypes and promote tolerance about LGBT people as well as provide fun for children who are far less judgemental....It was not compulsory and it was up to parents if they wanted their children to attend....What is it about individual freedom that the right hate???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #128 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:46pm

What stereotypes and intolerance do kids have to 'that' group?  Do kids and most adults even notice them unless they flaunt it in people's faces?

Why can't that group simply go about their own lives without trying to affect others, who mostly have zero interest in them....

Tell me - what 'intolerance' do the LGBT suffer here in Oz?  Being ignored? 

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:49pm

So it's bullying to take a public stance of saying NO to something now?

Does that mean when I say NO to the 'Inversion Day' protestors I'm bullying them?  Or is it a case of them bullying me, hopefully into silence, with dark threats of name-calling and possible direct violence for holding an opposing view?

What would they have done if I'd stood on a footpath at their demo with a sign saying :-

Australia Day - OK!

All peace and love and just a quiet talk between equals?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #130 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:46pm:
What stereotypes and intolerance do kids have to 'that' group?  Do kids and most adults even notice them unless they flaunt it in people's faces?

Why can't that group simply go about their own lives without trying to affect others, who mostly have zero interest in them....

It was not compulsory and it was up to parents if they wanted their children to attend....WTF are you to tell people what they can and cannot do???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:15pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:21pm:

It was not compulsory and it was up to parents if they wanted their children to attend....WTF are you to tell people what they can and cannot do???

Huh Huh Huh

Can't read English, eh?  I asked:-

"What stereotypes and intolerance do kids have to 'that' group?  Do kids and most adults even notice them unless they flaunt it in people's faces?

Why can't that group simply go about their own lives without trying to affect others, who mostly have zero interest in them...."

Where am I 'telling' anyone what to do?  I'm asking questions that you obviously cannot answer or do not want to answer...

Answer the questions, dickhead.... maybe in WA you can get away with that sort of rubbish answer - but not here in Australia, son...

God, you're an easy mark....

― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #132 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:46pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:15pm:

Huh Huh Huh

"What stereotypes and intolerance do kids have to 'that' group?  Do kids and most adults even notice them unless they flaunt it in people's faces?

Why can't that group simply go about their own lives without trying to affect others, who mostly have zero interest in them...."

Where am I 'telling' anyone what to do?  I'm asking questions that you obviously cannot answer or do not want to answer...

Answer the questions, dickhead.... maybe in WA you can get away with that sort of rubbish answer - but not here in Australia, son...

I can read English mate but either you cannot comprehend or you are being deliberately misleading....What don't you understand???

It was not compulsory and it was up to parents if they wanted their children to attend
....Why can't you just mind your own business and let other people make their own choices....It is you who are intolerant and no one is trying to "infect" anyone....You are pathetic!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:54pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:46pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:15pm:

Huh Huh Huh

I can read English mate but either you cannot comprehend or you are being deliberately misleading....What don't you understand???

It was not compulsory and it was up to parents if they wanted their children to attend
....Why can't you just mind your own business and let other people make their own choices....It is you who are intolerant and no one is trying to "infect" anyone....You are pathetic!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ah - then why can't the LBX-Ray group mind their own business and go about their own lives?

You're the one who used the word 'infected', you dolt.

I take it you cannot answer the questions on the issue?

Why is it in any way necessary for small children to be shown about all that kind of hystrionic nonsense, and why can't that group simply go their own way...

Now - what are these dire conditions that group lives under - given that they are free to associate etc and do their own thing, same as anyone else, and nobody beats them or imprisons them for it - that creates the 'need' to develop a 'program' to teach little kids, who are not intolerant and have no real idea, about 'tolerance'?

I can envisage my son and daughter and their school mates - it'd be like a clown show to them at that age.. and at a later age it would be the source of much amusement in the school yard.

Hystrionics pure and simple.... no need for it... no valid reason for it.

YOU can read English?  Ah - so you only failed comprehension...

― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #134 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:04pm

I would not take my kids and see no reason to worry about those who did....I don't have to speak for anyone else who wants to take their kids to a library for what ever reason....You tell me, you are the one judging everyone???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Send Topic Print