Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Trump supports term limits for senators and repres (Read 746 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Trump supports term limits for senators and repres
Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:14am

Trump supports term limits for senators and representatives

Rep. Michael Gallagher's (R) plan is for 12 years max.

Quote:

.....Term limits

In May 2018, Gallagher received Donald Trump's "full-throated endorsement" to "push for congressional term limits", during a meeting at the White House.

He has received support from Brian Fitzpatrick, Jodey Arrington and Vicente González.

His plan consists of limiting senators "to two terms and representatives to six terms", totaling 12 years each.

It would be grandfathered in order not to apply to sitting members of Congress, except for the so-called "freshman class".[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Gallagher_(American_politician)

Good move.

12 years is long enough for any individual to be entrenched in the halls of power in a nations capital.

Long term career politicians [can] tend to morph into 'self-serving' politicians.

And career politicians have, imo, more of an incentive to pander to the interests of 'motherhood' ['virtue signalling'] issue focus groups, in order to secure more votes.
[...when politicians should be concerned mostly with 'foundational' national issues, imo.]

We should have some similar consideration too, for government bureaucrats who are heads of departments.

No need for any individual to be a head of department for 30-40 years !

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Trump supports term limits for senators and repres
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:26am

Does he realise that most of the senators and house members lying to support him have been in office for close to 20 years or more ?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:29am

not sure I agree   I believe in EXPERIENCE as long as it encompasses integrity....now that we cant buy can we???..

our education system is crap for the simple reason we chuck out the old and bring in the new... and untried..

is that really the way we want govts to work???????????...........

would you expect brain surgeons to step aside once they have done 12 years of operating????????...

would you be happy knowing you have an inexperienced brain surgeon working on you because we had forced all the experienced ones to retire?????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:31am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:26am:
Does he realise that most of the senators and house members lying to support him have been in office for close to 20 years or more ?

I hope your not suggesting Clinton didnt get any demos to back his lies   about his sex encounter impeachment..dna???..

nah you wouldnt do that would you? Wink Wink

even after he was caught out... Grin Grin

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 1:24pm

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:29am:

not sure I agree

I believe in EXPERIENCE as long as it encompasses integrity....now that we cant buy can we???..

our education system is crap for the simple reason we chuck out the old and bring in the new... and untried..

would you expect brain surgeons to step aside once they have done 12 years of operating????????...

would you be happy knowing you have an inexperienced brain surgeon working on you because we had forced all the experienced ones to retire?????

Really ?

cods,

None of the founding fathers of the U.S.A. had any experience running a national government.
!!!

And none of the founding fathers of the U.S.A. had any experience in setting up [by agreement among themselves] their own system for, a national government.

But they did !

cods,

Did they do such a woeful job, in your opinion ?

cods,

Why did that group of people [the founding fathers of the U.S.A.] turn out to be so successful in the setting up of, a form of a national government, for their independent states ?

Is that a question worth asking today ?

WWW search....
what is the US Constitution

https://www.dummies.com/education/politics-government/the-7-articles-of-the-us-c...

https://www.dummies.com/education/politics-government/u-s-constitution-for-dummi...

THE PREMISE UPON WHICH THE OF GOVERNMENT, IN THE U.S.A. IS ESTABLISHED....

Quote:

United States Declaration of Independence

[small snippet]
Preamble....
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--[82]

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,--

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Declaration_of_Independence

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 1:43pm

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:31am:
Dnarever wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:26am:

I hope your not suggesting Clinton didnt get any demos to back his lies   about his sex encounter impeachment..dna???..

nah you wouldnt do that would you? Wink Wink

even after he was caught out... Grin Grin

Yes many of the same republicans who were outraged by the President scoring a bj now support a President who has cheated on 3 wives and been recorded bragging about sexually assaulting many women paying off other woman to hide relationships and other accusations who is now impeached over extorting a foreign country for his personal gain and obstructing the investigation.

Clinton was a nothing burger on any comparison, just a joke.

Same as your fixation with Thompson where you now support 100 X worse.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 5:52pm

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:29am:
not sure I agree   I believe in EXPERIENCE as long as it encompasses integrity....now that we cant buy can we???..

The only 'Term Limits' for AMERICAN PUBLIC SERVANTS I support, is that for the President of the United States.

Constitutionally, subject only to Amendment by the People. The President is limited to a maximum of two (2) four (4) year terms.

Term Limits for members of the US House of Representatives, & the US Senate, are exactly where they belong......in the hands of the American People, which they exercise every two (2) years for Representatives, & every six (6) years for Senators, on Election Day, with their votes. Americans will keep those they are pleased with, & kick out those they are not.

Term limits for any & all other AMERICAN PUBLIC SERVANTS are determined the same way......via elections, subject to the will & wrath of the American Voters.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:13pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 11:18am

What I find interesting is that we have numerous hints that el Presidente' Trump wants more than his term limits allow - three or more terms and yet here, we have el Presidente' Trump supposedly supporting term limits for senators and congresspeople.   Mmmm, I see a little bit of a contradiction there...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 12:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 11:18am:
What I find interesting is that we have numerous hints that el Presidente' Trump wants more than his term limits allow - three or more terms and yet here, we have el Presidente' Trump supposedly supporting term limits for senators and congresspeople.   Mmmm, I see a little bit of a contradiction there...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Until something become fact & above fiction, it's nothing but hearsay, & totally immaterial Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 2:00pm

Panther wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 12:30pm:

Until something become fact & above fiction, it's nothing but hearsay, & totally immaterial Wink

Spoken like a true Trumpite, there, Panther.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #10 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 3:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 2:00pm:

Yeah Bwian.........I can almost feel yer PAIN....

DAMN FACTS always get in the Left's Face ta piss on yer Parade!!  Grin Grin Grin

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 4:19pm

Panther wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 3:54pm:

DAMN FACTS always get in the Left's Face ta piss on yer Parade!!  Grin Grin Grin

Really?  I hadn't noticed any from you, mate.  All you rabbit on about is guns it seems.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 7:00pm

Talking about facts, Exactly why does trump need to hide them ?

The facts would prove his innocence - unfortunately that would only work if he were innocent.

Guess that answers the question.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #13 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 10:19pm

Dnarever wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 7:00pm:

The facts would prove his innocence - unfortunately that would only work if he were innocent.

Dumb as dog sh!t as usual DuckyBoy!!  Grin Grin Grin

President Donald John Trump is the accused, the defendant, therefore, under the American System he needs to prove absolutely nothing. He doesn't need to even offer any defense if he chooses not to, if the Prosecutors don't prove their case convincingly, they...the US Senate....can't & won't convict. The President will be acquitted. ...

The burden of proof all rests with the Prosecution....the accusers.......to make an overwhelming & compelling case, to secure a 67 Super-Majority vote, & remove our American President from Office.

That Bwian.....that's a FACT!  Wink

« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2020 at 10:28pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 12:23pm

Panther wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 10:19pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 7:00pm:

Dumb as dog sh!t as usual DuckyBoy!!  Grin Grin Grin

President Donald John Trump is the accused, the defendant, therefore, under the American System he needs to prove absolutely nothing. He doesn't need to even offer any defense if he chooses not to, if the Prosecutors don't prove their case convincingly, they...the US Senate....can't & won't convict. The President will be acquitted. http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/cleanteeth09.gif

The burden of proof all rests with the Prosecution....the accusers.......to make an overwhelming & compelling case, to secure a 67 Super-Majority vote, & remove our American President from Office.

That Bwian.....that's a FACT!  Wink

Can I ask why you must make your text so large?  Do you have poor eyesight?  You do realise you can achieve the same result by using the "enlarge" option under the view menu (or by holding down the control button and using your mouse's wheel)?

I have not disputed whether or not Trump most offer anything for his own defence.   I suspect he will though, 'cause he's that sort of guy, right?  Roll Eyes :Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print