Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The great weakness of ISLAM [and of wrongdoers] (Read 175 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
The great weakness of ISLAM [and of wrongdoers]
Jan 11th, 2020 at 2:47pm

The great weakness of ISLAM [and of wrongdoers].

ISLAM inculcates the idea, within the moslem psyche,      that a person who is a follower of ISLAM,       can do no wrong       [in the eyes of Allah] so long as he obeys ISLAM's holy precepts.
[....worship Allah.      hate disbelievers.      fight against disbelievers.      kill disbelievers who oppose the influence of ISLAMIC law.]

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper....."

Quote:

Proverbs 28:13

(13) He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
King James Version

Four words in this verse—"cover," "prosper," "confesses," and "forsakes"—highlight some valuable instruction for us.

According to Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon, these Hebrew words mean:

» Cover (kacah, #3680): "to cover, to conceal, to hide."

» Prosper (tsalach, #6743): "to advance, to prosper, to make progress, to succeed, to be profitable."

» Confesses (yadah, #3034): "to throw, to shoot, to cast" and by extension, "to confess" or even "to praise."

» Forsakes ('azab, #5800): "to leave, to loose, to forsake, to let go."

In other words, if we try to hide or ignore our faults, our chances for success in life are dim, but if we admit them and put them behind us, we will have favor.

In The Road Less Traveled, M. Scott Peck remarks that "it is easier for us to try and forget a problem that we know exists than to deal with it."

He states a fundamental truth about our problems.

If we do not deal with a problem—in our case, sin—it will never go away.

It will fester, and it will always come up later or manifest itself in a different form.

Spiritually, then, if we are not honest with ourselves about our sins and shortcomings, we will not reach our full, God-given potential.

God can show us our sins, but He cannot and will not force us to overcome—that decision is ours.

We must see ourselves for what we are and have the desire to make the conscious choice to change.

Thus, Paul instructs us in Philippians 2:12-13:

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

- Staff [@ Berean]

source is The Berean Daily Verse and Comment, WWW search

PROPOSITION;
If we fail to recognise [our] wrongdoing, their is [logically, and psychically] no reason for us to feel regret or sorrow, for any harm we have caused.

In such a circumstance we fail to create any 'space' for [our own] forgiveness.

Psalms 34:18
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psalms 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Isaiah 57:15
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
16  For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

contrite = = feeling or expressing remorse.

Malachi 3:14
Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?
15  And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
16  Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
17  And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
18  Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Quote:

.....Each sin lowers our inhibition to further transgression and often causes collateral damage to those close to us and beyond.

More importantly, it separates us from our Father and His love, without which we would be eternally lost.

We can be assured, though, that because of our heavenly Father's powerful love for each of us, He has provided the perfect antidote to all of our sinful habits in the life and the blood of Jesus Christ.

- Martin G. Collins [@ Berean]

source is The Berean Daily Verse and Comment, WWW search

« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2020 at 2:53pm by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print