Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Is Panther a sycophantic pretend American?

Yes    
  2 (20.0%)
No    
  5 (50.0%)
More than 1 syllable confuses Panther    
  3 (30.0%)

Total votes: 10
« Created by: rhino on: Jan 6th, 2020 at 11:15pm »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
177 gun deaths (Read 17988 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 177 gun deaths
Reply #240 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 8:01pm

Dnarever wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 7:50pm:
New Harvard Research Debunks the NRA’s Favorite Talking Points

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/04/gun-research-harvard-nra/

Quote:
“Carrying a gun for self-defense makes you safer.” Or: “If only more ordinary citizens were armed, they could stop mass shootings.” As we’ve shown in our reporting, these arguments don’t stand up to scrutiny.

That can't be right. Baron said Harvard's really into the NRA's favourite talking points. He even posted a link.

You've posted Mother Jones. Now what's it to be?

Harvard or Mother?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #241 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 9:21pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 7:59pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 6:38pm:
I am only here to twiggew Bwian and Turd and you, Benito and all the other silly pwogs and po-faced ratbags - see avatar.

Putting an excellent education  - yes, some time at the University of Bologna (homework - find it on the map and report back) - to some small, good use in an obscure little corner of the Australian internet debating community.   I look at it as a socially responsible charity activity for my less fortunate, less clear-headed fellow Australians who may, despite all signs to the contrary, may be steered to redemption from their idiotic, misguided ways.

Take you, for example - what motivates you to spread all your gawdawful stupid, mad Foucauldian-Marxist shite that you spray around? What redemption for you from that hell?.

https://media.tenor.com/images/c618b0bd6703b5e172e5d3a30561ce59/tenor.gif

Spreading more Mud, Soren.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Karnal, did you call a fwiend???

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #242 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 9:52pm

Frank wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 9:21pm:
I am only here to twiggew Bwian and Turd and you, Benito and all the other silly pwogs and po-faced ratbags - see avatar.

Putting an excellent education  - yes, some time at the University of Bologna (homework - find it on the map and report back) - to some small, good use in an obscure little corner of the Australian internet debating community.   I look at it as a socially responsible charity activity for my less fortunate, less clear-headed fellow Australians who may, despite all signs to the contrary, may be steered to redemption from their idiotic, misguided ways.

Take you, for example - what motivates you to spread all your gawdawful stupid, mad Foucauldian-Marxist shite that you spray around? What redemption for you from that hell?.

We're all fwiends here, old chap, but no. I don't have a telephone.

Have you considered calling Lifeline?

You may find it helps, dear boy. It can be so comforting to sit down and have a good old chinwag with someone who cares.

We're all here for you, you know.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #243 - Jan 16th, 2020 at 10:12pm

Frank wrote on Jan 16th, 2020 at 9:21pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, still playing in the mud patch, Soren?  Tsk, tsk.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #244 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 6:14pm

Bwian's TWIGGEWED!!!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #245 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 8:06pm

Frank wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 6:14pm:

Bwian's TWIGGEWED!!!

Anything useful to add to the thread, Soren?  Anything at all?  No, it doesn't appears so.  Run along and play in your favourite mud patch, OK? Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #246 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 8:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 8:06pm:

Bwian's TWIGGEWED!!!

Anything useful to add to the thread, Soren?  Anything at all?  No, it doesn't appears so.  Run along and play in your favourite mud patch, OK? Roll Eyes

https://media.tenor.com/images/ade14751510697cca79d205f726d5e22/tenor.gif

You have a fetish for toddlers in distress, Bwian.

Weirdly perverted.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #247 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 9:55pm

We can trust government to keep us safe, right?

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #248 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 10:02pm

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #249 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 10:03pm

Frank wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 8:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 8:06pm:

Bwian's TWIGGEWED!!!

https://media.tenor.com/images/ade14751510697cca79d205f726d5e22/tenor.gif

You have a fetish for toddlers in distress, Bwian.

Weirdly perverted.

Your the oddly perverted one, Soren.  The are no toddlers in that picture...

« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2020 at 4:53pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #250 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 10:21pm

Quote:
“Carrying a gun for self-defense makes you safer.” Or: “If only more ordinary citizens were armed, they could stop mass shootings.” As we’ve shown in our reporting, these arguments don’t stand up to scrutiny.

The piece is pure opinion, no facts!

Quote:
Generally speaking, when it comes to deciding who should be listened to, I look to a couple questions to guide my direction. First, “cui bo·no?”, or in English, “Who benefits?”. Second, “What’s their experience?”. Third, “What’s their successes?”. Fourth, “Ramifications of applying that advice?”. Fifth, “What’s their reputation?”.

And of course, what is their agenda?

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #251 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 9:02am

Mortdooley wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 10:21pm:

Quote:

The piece is pure opinion, no facts!

Quote:
Generally speaking, when it comes to deciding who should be listened to, I look to a couple questions to guide my direction. First, “cui bo·no?”, or in English, “Who benefits?”. Second, “What’s their experience?”. Third, “What’s their successes?”. Fourth, “Ramifications of applying that advice?”. Fifth, “What’s their reputation?”.

And of course, what is their agenda?

Fact check agrees with their view as the NRA position is factually incorrect.

The NRA statement on guns make you safer is a pants on fire one.

It is a fact that a gun owner is very many times more likely to shoot him/her self, a family member or a friend than to ever be used in self defence.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #252 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 9:31am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 19th, 2020 at 9:02am:
It is a fact that a gun owner is very many times more likely to shoot him/her self, a family member or a friend than to ever be used in self defence.

That might be a statistical fact, but it doesn't change anything. 

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #253 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 9:37am

Harvard  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Tell you what, you anti-gun wafflers

break into my home with your gun or knife or garden hoe

give me a gun

and watch you back out fast

either you back out or you're a colander

Creep up behind me in a park with your knife

Give me a gun and I live, you die

then put the gun (or not) in your hand when there you are, cleaning the inside of your vehicle in your driveway

and mad Wayne comes racing up behind you

he's going to take your car, your phone, your money and your six year old grandson

and he will

because mad Wayne's been on the turps and any mind-bending substance he's been able to get his hands on today.  He has the strength of ten men and a big knife in his hands

what ya gonna do?  Call the police? 

no you're not because mad Wayne's already stuck his knife in you and your car's leaving your driveway.  Mad Wayne has plans for your grand daughter, just as soon as he's spent your money on his fix

you die there bleeding out on your newly pressure cleaned driveway

moaning … 'I'm dying. My grand daughter's going to suffer before she's killed too.  Gee I wish I'd had a gun …. '

or … you've shot mad Wayne and your grand daughter is safe

but that's right.  You don't believe you should be able to defend yourself against madmen, do you

Ok.  You're dead then.  And so is your grand daughter

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #254 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 9:38am

Oprah once showed a hidden camera experiment where they placed a life-like replica pistol in a random locker at various (Primary level) schools.
79% of the time the kid's 'automatic' response was to 'play' - point the gun at his friend(s) and shoot when they found it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print