Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
why NOW (Read 6321 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

why NOW
Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:31am

a question for you vic...why are our defence forces not trained to fight fires or for any emergency that affects our country?..

only now are they being sent into NSW and Vic  to help..

surely at times like this it would be like fighting a war..just one against the elements...

it amazes me why we leave it until so much harm has been done...........
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2020 at 12:53pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: why NOW
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:38am

They need to know how to kill. That takes priority

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:39am

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:31am:
a question for you vic...why are our defence forces not trained to fight fires or for any emergency that affects our country?..

surely at times like this it would be like fighting a war..just one against the elements...

maybe because the climate change ratbags in high places demanded the Oz fires be left to destroy close to everything

because the media could flash it around the world

to 'prove' that climate change is 'real' ?

Morrison should be put in the hot seat and forced to explain WHY the military weren't brought in from the start

but what can he say other than, ' B .. but my masters stopped me from controlling the fires by bringing in the military. If it were up to me, I would have brought the military in from the start … but I was forbidden by my overseas masters from doing so.  Don't blame me.  I would have.  But I was prevented from doing so.  They even dragged me off to Hawaii to make sure I understood that the fires … most of them deliberately lit, I should add … must be allowed to burn this country to blackened toast.  Don't b..blame me !  It's not MY fault that my masters are using Australia to push their lucrative climate change scam … '

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #3 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:46am

He doesnt even defend his position because his religion says we are all sinners and deserve to die and he will get a new earth when its over

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:46am

That's one of the dumbest I have seen from you, and that's saying a lot.

What weapons do the 'Armed Services' have to fight fires?

Do you think they could use some ah ... PFAS is it? 

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:57am

It's not their job.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 9:42am

Gordon wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:57am:
It's not their job.

WHY isnt it   we are not at WAR.....why have these men and women sitting twiddling their thumbs when they could be at least trained to be of some help in times of emergencies????>..

we train volunteers   men and women who do have better things to be doing.....

now the govt is sending in helicopters and even ships to do what exactly??????

oh thats right to help with something they have NO TRAINING FOR 

makes sense to some. Angry

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 9:42am

Australia's defence forces are decreed to be "on duty" 364/365 days a year, 24 hours a day.  Leave is a privilege, not a right.

The reason why it has taken so long to act is because well, it hasn't.  The ADF has been in action from early on in the NSW bushfire emergency providing logistic support with over a thousand diggers.   That has now been extended to Victoria.

The ADF is in line to provide logistics support and air and naval support.

The ADF is not trained to fight fires, except for a small core of firefighters who handle fires on the ADF's ranges.   When I served, back in 1983 during the Ash Wednesday fires, the ADF was called out.  I drove a water tanker.  The South Australian CFS however didn't want us helping them and so most diggers sat on their arses beside the road waiting on a decision.  They ended up going back to barracks.  The Brigadier wasn't happy about that and made some loud noises.  He was politely ignored.  I doubt much would have changed since then...  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 9:52am

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 9:42am:
Australia's defence forces are decreed to be "on duty" 364/365 days a year, 24 hours a day.  Leave is a privilege, not a right.

The reason why it has taken so long to act is because well, it hasn't.  The ADF has been in action from early on in the NSW bushfire emergency providing logistic support with over a thousand diggers.   That has now been extended to Victoria.

The ADF is not trained to fight fires, except for a small core of firefighters who handle fires on the ADF's ranges.   When I served, back in 1983 during the Ash Wednesday fires, the ADF was called out.  I drove a water tanker.  The South Australian CFS however didn't want us helping them and so most diggers sat on their arses beside the road waiting on a decision.  They ended up going back to barracks.  The Brigadier wasn't happy about that and made some loud noises.  He was politely ignored.  I doubt much would have changed since then...  Roll Eyes

that is exactly why I am asking this question.....why are they not TRAINED.. in any emergency....

its better to be TRAINED than not trained...

my argument is this... we have to come up with better way to fight fires.........this wont be the last........

I think our defence forces are wonderful dont get me wrong....but they are a GROUP  that can be called on at a moments notice.....they can be transported anywhere at a moments notice

to be its a GIVEN  why not use them in a very practical positive way.....no one is suggesting they dont do what they are in service to do......but we have a very serious emergency right now....and it seems to me  we have wasted a lot of time.. why wait until so much damage has been done????????

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 9:58am

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 9:52am:

that is exactly why I am asking this question.....why are they not TRAINED.. in any emergency....

my argument is this... we have to come up with better way to fight fires.........this wont be the last........

I think our defence forces are wonderful dont get me wrong....but they are a GROUP  that can be called on at a moments notice.....they can be transported anywhere at a moments notice

to be its a GIVEN  why not use them in a very practical positive way.....no one is suggesting they dont do what they are in service to do......but we have a very serious emergency right now....and it seems to me  we have wasted a lot of time.. why wait until so much damage has been done????????

They are not trained to fight fires because fighting fires is not seen as their primary duty, Cods.

When you are prepared to have diggers learning how to fight fires, rather than learning how to defend you and your property from overseas attackers, get back to us, OK?

You can have one or the t'other, not both.  Simples really.

Diggers can be taught how to fight spot fires and tidy up after the firefront has passed, putting out smouldering logs, etc.   They are not though.   The civilian fire services don't have the money to devote to training them.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 11:03am

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 9:52am:

i think like a lot of people you have a glorified view of the ADF cods, most service people just simply arent that bright. The ADF recruits people who can be easily manipulated into becoming people who will not act without being given an order, thats the last people you need to depend on in an actual emergency.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 11:44am

rhino wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 11:03am:
i think like a lot of people you have a glorified view of the ADF cods, most service people just simply arent that bright. The ADF recruits people who can be easily manipulated into becoming people who will not act without being given an order, thats the last people you need to depend on in an actual emergency.

And your experience in the military consists of, what, exactly, Rhino?   Roll Eyes

Yes, there are some people like that there but the majority of soldiers/sailors/airmen are paid to think and think they do.   People who merely obey orders do not go far in the ADF. 

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #12 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 12:19pm

I think logistic support is all they can really do.

Making them into RFS teams would involve massive expenditure in equipment and RFS training apart from doing their ADF normal work.

Who would they be reporting to RFS command or their ADF command during these periods?

Could we afford to have a high percentage of all ADF staff tied up for months on end fighting fires while neglecting their normal work and training.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #13 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 12:19pm

I can only speak for Navy Cods but, we all undergo regular firefighting training to the extent of containing a fire on a ship or submarine however, that training is not really extendable to the huge firestorms that we are seeing at the moment.      Whilst there have been members ot the armed forces on the ground for some time assisting where they can, it comes down to a few other reasons including, who would fill the gap left by defence assets if a military threat comes up and, who pays for what is a. non defence requirement.

Believe it or not, everything is costed in defence down to the last slice of bread and all that becomes the defence budget for the year.    When something comes up like this, Defence - if you like - provide "a quote" for services and the Government provides the money from another source.   I have worked in a number of System Program Offices (SPOs) where each element of our program has the annual cost for fuel, maintenance, alongside costs etc built into that ship's monetary budget for the year.  All is good until Cyclone Larry hits and now we are looking at extra fuel, extra stores, extra everything and the defence Budget just doesn't stretch to that.  So, it becomes a piddling contest between Ministers to find the money to augment defence.    It is indeed an eye opening experience.   

You will find that most of the defence force are itching to get in there and help, but they can only move when the Defence Minister tells the Chief of defence they can go

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 2:05pm

One thing's for sure, we need a massive increase in firefighting resources to an extant volunteers can't fill.

Prehaps a large federally funded full time service that can fight fires, do controlled burns and  even assist with flood relief.

I'd be more than happy for a petrol or income levy to find it.

Also school leavers who served a year could get a nice chuck of their uni fees paid.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 3:42pm

Vic wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 12:19pm:

I can only speak for Navy Cods but, we all undergo regular firefighting training to the extent of containing a fire on a ship or submarine however, that training is not really extendable to the huge firestorms that we are seeing at the moment.      Whilst there have been members ot the armed forces on the ground for some time assisting where they can, it comes down to a few other reasons including, who would fill the gap left by defence assets if a military threat comes up and, who pays for what is a. non defence requirement.

Believe it or not, everything is costed in defence down to the last slice of bread and all that becomes the defence budget for the year.    When something comes up like this, Defence - if you like - provide "a quote" for services and the Government provides the money from another source.   I have worked in a number of System Program Offices (SPOs) where each element of our program has the annual cost for fuel, maintenance, alongside costs etc built into that ship's monetary budget for the year.  All is good until Cyclone Larry hits and now we are looking at extra fuel, extra stores, extra everything and the defence Budget just doesn't stretch to that.  So, it becomes a piddling contest between Ministers to find the money to augment defence.    It is indeed an eye opening experience.   

You will find that most of the defence force are itching to get in there and help, but they can only move when the Defence Minister tells the Chief of defence they can go

yes yes I understand that my son in law is a reserve in the RAAF .. but these guys are just hankering for real life action... pretend war games are ok  I know they are essential  but this would only add to their experience .. its vital to this country    that we have a group of men fully trained .. I am talking about ELITE.. not just dropping water from the sky......which at the end of the day doesnt seem to be doing much... Sad Sad Sad Sad... this is a crisis for all of us....just the same as being under attack from another country...

these firies can only keep going for so long.....if they get tired they get sloppy its dangerous ... our men in the trenches are trained to be resilient and strong under all conditions.... personally i think its a waste we dont use them to their full potential...

what do you think vic?.. am I over expecting things..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 3:44pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 2:05pm:
One thing's for sure, we need a massive increase in firefighting resources to an extant volunteers can't fill.

Prehaps a large federally funded full time service that can fight fires, do controlled burns and  even assist with flood relief.

I'd be more than happy for a petrol or income levy to find it.

Also school leavers who served a year could get a nice chuck of their uni fees paid.

I get that gordy  but why when he have men and women already trained to face danger....sitting there for the want of being used....how much would it cost to have them trained to be fire fighters as well...??...yes yes I agree   we all benefit from these people   what would a few extra cents be a week....to any of us...

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:01pm

The ADF has finally been given the kick up the backside they deserve and are moving in to help out instead of being on standby for the fast 4 months sitting in their barracks shining the eyelets of their boots and starching their uniforms.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:08pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:01pm:
The ADF has finally been given the kick up the backside they deserve and are moving in to help out instead of being on standby for the fast 4 months sitting in their barracks shining the eyelets of their boots and starching their uniforms.

I dont think thats fair  at all... if this  attack was by a foreign nation  they would be at the front and you and I would be sitting back watching it unfold on tele... Angry Angry

but it isnt its a fire attack and they are not trained to fight firestorms..

thats the reason for the thread.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:12pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:08pm:

I dont think thats fair  at all... if this  attack was by a foreign nation  they would be at the front and you and I would be sitting back watching it unfold on tele... Angry Angry

Well they are going in, have they suddenly been trained up? they have a hell of a lot of resources at hand including manpower, better late then never.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:13pm

why not our public school teachers cods? the kids are all on holidays at this time of year anyway. Send them to the firefront. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:15pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:12pm:

Well they are going in, have they suddenly been trained up? they have a hell of a lot of resources including manpower, better late then never.

not really   logistics moving people out of danger....and helicopters dropping water.....and \bravo to them......sorry mate i think theres a little more to actually fighting fires... Sad

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:16pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:13pm:

why not our public school teachers cods? the kids are all on holidays at this time of year anyway. Send them to the firefront. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I am sure there are many in our volunteers firies js...

never fear... what i am talking about... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

is groups large groups of people who can be brought together at a moments notice...ALREADY TRAINED. as far as I know teachers do not GROUP.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:18pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:16pm:

i'm sure there are, as there would be members of the armed services, serving or othwerwise. The point is, teachers aren't trained to fight bushfires and neither are soldiers.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:21pm

.ALREADY TRAINED

at what? shooting a gun? marching? operating tanks? what part of their training deals with fighting bush fires?

At best the armed services can provide logistical support. Something I have no problem with, but send people on the fire front who aren't trained to deal with that sort of fire front, ad you'll just be sending people to be BBQ'd.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #25 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:25pm

Send Sarah Hanson-Young  to help. She could scare the fires out with her face.

images_121.jpeg (22 KB | 9 )
images_121.jpeg

IBI

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:30pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:15pm:

Well they are going in, have they suddenly been trained up? they have a hell of a lot of resources including manpower, better late then never.

not really   logistics moving people out of danger....and helicopters dropping water.....and \bravo to them......sorry mate i think theres a little more to actually fighting fires... Sad

What is it that they will be doing now that they couldn't have started doing months ago, situation critical.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #27 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:42pm

Well they are going in, have they suddenly been trained up? they have a hell of a lot of resources at hand including manpower, better late then never.

better late than never is all bullsh1t

They have been there for months doing logistic roles as that is what they are trained to do.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:53pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:42pm:

They have been there for months doing logistic roles as that is what they are trained to do.

Really! it's all over the news, they are shifting into gear and they are actually going to do something. This waiting for governments to give them a formal invitation is BS.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:04pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:18pm:

i'm sure there are, as there would be members of the armed services, serving or othwerwise. The point is, teachers aren't trained to fight bushfires and neither are soldiers.

I KNOW THAT PET... READ THE OP....

do you think our armed services should be trained   we are not at WAR with another country   but we are at WAR with the elements...

I am just saynig   why NOT TRAIN THEM>> Roll Eyes

whats wrong with them being trained????????????????????????????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:05pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:42pm:

exactly   since the fires started  and well done to them.......but they could have more skills  with a little thought put into practice...

what is it about me... why am I the only one that thinks this makes sense??????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:08pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 4:21pm:
.ALREADY TRAINED

at what? shooting a gun? marching? operating tanks? what part of their training deals with fighting bush fires?

At best the armed services can provide logistical support. Something I have no problem with, but send people on the fire front who aren't trained to deal with that sort of fire front, ad you'll just be sending people to be BBQ'd.

\
john I am talking about the future... this will happen time and time again.....take a good look at us...

we live in a country THAT IS BUSH FIRE PRONE.....yet we are losing the war...we do not have the man power to beat this bloody monster....

we have to do better... if you can come up with a better idea lets hear it...your totally negative about my idea i get that... so come up with something better??????

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:09pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:04pm:

do you think our armed services should be trained   we are not at WAR with another country   but we are at WAR with the elements...

I am just saynig   why NOT TRAIN THEM>>

because they're there to learn to fight a war, not fight a fire. The two aren't even remotely similar so I don't know why you're targeting armed services over any other group. If any of them want to volunteer to fight fires they can do that of their own bat. In my opinion the fact they are ready to go to war and fight to defend us is sacrifice enough.

Keep them for logisitcal support, and leave the professionals to fight the fires.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:13pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:08pm:
\
john I am talking about the future... this will happen time and time again.....take a good look at us...

why not give some of the unemployed a job? I'm sure there would be many takers. Hire and train professional firefighters, not soldiers playing at firefighters. It would be a lot safer for everyone involved.

There have been to many budget cuts to the fire services. It needs to be reversed and increased so the firies can do their jobs properly.

I can't believe that after all these years, we still hire fire fighting planes from Canada ... every single year. And have been for over a decade. It's ridiculous.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:16pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:13pm:
cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:08pm:
\

why not give some of the unemployed a job? I'm sure there would be many takers. Hire and train professional firefighters, not soldiers playing at firefighters. It would be a lot safer for everyone involved.

There have been to many budget cuts to the fire services. It needs to be reversed and increased so the firies can do their jobs properly.

I can't believe that after all these years, we still hire fire fighting planes from Canada ... every single year. And have been for over a decade. It's ridiculous.

DO THEY COME IN GROUPS.....LIKE SCHOOL TEACHERS   THEY ARE MOSTLY INDIVIDUAL...

yes the unemployed could be trained to be VOLUNTEERS    but it has to be their choice...

cant you see the difference... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

our defence forces do what they are told to do.... no ifs or buts......and it would help them in civilian life as well..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:17pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:09pm:
cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:04pm:

I am just saynig   why NOT TRAIN THEM>>

because they're there to learn to fight a war, not fight a fire. The two aren't even remotely similar so I don't know why you're targeting armed services over any other group. If any of them want to volunteer to fight fires they can do that of their own bat. In my opinion the fact they are ready to go to war and fight to defend us is sacrifice enough.

Keep them for logisitcal support, and leave the professionals to fight the fires.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

makes sense to some... Angry

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #36 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:17pm

THe ADF has been supporting the fire fighters in NSW for the last 4 months, mate.  Get your facts right.  Over a thousand diggers have been out there in the field helping the firies to fight the bush fires.  They have been rotated through, a thousand a month IIRC.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:25pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:16pm:
DO THEY COME IN GROUPS.....LIKE SCHOOL TEACHERS   THEY ARE MOSTLY INDIVIDUAL...

no they're not, they work for schools, which in turn work for state education departments. They're all employees of the qld dept of education, or NSW dept of education etc. Just like soldiers train in individual roles to serve individual platoons (or whatever they call them) who in turn work for the different arms of the defense forces.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Dwayne

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:34pm

Quote:
VOLUNTEER.

Somebody who freely works for an organisation without being paid!

IF the unemployed could get off their arses for five minutes, they would VOLUNTEER to help out NOW.  Nope, they will only volunteer if they can get more handouts. Typical.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:17pm:

THe ADF has been supporting the fire fighters in NSW for the last 4 months, mate.  Get your facts right.  Over a thousand diggers have been out there in the field helping the firies to fight the bush fires.  They have been rotated through, a thousand a month IIRC.  Roll Eyes

he has already had that explained to him.....

how do you feel about our defence forces being trained in fire fighting  bri?....do you think that would work or be a complete waste of time?.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:36pm

Dwayne wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:34pm:
Quote:
VOLUNTEER.

IF the unemployed could get off their arses for five minutes, they would VOLUNTEER to help out NOW.  Nope, they will only volunteer if they can get more handouts. Typical.

you do not know what any volunteer does when he/she is not fighting fires..

its no one business.....  good on em   where would we be without them.. I dont care what walk of life they come from they deserve our respect...

IP Logged

Dwayne

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:46pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:36pm:
Quote:
VOLUNTEER.

IF the
unemployed
could get off their arses for five minutes, they would VOLUNTEER to help out NOW.  Nope, they will only volunteer if they can get more handouts. Typical.

its no one business.....  good on em   where would we be without them.. I dont care what walk of life they come from they deserve our respect...

I wasn't talking about the VOLUNTEER FIRIES but the unemployed lot who are on welfare and want to be "rewarded" to volunteer for anything.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:52pm

Dwayne wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:46pm:
I wasn't talking about the VOLUNTEER FIRIES but the unemployed lot who are on welfare and want to be "rewarded" to volunteer for anything.

you're assuming none of the volunteers are unemployed. Have you any evidence of that?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:58pm

Dwayne wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:46pm:
cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:36pm:
Quote:
VOLUNTEER.

IF the
unemployed
could get off their arses for five minutes, they would VOLUNTEER to help out NOW.  Nope, they will only volunteer if they can get more handouts. Typical.

how do you know the volunteer firies are not made up of UNEMPLOYED PERSONS...... a retired person is also unemployed..

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 6:01pm

"The army will establish a joint taskforce to co-ordinate the defence effort in Victoria while a second taskforce will be set up in NSW on Thursday, in the wake of talks between defence chiefs and state authorities.
But the Morrison government is also facing calls for a bigger expansion in military intervention by mobilising soldiers to create fire breaks and using the Royal Australian Air Force to douse fires."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 6:15pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 6:01pm:

"The army will establish a joint taskforce to co-ordinate the defence effort in Victoria while a second taskforce will be set up in NSW on Thursday, in the wake of talks between defence chiefs and state authorities.
But the Morrison government is also facing calls for a bigger expansion in military intervention by mobilising soldiers to create fire breaks and using the Royal Australian Air Force to douse fires."

good but it doesnt mention training does it for the FUTURE> Sad Sad

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 6:22pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 6:15pm:

Yes the should be trained the same as volunteer fire fighters. It wouldn't take that long.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 8:56pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 6:22pm:
cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 6:15pm:

Yes the should be trained the same as volunteer fire fighters. It wouldn't take that long.

thank you..... no trained by the BIG GUNS.... even world authorities  although we really should be world leaders in this type of emergency....instead we appear to be all over the place...... to see time and time again lives taken and homes destroyed is incredible...and god knows what animal life has gone.....binging in the heavy artillery  after the deed  isnt good enough....these fires need to be fought on every front..at the same time and our defence men and women are already well trained for that.....they just need the details and know how........I am glad you agree...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 6:15am

they are now taking in food and water and even rescuing people up and down the coast into Vic... well done..7 people dead on the Sth Coast 1 in Vic.... Sad Sad..

Sat by all accounts is another extreme fire danger day...

if its possible it seems to be getting grimmer..

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 10:54am

cods wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 6:15am:
they are now taking in food and water and even rescuing people up and down the coast into Vic... well done..7 people dead on the Sth Coast 1 in Vic.... Sad Sad..

Good on em, they will be heroes on and off the battlefield now, and not a minute too soon.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 11:14am

Johnnie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 10:54am:
cods wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 6:15am:

Good on em, they will be heroes on and off the battlefield now, and not a minute too soon.

the major credit still goes to the firies as far as I am concerned... but yes its wonderful they are being used in such a fantastic way....I am sure the people are more than relieved to see them...

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #51 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 12:37pm

It's not their job.

If it's 'not their job' why do they go to disaster areas in other countries to help them?

Illogical..... Undecided

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 1:10pm

I personally believe the reason we are getting these ferious bushfires is because of those wet years we had a few years back . The bush went nuts with growth and all that highly combustible undergrowth has just dried out. It doesn't take much for that stuff to go up. If you look at Australia's bushfire history we always get bushfires in dry weather on the back of wet years. The current climate change hysteria is overlooking this.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 1:35pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 1:10pm:
I personally believe the reason we are getting these ferious bushfires is because of those wet years we had a few years back . The bush went nuts with growth and all that highly combustible undergrowth has just dried out. It doesn't take much for that stuff to go up. If you look at Australia's bushfire history we always get bushfires in dry weather on the back of wet years. The current climate change hysteria is overlooking this.

There is a natural cycle, if climate change had anything to do with it then it just happened sooner rather than later, even .02° rise in temperatures will give an earlier ignition.

We can't clear all the undergrowth or all the critters will die. Clear the ground around properties and stand back.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 2:36pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 12:37pm:
It's not their job.

If it's 'not their job' why do they go to disaster areas in other countries to help them?

Illogical..... Undecided

they fight bush fires in other countries do they? or do they provide logistical support, the same as they have been doing in many of the fire torn regions here? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #55 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:00pm

Difficulty understanding the premise behind that post do you moron?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:03pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:00pm:
Difficulty understanding the premise behind that post do you moron?

no, i understood perfectly that you're an idiot.

Our armed services do not fight bushfires overseas.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #57 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:31pm

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:31pm:

what a relief for those stranded...excellent stuff....

I guess you would need to be pretty fit to get on board..lolol that would leave me out!

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #59 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:58pm

cods wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:43pm:

I guess you would need to be pretty fit to get on board..lolol that would leave me out!

A helicopter would await madam...  Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 4:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:58pm:

they dont have ladders to get into helicopters    do they?..I guess they are talking defence size choppers...

oh crikey

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 4:22pm

The ADF to the rescue, now we can all sleep a little easier tonight, the Brigadier said they were only to happy to help out, now all the public servants should get on board, except for the fat ones and get out there.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #62 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 8:55pm

cods wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 4:01pm:

they dont have ladders to get into helicopters    do they?..I guess they are talking defence size choppers...

oh crikey

The Blackhawks are low to the ground, Cods.  The Chinooks have rear ramps on them which you can walk up.   Cool

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:32pm

thats a relief.....I thought I might get thrown over a suitable studs shoulder.....and all my lycra sportswear is at the cleaners.....which burnt to the ground......it could have had drastic consequences...

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #64 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:41pm

cods wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:32pm:
thats a relief.....I thought I might get thrown over a suitable studs shoulder.....and all my lycra sportswear is at the cleaners.....which burnt to the ground......it could have had drastic consequences...

Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:49pm

I know!!  I dont think even our ADF  is trained for that...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 9:09am

I think this is the biggest crisis this country has had in a long while.....I am not sure we are dealing like aussies in the past would have dealt with this danger....we appear to be falling apart...this is big  thats for sure...but no excuse for push and shove and nasty  which seems to be creeping in.... I am surprised to be honest...what happened to our back bone... Sad Sad.. I havent seen any hysteria or fear from the children..only a few adults..... whom these kids rely on.. Angry

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:07pm

XdBrian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 8:55pm:
cods wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 4:01pm:

oh crikey

The Blackhawks are low to the ground, Cods.  The Chinooks have rear ramps on them which you can walk up.   Cool

Thanks, Ace.
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2020 at 9:20pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:08pm

cods wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 9:09am:
I think this is the biggest crisis this country has had in a long while.....

The Morrison Government?

Absolutely.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:15pm

Can you explain how, Pecker?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:22pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:15pm:

Morrison is incompetent, and the rest of his team are inept criminals.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:25pm

Incompetent? He ain't Robinson Crusoe in Canberra. As far as crimes are concerned, what would they be?

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 7:57pm

We could use three or four graders.water tankers, rollers and bulldozers to fix some bypass roads while fires are blocking highway one and isolating WA

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #73 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 8:21pm

miketrees wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 7:57pm:
We could use three or four graders.water tankers, rollers and bulldozers to fix some bypass roads while fires are blocking highway one and isolating WA

The Indian-Pacific railway still exists.  The planes are still flying.  The fires will burn themselves out well before a new road is required.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 9:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:25pm:
Incompetent? He ain't Robinson Crusoe in Canberra. As far as crimes are concerned, what would they be?

he wouldnt know.. sad init!

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #75 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 12:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:22pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:15pm:

Morrison is incompetent, and the rest of his team are inept criminals.

Far worse and for more dangerous than incompetent is a Prime Minister using machiavellian cunning to achieve his ends. Made even more scary by him believing God is on his side. My chosen adjectives are deluded, sly, opportunistic and evil.

However, we need to avoid venting our frustrations and horror on him alone. There’s a cabinet loaded with raving lunatics just now salivating at the prospect of replacing him. I’m no believer in prayer but suggest those who are get down on their knees and pray Herr Dutton doesn’t replace the fool who speaks in tongues.

But who knows, Saint Julie Bishop might yet ride back into Canberra riding a white horse wearing her best bright red stilettos and save us all.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #76 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 1:28pm

yeah anyone know if dutton is a happy clapper?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #77 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 2:07pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 1:28pm:
yeah anyone know if dutton is a happy clapper?

Spot

Nope.  Il Duce' Dutton is a typical ex-Queensland Copper - dangerous as a cut snake and as difficult to manage.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 4:32pm

I thank the ADF   they are doing a fine job   

no they are not trained to rescue people but they are handling this without fear or favour   and without blaming anyone... marvellous guys.....

they just go about their task.. without a complaint   this is why I feel they would be excellent to be trained in fire fighting and working with the RFS..

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jan 8th, 2020 at 7:30am

sad lot really   they all come out to whinge and criticise ..

but send out a little  praise .. and not a soul in sight.. Embarrassed
I take that as how lefties feel  about the involvement of our ADF... not impressed not interested.....

sad init? Angry

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #80 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 8:55am

cods wrote on Jan 8th, 2020 at 7:30am:

I take that as how lefties feel  about the involvement of our ADF... not impressed not interested.....

sad init? Angry

Isn't it, considering that OzPol has been down for three days, Cods...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 9:52am

very amusing    still no comment on our fire fighting men and women.....ho hum.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #82 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:18pm

cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 9:52am:
very amusing    still no comment on our fire fighting men and women.....ho hum.... Roll Eyes

What comment do you want, Cods?  That they are doing a good job?  "Well done."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:45pm

well a pat on the back at times like this  is maybe all they will get...I dont know what you have done or are able to do  right now to help.. I am not in a great position to do much  other than say thanks...and cheer them on...

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #84 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:55pm

cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:45pm:
well a pat on the back at times like this  is maybe all they will get...I dont know what you have done or are able to do  right now to help.. I am not in a great position to do much  other than say thanks...and cheer them on...

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

Why would it offend me, Cods?   Yes, a pat on the back is all they will be likely to receive.  Unlike some overseas militaries, medals are not awarded for national emergencies downunder.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:05pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:55pm:

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

Why would it offend me, Cods?   Yes, a pat on the back is all they will be likely to receive.  Unlike some overseas militaries, medals are not awarded for national emergencies downunder.   Roll Eyes

wont it get up your nose if Abbott gets a medal... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I am sure a few medals will be out there and rightly so...would I put myself in the  line of fire.. NO  and I bet you wouldnt either..  John Smith wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:55pm:
cods wrote on Jan 8th, 2020 at 7:30am:

sad init? Angry

was it your prayers that shut down ozpol for 3 days cods?

why would I pray for something so stooooopid.?? Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #86 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:32pm

cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:05pm:

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

wont it get up your nose if Abbott gets a medal... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I am sure a few medals will be out there and rightly so...would I put myself in the  line of fire.. NO  and I bet you wouldnt either.. 

If Tone gets a medal, I don't doubt he'll deserve it, Cods.  Unlike you, I accept that some people, even the people who I dislike in a particular role might well be quite brave in another role.   Tone has proved himself to be a good man as a fire fighter but he still remains one of Australia's worst Prime Ministers,  He denied Climate Change and now the people of Australia are paying the price.  Roll Eyes :Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 5:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:32pm:

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

wont it get up your nose if Abbott gets a medal... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I am sure a few medals will be out there and rightly so...would I put myself in the  line of fire.. NO  and I bet you wouldnt either.. 

If Tone gets a medal, I don't doubt he'll deserve it, Cods.  [highligh[/highlight]roved himself to be a good man as a fire fighter but he still remains one of Australia's worst Prime Ministers,  He denied Climate Change and now the people of Australia are paying the price.  Roll Eyes :Wink

really WHERE HAVE I EVER CRITICISED A MEDAL??

please dont make up things about me   one think I hate.....

btw HE DID STOP THE BOATS>. or would you rather they were still coming????? Smiley Smiley

he didnt deny CLIMATE CHANGE neither do I... its just the reasons for it we havent been sold on....

tell me! someone cant think where suggested we "deniers" as you call us are the reason for these fires.

I am wondering if we all suddenly said YES HUMANS ARE RESPONSIBLE    would that reverse CLIMATE CHANGE??????

if we stopped selling coal  lets say back in gillards time...

what effect would that have on this?  would you believe we wouldnt be having these fires????

btw Australia isnt the only country that sells coal..

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #88 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 7:19pm

cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 5:09pm:

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

If Tone gets a medal, I don't doubt he'll deserve it, Cods.  [highligh[/highlight]roved himself to be a good man as a fire fighter but he still remains one of Australia's worst Prime Ministers,  He denied Climate Change and now the people of Australia are paying the price.  Roll Eyes :Wink

Where did I suggest you had, Cods?  Please reread what I said.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
he didnt deny CLIMATE CHANGE neither do I... its just the reasons for it we havent been sold on....

Since being deposed as PM has has openly denied Climate Change, Cods.  He didn't arrive at that viewpoint overnight.

I have never claimed that you, personally ever denied Climate Change, Cods.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
tell me! someone cant think where suggested we "deniers" as you call us are the reason for these fires.

I am wondering if we all suddenly said YES HUMANS ARE RESPONSIBLE    would that reverse CLIMATE CHANGE??????

It might start humanity down the track to reversing it, Cods.  As the ancient Chinese proverb suggests, "the journey of a thousand li starts with the first step."  Stop denying that Global Warming/Climate Change exists and we might be able to take that first step.   The Denialists are still squabbling whether to use their their Left or Right foot to step off IMHO,

Quote:
if we stopped selling coal  lets say back in gillards time...  what effect would that have on this?  would you believe we wouldnt be having these fires????

If we had stopped selling coal under Guillard, these fires would in all likelihood be of a lower intensity than they are, Cods.   The changing climate has induced the existing drought and the existing drought has dried out the eastern seaboard of Australia.

No one has suggested that Australia is the only country that sells coal,  We are the largest coal mining country in the Pacific region though.  If we ceased mining it, the coal users would either seek an alternative fuel source or an alternative fuel, which would decrease the effects of climate change around the world.   You appear unable to unwilling to think this issue through.   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2020 at 7:28pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #89 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 7:20pm

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 8:17pm

Thanks, Big Man.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:35am

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 7:19pm:

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

Quote:
Unlike you, I accept that some people, even the people who I dislike in a particular role might well be quite brave in another role.   Tone has proved himself to be a good man as a fire fighter

RIGHT THERE...

Quote:

Since being deposed as PM has has openly denied Climate Change, Cods.  He didn't arrive at that viewpoint overnight.

I have never claimed that you, personally ever denied Climate Change, Cods.  :Smiley

just hints   I get it..
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:

It might start humanity down the track to reversing it, Cods.  As the ancient Chinese proverb suggests, "the journey of a thousand li starts with the first step."  Stop denying that Global Warming/Climate Change exists and we might be able to take that first step.   The Denialists are still squabbling whether to use their their Left or Right foot to step off IMHO,

Quote:
if we stopped selling coal  lets say back in gillards time...  what effect would that have on this?  would you believe we wouldnt be having these fires????

If we had stopped selling coal under Guillard, these fires would in all likelihood be of a lower intensity than they are, Cods.   The changing climate has induced the existing drought and the existing drought has dried out the eastern seaboard of Australia.

SO THE COUNTRIES THAT ACTUALLY BURN COAL  WOULDNT STILL BE BURNING COAL  JUST NOT AUSTRALIAN.

THAT MAKES SENSE TO SOME...

No one has suggested that Australia is the only country that sells coal,  We are the largest coal mining country in the Pacific region though.  If we ceased mining it, the coal users would either seek an alternative fuel source or an alternative fuel, which would decrease the effects of climate change around the world.   You appear unable to unwilling to think this issue through.   Roll Eyes

YOU DONT GET IT AT ALL 

ITS THE COUNTRIES THAT BURN COAL  THAT CAUSE THE MAIN PROBLEM......NOT THOSE THAT DIG IT UP...

HOW ABOUT YOU AND GRETA ATTACK THE REAL CULPRITS.... WE ALL KNOW IF AUSTRALIA STOPS DIGGING UP COAL  IT WILL CRIPPLE OUR ECONOMY AND AFFECT EVERYONE OF US..........YET THE REAL CULPRITS AS YOU AND GRETA SEE THEM    WILL STILL BE LEADING THEIR LIVES OF RILEY...AND WE NEVER HEAR A WORD ABOUT THEM ... CERTAINLY NO PROTESTERS BURNING CHINESE FLAGS..

WHEN YOU START A PROTEST AND BURN CHINESE FLAGS   DOWN AT THE CHINESE EMBASSY LET ME KNOW BRI  I WILL BE THERE TO FILM IT IN LIVING COLOUR.. Wink Wink

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #92 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:43am

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:35am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 7:19pm:

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

Quote:
Unlike you, I accept that some people, even the people who I dislike in a particular role might well be quite brave in another role.   Tone has proved himself to be a good man as a fire fighter

RIGHT THERE...

Quote:

I have never claimed that you, personally ever denied Climate Change, Cods.  :Smiley

just hints   I get it..
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:

Quote:

SO THE COUNTRIES THAT ACTUALLY BURN COAL  WOULDNT STILL BE BURNING COAL  JUST NOT AUSTRALIAN.

THAT MAKES SENSE TO SOME...

YOU DONT GET IT AT ALL 

ITS THE COUNTRIES THAT BURN COAL  THAT CAUSE THE MAIN PROBLEM......NOT THOSE THAT DIG IT UP...

HOW ABOUT YOU AND GRETA ATTACK THE REAL CULPRITS.... WE ALL KNOW IF AUSTRALIA STOPS DIGGING UP COAL  IT WILL CRIPPLE OUR ECONOMY AND AFFECT EVERYONE OF US..........YET THE REAL CULPRITS AS YOU AND GRETA SEE THEM    WILL STILL BE LEADING THEIR LIVES OF RILEY...AND WE NEVER HEAR A WORD ABOUT THEM ... CERTAINLY NO PROTESTERS BURNING CHINESE FLAGS..

WHEN YOU START A PROTEST AND BURN CHINESE FLAGS   DOWN AT THE CHINESE EMBASSY LET ME KNOW BRI  I WILL BE THERE TO FILM IT IN LIVING COLOUR.. Wink Wink

https://theconversation.com/why-does-the-carmichael-coal-mine-need-to-use-so-muc...

Goes the same for all coal mines though. They use billions of litres a day just to mine the coal.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:03am

what does that have to do with CLIMATE CHANGE?..

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #94 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:18am

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:03am:

Are you asking me?

I was pointing out that you were wrong about the coal.

It has to do with climate change because they are taking all our groundwater.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:45am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:18am:

Are you asking me?

Spot

i dont seriously think you read your own links..

Quote:
What are the environmental effects of industrial-scale water usage on the basin?

Despite a net yearly decrease of 286,000ML in the water stored within the Great Artesian Basin, it is in no danger of running dry. The past 120 years of exploitation have used up less than 0.1% of the water stored.

they are BURNING NOTHING>>

when are you going to criticised the countries that BUY our coal and BURN IT>. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

or is it safer to put all the blame on Australia???

because it sure as hell looks that way!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #96 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:56am

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:45am:

Are you asking me?

Spot

Quote:
What are the environmental effects of industrial-scale water usage on the basin?

Despite a net yearly decrease of 286,000ML in the water stored within the Great Artesian Basin, it is in no danger of running dry. The past 120 years of exploitation have used up less than 0.1% of the water stored.

when are you going to criticised the countries that BUY our coal and BURN IT>. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

You are right i didnt read it. I dont feel like reading it all again. I just took the first link i saw.

Quote:
According to the US Department of Energy, total water used for coal mining in the United States (including water use for coal washing and cooling of drilling equipment) ranges from 70 million to 260 million gallons a day.

Research it yourself. My point is they are using the water.

Im not blaming australia for anything. Its foreign companies taking our groundwater.

burning coal isnt as detrimental for australia as taking all the water.

Obviously i chose a bad link before - it was lies prolly by a coal company itself.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:36am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:56am:
cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:45am:

Are you asking me?

Spot

Quote:

You are right i didnt read it. I dont feel like reading it all again. I just took the first link i saw.

good for you
Quote:
According to the US Department of Energy, total water used for coal mining in the United States (including water use for coal washing and cooling of drilling equipment) ranges from 70 million to 260 million gallons a day.

Research it yourself. My point is they are using the water.

Im not blaming australia for anything. Its foreign companies taking our groundwater.

burning coal isnt as detrimental for australia as taking all the water.

Obviously i chose a bad link before - it was lies prolly by a coal company itself.

Spot

spot look at the demonstration we are having even today    yes they do BLAME AUSTRALIA>>.

now the fires are here we are getting told its our reward  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes... so we may as well be burning the coal...

I would go along with these group protestors... if they protested about CHINA AND INDIA...at the same time..

but they dont  havent you noticed that?? I have yet to hear greta comment on them...and she has a bigger stage.....thats without talking oil producing countries.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes who also never get a mention...

where is the level playing field  in all that???

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #98 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 12:51pm

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:35am:
YOU DONT GET IT AT ALL 

Cods, part of weaning a country off the excessive use of fossil fuels is not selling them the fossil fuels which feed their addiction.

I have no intention to burn anyone's flag, not even the Australian one, despite what you appear to believe.  If you want to film yourself burning the PRC's flag outside the PRC's embassy, go for it, I won't stop you.   Indeed, I look forward to you actively playing a role just as Scotty from Marketing has suggested his government will in reducing climate change.

Now, I fear this thread needs closing as it has started well and truly collapsing into personal abuse from all sides.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print