Re: why NOW
Reply #91 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:35am

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 7:19pm:
cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 5:09pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:32pm:
cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:05pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:55pm:
cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:45pm:
well a pat on the back at times like this  is maybe all they will get...I dont know what you have done or are able to do  right now to help.. I am not in a great position to do much  other than say thanks...and cheer them on...

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

Why would it offend me, Cods?   Yes, a pat on the back is all they will be likely to receive.  Unlike some overseas militaries, medals are not awarded for national emergencies downunder.   Roll Eyes

wont it get up your nose if Abbott gets a medal... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I am sure a few medals will be out there and rightly so...would I put myself in the  line of fire.. NO  and I bet you wouldnt either.. 

If Tone gets a medal, I don't doubt he'll deserve it, Cods.  [highligh[/highlight]roved himself to be a good man as a fire fighter but he still remains one of Australia's worst Prime Ministers,  He denied Climate Change and now the people of Australia are paying the price.  Roll Eyes :Wink

really WHERE HAVE I EVER CRITICISED A MEDAL??

Where did I suggest you had, Cods?  Please reread what I said.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
Unlike you, I accept that some people, even the people who I dislike in a particular role might well be quite brave in another role.   Tone has proved himself to be a good man as a fire fighter

RIGHT THERE...

Quote:
he didnt deny CLIMATE CHANGE neither do I... its just the reasons for it we havent been sold on....

Since being deposed as PM has has openly denied Climate Change, Cods.  He didn't arrive at that viewpoint overnight.

I have never claimed that you, personally ever denied Climate Change, Cods.  :Smiley

just hints   I get it..
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
tell me! someone cant think where suggested we "deniers" as you call us are the reason for these fires.

I am wondering if we all suddenly said YES HUMANS ARE RESPONSIBLE    would that reverse CLIMATE CHANGE??????

It might start humanity down the track to reversing it, Cods.  As the ancient Chinese proverb suggests, "the journey of a thousand li starts with the first step."  Stop denying that Global Warming/Climate Change exists and we might be able to take that first step.   The Denialists are still squabbling whether to use their their Left or Right foot to step off IMHO,

Quote:
if we stopped selling coal  lets say back in gillards time...  what effect would that have on this?  would you believe we wouldnt be having these fires????

btw Australia isnt the only country that sells coal..

If we had stopped selling coal under Guillard, these fires would in all likelihood be of a lower intensity than they are, Cods.   The changing climate has induced the existing drought and the existing drought has dried out the eastern seaboard of Australia.

SO THE COUNTRIES THAT ACTUALLY BURN COAL  WOULDNT STILL BE BURNING COAL  JUST NOT AUSTRALIAN.

THAT MAKES SENSE TO SOME...

No one has suggested that Australia is the only country that sells coal,  We are the largest coal mining country in the Pacific region though.  If we ceased mining it, the coal users would either seek an alternative fuel source or an alternative fuel, which would decrease the effects of climate change around the world.   You appear unable to unwilling to think this issue through.   Roll Eyes

YOU DONT GET IT AT ALL 

ITS THE COUNTRIES THAT BURN COAL  THAT CAUSE THE MAIN PROBLEM......NOT THOSE THAT DIG IT UP...

HOW ABOUT YOU AND GRETA ATTACK THE REAL CULPRITS.... WE ALL KNOW IF AUSTRALIA STOPS DIGGING UP COAL  IT WILL CRIPPLE OUR ECONOMY AND AFFECT EVERYONE OF US..........YET THE REAL CULPRITS AS YOU AND GRETA SEE THEM    WILL STILL BE LEADING THEIR LIVES OF RILEY...AND WE NEVER HEAR A WORD ABOUT THEM ... CERTAINLY NO PROTESTERS BURNING CHINESE FLAGS..

WHEN YOU START A PROTEST AND BURN CHINESE FLAGS   DOWN AT THE CHINESE EMBASSY LET ME KNOW BRI  I WILL BE THERE TO FILM IT IN LIVING COLOUR.. Wink Wink

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #92 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:43am

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:35am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 7:19pm:
cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 5:09pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:32pm:
cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:05pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:55pm:
cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:45pm:
well a pat on the back at times like this  is maybe all they will get...I dont know what you have done or are able to do  right now to help.. I am not in a great position to do much  other than say thanks...and cheer them on...

does that offend you??..

I am curious!

Why would it offend me, Cods?   Yes, a pat on the back is all they will be likely to receive.  Unlike some overseas militaries, medals are not awarded for national emergencies downunder.   Roll Eyes

wont it get up your nose if Abbott gets a medal... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I am sure a few medals will be out there and rightly so...would I put myself in the  line of fire.. NO  and I bet you wouldnt either.. 

If Tone gets a medal, I don't doubt he'll deserve it, Cods.  [highligh[/highlight]roved himself to be a good man as a fire fighter but he still remains one of Australia's worst Prime Ministers,  He denied Climate Change and now the people of Australia are paying the price.  Roll Eyes :Wink

really WHERE HAVE I EVER CRITICISED A MEDAL??

Where did I suggest you had, Cods?  Please reread what I said.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
Unlike you, I accept that some people, even the people who I dislike in a particular role might well be quite brave in another role.   Tone has proved himself to be a good man as a fire fighter

RIGHT THERE...

Quote:
he didnt deny CLIMATE CHANGE neither do I... its just the reasons for it we havent been sold on....

Since being deposed as PM has has openly denied Climate Change, Cods.  He didn't arrive at that viewpoint overnight.

I have never claimed that you, personally ever denied Climate Change, Cods.  :Smiley

just hints   I get it..
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
tell me! someone cant think where suggested we "deniers" as you call us are the reason for these fires.

I am wondering if we all suddenly said YES HUMANS ARE RESPONSIBLE    would that reverse CLIMATE CHANGE??????

It might start humanity down the track to reversing it, Cods.  As the ancient Chinese proverb suggests, "the journey of a thousand li starts with the first step."  Stop denying that Global Warming/Climate Change exists and we might be able to take that first step.   The Denialists are still squabbling whether to use their their Left or Right foot to step off IMHO,

Quote:
if we stopped selling coal  lets say back in gillards time...  what effect would that have on this?  would you believe we wouldnt be having these fires????

btw Australia isnt the only country that sells coal..

If we had stopped selling coal under Guillard, these fires would in all likelihood be of a lower intensity than they are, Cods.   The changing climate has induced the existing drought and the existing drought has dried out the eastern seaboard of Australia.

SO THE COUNTRIES THAT ACTUALLY BURN COAL  WOULDNT STILL BE BURNING COAL  JUST NOT AUSTRALIAN.

THAT MAKES SENSE TO SOME...

No one has suggested that Australia is the only country that sells coal,  We are the largest coal mining country in the Pacific region though.  If we ceased mining it, the coal users would either seek an alternative fuel source or an alternative fuel, which would decrease the effects of climate change around the world.   You appear unable to unwilling to think this issue through.   Roll Eyes

YOU DONT GET IT AT ALL 

ITS THE COUNTRIES THAT BURN COAL  THAT CAUSE THE MAIN PROBLEM......NOT THOSE THAT DIG IT UP...

HOW ABOUT YOU AND GRETA ATTACK THE REAL CULPRITS.... WE ALL KNOW IF AUSTRALIA STOPS DIGGING UP COAL  IT WILL CRIPPLE OUR ECONOMY AND AFFECT EVERYONE OF US..........YET THE REAL CULPRITS AS YOU AND GRETA SEE THEM    WILL STILL BE LEADING THEIR LIVES OF RILEY...AND WE NEVER HEAR A WORD ABOUT THEM ... CERTAINLY NO PROTESTERS BURNING CHINESE FLAGS..

WHEN YOU START A PROTEST AND BURN CHINESE FLAGS   DOWN AT THE CHINESE EMBASSY LET ME KNOW BRI  I WILL BE THERE TO FILM IT IN LIVING COLOUR.. Wink Wink

https://theconversation.com/why-does-the-carmichael-coal-mine-need-to-use-so-muc...

Goes the same for all coal mines though. They use billions of litres a day just to mine the coal.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:03am

what does that have to do with CLIMATE CHANGE?..

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #94 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:18am

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:03am:

Are you asking me?

I was pointing out that you were wrong about the coal.

It has to do with climate change because they are taking all our groundwater.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:45am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:18am:

Are you asking me?

Spot

i dont seriously think you read your own links..

Quote:
What are the environmental effects of industrial-scale water usage on the basin?

Despite a net yearly decrease of 286,000ML in the water stored within the Great Artesian Basin, it is in no danger of running dry. The past 120 years of exploitation have used up less than 0.1% of the water stored.

they are BURNING NOTHING>>

when are you going to criticised the countries that BUY our coal and BURN IT>. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

or is it safer to put all the blame on Australia???

because it sure as hell looks that way!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #96 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:56am

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:45am:

Are you asking me?

Spot

Quote:
What are the environmental effects of industrial-scale water usage on the basin?

Despite a net yearly decrease of 286,000ML in the water stored within the Great Artesian Basin, it is in no danger of running dry. The past 120 years of exploitation have used up less than 0.1% of the water stored.

when are you going to criticised the countries that BUY our coal and BURN IT>. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

You are right i didnt read it. I dont feel like reading it all again. I just took the first link i saw.

Quote:
According to the US Department of Energy, total water used for coal mining in the United States (including water use for coal washing and cooling of drilling equipment) ranges from 70 million to 260 million gallons a day.

Research it yourself. My point is they are using the water.

Im not blaming australia for anything. Its foreign companies taking our groundwater.

burning coal isnt as detrimental for australia as taking all the water.

Obviously i chose a bad link before - it was lies prolly by a coal company itself.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 9:36am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:56am:
cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 8:45am:

Are you asking me?

Spot

Quote:

You are right i didnt read it. I dont feel like reading it all again. I just took the first link i saw.

good for you
Quote:
According to the US Department of Energy, total water used for coal mining in the United States (including water use for coal washing and cooling of drilling equipment) ranges from 70 million to 260 million gallons a day.

Research it yourself. My point is they are using the water.

Im not blaming australia for anything. Its foreign companies taking our groundwater.

burning coal isnt as detrimental for australia as taking all the water.

Obviously i chose a bad link before - it was lies prolly by a coal company itself.

Spot

spot look at the demonstration we are having even today    yes they do BLAME AUSTRALIA>>.

now the fires are here we are getting told its our reward  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes... so we may as well be burning the coal...

I would go along with these group protestors... if they protested about CHINA AND INDIA...at the same time..

but they dont  havent you noticed that?? I have yet to hear greta comment on them...and she has a bigger stage.....thats without talking oil producing countries.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes who also never get a mention...

where is the level playing field  in all that???

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #98 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 12:51pm

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 6:35am:
YOU DONT GET IT AT ALL 

Cods, part of weaning a country off the excessive use of fossil fuels is not selling them the fossil fuels which feed their addiction.

I have no intention to burn anyone's flag, not even the Australian one, despite what you appear to believe.  If you want to film yourself burning the PRC's flag outside the PRC's embassy, go for it, I won't stop you.   Indeed, I look forward to you actively playing a role just as Scotty from Marketing has suggested his government will in reducing climate change.

Now, I fear this thread needs closing as it has started well and truly collapsing into personal abuse from all sides.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print