Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Climate expert gets schooled in debate by skeptic (Read 2499 times)
Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Climate expert gets schooled in debate by skeptic
Dec 27th, 2019 at 9:33pm

Just kidding! This has never happened because the proponents of alternative theories on why the climate is changing which don't involve AGW are either unqualified scammers who know they will get their ass handed to them if they debate someone outside the idiot sphere echo chamber, or qualified researchers who know their theories lack the evidence to stand as credible alternate explanations.
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2019 at 9:39pm by Pho Huc »  

The law locks up the man who steals the goose from the common, but leaves the greater criminal loose who steals the common from the goose (convict saying)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Climate expert gets schooled in debate by skeptic
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 9:39pm

Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 9:45pm

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:04pm

Pho Huc wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 9:33pm:
Just kidding! This has never happened because the proponents of alternative theories on why the climate is changing which don't involve AGW are either unqualified scammers who know they will get their ass handed to them if they debate someone outside the idiot sphere echo chamber, or qualified researchers who know their theories lack the evidence to stand as credible alternate explanations.

The Pigs from Animal Farm have spoken.  NO alternative view of the world is permitted. Any disagreement is treason.

Well, you are all losers. There is no future in being blinkered enforcers of totalitarian climate dogma. 

Go an protest at he Chinese embassy in Canberra if you are really serious about CO2. You won't because you aren't.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:18pm

@ Reply #3,

Good post/reasoned response, to 'argument' in OP, Frank.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:20pm

That must be why they refuse to debate with sceptics. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:30pm

"NASA climate scientist Gavin Schmidt refused to debate Roy Spencer, a skeptic climatologist at the University of Alabama-Huntsville, on Fox Business in 2013. Schmidt came on the show, but would not appear on TV simultaneously with Spencer."

https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/27/climate-alarmists-global-warming/

Smiley

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #7 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:31pm

Frank wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:04pm:
Pho Huc wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 9:33pm:

The Pigs from Animal Farm have spoken.  NO alternative view of the world is permitted. Any disagreement is treason.

Alternative theories are welcome, Just don't expect them to be given equivalency until they have equivalent probability based on evidence..

The law locks up the man who steals the goose from the common, but leaves the greater criminal loose who steals the common from the goose (convict saying)

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:32pm

Pho Huc wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:31pm:
Just don't expect them to be given equivalency until they have equivalent probability based on evidence..

You mean unlike CO2 theory. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #9 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:35pm

lee wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:20pm:

Nice work, I was a little worried you would actually be able to drag one up from somewhere. Bonus points for trying to spin the lack of debate into somehow supporting your position. BTW... Want some easy money? Happy to put some coin on the line on this topic. I think that the planet will be noticeably warmer in ten years than now. Happy to put some cash in Escrow to match any skeptics funds. If the planet warms in line with what the models predict, I keep the cash. If the temp drops or go sideways you keep it. Easy money right? unless you know your talking poo and don't want to put your money where you mouth is

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #10 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:37pm

Im guessing most of the skeptics here ain't raking it in (despite their enlightened world views) But im happy to go 40-50k in the tin if anyone wants to stand behind their opinions. If your only happy talking hunnies, thats fine. But I bet people who talk big don't have the confidence to actually put some skin in the game.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:44pm

Pho Huc wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:35pm:

Nice work, I was a little worried you would actually be able to drag one up from somewhere. Bonus points for trying to spin the lack of debate into somehow supporting your position. BTW... Want some easy money? Happy to put some coin on the line on this topic. I think that the planet will be noticeably warmer in ten years than now. Happy to put some cash in Escrow to match any skeptics funds. If the planet warms in line with what the models predict, I keep the cash. If the temp drops or go sideways you keep it. Easy money right? unless you know your talking poo and don't want to put your money where you mouth is

Where do I place my bet?

The planet has not warmed in line of predictions so far.  If 'scientists'  (statisticians and computer modelers) were incorrect in the lat 40+ years with their models and predictions, what makes current (and very soon to be outdated) modelling and predictions correct and reliable?

There is FAR too much partisan bollocks masquerading as 'scientific prediction'.

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #12 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 11:08pm

Frank wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:44pm:

Where do I place my bet?

The planet has not warmed in line of predictions so far.  If 'scientists'  (statisticians and computer modelers) were incorrect in the lat 40+ years with their models and predictions, what makes current (and very soon to be outdated) modelling and predictions correct and reliable?

There is FAR too much partisan bollocks masquerading as 'scientific prediction'.

PM sent.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 11:10pm

Pho Huc wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 11:08pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:44pm:

Where do I place my bet?

PM sent.

Ta.
Who decides? How?

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 28th, 2019 at 6:11am

lee wrote on Dec 27th, 2019 at 10:30pm:
"NASA climate scientist Gavin Schmidt refused to debate Roy Spencer, a skeptic climatologist at the University of Alabama-Huntsville, on Fox Business in 2013. Schmidt came on the show, but would not appear on TV simultaneously with Spencer."

https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/27/climate-alarmists-global-warming/

Smiley

Spencer is an advisor to the Cornwall Alliance, formerly the Interfaith Steward Alliance (ISA), an evangelical Christian group that claims environmentalism is “one of the greatest threats to society and the church today.” He has done work with other religious groups denying climate change including the Evangelical Climate Initiative. [2], [3], [4]

According to “Global Warming 101,” a section of Spencer's website, “the extra carbon dioxide we pump into the atmosphere is not enough to cause the observed warming in the last 100 years.” [5]

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print