Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print
Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 (Read 13357 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: Posse Comitatus Act of 1878
Reply #195 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 1:01am

No one says you have to own a gun or even resist criminals, we choose a different way than you.

“1 – Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it’s time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21.

2 – If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry, USA.

3 – The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.

4 – Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you’d know it.

5 – When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle

6 – The NRA murders 0 people and receives $0 in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

7 – I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we’re at it, let’s do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D and candidates running for office.

8 – You don’t need a smoke detector; that’s what the fire department is for. Now… if you think that sounds stupid, you know how I feel when you say I don’t need a gun.

9 – Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has safe spaces, crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. Now tell me, how do you think that’s going to end?”

In reference to number one, twice distracted women on their phones hit us last year causing serious damage to the family car. No one threatened us with a gun, clearly the problem isn't the gun it is the person.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #196 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 7:16am

Mortdooley wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 1:01am:
No one says you have to own a gun or even resist criminals, we choose a different way than you.

“1 – Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it’s time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21.

3 – The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.

4 – Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you’d know it.

6 – The NRA murders 0 people and receives $0 in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

7 – I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we’re at it, let’s do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D and candidates running for office.

8 – You don’t need a smoke detector; that’s what the fire department is for. Now… if you think that sounds stupid, you know how I feel when you say I don’t need a gun.

9 – Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has safe spaces, crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. Now tell me, how do you think that’s going to end?”

In reference to number one, twice distracted women on their phones hit us last year causing serious damage to the family car. No one threatened us with a gun, clearly the problem isn't the gun it is the person.

Good post Mort

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #197 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:46am

SPOT ON MORT!!

I can hear the Leftists all grumblin' & whingin' now......
"Facts, DAMN FACTS"!!!...

« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:52am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #198 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 10:00am

Quote:
The NRA murders 0 people and receives $0 in government funds.

The NRA is in a load of trouble over hundreds of millions of dollars being misused and misappropriated. They may lose their tax free status not that they ever should have had it.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #199 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 10:02am

Panther wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:46am:

SPOT ON MORT!!
  http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/BullsEye_Right.gif

You really want to encourage such stupidity ?

Hey Mort doesn't need a smoke detector - He will be crispy when the fire brigade get there.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #200 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 10:11am

2016:

Quote:
263 teens (age 15 to 19) were killed as a result of distracted driving in 2016.

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-accident/cause-of-accident/cell-phone/cell-phone...

263 / 365 = 0.72

That is from any distraction not just mobile phone.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #201 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:46pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #202 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 3:49pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 9:03pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:42pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 6:39pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 5:27pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 2:41pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 1:41pm:
Panther wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 1:05pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Jan 1st, 2020 at 11:19am:
Clearly you can't grasp the concept of the purpose for the electoral college. To make it as simple as possible, it was one of the conditions before smaller States would join the newly formed United States.

Australia's Political System is:

A Federal Parliamentary Democracy Constitutional Monarchy

America's Political System is:

Constitutional Republic

The Electoral College is but one of many examples of the difference between a Democracy, where the Laws are made by a majority, leaving the Rights of the minority largely unprotected, & a Republic, where a Constitution protects the Rights of all the people from the will & dominance of a controlling majority.

Australia, by your own admission also has a constitution.   Therefore, your attempt to claim otherwise is based on bullshit, Panther.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Panther is not claiming we don't have a constitution numpty. But our system is a Parliamentary Democracy via a constitution approved by the British parliament with the monarch as head of state. However it is not a "Constitutional Monarchy" as Panther described it, easy mistake to make just as we make mistakes when discussing the Constitution and the electoral system of the United States

Our Constitution was created by Australians and was OK'ed by Australian voters.  So, you're claim is false.  We are effectively a "constitutional monarchy", with a foreign monarch who is absent and represented by her Governor-General whom is appointed by the Government of Australia.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

All sorts of names can be bandied around but I have no interest in them because I want Australia to become independent from old mother England and a brand new constitution drafted for Australia. What I would like is a Constitutional Republic which frees Aussies which means all of our existing draconian laws will have to be abandoned - an end to the Lib/Lab dictatorial psycho sociopaths 

You really are a dreamer, aren't you?  Your desires will never happen.   Australia has been fully independent from the UK since 1986 when the Australia Act was passed which severed all the remaining ties between the UK and Australia.  Look it up.  Roll Eyes

Not completely, you better read it again

"That constitution was (and still is) contained in a British statute"

"the Queen could still exercise any of her powers with respect to the State if she was "personally present" in the State."

Now, tell us why you want an Australian as our Head of State if we are totally independent of the UK ?

The method of seleciton of the Governor-General is executed by the Australian Government.  The Australian Government approves the appointment.  All that is required is an "OK" from Buck house.  I want to see that "OK" no longer needed. 

Yes, it is time we took responsibility for our HoS.   However, that "OK" has been proved to be only a perfunctory matter for the most part.  Look up Isaac Isaacs for the first time the Australian Government asserted it's independence.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #203 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 12:33am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 10:02am:
Panther wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:46am:

SPOT ON MORT!!
  http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/BullsEye_Right.gif

You really want to encourage such stupidity ?

Hey Mort doesn't need a smoke detector - He will be crispy when the fire brigade get there.

I see you have a reading comprehending problem. I have smoke detectors as well as dry powder fire extinguishers handy. It would be you who doesn't need a smoke detector since it is the job of the fire department to put out your fires. How much of your home would burn while you wait for them to arrive. When seconds count the fire department is minutes away!

I disagree with the first part of no. 7, vigorous background checks for firearms are futile. We have massive drug abuse and no amount of prohibition on illegal drugs seems to reduce the flow. They couldn't be more illegal and they seem to be readily available to all that use them.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #204 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 12:19pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Vangard

Australian Politics +

Reply #205 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 10:44am

National Guardsman:
"We will not comply" if ordered by Virginia governor to arrest police, confiscate guns

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/national-guardsman-we-will-not-comply-if-ord...

Quote:
The purpose of the act is to limit the military branches from enforcing laws against US. citizens.

The Sheriffs, and Local Law Enforcement have put the Virginia Governor on notice that they will not enforce an obviously unconstitutional law. Now the National Guard, who have also taken an oath to uphold the US Constitution, are also putting the Virginia Governor on notice that they will also disobey unconstitutional and illegal orders to enforce the new State Gun Laws upon American Citizens as per the PCA and their oaths to protect and defend the US Constitution.

The Virginia Governor will just have to do the enforcement himself.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #206 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 10:48am

American Military/Politics:

"We stand by the Constitutional Right of the American People to put a Gun to their Heads."

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #207 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 10:51am

USA Policeman & Soldier watch a Civilian carry a Gun.
The Civilian has a few options.
To shoot themselves with it.
To shoot other civilians with it - which would force the Policeman to shoot them.
To aim it at the Soldier who will shoot him.

Yep - its all about being 'Right'.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #208 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 10:56am

Jasin wrote on Jan 19th, 2020 at 10:48am:
American Military/Politics:

"We stand by the Constitutional Right of the American People to put a Gun to their Heads."

or
just blow holes in each other..

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #209 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 11:07am

If you need to have a gun to be equal your society is broken.

Unless of course, you're advocating that women shoot men who don't take no for an answer, or possible employers because they found out she was a mother and chose the single man for the job instead.

Actually, the society is still broken in that case too.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print