Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Greta Thunberg Lashes Australian Politicians (Read 1531 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Greta Thunberg Lashes Australian Politicians
Reply #30 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 12:44pm

One of my mates has a son who has some of the same psychological issues as Greta. He's on the spectrum and also has OCD.

When he was about 6 or 7 we were all on a camping trip and looking up at the stars and just talking about all stuff space and were discussing how asteroids hit the earth and caused mass extinctions. For the rest of the camping trip and in fact the next few years he fixated on an asteroid hitting the earth and wiping us all out. This was all a prelude to his formal diagnosis and prior to that he was just a difficult kid.

Greta began to fixate on climate change from about age 8.

Sorry but no 8 year old can fully understand the science of climate change and it's only because what she chose to fixate on is a hot button issue for her left leaning parents, she was encouraged to fixate on the issue.

She was told climate change would destroy and became fixated on that message, just like my mates kid who used to wet himself at the thought of an asteroid hitting the earth.

IBI

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 12:51pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 12:44pm:
One of my mates has a son who has some of the same psychological issues as Greta. He's on the spectrum and also has OCD.

When he was about 6 or 7 we were all on a camping trip and looking up at the stars and just talking about all stuff space and were discussing how asteroids hit the earth and caused mass extinctions. For the rest of the camping trip and in fact the next few years he fixated on an asteroid hitting the earth and wiping us all out. This was all a prelude to his formal diagnosis and prior to that he was just a difficult kid.

Greta began to fixate on climate change from about age 8.

Sorry but no 8 year old can fully understand the science of climate change and it's only because what she chose to fixate on is a hot button issue for her left leaning parents, she was encouraged to fixate on the issue.

She was told climate change would destroy and became fixated on that message, just like my mates kid who used to wet himself at the thought of an asteroid hitting the earth.

Same old denial shite.  Getting old mate.

Greta has repeatedly said that we should not listen to her, but listen to scientists.  She said in in the US Congress as well.

But denialist spinning dumb kunts like you, choose to ignore that, because it does not suit your aims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=9h0tB0RrqQA&feature=emb_logo

Nice made up BS story about your mates son though.  How can we believe anything you say?   You have no credibility here.

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #32 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:00pm

Sorry bro, the story of my mates son is true. We were camping at Minnie Waters near Grafton.

As I've said 1000 times, I agree with the scientists and want to get off fossil fuels (hopefully to nuclear power) yet no scientist with any credibility have foretold the end of the world, as Greta has. She's fixated on single issue.

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[21] Three years later, she became depressed, lethargic, and stopped talking as well as eating, and eventually was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg#Education_and_early_life

IBI

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:13pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:00pm:
Sorry bro, the story of my mates son is true. We were camping at Minnie Waters near Grafton.

As I've said 1000 times, I agree with the scientists and want to get off fossil fuels (hopefully to nuclear power) yet no scientist with any credibility have foretold the end of the world, as Greta has. She's fixated on single issue.

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[21] Three years later, she became depressed, lethargic, and stopped talking as well as eating, and eventually was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism

Ah, the caravan park where the locals still burn coal in their stoves?

Your story has no relavance.  It does not matter what characteristics Grete has.  It's what she says that has stirred the old white guys and fossil fuel merchants.

Analysing her is a tactic, a straw man, that is all.  Interesting that someone telling it like it is, is now an exception so rare that ...

joker.png (125 KB | 5 )
joker.png

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:14pm

random wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:13pm:
It's what she says that has stirred the old white guys and fossil fuel merchants.

So the truth doesn't matter; just what she says. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Give us some more wiki as rebuttal. Wink

Or you could get her to discuss phase change in H2O in the atmosphere. Or perhaps that Water Vapour is the greatest GHG. Wink

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:18pm

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:21pm

That's a nice likeness of you. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:27pm

Climate Change Expands the Terrorist Threat

Terrorists take advantage of disruptions in fragile states – and these include water and food shortages associated with climate change. “From Afghanistan and Iraq to Somalia and Yemen, terrorist groups are pushing false narratives that they, not cash-strapped central governments, are leading campaigns against deforestation, water scarcity, crop failures and other environmental issues ravaging local communities across Africa and Asia,” reports Austin Bodetti. “While developing countries produce few greenhouse gases, they have the most to lose to the greenhouse effect, and militants are highlighting this disparity.” Osama bin Laden, organizer of the 9/11 attacks who was killed in 2011, relied on environmental issues in his propaganda. The Taliban, the Islamic State and Al Shabaab have expanded the effort, using the West's failure to act on climate change for recruitment purposes. In reality, the groups finance terrorist activities with illegal logging, oil operations, poaching and other acts of environmental degradation. Bodetti urges developed nations to counter the sham narratives and assist fragile states in preparing for climate change. – YaleGlobal

https://yaleglobal.yale.edu/content/climate-change-expands-terrorist-threat

Still we have posters here supporting destabilisation of countries by denying the link between fossil fuel CO2 and Climate change.  They are supporting terrorists.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #38 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:28pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:00pm:

Your story has no relavance.  It does not matter what characteristics Grete has.  It's what she says that has stirred the old white guys and fossil fuel merchants.

Analysing her is a tactic, a straw man, that is all.  Interesting that someone telling it like it is, is now an exception so rare that ...

No the bush campground which usually has a total fire ban, because it's in the middle of the bush Wink.

Once again because this seems REALLY hard for you to comprehend.
I 100% believe in AGW and disagree with Scott Morrison on what should be done.

We need massive Govt investment in Nuclear and Hydrogen power. Solar also has it's place but the backbone of our power supply needs to be nukes which can also supply the massive power needs that hydrogen requires.

What I don't agree with Greta (well actually her PR team) is her fixation there will be a world ending catastrophe.

IBI

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:40pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:28pm:
[quote author=Gordon link=1577090864/32#32 date=1577156412]

No the bush campground which usually has a total fire ban, because it's in the middle of the bush Wink.

We need massive Govt investment in Nuclear and Hydrogen power. Solar also has it's place but the backbone of our power supply needs to be nukes which can also supply the massive power needs that hydrogen requires.

What I don't agree with Greta (well actually her PR team) is her fixation there will be a world ending catastrophe.

Maybe you should read the news. 

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #40 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:43pm

random wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 1:40pm:
[quote author=Gordon link=1577090864/32#32 date=1577156412]

Maybe you should read the news. 

Link to news or scientific studies that the world is ending ?

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 2:56pm

[quote author=Gordon link=1577090864/32#32 date=1577156412]Sorry bro, the story of my mates son is true. We were camping at Minnie Waters near Grafton.

What I don't agree with Greta (well actually her PR team) is her fixation there will be a world ending cata

HUHUMMMMMMMMMMM

ALBO agrees with him.. Sad

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print