Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Muslims blame white people for diseases (Read 16568 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslims blame white people for diseases
Reply #45 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 11:45am

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 4th, 2020 at 11:34am:
And you simply refuse to acknowledge what the vague and culturally emotive term 'pillage' actually involved in this case. And you especially refuse to acknowledge the most relevant point in this discussion - that this particular act of "pillaging" cannot and should not be morally equated to what the European colonists did when they conducted the greatest rape and pillage orgy the world has ever seen.

And so you resort to semantic games, as is your wont. You only do this because you have nothing left to defend your pathetic spineless apologising of the world's greatest ever rape and pillage festival.

Muhammad robbed caravans during a war. This is what it is. The title you give this practice - whether its 'robbing caravans' or 'pillaging' or spongebob squarepants doesn't actually change that. Of course you prefer the emotive term "pillage" because it is vague and emotive and conceals what it actually involves. And with the added bonus you get to conflate it with things like ransacking entire towns and villages and slaughtering all the inhabitants - which believe it or not are also sometimes fobbed off as "pillaging".

Muslims sure pillaged though. If religion didn't stop Islamic  technological advancement they would have built boats and went on a worldwide pillage in a minute.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #46 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:07pm

freediver wrote on Jan 4th, 2020 at 11:44am:
You denied that Muhammad raped in pillaged. Was that an attempt to redefine rape and pillage?

Quote:
Muhammad robbed caravans during a war.

Doesn't rape and pillage usually happen in the context of war?

Also, what war? The only war going on was Muhammad killing Meccan traders to pillage their goods, which he kept up until war became inevitable.

This is FD still insisting that forceful eviction, confiscation of property and attempted assassination is not an act of war.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:12pm

I agree that Muslims always interpret their victimhood as an act of war, hence the Islamic terrorism problem. Perhaps you aren't so different to Abu after all (don't worry, you are still not identical). The reality is that Muhammad got forcefully evicted, and spent the rest of his life on a killing spree which Muslims try to justify by the eviction.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #48 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:22pm

FD can you just confirm that actual confiscation of property, foreceful eviction out of their homes and attempted assassination of their leader are not actually acts of war, but merely muslims playing the victim?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #49 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:29pm

They are not acts of war.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #50 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 5:36pm

yes they are FD.

Quote:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 5:47pm

Resisting Islam is an act of war as far as Mohammed and his sons are concerned.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #52 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 5:58pm

If Muhammad targeted a particular cultural/religious group under his control and confiscated their property, forcefully evicted them and tried to assassinate their leader - I'm positive FD wouldn't call it an act of war. Right FD?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 7:30pm

It was a feud with his own family Gandalf. There were no nation states involved on either side, and they did not come into existence until Muhammad had spent about a decade fueling conflict.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #54 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:33am

I'm pretty sure you weren't quibbling over the non-existence of nation states when you made such a noise about Muhammad threatening and forcefully evicting the first two jewish tribes, and your insistence that retaliatory actions were justified.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #55 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 11:02am

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you weren't quibbling over the non-existence of nation states when you made such a noise about Muhammad threatening and forcefully evicting the first two jewish tribes, and your insistence that retaliatory actions were justified.

That's because I was not attempting to use a "state of war" to conveniently justify human rights abuses by a religious leader.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #56 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 1:30pm

freediver wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 11:02am:
Quote:

That's because I was not attempting to use a "state of war" to conveniently justify human rights abuses by a religious leader.

Would you have justified the Banu Qaynuga robbing muslim caravans, or such after they were evicted from Medina?

It seems like you are once again resorting to desparate (and irrelevant) arguments of semantics. This seems to be a habit of yours.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 1:41pm

If my family drove me out of town, I would not use that to justify years killing people from that town to steal their stuff. I certainly wouldn't think to hold that behaviour up as a moral example to other people. Not sure why Muslims fall for something so ridiculous. I guess most of them don't have much choice.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #58 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 2:07pm

Nevermind FD - perhaps if Muhammad was intervening to end slavery all would be forgiven.

So are you now stepping back from your 'glorious resistance from the ghetto' argument you previously used to justify jewish military action against Muhammad? I think you even invoked the 'm' word to not only excuse the violence, but to argue its necessity.

Speaking of "falling for something so ridiculous" - do you still maintain that Muhammad holding up a few desert caravans with insignificant loss of life is a good moral comparison with the greatest episode of mass slaughter the world has ever seen (aka European colonisation)?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 3:33pm

Quote:
Nevermind FD - perhaps if Muhammad was intervening to end slavery all would be forgiven.

He was murdering innocent people to line his own pockets, and built a religion around it to justify it that has plagued humanity with similar acts ever since - including slavery, right up till today and no doubt into the future.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Send Topic Print