Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Muslims blame white people for diseases (Read 16463 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslims blame white people for diseases
Reply #150 - Feb 9th, 2020 at 9:09pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 9th, 2020 at 5:32pm:
Moses - I see little benefit in replying to karnal

Quote:
They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but cannot see.
They have ears, but cannot hear, nor is there breath in their mouths.

Psalm 135. 16,17

Ah, but we reply to you, Sprint. We're friends, you see.

No one is ignored. No one is on the outer. No one is excluded.

We are all one, no?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #151 - Feb 9th, 2020 at 9:11pm

I find blame muslims for islam

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #152 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 8:05pm

freediver wrote on Feb 9th, 2020 at 8:26am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 3rd, 2020 at 12:18am:
freediver wrote on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 5:40pm:
Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Jesus' teachings are incompatible with some aspects of OT doctrine - eye for an eye in particular. So obviously those parts no longer apply. However, this does not mean that it is acceptable to go and poke out your neighbour's eye, just because you might avoid losing your own. What is wrong is still wrong. We just don't start a war with the Jones' every time we think they did something wrong. Jesus' teachings brought vague concepts like compassion and forgiveness into what was previously black and white law, and it has shaped western civilisation ever since.

Perhaps, but it's a little ironic that Western civilisation really only became more compassionate and forgiving once it started to question Christian dogma from the Enlightenment on.

Crap. You are using your own ignorance as evidence.

Slavery for example came to an end in Europe with the spread of Christianity.

Christianity had no problem setting up the biggest slave trade the world had ever seen - long after it had been ditched in Europe. Do you think your selective meme about 'christianity ended slavery' hits something of a road bump when you acknowledge that for a couple of centuries global slavery actually expanded under christian rule?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #153 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 9:10pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 20th, 2020 at 8:05pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 9th, 2020 at 8:26am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 3rd, 2020 at 12:18am:
freediver wrote on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 5:40pm:
Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Jesus' teachings are incompatible with some aspects of OT doctrine - eye for an eye in particular. So obviously those parts no longer apply. However, this does not mean that it is acceptable to go and poke out your neighbour's eye, just because you might avoid losing your own. What is wrong is still wrong. We just don't start a war with the Jones' every time we think they did something wrong. Jesus' teachings brought vague concepts like compassion and forgiveness into what was previously black and white law, and it has shaped western civilisation ever since.

Perhaps, but it's a little ironic that Western civilisation really only became more compassionate and forgiving once it started to question Christian dogma from the Enlightenment on.

Crap. You are using your own ignorance as evidence.

Slavery for example came to an end in Europe with the spread of Christianity.

Christianity had no problem setting up the biggest slave trade the world had ever seen - long after it had been ditched in Europe. Do you think your selective meme about 'christianity ended slavery' hits something of a road bump when you acknowledge that for a couple of centuries global slavery actually expanded under christian rule?

How exactly did Christianity set that up?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #154 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 4:16pm

freediver wrote on Feb 20th, 2020 at 9:10pm:

Spain and all the rest of the European states that set up the greatest slave trade the world has ever seen were, by any definition of the term, 'christian' states at the time. This was well before the enlightenment

And you can't have it both ways. You can't insist that "christianity" ended slavery in Europe, while simultaneously insisting it was not responsible for its spread while devout Crhistian European monarchs were actively "christianising" the same lands that they were plundering for slaves.

Any idea what the predominant religion of Jamaica is today? 

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #156 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 5:07pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 4:16pm:

Spain and all the rest of the European states that set up the greatest slave trade the world has ever seen were, by any definition of the term, 'christian' states at the time. This was well before the enlightenment

And you can't have it both ways. You can't insist that "christianity" ended slavery in Europe, while simultaneously insisting it was not responsible for its spread while devout Crhistian European monarchs were actively "christianising" the same lands that they were plundering for slaves.

Why can't I have it both ways?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 5:51pm

Islam is not self-correcting - it cannot be.

So you 'accuse' Christianity of being as deformed as handicapped as Islam and so cannot self-correct.

As a hindu sage said, the number of Muslim lies every day is like the number of sesame seeds on your hand after dipped your hand in honey and then rolled it in a bushel of sesame seeds.

You cannot be trusted to be honest and truthful because you simply have no track record of it, sons of Mohammed. you made lying your religious tenet. Nobody trusts anything you say because you have been lying for 1400 years.

There is not one single example of self-correction in all those centuries. Islam must keep lying because it can never say it was wrong.

Unlike any other, sane creed.i

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #158 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 5:57pm

freediver wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 5:07pm:

Because you would be a hypocrite. And I just know you don't want to be one of those FD.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #159 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 6:10pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 5:57pm:

Because you would be a hypocrite. And I just know you don't want to be one of those FD.

That would only be true if my argument was as infantile as yours. It is not.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 6:14pm

Caucasians blame the Chinese for diseases.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1580609608

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #161 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 6:15pm

News flash - so do the Chinese.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #162 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 6:16pm

News flash - so do the white people.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #163 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 6:22pm

Do you hold the CCP partly responsible for the spread of the virus?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #164 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 6:59pm

freediver wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 6:10pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 5:57pm:

That would only be true if my argument was as infantile as yours. It is not.

Good point FD. You have a far more grown-up argument - that christianity "ended slavery" in Europe, not because Christian ideology was actually the driving force behind ending it, but because societies that just happened to be Christian phased them out for mainly economic reasons (your argument). Yet when those same societies, who were every bit as christian as before, set up the greatest slave trade the world has ever known - and actively spread christianity to the same societies they sourced their slaves from for good measure - then of course Christianity has nuffin to do with nuffin. 

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Send Topic Print