Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Blair Cottrell loses appeal (Read 8463 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Blair Cottrell loses appeal
Dec 19th, 2019 at 2:58pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Blair Cottrell loses appeal
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 4:26pm

GOOD  well deserved...he should have been in jail..

totally disgusting..penalty too small.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 4:52pm

Blair Cottrell Blasphemy Appeal Trial Judgement Day - WilmsFront Segment.

The Unshackled
7.38K subscribers
Editor in Chief of The Unshackled and Host of WilmsFront Tim Wilms has been in attendance at the  County Court of Victoria throughout the various stages of Blair Cottrell’s appeal trial against his 2017 blasphemy conviction.

Thursday 19th December 2019 at 10 am the judgement was delivered by Chief Judge Peter Kidd. Cottrell was once found guilty and convicted under Section 25(2) of the Victorian Racial and Religious Tolerance Act 2001 and fined $2000 for intent to incite serious contempt, revulsion or severe ridicule of Muslims.

After being scarcely present during the trial the mainstream media reporters and cameramen were present in numbers and asked Blair for comment upon exiting the court. Tim also interviewed Blair in-depth where he reflected on his legal journey and what he has planned next in terms of resuming his patriot activism.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:43pm

trump impeached, this dickheads conviction is upheld

it's a good day Cool

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:45pm

John do you also think it should be illegal to intend to incite serious contempt, revulsion or severe ridicule of Nazis?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:46pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:43pm:

it's a good day Cool

Today it's Blair - tomorrow it could be you for expressing your opinions.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:47pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:46pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:43pm:

it's a good day Cool

Today it's Blair - tomorrow it could be you for expressing your opinions.

that you're an idiot? ..........nah, can't be charged for telling the truth

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:47pm

I wonder if those pieces of trash who held up beheading posters in sydney got convicted of anything?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:50pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:47pm:
I wonder if those pieces of trash who held up beheading posters in sydney got convicted of anything?

Please watch the video - it's a very sad day when you
have a blasphemy trial in a supposed free country.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 10:55pm

Well the chinese don't care. They just lock them up in a prison or labor camp and harvest their organs or exploit them for labor Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 5:22am

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:07am

I think thats where the changes to the laws came from hammer......if they didnt break any laws when that happened.....its hard to convict... be honest mate we havent seen them since..

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:22am

cods wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:07am:

I think thats where the changes to the laws came from hammer......if they didnt break any laws when that happened.....its hard to convict... be honest mate we havent seen them since..

I'm not sure there weren't laws in place to convict her at the time codsy. They just didn't bother. As I understand it  the authorities were worried about the child's welfare . They followed up on that and had a word to the mother  and that was it. The difference here is that Cottrell is gaining support by the day as a po0litical leader while she's just some baby producer from Lakemba. If you are a nobody it means nothing. If you are challenging the establishment by going against their mass immigration agenda then all the knives come out. All anti immigration political leaders get convicted of something. It shows the political fascist times we live in.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:36am

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:22am:

I'm not sure there weren't laws in place to convict her at the time codsy. They just didn't bother. As I understand it  the authorities were worried about the child's welfare . They followed up on that and had a word to the mother  and that was it. The difference here is that Cottrell is gaining support by the day as a po0litical leader while she's just some baby producer from Lakemba. If you are a nobody it means nothing. If you are challenging the establishment by going against their mass immigration agenda then all the knives come out. All anti immigration political leaders get convicted of something. It shows the political fascist times we live in.

cotterell claims he is broke and only has the suit he stands up in   he also has a conviction... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

so I hope with hi lousy attitude he never get anywhere near govt....

I am sorry to see you favour his kind of actions.....in which case I can only believe you would like to see the Cut their Heads off...placards back in the headlines....

you have one  you have to have the other... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:50am

cods wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:36am:

cotterell claims he is broke and only has the suit he stands up in   he also has a conviction... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I am sorry to see you favour his kind of actions.....in which case I can only believe you would like to see the Cut their Heads off...placards back in the headlines....

Where there is a grievance there's always opposition. Governments past and present have taken it upon themselves to alter the countries racial and cultural identity so they can make more money for their rich servants. The establishment don't like Cottrell because he's articulate and intelligent. he's a threat. Hanson is a numbskull with very little impact so they tolerate her. I like the guys a lot and I'm sorry but I don't give a arts ass if you like that or not. people like him are going to keep coming so you better all get used to it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 7:01am

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:50am:
cods wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:36am:

Where there is a grievance there's always opposition. Governments past and present have taken it upon themselves to alter the countries racial and cultural identity so they can make more money for their rich servants. The establishment don't like Cottrell because he's articulate and intelligent. he's a threat. Hanson is a numbskull with very little impact so they tolerate her. I like the guys a lot and I'm sorry but I don't give a arts ass if you like that or not. people like him are going to keep coming so you better all get used to it.

you shouldnt get angry if you dont care what others think.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. thats usually the point of being in a minority   you upset the bigger crowd....

as you are entitled to think hes the bees knees.... so am I entitled to believe he is a racist of the worst kind.... if anyone would stir up another Charlie Hebdo 
I would think its this guy.....

I dont believe in encouraging more hate thats all.and I will certainly not stand by and watch his kind become the norm in this country........no way!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 7:12pm

freediver wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:45pm:
John do you also think it should be illegal to intend to incite serious contempt, revulsion or severe ridicule of Nazis?

yes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 9:41pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 7:12pm:

yes

So we should only be allowed to mildly ridicule Nazis?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 9:44pm

15 years in jail for burning a poofter flag:

Adolfo Martinez, 30, admitted to his crimes in a jailhouse interview

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50861259

A US judge has handed down a sentence of at least 15 years to a man who stole an LGBT pride flag from a church and burned it outside a strip club.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, admitted to the media that he took the flag from Ames United Church of Christ due to his animosity towards homosexuals.

He was found guilty last month of hate crime harassment, reckless use of fire and being a habitual offender.

The incident occurred around midnight on 11 June in downtown Ames, Iowa.

Police say the crime spree began at Dangerous Curves, a strip club, when police were called because a man was making threats. By the time they arrived, he had already been kicked out by bar staff.

After leaving the club, Martinez then travelled to the church and ripped down its flag. He then returned to the strip club where he used lighter fluid to burn the flag in the street. He also threatened to burn down the bar.

He was arrested later that day, and told local media in a jail house interview that he was "guilty as charged".

"It was an honour to do that. It's a blessing from the Lord," he said, explaining that he did it because he "opposed homosexuality".

"I burned down their pride, plain and simple," he told KCCI-TV. The interview was entered into the trial as evidence against him.

Church pastor Eileen Gebbie, who identifies as gay woman, says she agrees that Martinez' actions were motivated by hatred.

"I often experienced Ames as not being as progressive as many people believe it is, and there still is a very large closeted queer community here," she told the Des Moines Register when he was convicted in November.

"But 12 people that I don't know, who have no investment in me or this congregation, said this man committed a crime, and it was a crime borne of bigotry and hatred."

Story County Attorney Jessica Reynolds said Martinez was the first person in the county's history to be convicted of a hate crime.

"The hard reality is there are people who target individuals and commit crimes against individuals because of their race, gender, sexual orientation," she told the Ames Tribune.

"And when that happens it's so important that as a society we stand up and people have severe consequences for those actions."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Dec 21st, 2019 at 7:02am

freediver wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 9:41pm:

yes

what do you find about NAZIs thats ridiculous fd.????

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Dec 21st, 2019 at 9:07pm

cods wrote on Dec 21st, 2019 at 7:02am:

yes

Nothing. I just think we should be free to ridicule them. I don't quite understand why John thinks Nazis and Muslims should get special treatment.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Dec 21st, 2019 at 11:13pm

yes

you shouldn't be allowed out without supervision.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 7:22am

Are you preparing to backpedal John?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #23 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 7:44am

freediver wrote on Dec 21st, 2019 at 9:07pm:
cods wrote on Dec 21st, 2019 at 7:02am:

yes

Nothing.

I just think we should be free to ridicule them.

I don't quite understand why John thinks Nazis and Muslims should get special treatment.

It is our God given right [or the right of every self-aware being] to 'discriminate' in this life.

To have the right, to choose one thing, over another.

And the world around us, to varying degrees, will judge us, for our choices.

Having     the SKILL,     to recognise and to value [i.e. to appreciate] the difference [between different things and different personal traits and personal 'inclinations'], is called 'discrimination'.

Dictionary;
discrimination = =
1 the action of discriminating against people.
2 recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.       good judgement or taste.

Dictionary;
discriminating = = having or showing good taste or judgement.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1514959351/11#11
Quote:

Merit is a social construct.

When i'm in the supermarket, i won't select bruised, over-ripe or spoiled fruit.

I like my fruit to have 'merit'.

I'm discriminatory, when it comes to my fruit selection.

That makes me a fruit racist.

Which is also a social construct.

We shouldn't choose the make up of our national sporting teams on merit.

We should select 2 whites ones, and 2 yellow ones, and 6 brown ones.

Because everyone has equal merit.

Thats why no 'country shopping' Vietnamese are rushing the Somali border, to get in.

But why 'country shopping' Vietnamese are trying to sneak across the UK border.

.....because Somalia and the UK have equal merits, as places to be desired, to live in.

.....which is an absurd assertion.

And when i go to the supermarket later in the week to restock my larder, i'm still going to reject bruised, over-ripe or spoiled fruit.

Because its the     discriminatory      thing to do.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1561806794/7#7
Quote:

I would venture to suggest, that    every nation    aspires to achieve a political 'environment', which will [within its own borders] facilitate political stability, peace, and prosperity for its citizens.

Few come close.

aspire = = direct one’s hopes or ambitions towards achieving something.

Any nation which has achieved a modicum of political stability, peace, and prosperity,
which then, chooses [in a dangerous world, full of LAWLESS individuals] to [in effect] open its borders, will soon;
1/ lose its current national identity,
and,
2/ lose the political stability and the peace which facilitates its national prosperity.

Nations like Australia, and the U.S.A. are, imo, morphing into    sh it hole     nations.

PROPOSITION;
It is the character of the people of any nation, which defines the character [and quality, and the reputation] of that nation.

Logically,    sh it hole     nations, are so,       because of the particular character and cultural mores, of the people who inhabit those    sh it hole     nations.

And the same principle applies, with the particular character and cultural mores, of the people who inhabit nations where there is political stability, peace, and prosperity.

Again,    ....it is the character of the people of a nation, which defines the character [and quality, and the reputation] of a nation.

Recognising and valuing [i.e. appreciating] that difference [between different things and different people], is called 'discrimination'.

Dictionary;
discrimination = =
1 the action of discriminating against people.
2 recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.       good judgement or taste.

Dictionary;
discriminating = = having or showing good taste or judgement.

Yadda said somewhere.....
Quote:

"We are all the same. And there is no difference between us.", is the mantra that the humanists keep repeating.

But don't believe it!

Because it is our personal value systems [that have formed within us, from childhood until adulthood], which define who we are, as individuals.

And it is the - individual - which helps to define [the nature and the character of] his immediate 'environment' [i.e. the nature and the character of his community], and it is the collection of [those] communities [within a nation] that define the nature and character of a nation.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 8:50am

freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 7:22am:
Are you preparing to backpedal John?

and join you? no thanks.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:04am

So instead of admitting you were wrong you would rather just sit in the corner and dribble?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:08am

freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:04am:
So instead of admitting you were wrong you would rather just sit in the corner and dribble?

nah .. I'll leave that for you. You seem to be doing a far better job of it. I'll sit here and laugh at you instead.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #27 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 11:56am

John Smith wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:08am:

nah .. I'll leave that for you. You seem to be doing a far better job of it. I'll sit here and laugh at you instead.

show us a pic of you Smith- that will prove about you what we all already know   -- yes!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 2:01pm

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 2:10pm

Agnes wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 11:56am:

show us a pic of you Smith- that will prove about you what we all already know   -- yes!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

you don't know anything apart from what your cell mates tell you in your padded cell.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 5:15pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 2:10pm:

you don't know anything apart from what your cell mates tell you in your padded cell.

ahhhh the wisdom from the personal abuser... Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 5:36pm

cods wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 5:15pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 2:10pm:

ahhhh the wisdom from the personal abuser... Smiley

personal abuser? Is that as opposed to you, who would rather abuse someone behind their back, or have someone else do t for them?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 6:36pm

The only thing John has actually contributed to this thread is that Nazis and Muslims should be protected from ridicule. No wonder he prefers flinging mud.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 7:33pm

freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 6:36pm:
The only thing John has actually contributed to this thread is that Nazis and Muslims should be protected from ridicule. No wonder he prefers flinging mud.

people should be free to believe whatever religion they want fd, without fear of vilification by morons who haven't a clue.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 8:34pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 7:33pm:

people should be free to believe whatever religion they want fd, without fear of vilification by morons who haven't a clue.

Is Nazism a religion?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 9:08pm

freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 8:34pm:

Is Nazism a religion?

I never said it was.
Why? are you going to pretend you're not going on about muslims now? Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 9:30pm

Be cautious when around muslims, that's the advise I give everyone, they've killed innocent people in the streets of Melbourne and Sydney - you or a loved one might be next, so keep it in the back of your mind that it could happen, and take precautions

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 9:56pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 9:30pm:
Be cautious when around muslims, that's the advise I give everyone, they've killed innocent people in the streets of Melbourne and Sydney - you or a loved one might be next, so keep it in the back of your mind that it could happen, and take precautions

I've had family members killed, and friends of mine have had family members killed ... no muslims involved in either case.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:03pm

oh come on fd... he does it in every thread not just the ones you take part in.. Angry Angry

sheeeeeeezus..

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:07pm

cods wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:03pm:

oh come on fd... he does it in every thread not just the ones you take part in.. Angry Angry

sheeeeeeezus..

only if people say stupid things cods ... that's why fd cops it often Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:09pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 9:56pm:

I've had family members killed, and friends of mine have had family members killed ... no muslims involved in either case.

That means your family and your friends family were careless and not cautious

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:13pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:09pm:

i thought you said they only had be cautious around muslims? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #42 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:39pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:13pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:09pm:

i thought you said they only had be cautious around muslims? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Quote:
Our esteemed leader:

Who is this awful signature about Smith ( monk)?  or is it - as I suspect FD- you should remove it or leave
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:45pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:49pm

Agnes wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:39pm:
Who is this awful signature about Smith ( monk)?  or is it - as I suspect FD- you should remove it or leave

that's FD's quote in all it's glory, fungus. Shows just what sort of low life he is. I suggest that if you don't like it, you leave.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #44 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 2:31pm

FD, do you consider nazism a "religion"

It is relevant to the particular law in question here.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 4:56pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:07pm:

sheeeeeeezus..

even some stupid people dont throw mud all the time!
unlike yourself....

havent you noticed its the lefties that repeat repeat repeat the most inane thing over and over again..zzz

it appears its all those stupid people have got... Angry Angry

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #46 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 5:49pm

cods wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 4:56pm:

sheeeeeeezus..

unlike yourself....

havent you noticed its the lefties that repeat repeat repeat the most inane thing over and over again..zzz

Best keep away from that box of Fruity Lexia on the sideboard, Cods.  You're sounding more and more drunk all the time.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 6:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 5:49pm:

sheeeeeeezus..

unlike yourself....

Best keep away from that box of Fruity Lexia on the sideboard, Cods.  You're sounding more and more drunk all the time.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

groaaaaaaan  oh dear its pathetic" head up his own bum bri bri"...

happy christmas pet  I am sure you dont get many wish you that....

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:07pm

finally, a subject you have first hand experience at Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:09pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 2:31pm:

he must, why else would he compare a religion to nazism?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #50 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:43pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 2:31pm:

Not really, but if Hitler had succeeded in creating his thousand year Reich, we would have another Islam on our hands by now.

Quote:

Muhammad's habit of slaughtering Jews perhaps.

John Smith wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 9:08pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 8:34pm:

Is Nazism a religion?

I never said it was.
Why? are you going to pretend you're not going on about muslims now? Grin Grin

Nazis and Muslims. Why did you respond with the line about people being free to believe whatever religion they want? Does that explain why you think both Muslims and Nazis should be protected from ridicule? Or are you still working on your spineless apologetics routine for Hitler?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:46pm

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:43pm:

more likely that you're full of crap

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #52 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:47pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:46pm:

Are you suggesting Muhammad did not slaughter Jews? Or that the facts don't matter when you are defending Islam and Nazism?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:56pm

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:47pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:46pm:

Are you suggesting Muhammad did not slaughter Jews? Or that the facts don't matter when you are defending Islam and Nazism?

I suggested nothing of the sort .. i thought i was pretty clear, seems even that was to subtle for you.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #54 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 9:01pm

Who would agree that Jewish bankers had a lot to answer for
and also to blame for the rise of Hitler?

https://archive.org/stream/HowHitlerDefiedTheInternationalBankers/HowHitlerDefie...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #55 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 9:02pm

So you agree with me that Muhammad had a habit of slaughtering Jews, but disagree that that was my reason for comparing him to Hitler?

Why do you think both Muslims and Nazis should be protected from ridicule?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 9:05pm

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 9:02pm:
So you agree with me that Muhammad had a habit of slaughtering Jews, but disagree that that was my reason for comparing him to Hitler?

bingo

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 9:02pm:
Why do you think both Muslims and Nazis should be protected from ridicule?

is that what i said fd, or is that what you said?

you couldn't have an honest debate if your life depended on it.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 10:34pm

You are turning into a jellyfish again John. Do you think both Nazis and Muslims should be protected from ridicule?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #58 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 8:22am

Not really

Then your attempts to equate this ruling with a ban on ridiculing Nazis is invalid - notwithstanding what JS said about it. The law that Cottrel was convicted for was specifically about religion.

Quote:
but if Hitler had succeeded in creating his thousand year Reich, we would have another Islam on our hands by now.

Even Islam has firm roots in the Abrhamic religious tradition. It is basically a modified version of Judaism - as Christianity was before it.

It is patently absurd to compare Islam with Nazism - if for no other reason that Islam is so clearly spiritually based, related to the worship of an all supreme deity, and the spiritual preparation for the afterlife. And nothing you say in pretending that peripheral issues about Muhammad's earthly/political exploits is the only thing that Islam is about is going to change that. The 5 pillars are what Islam is about, not alleged massacres of jews. Nazism on the other hand is purely concerned with earthly material matters. There is no God or afterlife or worship in Nazism. Your attempts to equate the two by comparing the political and military dimensions of Hitler with Muhammad misses the most obvious point that Hitler was never claiming to lead a movement on behalf of a deity and/or spiritual enlightenment.

Quote:
Quote:

Nazism literally had solving "the Jewish question" as a central tenet to its ideology. Scapegoating and demonizing jews for all the world's problems was central to Nazi philosophy. Its all there in Mein Kampf. The Quran on the other hand reaffirms Old Testament jewish traditions and holds up jews as 'people of the book'. As scholars have pointed out, there is no demonization of jews, especially not the scapegoating and betrayal narratives that became a feature of western christian tradition (and by extension Nazi tradition).

Unlike the holocaust, no one can seriously suggest that the alleged Banu Qurayza massacre (which by the way, pretty much no muslim would consider a relevant aspect of the religion of Islam) was a natural fulfillment of racist and inciteful doctrine.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 8:37am

Quote:
Then your attempts to equate this ruling with a ban on ridiculing Nazis is invalid - notwithstanding what JS said about it.

When did I say they were equal?

Quote:
The law that Cottrel was convicted for was specifically about religion.

So if Nazis decided that Hitler was a prophet, you would support a ban on ridiculing them?

Is Muhammad's alleged spirituality the only difference between Islam and Nazism you can cite? They are pretty much the same, except Islam made a religion out of it?

Quote:
Even Islam has firm roots in the Abrhamic religious tradition. It is basically a modified version of Judaism - as Christianity was before it.

What is your point?

Quote:
It is patently absurd to compare Islam with Nazism

Because they are different, or because they are the same?

Quote:
if for no other reason that Islam is so clearly spiritually based, related to the worship of an all supreme deity, and the spiritual preparation for the afterlife

Oh dear, it appears you are trying to compare Islam and Nazism. How very dare you.

Quote:
And nothing you say in pretending that peripheral issues about Muhammad's earthly/political exploits is the only thing that Islam is about is going to change that.

Are you talking about camel urine? Or magic carpets?

Quote:
The 5 pillars are what Islam is about, not alleged massacres of jews.

Yet your religion still compels you support genocide.

Quote:
Nazism on the other hand is purely concerned with earthly material matters.

So Hitler had no spiritual views?

Quote:
Nazism literally had solving "the Jewish question" as a central tenet to its ideology.

I think Lebensraum was higher on the list. Like with Muhammad, slaughtering Jews was a bit of a sideshow.

Quote:
The Quran on the other hand reaffirms Old Testament jewish traditions and holds up jews as 'people of the book'. As scholars have pointed out, there is no demonization of jews, especially not the scapegoating and betrayal narratives that became a feature of western christian tradition (and by extension Nazi tradition).

And yet it somehow compels you to invent ways to blame Jews for Muhammad's genocide of them. Muslims manage to blame the Jews and claim victimhood on their own behalf every bloodstained step of the way.

Just like Hitler.

Quote:
Unlike the holocaust, no one can seriously suggest that the alleged Banu Qurayza massacre (which by the way, pretty much no muslim would consider a relevant aspect of the religion of Islam) was a natural fulfillment of racist and inciteful doctrine.

That was just one incident Gandalf.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #60 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 11:15am

freediver wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 8:37am:
When did I say they were equal?

You equate Islam with Nazism at every available opportunity FD.

But happy to play along - so if you now agree that Islam is a religion and Nazism is not, do you concede that there is no reason to suggest that it would be hypocritical in this situation to punish the ridiculing of Islam but not Nazism? If so, the obvious question arises, why did you try and wedge JS by asking that very question - as if to entrap him as a hypocrite?

freediver wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 8:37am:
So if Nazis decided that Hitler was a prophet, you would support a ban on ridiculing them?

ho hum we once again venture into the absurd hypotheticals... 'what if Nazis weren't really nazis' - is what you're really getting at. Which of course is mind-numbingly pointless and idiotic. Here's an idea - how about we deal with nazis as they actually are in reality on planet earth hmmm? Like you know, a racist ideology, as opposed to a religion about spiritual fulfillment with prophets. Its rather amusing that the only way you can justify nazism being treated the same as Islam is by thinking of a make-believe world in which nazis are not really nazis.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #61 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 2:24pm

Quote:
You equate Islam with Nazism at every available opportunity FD.

No I don't. The Nazis were far more efficient and competent than the Muslims.

Quote:
But happy to play along - so if you now agree that Islam is a religion and Nazism is not, do you concede that there is no reason to suggest that it would be hypocritical in this situation to punish the ridiculing of Islam but not Nazism?

I don't think the government should be dictating what counts as a proper religion.

Quote:
If so, the obvious question arises, why did you try and wedge JS by asking that very question - as if to entrap him as a hypocrite?

Have you ever seen a jellyfish washed up on the beach and wanted to poke it with your toe?

Quote:
ho hum we once again venture into the absurd hypotheticals... 'what if Nazis weren't really nazis'

They would still be Nazis, just pulling the same tricks as Muslims.

Quote:
Which of course is mind-numbingly pointless and idiotic.

Why are you afraid to let John Smith explain why he thinks both Nazis and Muslims should be protected from ridicule? How do you know it is pointless without knowing his answer?

Or do you know what the answer is?

Quote:
Here's an idea - how about we deal with nazis as they actually are in reality on planet earth hmmm? Like you know, a racist ideology, as opposed to a religion about spiritual fulfillment with prophets.

And genocide supporters. Tough titties, off with their heads eh?

Quote:
Its rather amusing that the only way you can justify nazism being treated the same as Islam

John is the one doing that.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 4:04pm

freediver wrote on Dec 24th, 2019 at 2:24pm:
No I don't.

bullshit

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 4:05pm

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 10:34pm:
You are turning into a jellyfish again John.

and joining your ranks? i doubt it.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 4:08pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 9:05pm:
you couldn't have an honest debate if your life depended on it.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #65 - Dec 26th, 2019 at 7:55am

OK then John, give us your impression of a chordate. Why do you think Muslims and Nazis should be protected from ridicule?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Dec 26th, 2019 at 9:20am

freediver wrote on Dec 26th, 2019 at 7:55am:
OK then John, give us your impression of a chordate. Why do you think Muslims and Nazis should be protected from ridicule?

oh gawd fd  have you been taking lessons from the same school as greg and Bri Bri..

you sure sound like it.. Embarrassed Embarrassed

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #67 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 2:31pm

Quote:
Its rather amusing that the only way you can justify nazism being treated the same as Islam

So you don't believe that Islam should be treated the same way as nazism when it comes to how much criticism should be allowed against it?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #68 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 7:11pm

Of course not. Nazism is dead and buried. If anything, it is a barrier, as people judge how fascist something is by how superficially similar it is to Nazism. Hence the absurd hypocrisy of the antifa fascists.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 9:20pm

freediver wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 7:11pm:
Nazism is dead and buried.

really?you should let these guys know that!

List of neo-Nazi organizations

North America

Adolf Hitler Free Corps (United States)
    American Nazi Party – United States
    Aryan Brotherhood of Texas – United States
    Aryan Brotherhood - United States
    Aryan Guard – Canada
    Aryan Nations – United States and Canada
    Atomwaffen Division - United States
    Christian Identity - United States
    The Daily Stormer - United States
    Hammerskins – United States and Canada
    Heritage Front – Canada
    Identity Evropa - United States
    National Alliance – United States
    National Socialist Liberation Front (United States)
    National Socialist Movement – United States
    National Socialist Vanguard – United States
    National Vanguard – United States
    Nationalist Front – United States
    NSDAP/AO – United States
    Odinia International - United States
    Renegade Tribune - United States
    Resistance Records
    The Right Stuff - United States
    Nationalist Front of Mexico[1] – Mexico
    Traditionalist Worker Party – United States
    Vanguard America – United States
    White Aryan Resistance – United States
    National Synarchist Union - Mexico

Caribbean and South America

Carecas do ABC (ABC region Skinheads)- Brazil
    National Socialist Movement of Chile
    Kombat RAC - Brazil
    Front 88 - Brazil
    Impacto Hooligan - Brazil

Asia
Japan

National Socialist Japanese Workers' Party – Japan[2]

Iran

Aryan League - (National Socialist Aryan League - NSAL) – Iran
    SUMKA (Iran National-Socialist Workers Party) – Iran

Mongolia

Tsagaan Khas – Mongolia

Taiwan

National Socialism Association

Europe
Former Yugoslavia

Nacionalni stroj (National Alignment) – Serbia
    Serbian Action – Serbia
    Autochthonous Croatian Party of Rights – Croatia
    Bosnian Movement of National Pride – Bosnia

Belgium and the Netherlands

Dutch Peoples-Union (Nederlandse Volks-Unie) – Netherlands
    Order of Flemish Militants – Flanders
    National Alliance – Netherlands
    Bloed, Bodem, Eer en Trouw – Flanders
    Parti Communautaire National-Européen – Belgium
    Parti Communautaire Européen – Belgium
    Racial Volunteer Force – Belgium

Denmark

Danmarks Nationalsocialistiske Bevægelse (National Socialist Movement of Denmark)
    Danish Front
    Party of the Danes

Finland

Pohjoismainen Vastarintaliike (Nordic Resistance Movement)

France

Nomad 88[3]
    Combat 18[4]

Germany

The III. Path
    National Democratic Party of Germany
    Autonome Nationalisten
    Artgemeinschaft
    Wiking-Jugend
    Deutsche Heidnische Front
    German Alternative
    Nationalist Front (Germany)
    Action Front of National Socialists/National Activists
    Gesinnungsgemeinschaft der Neuen Front
    National Offensive
    Socialist Reich Party
    Free German Workers' Party
    Die Rechte
    IV Reich

Greece

Golden Dawn

Norway

Norges Nasjonalsosialistiske Bevegelse (National Socialist Movement of Norway)
    Vigrid
    Heathen Front

Russia

Slavic Union
    Format18
    National Socialist Society
    Pamyat Nazi Party
    Russian National Unity
    Russian National Socialist Party

Spain

National Alliance
    Democracia Nacional
    España 2000

Sweden

Nordiska motståndsrörelsen (Nordic Resistance Movement)
    Nationalsocialistisk front (National Socialist Front)
    Svenskarnas parti (Party of the Swedes)

Slovakia

Ľudová strana – Naše Slovensko (Kotleba – People's Party Our Slovakia)

Turkey

Nasyonal Aktivitede Zinde İnkişaf (Vigorous Development in National Activity)[5]

United Kingdom

British National Front
    British People's Party
    Column 88
    Combat 18
    International Third Position
    League of St. George
    Northern League
    November 9th Society (also known as the British First Party)
    National Action (2014)
    National Socialist Action Party
    National Socialist Movement (1960s)
    National Socialist Movement
    NF Flag Group
    Racial Volunteer Force
    White Nationalist Party

Ukraine

Azov Battalion
    Patriots of Ukraine
    Social-National Party of Ukraine
    Social-National Assembly

Oceania
Australia

Antipodean Resistance
    National Action
    National Socialist Party of Australia
    Patriotic Youth League
    United Patriots Front
    Combat 18

New Zealand

National Socialist Party of New Zealand
    New Zealand National Front
    Right Wing Resistance
    Unit 88

International

Blood & Honour
    Daily Stormer
    New European Order
    Stormfront
    World Union of National Socialists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_neo-Nazi_organizations

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #70 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 10:00pm

When was the last time the Nazis invaded a country?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 10:26pm

freediver wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 10:00pm:
When was the last time the Nazis invaded a country?

no one said they did ... what you said was nazism is dead and buried. It obviously isn't, you lied or you're a fool. Which one?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #72 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 11:53am

As a geopolitical force. They nearly took over the world last century. Now they are a few clubs you can find on the internet. Dead and buried.

Or did you think that an ideology literally gets buried when it dies? If so, I apologise for your confusion.

Muslims have been waging war over the last decade to create another Islamic state, because Iraq and Syria aren't bad enough. There is still a risk they will trigger WWIII. Malaysia has re-education camps for apostates. Muhammad got his thousand year Reich, and about a quarter of the world's population still liver under the yoke of Islam because of that, lacking basic human rights and freedoms.

About another quarter still live under the yoke of communism, or in a nation deprived by it's lingering effects.

Nazis in comparison have a few clubs, yet people are still so fixated on them that they define fascism almost entirely by superficial similarity to Nazism. Hence the idiot "antifa" mob.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #73 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 6:21pm

Of course not. Nazism is dead and buried. If anything, it is a barrier, as people judge how fascist something is by how superficially similar it is to Nazism. Hence the absurd hypocrisy of the antifa fascists.

You seem to be confusing my question for something else.

My question was about what you think the law should be. I am asking if you believe people should be lawfully allowed to say what they like about Islam exactly the same way as they are lawfully allowed to say what they like about nazism. It would seem pretty obvious based on everything you stand for, that your answer would be yes. The actual law, as we well know, says otherwise. And if this is indeed your position, then it would explain why you always bring up the question of criticising nazis whenever people argue in favour of these laws that protect Islam (and other religions) from certain criticism. Basically you seem to think you will be able to shame supporters of the law into agreeing that they are hypocrites (hence your original 'wedge' question to JS) - just because you can't see any moral difference between attacking Nazism and attacking Islam. The flaw in this thinking shouldn't need to be spelled out.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #74 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 7:38pm

Quote:
My question was about what you think the law should be. I am asking if you believe people should be lawfully allowed to say what they like about Islam exactly the same way as they are lawfully allowed to say what they like about nazism. It would seem pretty obvious based on everything you stand for, that your answer would be yes.

Yes.

Quote:
The actual law, as we well know, says otherwise.

How so?

Quote:
And if this is indeed your position, then it would explain why you always bring up the question of criticising nazis whenever people argue in favour of these laws that protect Islam (and other religions) from certain criticism.

Yes.

Quote:
Basically you seem to think you will be able to shame supporters of the law into agreeing that they are hypocrites (hence your original 'wedge' question to JS) - just because you can't see any moral difference between attacking Nazism and attacking Islam. The flaw in this thinking shouldn't need to be spelled out.

What is the moral difference? That Muslims get butthurt but Nazis don't? Or that Muhammad established his thousand year Reich but Hitler failed?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #75 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 10:19am

freediver wrote on Jan 4th, 2020 at 7:38pm:
Quote:
The actual law, as we well know, says otherwise.

How so?

The law that was invoked here is specifically about religious discrimination. No one says nazism is a religion, not even you. It is a political ideology. Whereas everyone, (except perhaps you - depending on your level of confusion on any given day), but more importantly the law agrees that Islam is a religion. If Blair Cottrel performed his little stunt to demonize communists or capitalists, or even nazis - he wouldn't have been charged and convicted - certainly not under this particular religious discrimination law, and most probably not under any other law.

freediver wrote on Jan 4th, 2020 at 7:38pm:
What is the moral difference? That Muslims get butthurt but Nazis don't? Or that Muhammad established his thousand year Reich but Hitler failed?

What nazis FD? You just finished explaining to us all how Nazism no longer exists. "Dead and buried" was the term you used. You mocked the idea that any current day fascists could be considered "nazis". You are clearly implying that apart from "a few clubs on the internet", there are no nazis left to offend. Islam, on the other hand, counts some half a million adherents in Australia alone, and around 2 billion worldwide.

The "moral difference" should be obvious.

If you want to make the hypocricy argument, why would you use as your comparison, the example of a group you yourself don't even believes exists any more? That makes no sense at all. However what does make sense is your insistence of always hysterically comparing Islam to nazis.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2020 at 10:31am by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #76 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 11:06am

Quote:
The law that was invoked here is specifically about religious discrimination. No one says nazism is a religion, not even you. It is a political ideology. Whereas everyone, (except perhaps you - depending on your level of confusion on any given day), but more importantly the law agrees that Islam is a religion.

Most people who look at it objectively consaider Islam to be a religious, political and military movement.

Quote:
What nazis FD? You just finished explaining to us all how Nazism no longer exists. "Dead and buried" was the term you used. You mocked the idea that any current day fascists could be considered "nazis". You are clearly implying that apart from "a few clubs on the internet", there are no nazis left to offend.

Have you ever met one?

Quote:
The "moral difference" should be obvious.

Does it have something to do with the number of followers of the ideology?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #77 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 2:47pm

freediver wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 11:06am:
Most people who look at it objectively consaider Islam to be a religious, political and military movement.

Ridiculous. But anyway, the only relevant point here is that practically all people (as well as the courts) would agree that this law we are talking about applies to Islam, but not to Nazism. I think even you could not disagree with that.

Have you ever met one?

No. And in case this is your strawman (I can't think of any other reason you would ask such a question), I am not basing my argument on the premise that there definitely are nazis out there.

Does it have something to do with the number of followers of the ideology?

Thats certainly a big part of it. By your own argument (that practically no actual nazis exist), mocking nazism won't actually offend any nazis, whereas mocking Islam does inevitably offend actual real life muslims. Is that the be-all and end-all argument for protecting Islam from any criticism? Of course not, but it spells out a very obvious moral difference which should be taken into account before you start dismissing anyone who supports protecting Islam but not nazis from criticism - as hypocrites.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #78 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 3:35pm

Quote:
No. And in case this is your strawman (I can't think of any other reason you would ask such a question), I am not basing my argument on the premise that there definitely are nazis out there.

So you acknowledge there might not actually be any Nazis out there, but you are nitpicking on whether Nazism is "dead and buried" as a political force?

IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #79 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 4:03pm

Nazism against Jews is nothing compared to what the Mafia will do to the Moslems.

...ever been on a construction site in Sydney where the Italians and the Moslems are working?
Accidents do happen in the workplace.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #80 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 3:10pm

freediver wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 3:35pm:
Quote:

So you acknowledge there might not actually be any Nazis out there, but you are nitpicking on whether Nazism is "dead and buried" as a political force?

Where on earth did you get that from? Presumably you are confusing my arguments for someone elses. I never said anything one way or the other about whether I think nazism is "dead and buried" as a political force.

I was trying to interpret your argument. You were the one who brought up the idea that nazism being "dead and buried" is why criticism of nazism should be treated differently to criticism of Islam. Its there in black and white in reply# 68. But then you completely contradicted yourself by confirming you think the two should be equally subject to carte-blanche criticism (reply# 74). So you obviously have some confusion there that you need to clear up.

As for what I actually said, my point was about the moral difference between attacking nazis and attacking muslims. Regardless of whether or not nazism is "dead and buried" as a political force, or whether or not nazis still exist - the relevant point here is that there are unquestionably far more muslims both in Australia and around the world, and unlike Nazism, is universally categorised as a recognised religion. Islam, unlike nazism, is infused in our own culture - we all interact with muslims every day, eat their food and cater for their religious requirements in schools and in the workplace. You *seemed* to agree with me in reply# 68 that this difference actually counts for something in terms of how we criticise Islam compared to how we criticise Nazism. Most people would count this as a moral difference - since criticism of Islam can (and does) have adverse consequences for real life people living in the community. While criticism of nazism affects far fewer people - and according to you affects practically no one.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #81 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:20pm

FD, can you confirm whether or not you have run away from this discussion, or in your favourite style, have you actually responded to this but in another thread that I'm supposed to run around looking for?

Quote:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:24pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:20pm:
FD, can you confirm whether or not you have run away from this discussion, or in your favourite style, have you actually responded to this but in another thread that I'm supposed to run around looking for?

maybe you need to act a bit quicker to catch him gandy...he has jellyfish to worry about....

as a gmod shouldnt you be here more often?????

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #83 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:22pm

Quote:
You were the one who brought up the idea that nazism being "dead and buried" is why criticism of nazism should be treated differently to criticism of Islam.

Can you quote me?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #84 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:27pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 2:31pm:
So you don't believe that Islam should be treated the same way as nazism when it comes to how much criticism should be allowed against it?

Of course not. Nazism is dead and buried.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #85 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:52pm

Yeah sorry about that. I overlooked the "allowed" bit. I think it should be open slather on both for criticism.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #86 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 11:05pm

freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:52pm:
Yeah sorry about that. I overlooked the "allowed" bit. I think it should be open slather on both for criticism.

Fine. but how is saying "nazism is dead and buried" relevant to that?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #87 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 9:34am

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 11:05pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:52pm:

Fine. but how is saying "nazism is dead and buried" relevant to that?

I think the extent of criticism should reflect the magnitude of the threat. As you already know, Islam is the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy. People should stop being so shy in criticising it. If they are not afraid to offend Nazis, even the polite ones, why are they afraid of offending Muslims? It's like the opposite of Brian's view, who thinks that every criticism of Islam needs to be carefully wrapped in a similar sounding criticism of Christianity. It's not like the Nazis are ever going to get the upper hand again.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #88 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 4:34pm

1. Hardly anyone agrees with you that Islam is the greatest threat to freedom and democracy - So your position is obviously flawed in assuming that everyone starts from the position that Islam is a massive threat - but inexplicably still don't want to offend Islam.

2.  The reason that people are hesistant to offend muslims should be obvious to anyone who has even a cursory knowledge the negative impacts of Islamophobia - especially on women.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #89 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 5:47pm

Quote:
Hardly anyone agrees with you that Islam is the greatest threat to freedom and democracy

And yet no-one has suggested a threat they consider to be greater, except for your absurd attempt to group all threats to freedom and democracy, including Islam, together into a vague and meaningless bundle.

Quote:
So your position is obviously flawed in assuming that everyone starts from the position that Islam is a massive threat

Where do I "assume" that?

Quote:
but inexplicably still don't want to offend Islam.

It's not inexplicable. Most people, when they find out about Islam are disgusted by it, except for the few spineless apeasers. Everyone else offers platitudes out of ignorance of what Islam is, thanks in part to the turd polishing efforts from people like you, Brian, Abu etc. There are probably also some who think common sense will somehow prevail by remaining silent in the face of what they know is evil - particularly westerners who have had their liberties handed to them on a platter.

Quote:
2.  The reason that people are hesistant to offend muslims should be obvious to anyone who has even a cursory knowledge the negative impacts of Islamophobia - especially on women.

Does it make the bruises hurt more?

Seriously, you could not be more hypocritical on this. There are literally millions of women around the world living in abject misery thanks to the dictates of Islam. Some even in Australia. Yet you have the gall to use the plight of women as a token against Islamophobia.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #90 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 7:37pm

freediver wrote on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 5:47pm:
And yet no-one has suggested a threat they consider to be greater, except for your absurd attempt to group all threats to freedom and democracy, including Islam, together into a vague and meaningless bundle.

That is not an argument against my point FD.

Again, you simply stating your opinion that Islam is the greatest threat to freedom is not a starting point for an analysis on why the rest of the non-muslim population should or shouldn't mock Islam.

Where do I "assume" that?

You did it to me in your last post:

As you already know, Islam is the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy.

On top of that, you also jumped to the conclusion that "most people" are disgusted by Islam as soon as they find out about it. Based, of course, on nothing whatsoever.

Or in other words, making assumptions about people assuredly having the same bigoted views on Islam as you.

Most people, when they find out about Islam are disgusted by it, except for the few spineless apeasers.

and what on earth is that based on? Do you have any actual evidence, or is this yet another BS stating something as fact - which you will, upon further scrutiny, claim that you thought it could be BS all along? And all the while asserting that its somehow "true" as long as I can't disprove your own BS claim?

Seriously, you could not be more hypocritical on this. There are literally millions of women around the world living in abject misery thanks to the dictates of Islam. Some even in Australia. Yet you have the gall to use the plight of women as a token against Islamophobia.

Baseless slurs aside, this has nothing to do with my alleged hypocricy. We are talking about why other people (ie not me or you) are hesitant to mock Islam as much as they mock nazism. You apparently are incapable of understanding a person's aversion to ridiculing the religion of people who are an integral part of our community. Thats fine. But most people are not. Sure, most people are aware of the important principle that they have, and should have the right to criticise Islam, but it doesn't mean they go up to every muslim they see and mouth off about their beliefs. Not even you would do this - I would suspect. They are also aware - unlike you apparently - that attacking Islam has documented impacts on muslims lives - especially those who are most visible and vulnerable - ie women in hijabs.

The contrast with mocking Nazism should go without saying. As you yourself have pointed out, practically no real-life nazis exist. There is no community of vulnerable nazi women who just want to go about their business and practice their religion without bothering anyone. There are no random attacks against nazi women who are spat at on the street, have their head-dress ripped off in front of their terrified children, and certainly no Christchurches. You of course refuse to acknowledge any connection between carte blanche ridiculing of a major religion and seriously adverse impacts to real people's lives. But fortunately most people are not so blind to the connection, and this explains their aversion to such carte blanche ridicule.

Quote:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #91 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 7:43pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 4:34pm:
1. Hardly anyone agrees with you that Islam is the greatest threat to freedom and democracy - So your position is obviously flawed in assuming that everyone starts from the position that Islam is a massive threat - but inexplicably still don't want to offend Islam.

My leftie self and SJW wife are a part of those that don't matter. Almost no-one I know does not consider Islam a threat, it's just how much of a threat. Sure they play triggered SJWs openly but behind closed doors they are not so sure.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #92 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 7:47pm

Quote:
Again, you simply stating your opinion that Islam is the greatest threat to freedom is not a starting point for an analysis on why the rest of the non-muslim population should or shouldn't mock Islam.

It was not an argument about why the rest of the non-muslim population should or shouldn't mock Islam.

Quote:
You did it to me in your last post:
As you already know, Islam is the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy.

I pointed it out to you previously. That is not the same as assuming everyone "starts there".

Quote:
On top of that, you also jumped to the conclusion that "most people" are disgusted by Islam as soon as they find out about it.

Sure. Islam would not have spread to where it is today without following Muhammad's example of imposing it on people with threat of death, along with a bit of institutionalised rape of non-Muslims. Outside of your little echo chamber, real people are disgusted by Islam.

Quote:
Baseless slurs aside

It is not baseless. Are you telling us that Islam is not responsible for millions of women living in abject misery?

Quote:
that attacking Islam has documented impacts on muslims lives

It was worth it to end slavery.

Quote:
The contrast with mocking Nazism should go without saying.

So if Nazis were an "integral part of our society" you would refrain from criticising them?

Quote:
There is no community of vulnerable nazi women who just want to go about their business and practice their religion without bothering anyone.

Oh dear. You mean like going to work and melting down Jew's gold teeth?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 7:51pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 7:37pm:
[quote author=freediver link=1576731498/89#89 date=1580629664]Seriously, you could not be more hypocritical on this. There are literally millions of women around the world living in abject misery thanks to the dictates of Islam. Some even in Australia. Yet you have the gall to use the plight of women as a token against Islamophobia.

Baseless slurs aside, this has nothing to do with my alleged hypocricy. We are talking about why other people (ie not me or you) are hesitant to mock Islam as much as they mock nazism. You apparently are incapable of understanding a person's aversion to ridiculing the religion of people who are an integral part of our community. Thats fine. But most people are not. Sure, most people are aware of the important principle that they have, and should have the right to criticise Islam, but it doesn't mean they go up to every muslim they see and mouth off about their beliefs. Not even you would do this - I would suspect. They are also aware - unlike you apparently - that attacking Islam has documented impacts on muslims lives - especially those who are most visible and vulnerable - ie women in hijabs.

The contrast with mocking Nazism should go without saying. As you yourself have pointed out, practically no real-life nazis exist. There is no community of vulnerable nazi women who just want to go about their business and practice their religion without bothering anyone. There are no random attacks against nazi women who are spat at on the street, have their head-dress ripped off in front of their terrified children, and certainly no Christchurches. You of course refuse to acknowledge any connection between carte blanche ridiculing of a major religion and seriously adverse impacts to real people's lives. But fortunately most people are not so blind to the connection, and this explains their aversion to such carte blanche ridicule.

This simply highlights your hypocrisy, bad faith and cowardice.

You expend your spittle on the plight of the odd niqabi whose ridiculous tent is pulled from her head in the West every 6-8 months and is told not to be so bloody ridiculous - but dismiss as irrelevant the MILLIONS of Muslim women kept in abject oppression in Muslim countries on account the carte blanche doctrine of oppression by you 'major religion'.

Islam is still oppressive, supremacists, murderous and totally intolerant of any dissent within and without. No dialogue, no compromise with Submission, only submission or death.  It's in all the texts of your 'major religion'. Any Muslim sect that goes against these tenets is persecuted mercilessly.

Ridicule is the absolute minimum anyone with any conscience and moral fortitude can do to/about Islam.   Ridicule is too good for Islam, considering how murderously it's devotees respond to ANY criticism.i

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #94 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 8:49pm

freediver wrote on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 7:47pm:
It is not baseless. Are you telling us that Islam is not responsible for millions of women living in abject misery?

No. But congratulations on completely missing the point.

Me acknowledging that Islam has been terrible for a great many women around the world (which I do) doesn't mean I am a hypocrite for also pointing out the danger that ridiculing Islam poses to muslim women as well. Your slur against me of being a hypocrite, therefore, is completely baseless.

So if Nazis were an "integral part of our society" you would refrain from criticising them?

No, but the situation would obviously be different. But once again, you are falling for the trap of constructing another "what if nazism wasn't really nazism" argument - which of course is completely pointless.

Sure. Islam would not have spread to where it is today without following Muhammad's example of imposing it on people with threat of death, along with a bit of institutionalised rape of non-Muslims. Outside of your little echo chamber, real people are disgusted by Islam.

Of course there are bigots FD, no one is denying that. Many of them congregate to this very forum. Dare I call it a "little echo chamber"? In fact "echo chamber" is a perfect description of the bubble you seem to live in - if you honestly do believe that "most people" are "disgusted" by Islam, once they find out about it. The truth is, this projecting of yours on to what other people think is just your convenient excuse to justify normalising bigotry against muslims. Islam is disgusting, so the logic goes, and most people who learn about it are in fact disgusted by it - therefore, it is only right and proper to have carte blanche ridicule of it in society. Your logical steps conveniently avoids tricky questions like 'do people actually disagree with me about Islam - and thats why they refuse to ridicule it'? - and simply makes as a starting point, the assumption that Islam is a universally agreed upon legitimate target of carte-blanche ridicule - akin to how Nazism is ridiculed. Having this starting point, you can then focus on the obstacles that are holding back people doing what they would naturally otherwise be doing - ridiculing nazism. And so the standard laundry list of reasons gets roled out: people are hypocrites, people are terrified of not being PC, terrorists are forcing people to self-censor, etc etc... And thus we arrive at a perfect circle (circle jerk?) that endlessly justifies the claim that Islam is the greatest threat to freedom. Brilliant.

Quote:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 6:34pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 8:49pm:

Me acknowledging that Islam has been terrible for a great many women around the world (which I do) doesn't mean I am a hypocrite for also pointing out the danger that ridiculing Islam poses to muslim women as well. Your slur against me of being a hypocrite, therefore, is completely baseless.

What made Islam terrible for women around the world if not Islam???

Islam is only ridiculed because it has idiots who deny its very essence, confessed loud and clear over centuries - idiots like that Sudanese bint declaring it to be the 'most feminist religion', all the gruesome murderers and their apologists calling it the 'religion of peace', you with your endless, ENDLESS jihad of apologising for the daily atrocities of your 'major religion'.

You Muslims invest sooo much energy in arse covering, no wonder you have no strength left to actually improve your sad, oppressive, dysfunctional, backward societies. (You are too lazy and slovenly and fatalistic to make an actual effort). It is easy and cheap for you to spray your spittle here rather than to actually improve Muslim societies.   And that is exactly why you are here: lazy, mouthy, useless, arse-covering, pointless. 

Go and improve Muslim societies. I dare you.  Don't get killed.

Make yourself USEFUL for a change.  You won't. Allah wants you to kvetch to the kuffar like FD, endlessly. Inshallah, innit, you lazy cowering git. It's a lot safer than talking to your gruesome, murderous and serious bruvvers. i

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2020 at 8:40pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #96 - Feb 9th, 2020 at 8:32am

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 8:49pm:

You said it was baseless. You sated this as fact. Are you now saying you were lying? Do you still think you are infallible?

Quote:
No, but the situation would obviously be different. But once again, you are falling for the trap of constructing another "what if nazism wasn't really nazism" argument - which of course is completely pointless.

It is only pointless to those who lack the ability to see the value in the exercise.

Quote:
Of course there are bigots FD, no one is denying that. Many of them congregate to this very forum. Dare I call it a "little echo chamber"?

Well?

Quote:
Islam is disgusting, so the logic goes, and most people who learn about it are in fact disgusted by it - therefore, it is only right and proper to have carte blanche ridicule of it in society. Your logical steps conveniently avoids tricky questions like 'do people actually disagree with me about Islam - and thats why they refuse to ridicule it'? - and simply makes as a starting point, the assumption that Islam is a universally agreed upon legitimate target of carte-blanche ridicule - akin to how Nazism is ridiculed.

All these things you state as fact are lies.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #97 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 7:04pm

freediver wrote on Feb 9th, 2020 at 8:32am:
You said it was baseless. You sated this as fact. Are you now saying you were lying? Do you still think you are infallible?

Don't overthink it FD. You are making your head hurt, I can tell.

Your claim "you could not be more hypocritical on this" is what is baseless. Hence 'baseless slur'. I explained why. Feel free to read it again. I'd rather you did that instead of playing another round of 'make gandalf repeat himself ad-infinitum'.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #98 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 7:07pm

Quote:
Your claim "you could not be more hypocritical on this" is what is baseless. Hence 'baseless slur'. I explained why.

So the facts that it was based on cease to exist as soon as you state as fact that you are blind to them?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #99 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 8:13pm

It was based on the "fact" that apparently its hypocritical to argue that mocking Islam can have adverse consequences to muslim people - particularly women - because Islam itself is already bad for muslim women.

To you that might be "fact", but to everyone else its a non sequitur. Or in plain English, bullshit.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #100 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 9:18pm

It's hypocritical to trot out the "but what about the women" line in defense of Islam. This "baseless" claim is based on the millions of women around the world who suffer grinding oppression because of Islam, which you apparently agree with.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Feb 22nd, 2020 at 12:59am

freediver wrote on Feb 20th, 2020 at 9:18pm:
It's hypocritical to trot out the "but what about the women" line in defense of Islam. This "baseless" claim is based on the millions of women around the world who suffer grinding oppression because of Islam, which you apparently agree with.

FD, do you fight for the right for Muslim women to blame Islam?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print