Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Malaysians jailed for skipping prayers (Read 8470 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Malaysians jailed for skipping prayers
Reply #60 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 5:56pm

freediver wrote on Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:28pm:
Yes Gandalf. That's what I just said.

No FD, you just said your problem over the word identical is "not the real issue":

freediver wrote on Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:07pm:
Quote:
Apparently the *real* issue here is you objecting to the use of the word "identical"

That's not the real issue. It is your idiotic strawman

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #61 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 7:31pm

Correct. It's the idiotic strawman you keep bringing up to avoid the real issues.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 4:23pm

Quote:
Every monday morning Sister Grace, my yr 3 teacher  used to ask every student in the class if they went to mass the day before, if the answer was no, she'd pull your hair at the nape of your neck as punishment ..

as an 8 yr old i went where my parents told me. She should have pulled their hair if she had an issue with it,but that would require her to stand up to those the same size as her, something her faith wasn't strong enough for her to attempt.

and you couldn't bullshit her ......... she knew what the sermon was about and would quiz you .. say you were there and get her question on the sermon wrong and it was three yanks of the hair.

Matthew 15:9  But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mark 7:7  Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men

Matthew 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Matthew 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

I've got a feeling these verses pretty much describe the situation.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 4:25pm

moses wrote on Jan 5th, 2020 at 4:23pm:
Quote:
Every monday morning Sister Grace, my yr 3 teacher  used to ask every student in the class if they went to mass the day before, if the answer was no, she'd pull your hair at the nape of your neck as punishment ..

as an 8 yr old i went where my parents told me. She should have pulled their hair if she had an issue with it,but that would require her to stand up to those the same size as her, something her faith wasn't strong enough for her to attempt.

and you couldn't bullshit her ......... she knew what the sermon was about and would quiz you .. say you were there and get her question on the sermon wrong and it was three yanks of the hair.

Matthew 15:9  But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mark 7:7  Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men

Matthew 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Matthew 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

I've got a feeling these verses pretty much describe the situation.

where's the verse 'do as I preach, not as I do'?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 4:28pm

I don't think Christ said that did He?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 6:11pm

moses wrote on Jan 5th, 2020 at 4:28pm:

that seems to be the gist of many of the representatives of Christ .. afterall, they claim to speak for him and  spread his word. Do you mean they don't believe the tripe they preach?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jan 6th, 2020 at 3:40pm

@ J.S.
Quote:
that seems to be the gist of many of the representatives of Christ .. afterall, they claim to speak for him and  spread his word. Do you mean they don't believe the tripe they preach?

They believe it.

But the truth is it's their thoughts and teachings, which are the antithesis of what Christ thought and taught.

There are verses which warn that this exact same thing will happen.

Men will produce their own commands as the doctrine.

There are also verses which quiet clearly state that they are not accepted by Christ.

So my argument that muslims who commit atrocities are obeying the teachings of muhammad, while men who commit atrocities are disobeying the teachings of Christ, still stands.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #67 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:52am

freediver wrote on Jan 4th, 2020 at 7:31pm:
Correct. It's the idiotic strawman you keep bringing up to avoid the real issues.

Right so it is the "real issue" then. Thanks for clarifying you contradicted yourself.

But just so we're clear, do you think its unfair and an "idiotic strawman" that I use the word "identical" when I point out that you literally say that every single muslim on earth are as one in supporting genocide? You don't think the use of 'identical' is warranted in this context?

I mean you do understand that I'm not accusing you of saying that all muslims are literally identical biological clones right?

Or in other words, is it really overstepping the mark to use the word 'indentical' - in the sense that 'all muslims are "identical" in supporting genocide'? I mean you do flatly refuse to consider the possibility that there is a single muslim alive somewhere in the world who doesn't actually support genocide.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #68 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 10:33am

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:52am:
I mean you do flatly refuse to consider the possibility that there is a single muslim alive somewhere in the world who doesn't actually support genocide.

Problem is the Koran does. The other problem is most religions also support ‘holy’ wars.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #69 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 10:38am

moses wrote on Jan 5th, 2020 at 4:28pm:

Can we please put aside the delusion we know everything Christ said with any certainty? Those who wan’t to claim such knowledge, and regard same sex love as evil, should ask themselves why the New Testament carries no reference of Christ ever mentioning the subject.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #70 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 10:58am

Quote:
But just so we're clear, do you think its unfair and an "idiotic strawman" that I use the word "identical" when I point out that you literally say that every single muslim on earth are as one in supporting genocide?

It is incorrect, and an idiotic strawman.

Quote:
Or in other words, is it really overstepping the mark to use the word 'indentical' - in the sense that 'all muslims are "identical" in supporting genocide'?

They are also 'identical' in that they have two eyes and a nose. What is it with Muslims and changing the meaning of words constantly?

Quote:
I mean you do flatly refuse to consider the possibility that there is a single muslim alive somewhere in the world who doesn't actually support genocide.

This is also incorrect.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #71 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 12:50pm

freediver wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 10:58am:
Quote:

This is also incorrect.

Are you now saying your idiotic statement "all muslims support genocide", as well as the 50+ pages of refusing to back down on it, may have actually been false?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #72 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 1:05pm

I suggested you give an example of a Muslim who does not support genocide. This implies the theoretical possibility that one exists.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #73 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 1:43pm

You seriously don't get it do you FD?

Is the statement "all muslims support genocide" correct or not? It actually can't be both. If you really accept that there is a "theoretical possibility that one exists" then you de facto accept that the statement is BS. It would then become something like "I expect all muslims support genocide" or "as far as I know all muslims support genocide". Your statement leaves no room for it being otherwise. How can you not see this?

You are effectively saying that you can make such a statement and simultaneously insist that its correct as well as possibly wrong at the same time. Its just bonkers.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #74 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 1:47pm

Quote:
Is the statement "all muslims support genocide" correct or not?

It seems that way, doesn't it? Though contrary to your misrepresentation, I have acknowledged the theoretical possibility that I am wrong right from the beginning, as well as how easy it would be for you to prove me wrong, if the evidence was there.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print