Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Malaysians jailed for skipping prayers (Read 8535 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Malaysians jailed for skipping prayers
Reply #45 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 2:34pm

Quote:
You don't seriously believe that FD. Lets be honest here. The word "Islam" alone is enough in your book. You never see anything past that. *ALL* muslims support genocide FD, doesn't matter if they are Indonesian or Malaysian - we're all the same, remember?

True but irrelevant. I never argues they are identical.

Quote:
Lets not get carried away with this idea that gandalf has been holding on to the idea of 'progressive Malaysia' as an article of faith right up until yesterday FD. I probably referenced Malaysia as a 'progressive' Islamic country maybe once or twice, if at all, when I first joined this forum over 7 years ago. It was actually Brian pushing the idea far more rigorously. I'm pretty confident I haven't referenced in any way Malaysia as "progressive" in at least 6 years.

So what made you change your mind?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #46 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 11:32am

freediver wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 2:34pm:
True but irrelevant. I never argues they are identical

You think all muslims are identical FD, that is whats relevant here. We've seen more than enough evidence for that - when you glibly label the entire global muslim population to a man woman and child as genocide supporters, when you take a quote from a single muslim  you consider incriminating and ascribe it to "muslims" en masse, when you come up with statements like "muslims are lazy" - clearly deliberately avoiding any qualfiers like "some" or "many" - etc etc.

Everything bad that happens in a muslim country is because of Islam, if anything good happens it is due to the absense of Islam. Thats your starting point. Any nuances that might come after that is secondary to your core argument that Islam is to blame for everything.

freediver wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 2:34pm:
So what made you change your mind?

I'm not sure I did. This portrayal of gandalf holding up Malaysia as a progressive  Islamic country has been greatly exaggerated. Like I said, if I said anything along those lines it was years ago and almost certainly heavilly qualified. But I frankly can't remember what I said. Feel free to dig up what I actually said and we can go from there.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:35pm

Quote:
You think all muslims are identical FD

This is just another idiotic strawman you use to avoid addressing the real issues. If I thought they were identical, I would say they were identical. Each Muslim is a unique and special individual, deficient in their own particular way.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #48 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:57pm

freediver wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 1:35pm:
Each Muslim is... deficient

Are you deliberately digging your own grave FD?

Perhaps you can give us an encore of your "all muslims support genocide" rendition to further strengthen your case.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #49 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 2:07pm

It is an error of logic on your part.

For example, all Nazis support Nazism. This does not mean they are all identical. It just means they have something in common. Likewise, all Muslims support genocide. This does not mean they are identical.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #50 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 2:45pm

And all muslims support Islam, which means submission to God. Thats why we call them "muslim" (simply means a 'doer' of Islam) believe it or not - the same reason we call believers of nazism "nazis". We don't however, in the same way, call someone 'muslim' as a by-word for supporting genocide. At least no reasonable person does. Your analogy couldn't be more absurd.

You are attempting to sanitise your own bigoted words by trying to pretend that labelling every muslim man woman and child a genocide supporter, and now "deficient" - is no different to saying they all hold some vaguely defined political view.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 5:19pm

All muslims regard the qur'an as the perfect inerrant word of allah.

The qur'an causes and motivates terrorism, rape torture and mass murder in the name of allah.

If you support the cause, you by definition support the engendered terrorism, rape, torture and mass murder.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #52 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 6:58pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 2:45pm:
And all muslims support Islam, which means submission to God. Thats why we call them "muslim" (simply means a 'doer' of Islam) believe it or not - the same reason we call believers of nazism "nazis". We don't however, in the same way, call someone 'muslim' as a by-word for supporting genocide. At least no reasonable person does. Your analogy couldn't be more absurd.

You are attempting to sanitise your own bigoted words by trying to pretend that labelling every muslim man woman and child a genocide supporter, and now "deficient" - is no different to saying they all hold some vaguely defined political view.

I was trying to point out the error of logic behind your idiotic strawman that you keep using to avoid the real issues. Do you get it yet? Or do I need to keep explaining? I hope you understand that I am reluctant to simply move on assuming you understand, seeing as how you keep falling back on it.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #53 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:01pm

freediver wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 6:58pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 2:45pm:

I was trying to point out the error of logic behind your idiotic strawman that you keep using to avoid the real issues. Do you get it yet? Or do I need to keep explaining? I hope you understand that I am reluctant to simply move on assuming you understand, seeing as how you keep falling back on it.

I guess I don't get it FD. Apparently it is not an issue for you that you smear the entire muslim population to a man woman and child as genocide supporters and now, every single individual as "deficient in their own particular way". It also doesn't seem to be an issue that you dismiss such blatant stereotyping as no different to ascribing political beliefs to individuals. Apparently the *real* issue here is you objecting to the use of the word "identical" when I merely point out that you literally say that every single muslim on earth are as one in supporting genocide.

And besides that, you portray muslims as a mindless collective at every opportunity. Like when you take a single quote of one individual and dishonestly ascribe it to "muslims" en masse.

Sorry if I keep insisting these, and not your idiotic semantic quibbling over words like 'identical', are the "real issues".

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #54 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:07pm

Quote:
Apparently the *real* issue here is you objecting to the use of the word "identical"

That's not the real issue. It is your idiotic strawman that you keep bringing up to avoid the real issue. Instead of addressing what I actually post, you make something up instead, such as that I think they are identical. Something you won't flounder with. You do this regularly.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #55 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:26pm

I thought me accusing you of calling all muslims identical was the "idiotic strawman". Is it not?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #56 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 12:28pm

Yes Gandalf. That's what I just said.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 1:24pm

Re: the OP

as said previously, it's not that long ago that Christians were imprisoned and otherwise punished for failing to attend church

In living memory, Christians put men in prison and imprisoned and enslaved Australian couples for having sexual intercourse prior to marriage.  Their babies were sold by Christian priests and clergy and the couples were prevented from locating their biological child

Christians routinely murdered, raped, tortured children and the only punishment imposed on the rapists and killers was to be moved to another location in order they could continue their perversions and sadism

Western media routinely features photos and video of muslims being publicly whipped for their alleged transgressions

a bit of public whipping with rests in between seems far more mentally healthy than dragging a newborn out of some terrified teenager in order to sell or kill it after enslaving its young mother for profit for months and while the newborn's father is being bashed and raped in prison

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 3:44pm

One undisputed fact in the history of mankind is:

muslims who commit atrocities against the unbeliever, corrupter and hypocrites are directly obeying the teachings of muhammad.

Every single person who committed atrocities against their fellow man, is/was disobeying the words and teachings of Christ.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jan 4th, 2020 at 4:53pm

PZ547 wrote on Jan 4th, 2020 at 1:24pm:
as said previously, it's not that long ago that Christians were imprisoned and otherwise punished for failing to attend church

Every monday morning Sister Grace, my yr 3 teacher  used to ask every student in the class if they went to mass the day before, if the answer was no, she'd pull your hair at the nape of your neck as punishment ..

as an 8 yr old i went where my parents told me. She should have pulled their hair if she had an issue with it,but that would require her to stand up to those the same size as her, something her faith wasn't strong enough for her to attempt.

and you couldn't bullshit her ......... she knew what the sermon was about and would quiz you .. say you were there and get her question on the sermon wrong and it was three yanks of the hair. Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print