Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Malaysians jailed for skipping prayers (Read 8473 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Malaysians jailed for skipping prayers
Reply #90 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:25pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:19pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 26th, 2020 at 1:29pm:
I am well aware that you keep saying this, but to me it looks no different to any other statement I make.

Good God.

Here's a little exercise FD - try coming up with a definition of "stating as fact" in which the claim "all muslims support genocide" cannot be used as an example. Try and come up with an example that you think does fit the bill, and attempt to explain why that fits but "all muslims support genocide" doesn't.

So when you say that you acknowledge the theoretical possibility that you are wrong, this only applies to those statements you issue with a caveat that there is a theoretical possibility that you are wrong?

umm.. yes FD. How could it be anything else?

Again, you are not having difficulty with this. It simply isn't possible. You are deliberately pretending you are stupid in order to avoid conceding a point. How embarassing.

Like I keep telling you Gandalf, it is meaningless gibberish. I only ask what you mean by it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #91 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:15pm

freediver wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:25pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:19pm:
I am well aware that you keep saying this, but to me it looks no different to any other statement I make.

Good God.

Here's a little exercise FD - try coming up with a definition of "stating as fact" in which the claim "all muslims support genocide" cannot be used as an example. Try and come up with an example that you think does fit the bill, and attempt to explain why that fits but "all muslims support genocide" doesn't.

So when you say that you acknowledge the theoretical possibility that you are wrong, this only applies to those statements you issue with a caveat that there is a theoretical possibility that you are wrong?

umm.. yes FD. How could it be anything else?

Again, you are not having difficulty with this. It simply isn't possible. You are deliberately pretending you are stupid in order to avoid conceding a point. How embarassing.

Like I keep telling you Gandalf, it is meaningless gibberish. I only ask what you mean by it.

FD can you give us your definition of 'stating as fact' and explain to us why the statement "all muslims support genocide" doesn't fit?

Then can you give us an example of a statement that does fit?

Are there any situations you can envisage in which uttering "all muslims support genocide" could be stating as fact that all muslims support genocide?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #92 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:21pm

Sure. Let me dumb it down for you even more:

Stating as fact = meaningless gibberish

Now, what do you mean when you use the term?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #93 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:20pm

what do I mean when I say something is stated as fact?

Gosh FD, can you take a wild stab? I literally can't dumb it down any more than repeating the same words - to "state something as fact". Are you keeping up? Is it still too 'gibberish' for you?

How about we dumb it down even more, and answer the actual question shall we?

How is saying "all muslims support genocide" not stating something as fact? Again, take your time.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #94 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:48pm

As far as I can tell, it means you think you are infallible, and unless others  share you self-delusion, you insist they should not say anything.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:15pm

freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:48pm:
As far as I can tell, it means you think you are infallible, and unless others  share you self-delusion, you insist they should not say anything.

Ah. Muslim censorship again. He's got you there, G.

When you point out an FD porkie, that's censorship, so unfair.

No one has the right to not be offended, no?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #96 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:46pm

Not say anything eh?

I only said about a thousand times there were many different ways you could have expressed your claim that would have been perfectly legitimate. The exact examples I suggested (repeatedly) I believe were "It makes sense that all muslims support genocide" and "Its logical that all muslims support genocide". You could also use "Its possible that all muslims support genocide.  Notice how none of these, unlike your statement, is stating as fact that every single muslim on earth do in fact support genocide.

Do you still need help in deciphering what "stating something as fact" means? Or is common bloody sense back from the pub by now?

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 1:46pm

Indonesia: Multiple arrests of couples on Valentine’s Day, “These social illnesses must be prevented”
FEB 14, 2020

“Allah did not create man so that he could have fun. The aim of creation was for mankind to be put to the test through hardship and prayer. An Islamic regime must be serious in every field. There are no jokes in Islam. There is no humor in Islam. There is no fun in Islam. There can be no fun and joy in whatever is serious.” — Ayatollah Khomeini

Makassar’s acting mayor Muhammad Iqbal Samad Suhae insisted the measures were necessary to prevent his city from being paralysed by rampant sex and drug use.

‘Festivities like Valentine’s Day usually attract youth,’ he added.

‘That’s when they are out of control and doing things which violate our norms and traditions, like consuming drugs and engaging in free sex.

‘We want to prevent that here.’…

Remember islam was formulated by muhammad, who had to sit down to pee or wet himself, his dick dribbled, Aisha records that she had to remove the stains from his robes, well life probably was not much fun for him so why should other people lead a normal life?

The thing is that today 2020 muslims simply will not wake up and tell the truth about islam.

Consequently they are a drag on humanity with their backwardness and degeneracy.

muslims must have huge intellectual problems if they can't see how malevolent islam is.

That in it'self is a major concern for the rest of us, but add to that the fact that there many *moderate* muslims and lunatic leftard apologists who do know about the depravity in the qur'an, but they simply prefer the daily degenerate human rights atrocities being committed by muslims around the globe, over honestly trying to purge the evil in their doctrine and stopping these atrocities.

The reason they won't try is, because they know such honest actions would also destroy islam.

So we are stuck with backwardness terrorism rape torture and mass murder, until we can get the *moderates* and loony leftards to stop lying and tell the truth about islam.

This is the only real answer and must be pursued relentlessly to bring some safety and sanity into civilization.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #98 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 4:22pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:46pm:

Not say anything eh?

I only said about a thousand times there were many different ways you could have expressed your claim that would have been perfectly legitimate. The exact examples I suggested (repeatedly) I believe were "It makes sense that all muslims support genocide" and "Its logical that all muslims support genocide". You could also use "Its possible that all muslims support genocide.  Notice how none of these, unlike your statement, is stating as fact that every single muslim on earth do in fact support genocide.

Do you still need help in deciphering what "stating something as fact" means? Or is common bloody sense back from the pub by now?

I think it is a rule you just invented, without realising at the time that you need a sense of infallibility to justify it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 11:57am

G's gone. FD. Why have you gone all quiet on Muslim slavery?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #100 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 7:15pm

Hi FD, I guess its been a while, you might have forgotton the basic point we were discussing. So I'll repeat it:

How is saying "all muslims support genocide" not stating something as fact?

No need to flail around with nonsense about imaginary infallibility complexes. Its a simple concept that you somehow haven't been able to fathom from the beginning - that saying "all muslims support genocide" is somehow not stating something as fact. That is your fundamental position in this sorry discussion. Why is this? How do you distinguish this claim from semantically identical 'no-brainer' statements like "Athens is a city in Greece"? Surely that can be passed as stating something as fact no? But somehow not "all muslims support genocide". Try for once explaining this FD. Go on, have a go. I'm genuinely interested how you rationalise this FD.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #101 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 7:28pm

Quote:
How is saying "all muslims support genocide" not stating something as fact?

It is stating something. "Stating something as fact" is a term you just made up. So whether it is "stating something as fact" is basically a tautological issue.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #102 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 7:54pm

so it is not a fact that all muslims support genocide then FD?

Are you saying I invented the word 'fact'?

Would you have a problem with the notion that saying "Athens is a city in Greece" is 'stating something as fact'? As opposed to say "Athens is probably in Greece"?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #103 - Feb 20th, 2020 at 9:11pm

Here is what I said Gandalf:

"Stating something as fact" is a term you just made up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print