Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
ANZAC Day lies (Read 6154 times)
random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

ANZAC Day lies
Dec 13th, 2019 at 3:55pm

Just been listening to a podcast about misinformation we are fed about wars.

Seems that there were no Turkish machine guns on the ANZAC day landing.  One landing had only 81 Turkish riflemen for 4000 Australian invaders.

ABC RN Myths of War.

There is other interesting bullshit too, happy to share some with you.  We commemorate some things that never happened.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:03pm by random »  

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ANZAC Day lies
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 3:59pm

What are you trying to achieve by opening this thread if I may ask?

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:05pm

I learned a few things, I would hate for my good mates to miss out.

Propaganda and misinformation is fascinating stuff don't you agree?

BTW, should the mods add a section when people start threads "What are you trying to achieve?"

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:09pm

random wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:05pm:
I learned a few things, I would hate for my good mates to miss out.

Propaganda and misinformation is fascinating stuff don't you agree?

BTW, should the mods add a section when people start threads "What are you trying to achieve?"

Obviously you are just trying to offend aussies. Most history is full of mistakes because the winner writes it. It's just what happens. And let's not forget that the Turks spent hundreds of years invading other countries. The ANZACS weren't the only invaders involved in ww1.

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:14pm

Another really interesting fact is that the really famous quote from Ataturk ...

"Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives ... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours ... You, the mothers who sent their sons from faraway countries, wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."

Is complete bullshit apparently!  Invented in the 1950's in a campaign to improve the standing of Turkey to western countries.

The shite we are taught at school!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:23pm

random wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:14pm:
Another really interesting fact is that the really famous quote from Ataturk ...

"Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives ... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours ... You, the mothers who sent their sons from faraway countries, wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."

Is complete bullshit apparently!  Invented in the 1950's in a campaign to improve the standing of Turkey to western countries.

This campaign was aimed at  securing the
Dardanelles so they could get supplies and troops on to the Russian front. So the allies could attack Germany from two directions. Turkey got in the way by allying  with a country (Germany) who was invading other peoples countries. It was for a good cause but just badly planned. Australia has learnt it's lesson by putting it's men under the command of British rich twits. Who don't value individual human beings. Especially poorer ones.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:24pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:31pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:23pm:

Dardanelles so they could get supplies and troops on to the Russian front. So the allies could attack Germany from two directions. Turkey got in the way by allying  with a country (Germany) who was invading other peoples countries. It was for a good cause but just badly planned. Australia has learnt it's lesson by putting it's men under the command of British rich twits. Who don't value individual human beings. Especially poorer ones.

So what about lies do you not understand?

Where did I comment or question the reasons they invaded?

There were no machine guns when they landed.  Ataturk did not write those words.  Increasingly our collective memory and history reads like a 1981 movie script.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:25pm

I don't think RANDOM is trying to purposely offend the ANZAC legends.
What he is showing is more 'Truth' emerging about our History beyond the glorifications of propaganda at work.
We deserve the Truth, for better or worse.
Probably why Trump tweets direct to the People and not 'processed' through the Media.

Truths are coming  out about Aboriginal Cultures and so too with our War efforts. I'm not in the least bit surprised that everything at Gallipoli wasn't all Shiny Buttons on the Uniform.
Watching the Vietnam Doco series currently and the 'truths' are emerging quite different to all the previous stuff we have been fed for decades.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:27pm

random wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 3:55pm:
Just been listening to a podcast about misinformation we are fed about wars.

Seems that there were no Turkish machine guns on the ANZAC day landing.  One landing had only 81 Turkish riflemen for 4000 Australian invaders.

ABC RN Myths of War.

There is other interesting bullshit too, happy to share some with you.  We commemorate some things that never happened.

I am almost sure the Turks would have put history straight by now... if your podcast is correct..

why do you believe that and not the history books?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:29pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:25pm:
What he is showing is more 'Truth' emerging about our History beyond the glorifications of propaganda at work.
Probably why Trump tweets direct to the People and not 'processed' through the Media.

Truths are coming  out about Aboriginal Cultures and so too with our War efforts. I'm not in the least bit surprised that everything at Gallipoli wasn't all Shiny Buttons on the Uniform.
Watching the Vietnam Doco series currently and the 'truths' are emerging quite different to all the previous stuff we have been fed for decades.

how do you tell truths from untruths jason?...

do you swing a pendulum over the stories...

to get to the bottom of it.???

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:33pm

cods wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:29pm:
Jasin wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:25pm:

how do you tell truths from untruths jason?...

do you swing a pendulum over the stories...

to get to the bottom of it.???

Most of these Truths are coming out from years of Research.
Just like an Australian Producer had to work hard to hack through the Media archives to show that the USA was supporting Pinoche in Chile - under the table, while condemning him over the table via the Media and how the Media 'edited' much footage to 'reverse' the truth, especially in Venezuela.

The people of the world are getting serious and angry. Riots, Protests and Social Media action. They want the Truth and they want it to be taken seriously - even if Politics and Military are in the way of 'everyone' on this Planet living the Truth.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:41pm

random wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:31pm:

There were no machine guns when they landed.  Ataturk did not write those words.  Increasingly our collective memory and history reads like a 1981 movie script.

You said they were invaders. That's debatable.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:45pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:41pm:
random wrote on Dec 13th, 2019 at 4:31pm:

You said they were invaders. That's debatable.

Yes it is.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Dec 13th, 2019 at 5:46pm

But when you suddenly get two interpretations or evidences, etc.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print