Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Tesla on Black Friday. 😂 (Read 6835 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tesla on Black Friday. 😂
Dec 6th, 2019 at 11:26am

Quote:
Chaos in California as Tesla drivers are stranded for hours in a half-a-mile-long line to charge their cars on Black Friday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7755753/amp/Chaos-California-Tesla-driv...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Tesla on Black Friday. 😂
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:15am

Well anyone could see this coming when a few more of these useless electric toy cars get about and take at least half an hour to recharge. Queues lasting up to 3 hours will be commonplace.

And free charging will end and an equivalent road tax based on distance traveled will come in.

And after a few more crashes and fires the insurance for a toy electric car will skyrocket.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 8:32pm

A Tesla lastnail could afford to own

Quote:
You Can Create Your Very Own Paper Tesla Cybertruck

A paper engineer and graphic designer has shared their foldable paper truck instructions for those who can't wait to get their own Cybertruck.

It seems like Tesla's Cybertruck bonanza will never end. Today, we're grateful for it as graphic designer and paper engineer, Alex Gwynne, recently shared their paper Cybertruck instructions on their website.

It's stylish, looks cool, and is a little bit more affordable than the actual Cybertruck. Ok, so it's in fact free.

https://interestingengineering.com/you-can-create-your-very-own-paper-tesla-cybe...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 10:30am

Beats taking it up the arse at the fool bowser Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 10:52am

juliar wrote on Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:15am:
Well anyone could see this coming.....

.....half a mile away!  Grin

Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 10:30am:
Beats taking it up the arse at the fool bowser Wink

Who's the fool - the person who fills up a gas guzzler for $80 and spends no more than 10 minutes at the petrol station or the person who recharges their EV for $20 but spends more than 3 hours at a "super" charging station doing so? If your time is worth how much you earn in net pay per hour, then the Tesla driver is the fool. If a Tesla driver has a job earning $50 per hour net then he's just wasted more than $150 waiting for his vehicle to be fully recharged. In addition:

-  the Tesla will go half the distance as the gas guzzler of equivalent size.
- you're a fool going out to Black Friday sales in the first place, regardless of what you drive.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2020 at 9:43am

And the cost of Tesla toy cars will rise soon with road tax being applied on distance traveled and electricity charges will rise dramatically.  And insurance cost will rise dramatically as so many of these unsafe heaps crash.

And the callous brutes who drive these heaps support Child Slavery in the cobalt mines in the Congo.

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Feb 11th, 2020 at 11:47pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 10:30am:
Beats taking it up the arse at the fool bowser

Not really.  A Tesla costs about $90,000.00 more than a comparable petrol engined car.  It would take at least ten years of driving before you came close to spending that much on fuel.  And that's after 10 years of depreciation on your Tesla

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2020 at 8:30am

And waiting 10 days in queues at the electric charger.

In the bushfire areas areas still without power wouldn't it be hysterical waiting to get the electric pile of junk recharged ?

And there is nothing quite like cruising along in your range anxiety Tesla toy car when the suspension breaks and a wheel falls off. Especially if you are hurtling along in busy traffic on the freeway and you have a spectacular CRASH!!!!

Tesla goes wobble wobble whomp whomp snap thud screech CRASH!!!!!

« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2020 at 8:40am by juliar »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2020 at 6:00pm

yeah ... cause there are never queues at petrol stations ... and petrol cars never run out of gas Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #9 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 9:49pm

juliar wrote on Feb 14th, 2020 at 8:30am:
And there is nothing quite like cruising along in your range anxiety Tesla toy car when the suspension breaks and a wheel falls off. Especially if you are hurtling along in busy traffic on the freeway and you have a spectacular CRASH!!!!

To be fair though, petrol engined cars can also fail in this manner,, on occasions.

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #10 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 9:58pm

John Smith wrote on Feb 14th, 2020 at 6:00pm:
yeah ... cause there are never queues at petrol stations ... and petrol cars never run out of gas

I only ever see queues at petrol stations that sell petrol at greatly discounted rates.

I had to fill up my tank at Eaglehawk, on the Federal Highway after I left Canberra on the way back to Sydney this afternoon, and there was no queue at all.  The last time I recall queueing up for petrol was years ago, when there was a petrol strike on (and how many years ago was that?).

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 11:27pm

Wolseley wrote on Feb 16th, 2020 at 9:58pm:
I only ever see queues at petrol stations that sell petrol at greatly discounted rates.

so there are queues at petrol stations, and there are usually a dozen petrol stations within a couple of city blocks. How many chatge stations by comparison? any wonder there are queues.

The last time I recall queueing up for petrol was years ago, when there was a petrol strike on (and how many years ago was that?).

i queue up almost every time i go to fill up.  Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Feb 17th, 2020 at 1:17am

John Smith wrote on Feb 16th, 2020 at 11:27pm:
[quote author=Wolseley link=1575595584/10#10 date=1581854280] The last time I recall queueing up for petrol was years ago, when there was a petrol strike on (and how many years ago was that?).

i queue up almost every time i go to fill up.

You must be doing something wrong then.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 17th, 2020 at 3:41pm

The thing is it takes a LOT LONGER (at least half an hour) to recharge an electric heap of junk than it does to refuel a petrol or diesel vehicle.

Now there are only a tiny number of these electric piles of junk and they ALREADY have waiting times at recharge points.

There are thousands more petrol and diesel vehicles running around which can refuel in 10 minutes and while there are some queues at busy stations generally the wait is quite short.

And Woolys your knowledge of Teslas is very little otherwise you would know that Tesla have a DESIGN FAULT where the suspension breaks after a while and a wheel falls off.

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #14 - Feb 18th, 2020 at 9:12pm

juliar wrote on Feb 17th, 2020 at 3:41pm:
And Woolys your knowledge of Teslas is very little otherwise you would know that Tesla have a DESIGN FAULT where the suspension breaks after a while and a wheel falls off.

You jumped in to attack without thinking as usual.  I have heard of the problems Teslas are having with suspension (often referred to using the ridiculously childish description of "whompy wheels"). There are plenty of instances of design or manufacturing flaws in petrol engined cars as well (which was the point I was trying to make), some of which the manufacturers have tried to cover up rather than admitting that anything is wrong (the Ford Pinto debacle in the US is probably the worst example in recent times).

Tesla's business practices when dealing with complaints do, however, mark the company out as being pretty much the worst of a bad bunch.  Why anyone would buy any car made by a company like this and sold at inflated prices is beyond me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print