Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
dryest November on record (Read 1514 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
dryest November on record
Dec 1st, 2019 at 8:24am

Lot of brown grass around, or bare dirt in some cases.

Queensland’s Driest November on Record from Cape York to the NSW Border (and beyond)

https://www.weatherwatch.net.au/weather/queenslands-driest-november-on-record-from-cape-york-to-the-nsw-border-and-beyond/?fbclid=IwAR3gMQL9QlKszMQYEqZw_ENKGmCLD7nq-hQgsnGD3jCWT6DbEC-9BEylm5c

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: dryest November on record
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 8:41am

The Riverina had just come out of a 10 year drought period before 2011, where it experienced a flood for the first time in 42 years. I was there. 2011 to 2015 basically provided much rainfall, that it looked like Tolkien's 'Shire' - things were so green, the food production was bountiful.

Of course, the Farmers still called it a 'Drought'.
Now it hardly rains much, but because of their Irrigation Canal set-up, they are still hanging in there - just.
Before 2011, many towns lost much population.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 8:18pm

freediver wrote on Dec 1st, 2019 at 8:24am:
Lot of brown grass around, or bare dirt in some cases.

Queensland’s Driest November on Record from Cape York to the NSW Border (and beyond)

https://www.weatherwatch.net.au/weather/queenslands-driest-november-on-record-from-cape-york-to-the-nsw-border-and-beyond/?fbclid=IwAR3gMQL9QlKszMQYEqZw_ENKGmCLD7nq-hQgsnGD3jCWT6DbEC-9BEylm5c

https://www.weatherwatch.net.au/weather/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Slide2-2-1024...

https://www.weatherwatch.net.au/weather/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Slide6-2-1024...

Record rainfall and widespread flooding
In 2010, Australia experienced its third-wettest year since national rainfall
records began in 1900
, with second place taken by 2011. Averaged across Australia, both years experienced rainfall well above the long-term average of 465 mm – 703 mm in 2010 and 708 mm in 2011.

Only 1974, dominated by one of the strongest La Niña events on record, was wetter with 760 mm. 2010 was also the wettest year on record for the Murray– Darling Basin and Queensland, while 2011 was the wettest year on record for Western Australia.

During the 2010–11 La Niña, most of Australia experienced significantly higher than average rainfall over the nine months from July 2010 to March 2011. Parts of Tasmania also received heavy rainfall while southwest Western Australia missed out, remarkably experiencing its driest year on record. A number of new Australian rainfall records were set: wettest September, December and March on record and second-wettest October and February. May to October 2010 was the wettest 'dry' season on record in northern Australia, and July to December 2010 was the wettest second half of the year on record for Australia as a whole.

Several seasonal records were also set: wettest spring on record for Australia, and all States except Victoria and Tasmania; wettest summer on record for Victoria; and second-wettest summer on record for Western Australia and Australia as a whole.

While the 2010–11 La Niña event was costly in an economic and social sense, it relieved one of the longest and most severe droughts across the Murray– Darling Basin in recorded history. Heavy rain provided a significant boost to water storages in Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia. Nationally, water held in major publicly owned storages rose by more than 20 per cent between May 2010 and May 2011.

During the 2011–12 La Niña, rainfall was above average for most of mainland Australia for the six months from October 2011 to March 2012, but not as much above average as for the 2010–11 event. Nevertheless, several rainfall records were set: second-wettest November and spring on record for Western Australia, and second-wettest March for New South Wales.

Combined, the two events yielded Australia's wettest 24-month period on record (April 2010 to March 2012), and wettest two-calendar year period (2010–2012). The record rainfall of 1411 mm in 2010–2011 beat the previous record of 1407 mm from 1973–1974.

Widespread flooding
The record-breaking rainfall during the 2010–11 La Niña led to widespread flooding in many regions between September 2010 and March 2011. As well as the severe flooding in southeast Queensland, large areas of northern and western Victoria, New South Wales, northwestern Western Australia and eastern Tasmania were subject to significant flooding. There were also some highly unseasonable rain events in the tropics during what is typically its dry season.

Flooding was also widespread during the 2011–12 La Niña. Much of inland southern and far northern Queensland, most of New South Wales, northern Victoria, and central Australia experienced flooding at least once between late November 2011 and March 2012.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/enso/history/ln-2010-12/rainfall-flooding.shtml

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 10:18pm

They should not build anymore Cities or suburban sprawls until they modify them to become Water Process Plants via their Stormwater Drainage systems.
Stormwater is easy to treat.
They jump for joy when Warragamba gets a couple of inches in a month. When Sydney looses 20m worth from rains, out to sea.
All that Stormwater can be piped and canal'd across the State to any drought stricken areas.
Christ, it used to rain so march at Coffs Harbour and all of it could have been given to the inland Farmers.

I wonder if both the ALP & LNP are 'qualified' to have the last say on this?
I personally think both Parties should be 'ordered' to put their stamp of approval on it.
This is getting beyond a joke.

As a Koori once said "If you can make this land a better place, you are welcomed to it."

Kinda makes sense eh.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 10:39pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 1st, 2019 at 10:18pm:
They should not build anymore Cities or suburban sprawls until they modify them to become Water Process Plants via their Stormwater Drainage systems.
Stormwater is easy to treat.
They jump for joy when Warragamba gets a couple of inches in a month. When Sydney looses 20m worth from rains, out to sea.
All that Stormwater can be piped and canal'd across the State to any drought stricken areas.
Christ, it used to rain so march at Coffs Harbour and all of it could have been given to the inland Farmers.

I wonder if both the ALP & LNP are 'qualified' to have the last say on this?
I personally think both Parties should be 'ordered' to put their stamp of approval on it.
This is getting beyond a joke.

As a Koori once said "If you can make this land a better place, you are welcomed to it."

Kinda makes sense eh.

Storm water is full of dog turds -  YUCK.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 10:59pm

Rivers, creeks, lakes, resevoirs are all full of turds

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: driest November on record
Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 3:53pm

Even on a very dry year like we have had this year, our river is always flowing. I could leave the hose on in the front yard. It won't make a difference to water restrictions. But I have kept the yard unwatered.

We look set for the record lowest yearly rainfall. Unless we get at least 100mm of rainfall in the next 2 weeks, we can call this our driest year on record.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 3:59pm

Climate change hawkers claiming records being broken all over

and our fake government pretends to be unaware of HAARP and Chems and other geoengineering technology being used 24/7

wonder where the Chem plane pilots are from?

Would Aussies destroy this country simply to rack up flying hours and bonuses?  Some would I suppose.  But I suspect those running HAARP and the Chem dispersals are not Aussies. But of course, Oz government would claim, if it were to hit the headlines, that they had no idea foreigners were busily destroying this land.  No idea, folks.  Those foreigners must have slipped in somehow and evaded detection, even though they are filling chem-trail tanks around the clock.  Meaning huge deposits of poisons are stockpiled all around the nation.  But no idea folk, we had no idea this was happening because we've been frantically trying to stop a few leaking boats getting to our coasts and checking luggage at airports in case they contain minute trace elements of drugs

and don't anyone tell anyone else about the private dams here in Oz or how they came to be or who benefits or who took the back-handers and bulging brown paper bags/Aldi bags

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 6:02pm

PZ547 wrote on Dec 18th, 2019 at 3:59pm:
Climate change hawkers claiming records being broken all over

and our fake government pretends to be unaware of HAARP and Chems and other geoengineering technology being used 24/7

wonder where the Chem plane pilots are from?

Would Aussies destroy this country simply to rack up flying hours and bonuses?  Some would I suppose.  But I suspect those running HAARP and the Chem dispersals are not Aussies. But of course, Oz government would claim, if it were to hit the headlines, that they had no idea foreigners were busily destroying this land.  No idea, folks.  Those foreigners must have slipped in somehow and evaded detection, even though they are filling chem-trail tanks around the clock.  Meaning huge deposits of poisons are stockpiled all around the nation.  But no idea folk, we had no idea this was happening because we've been frantically trying to stop a few leaking boats getting to our coasts and checking luggage at airports in case they contain minute trace elements of drugs

and don't anyone tell anyone else about the private dams here in Oz or how they came to be or who benefits or who took the back-handers and bulging brown paper bags/Aldi bags

I think you need to read Dune.
You might find that Britain plays the 'Imperial Emperor',
USA plays the Harkonnens (Trump? Huh) and the C.H.O.A.M investment in this country is also played by the International Market cashing in here.

...so until Muad'Dib arrives on the scene. Nothing much is gonna happen in regards to Australians taking a dominating factor over the above mentioned. You're just a nation of exploitable criminals put to work here - for them. Shut up and get back to work.  Grin

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #9 - Jan 6th, 2020 at 2:21am

Driest year on record for Rockhampton.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2020 at 7:10am

Well, we gotta share El Nino with South America, they're coming out of drought and their recent fire in Chile was arson induced.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print