Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Should Australia adopt nuclear weapons? (Read 5819 times)
Brian Ross

Representative of me

Re: Should Australia adopt nuclear weapons?
Reply #45 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 9:57pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 30th, 2019 at 9:26pm:
Australia only helped the Timorese
in return for the Diamond Mines.

Diamond Mines?   Shocked

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 8:48am

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 30th, 2019 at 9:14pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 30th, 2019 at 7:15pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 29th, 2019 at 10:22pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 29th, 2019 at 6:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 28th, 2019 at 9:19pm:
And every time we've called on the US for help, they've knocked us back, despite us paying our premium in blood (Vietnam, Somalia, Afganistan, Iraq)...  Roll Eyes

Give us the examples of those' every times', Bwian. Go on.

1960 - West New Guinea dispute
1965 - Konfrontasi
1965 - South Vietnam
1975 - East Timor
1999 - East Timor

Roll Eyes

You risible, lying idiot!!!

Really?  In what way, Soren?  Is it 'cause you don't believe that the Australian Government asked for help from the US on those occasions?  Roll Eyes

You have not shown a single instance of the US knocking back Australia.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #47 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 2:04pm

Frank wrote on Dec 1st, 2019 at 8:48am:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 30th, 2019 at 9:14pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 30th, 2019 at 7:15pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 29th, 2019 at 10:22pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 29th, 2019 at 6:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 28th, 2019 at 9:19pm:
And every time we've called on the US for help, they've knocked us back, despite us paying our premium in blood (Vietnam, Somalia, Afganistan, Iraq)...  Roll Eyes

Give us the examples of those' every times', Bwian. Go on.

1960 - West New Guinea dispute
1965 - Konfrontasi
1965 - South Vietnam
1975 - East Timor
1999 - East Timor

Roll Eyes

You risible, lying idiot!!!

Really?  In what way, Soren?  Is it 'cause you don't believe that the Australian Government asked for help from the US on those occasions?  Roll Eyes

You have not shown a single instance of the US knocking back Australia.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #48 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 2:31pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 28th, 2019 at 1:14pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 28th, 2019 at 12:48pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Nov 28th, 2019 at 11:48am:
I think they would mainly act as a deterent to China attacking us!

I also think we should be developing Nuclear power as a reliable source of electricity especially as we have an abundance of Uranium this would also  enhance our Nuclear industry especially militarily.

I will post out all your white feathers before Christmas!

Mmm, where is China threatening to attacking us?

Let us be realistic here and leave all the hysteria behind.  China lacks for the next 10-15 years the ability to project it's power outside the China Sea (either north, south or west).   It does not have the airpower to support a sustained campaign five thousand kilometres from it's homeland.  It lacks the logistics to do so as well.  Most importantly, it doesn't have the ability to attack and take any capital city in Australia (at the moment).

Yes, it's power is growing but it is growing (as a direct threat to Australia) much slower than most people realise if they don't read the MSM tabloids.  China has not demonstrated the ability to undertake long-range cruises with it's navy beyond a few frigates.

Is that growth worth the billions of dollars that we would have to pay in order to build nuclear weapons?   Is it happening so fast that we need that deterrent immediately?

As for nuclear power, we don't need it.  We have more than sufficient renewable energy to last us nearly for ever.  It is cheaper than nuclear power and has no dangers of fall out or catastrophe.  It does not complicate our relationships with our neighbours.   It does not complicate our relationship with our allies or our "enemies".

If you are concerned about China's ICBMs (as Bobby is), then we should be putting money into "Star Wars" like counter-missile forces (not that they actually work all that well).   If you are that concerned about China's conventional forces, we should be putting money into counter ship missiles and weapons.   Neither causes the complications that nuclear weapons cause.

China is a danger, yes.  However, it is not a direct danger to Australia.  It is as a nation, more of a danger indirectly (ie politically).   We need to build up our cyber defences and of course, our political defences.   Not wasting money on nuclear power and/or weapons.

Maybe we could ask Neville Chamberlain to
get a piece of paper signed by Xi Jinping?

We need a piece of paper.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #49 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 3:53pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 1st, 2019 at 2:31pm:

I also think we should be developing Nuclear power as a reliable source of electricity especially as we have an abundance of Uranium this would also  enhance our Nuclear industry especially militarily.

Let us be realistic here and leave all the hysteria behind.  China lacks for the next 10-15 years the ability to project it's power outside the China Sea (either north, south or west).   It does not have the airpower to support a sustained campaign five thousand kilometres from it's homeland.  It lacks the logistics to do so as well.  Most importantly, it doesn't have the ability to attack and take any capital city in Australia (at the moment).

Yes, it's power is growing but it is growing (as a direct threat to Australia) much slower than most people realise if they don't read the MSM tabloids.  China has not demonstrated the ability to undertake long-range cruises with it's navy beyond a few frigates.

Is that growth worth the billions of dollars that we would have to pay in order to build nuclear weapons?   Is it happening so fast that we need that deterrent immediately?

As for nuclear power, we don't need it.  We have more than sufficient renewable energy to last us nearly for ever.  It is cheaper than nuclear power and has no dangers of fall out or catastrophe.  It does not complicate our relationships with our neighbours.   It does not complicate our relationship with our allies or our "enemies".

If you are concerned about China's ICBMs (as Bobby is), then we should be putting money into "Star Wars" like counter-missile forces (not that they actually work all that well).   If you are that concerned about China's conventional forces, we should be putting money into counter ship missiles and weapons.   Neither causes the complications that nuclear weapons cause.

China is a danger, yes.  However, it is not a direct danger to Australia.  It is as a nation, more of a danger indirectly (ie politically).   We need to build up our cyber defences and of course, our political defences.   Not wasting money on nuclear power and/or weapons.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 4:05pm

The easiest thing to do would be to ask the yanks to set up a bunch a missile facilities out here. The only problem is that it will probably set Indonesia off on getting nukes. And the world doesn't need that.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #51 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 10:23am

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 1st, 2019 at 4:05pm:
The easiest thing to do would be to ask the yanks to set up a bunch a missile facilities out here. The only problem is that it will probably set Indonesia off on getting nukes. And the world doesn't need that.

Why are you, like Bobby willing to surrender our sovereignty to a foreign power?

I suggest you read Des Ball's "Suitable Piece of Real Estate" for a quick history of how we once hosted many American bases.  Today, we have one - Pine Gap.  Hopefully, that like all the others will eventually be retired.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #52 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 10:28am

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 10:23am:

Why are you, like Bobby willing to surrender our sovereignty to a foreign power?

I suggest you read Des Ball's "Suitable Piece of Real Estate" for a quick history of how we once hosted many American bases.  Today, we have one - Pine Gap.  Hopefully, that like all the others will eventually be retired.

That's not surrendering soverignty.

Take your meds.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #53 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:29pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 10:28am:

Take your meds.

Both I and Des would differ on that, Bobby.   When you hand over part of your territory for use by another nation and they are expected to pay only a minimal ("peppercorn") rent, and you relinquish any ability for Australian law to apply within it's boundaries or for our Government to regulate what is happening there, you are handing over your sovereignty.   Basically you are surrendering control to a foreign power.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 1:21pm

Military is the biggest Real Estate business in the World.
War is the ultimate Racism.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #55 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:18pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:29pm:

Take your meds.

Both I and Des would differ on that, Bobby.   When you hand over part of your territory for use by another nation and they are expected to pay only a minimal ("peppercorn") rent, and you relinquish any ability for Australian law to apply within it's boundaries or for our Government to regulate what is happening there, you are handing over your sovereignty.   Basically you are surrendering control to a foreign power.  Roll Eyes

No - they would have a mission clearly defined by the Australian Govt.

- defend Australia.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #56 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:03pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:18pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:29pm:

Take your meds.

No - they would have a mission clearly defined by the Australian Govt.

- defend Australia.

A huge assumption there, Bobby, a huge one.  I recommend you read Des Ball's book.  It will prove rather illuminating to you.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:09pm

Sovereignty?? I didn't think that mattered anymore in this multicultural and globalist community we live in. Especially with your talk on treaties and all. We are a small mostly white country in a sea of Asian people brian. We are an outpost. The most isolated mostly white country on earth other than NZ.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #58 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:55pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:09pm:

Sovereignty?? I didn't think that mattered anymore in this multicultural and globalist community we live in. Especially with your talk on treaties and all. We are a small mostly white country in a sea of Asian people brian. We are an outpost. The most isolated mostly white country on earth other than NZ.

For a person who likes to rabbit on about how important Australia is, for Australians, Hammer, you appear only too willing to surrender that sovereignty.  Personally, I have always advocated that Australia stand on it's own two feet, as much as possible and eschew, as much as possible foreign entanglements.   Foreign entanglements invariably lead to foreign adventures.   I have personally worn a baggy green skin and been willing to go overseas and fight for my nation's sovereignty.  What have you done?  You don't even appear to understand what sovereignty is.

We have always been amongst a sea of Asians.  We have decided, as a society to invite them to live amongst us.  Your beliefs based upon "race" have been demonstrated to be both unpopular and foolish.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 5:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 1st, 2019 at 3:53pm:
Bobby. wrote on Dec 1st, 2019 at 2:31pm:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smil...

Once again you have been shown to be a liar, Bwian,   You have not shown a single instance of the US knocking back Australia.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print