Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How good is New Zealand (Read 2876 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

How good is New Zealand
Nov 26th, 2019 at 10:58am

New Zealand is great. Been there heaps of times.
No Trolls or Socks permitted though - they just get deleted.
It's a mini-version of the Media in the USA.

But New Zealand is part of the Media-like Oceania Region of the world that stretches from the Silver Fern of NZ to the Silverado of Central America and the Caribbean Islands.
Even Hawaii is seeking Independence from the USA, so as to be a part of the Oceanic Group more so.

Oceania - a region of seas and oceans with little 'islands' of respite.  Quite opposite to the Middle-East with its region of deserts and wastelands with little 'oasis's' of respite.

But there is a reason for this.  Wink But that's a long story for later.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: How good is New Zealand
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 11:20am

new-zealand-ms1.jpg (215 KB | 28 )
new-zealand-ms1.jpg

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:35am

Yes beautiful, scenic New Zealand.
I was looking back at the cruise ship thread, I said I had a booking to go on the Ovation of the Seas to New Zealand, well that’s been  done, and I have to say, that ship is too big with too many people for my liking (5000 passengers)
I won’t be going on a mega ship like that again.
Getting a table at lunch time or dinner time in the buffet was an absolute battle and we decided to just go to the formal lounge each time with A la carte menu. So much more peaceful. Thank goodness.
Trying to get a seat at the theatre, we had to line up 45 mins before we got seats. I never had that happen on any of the other cruise ships. So that’s the huge ship and passengers for you.
Oh, and if you don’t rush to get in early for shore excursions, it’s tough luck. I was considering that White Island walk on the rim of a live volcano excursion, of the helicopter ride over the mouth of the volcano. But was expensive. So didn’t do it, then a couple months later that horrible tragedy happened to those poor cruisers when the island erupted.
I loved Napier. So Art Deco. They had all these old fashioned cars and folks dressed up roaring 20s with photo opportunities with them near where the ship was.
We did a historical drive in a bus through the town and how they rebuilt the after that devastating earthquake.
I will put up some photos I took a little later.
I was astounded how many people were from the USA on board!
The tourism advert must be really effective for the Americans to fly into Sydney, and then go by ship to New Zealand.
I would say about 80% of the passengers were from the USA.
Kept finding myself asking which part of the USA they were from, literally from many different areas.
The ship had this North Star arm and it raises you high above the ship, giving you a real birds eye view.
I think you will like these photos I took, I’m on my iPhone typing now, when I’m in the desk top computer where the photos are, I will share a few Smiley
Night for now.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:02am

Sounds great LOLS.
Except the 'mass production' Cruise Liner.
It's like peak season - everyone crams into a small window of opportunity and lines up for hours.

5000 people is a lot!
2000 seems a more managable amount.

New Zealand gets a lot of people from the USA,
much like Canada gets a lot of Australians.

Although close to us, they are more like the USA - take their wages for instance.

I've been all over NZ, except the North Island Eastern side - like Napier.
I love ART DECO - it transcends time and to me, is the real 'American Style' like no other.
I lived in Leeton and along with Griffith, they have some great ART DECO out there in the Riverina.
But Australia is not like the USA or NZ - so the Councils don't really try to build upon the theme so much, like Napier does.

Stay away from Carnival Cruise Liner - apparently very noisy with kids.

But the Cruise Liner industry is waking up to the 'specialty' of their customers and there are now Liners for boring fuddy-duddy old people too.  Grin

I personally think the CEO of Pacific Explorer should have rocked up to EDEN during the Great Fire Catastrophe recently and gave the people of Eden a sense of safety and respite on it's decks just off-shore. Would have been sensational Promo and 'style'.

New Zealand Tourism is also not bogged down with legislation like it is here in Australia - where our Tourism Industry is much like the USA Health Industry (over-priced and expensive for what you get).
So they are more versatile in what they can offer you.

WHITE ISLAND: To me, it is a popular Dive destination and I would still dive around it. It's far safer than many other places and circumstances in the World. It's a Volcano - it can erupt. It was just a chance moment - that people died.
More die from avalanches, mud-slides, earthquakes and even big Wild Fire Catastrophies!

Look forward to your photos LOLS.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 5:34pm

All aboard folks...the North Star Arm for now (I was a bit of a junkie on this!) Smiley
All the different environmental effects.
Will post more excursion pics later.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 7:30pm

John Smith wrote on Feb 1st, 2020 at 6:12pm:
I wish jacinta was our PM

I don't doubt it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 7:37pm

There are too many Maoris in NZ.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 7:42pm

unfortunately, nothing good can come of NZ.  It's haunted.  The dead inhabit the living

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 7:58pm

Wow Lols. The Kiwi's look at all angles when running a good business.
Something like that wouldn't be allowed in Australia. Too much WH&S legislation.  Cheesy Gives a good novelty of perspective. Come a long way since just looking out of a port-hole.
Cruise Liners are so popular - can see why.
Great pics!
I was some km's out in the ocean today and it didn't look like that, more like Mordor with all the smoke.

I think the North Star Arm is a good idea.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #9 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 12:22am

I loved going on the North Star Arm, during different times of the day/night and weather conditions.
And many times I had to wait in line for about an hour because only so many people can go into the arm at a given time.
Then one day, we all got stuck in it, and I was the one asking the questions, "Has this happened before?", the answer was no.  Shocked

Next few photos (I have so many I don't know which ones to put in here) are of the ship, the robot drink machine, the captain at the helm, (we did a ship's tour) photos leaving Sydney. Lifesaver at the pool, entertainment on deck, tender boat being pulled up from the water after use etc.
oops the photos need to be resized, too big!
Be back later.
Back again.
In the last photo, it shows me wearing a "wow band" which is a RFID bracelet. Opens your door with a swipe, and so much more. You can look it up in google.
It's better than a sea pass card which is usually hanging on a lanyard around your neck, and if it's windy, it flips and hits you in the face...loll....
So the wow band was really cool, but not all Caribbean ships have it to use it again, and certainly no other ships have it. And I don't know if I will go on board this ship again with 5000 guests!
It cost an extra $5 US so thought I would try it.

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2020 at 12:49am by Sophia »  

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #10 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 1:10am

Random amazingly beautiful art inside ship on many walls on many decks, so many, but will put up just a few.
Next, posting tomorrow or next day will be flowers, do you all like flowers?
NZ has amazing beautiful rose gardens etc. with the fluffiest bees I have ever seen!!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 8:21am

Wow!
Great photos and yes, some great Art there.
Good to see these Liners cover as many bases as they can.

New Zealand is a part of Oceania and a world apart from Australia in regards to 'Recreation'.
Travel 10km in NZ and you see x100 things for half the price of Australia which is travel 100kms and see only x10 things at twice the price.

5000 people is a lot though.
Mind you - I think the people of Tuvalu (sinking islands) might be wise in investing in a 'Floating Island' Ocean Liner themselves.

Maybe they can do a 'water-tight' arm and dip people underwater so they can see the sights below. Milford Sound underwater is a real eye-opener as people can see what exists 400m down in just 20m due to the fresh water over-layer in the Sound.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #12 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 3:53pm

In Wellington, we went to Lady Norwood Rose Garden, and I saw the biggest fluffiest bee ever!  Shocked
I couldn't get over it, so adorably cute!

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2020 at 4:13pm by Sophia »  

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #13 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 5:57pm

A real fave place I fell in love with, Napier in NZ.

It has rebuilt beautifully, after the 1931 devastating earthquakes.
One feels like part of a family in Napier.
Art Deco, old cars, people dressed in 20's and 30's attire.
They came to farewell us, where the ship was docked, with cars, people dressed up and a band playing, was so uplifting!

Some photos of our little informative bus tour, and the view.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - May 15th, 2020 at 7:49pm

yes, Napier is one of the nicer areas of NZ

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print