Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 54
Send Topic Print
Senate Impeachment Trial (Read 32950 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Senate Impeachment Trial
Reply #600 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:35pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:30pm:
You didn't really think he was being serious, did you?

If I'm being punked so be it, but yes, I think he is.

It's scary the sort of derangement this requires to ignore so many of the facts and reality.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #601 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:42pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:35pm:

It's scary the sort of derangement this requires to ignore so many of the facts and reality.

Rich pretends the Russian hack didn't happen because of the download speed. He claims it had to be an inside job, the emails being loaded onto a physical drive.

You know, even though the DNC used multiple servers. And even though they found the email the Russians used to phish the password.

Now, really. Who would actually believe stuff like that? Who would argue it with a straight face?

It'll take at least 5 years to study this stuff, Sad. Rich is just following the master.

Cometh the hour, dear.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #602 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:00pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 12:31pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 11:50am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 11:16am:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 11:09am:
Now Trump has opened the door for the children of politicians being spied upon without a warrant and without DOJ authority by private investigators his children are in the firing line....The Trump spawn are no doubt up to their necks in corruption like their old man....How can anyone object to seeing the Trump children subjected to the same scrutiny as Hunter Biden!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I look forward to the absurd excuses as to why this shouldn't apply to Trump's children and their partners.

I'm playing the devil's advocate here, and trying to think of an excuse.

I can't think of one though.

aqua: should all of Trump's children be exempt from scrutiny, or just the ones he likes?

It's obvious, they'll just pretend that they didn't set the precedent with Hunter and act outraged.

Just like they did when Baron's name was mentioned, complaining that children should not be targeted, then went in full stream against Gretta.

They do love to attack that young girl, don't they?

Young girls, homosexuals, transsexuals, disabled people, cross-dressers, etc.

Trumps supporters would be the ones hiding under the tables if a bar fight ever broke out.

Cowards, just like Cadet Bone Spurs.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #603 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:27pm

Indeed!

Its not scary but sad.

Trump will be once again exonerated. Just another witch hunt to protect Washington corruption.

If Trump did put pressure on Ukraine (there is no proof he did) he was after all as President entitled too. No obligated! To make sure Americans tax dollars are being spent wisely.

The Democrats are out of control - deranged. There is work to be done in congress and they are only interested in impeachment. 

BTW: Sad, Karnal, Dead One, et all, never did apologize for banging on with total certainty for years about Trump and his supporters being agents of Russia.

Hope you find the courage to apologize this time.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #604 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:28pm

If Trump did put pressure on Ukraine (there is no proof he did) he was after all as President entitled too. No obligated! To make sure Americans tax dollars are being spent wisely.

Actually he isn't but thats cool

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #605 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:29pm

Richdude wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:27pm:

Indeed!

Its not scary but sad.

Trump will be once again exonerated. Just another witch hunt to protect Washington corruption.

The Democrats are out of control - deranged. There is work to be done in congress and they are only interested in impeachment. 

BTW: Sad, Karnal, Dead One, et all, never did apologize for banging on with total certainty for years about Trump and his supporters being agents of Russia.

Have you asked your local member to see if your medication can be put on the PBS?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #606 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 3:24pm

Indeed!

Its not scary but sad.

I agree, Rich. It started off all being a lie. Then it was true, but there was no quid-pro-quo. Now it's, well, okay there was a bit of quid-pro-quo, but that's Mr Trump's right in a free country.

You know, bribing a foreign government with military aid to announce an investigation into your political adversary is all good.

Just curious though, do you think this was Obama's right too?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #607 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 3:41pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 3:24pm:

Indeed!

Its not scary but sad.

I agree, Rich. It started off all being a lie. Then it was true, but there was no quid-pro-quo. Now it's, well, okay there was a bit of quid-pro-quo, but that's Mr Trump's right in a free country.

You know, bribing a foreign government with military aid to announce an investigation into your political adversary is all good.

Like how trump keeps getting investigated by the democrats for this and that . Like all that stripper business that went nowhere?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #608 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:02pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 3:41pm:

Indeed!

Its not scary but sad.

Like how trump keeps getting investigated by the democrats for this and that . Like all that stripper business that went nowhere?

Please explain    Undecided

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #609 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:10pm

Indeed!

Its not scary but sad.

Trump will be once again exonerated.

Yes, he will.  This is obvious, but it doesn't make him innocent of the accusations against him, it just means the Republican-controlled Senate are being derelict in their duties and abandoning their oath to the country and to uphold the constitution.

The next time they want to turn to the constitution or an amendment as an argument for their position they should be laughed at.

Trump did exactly what he's been accused of.  More and more evidence, even after more than enough has been presented and Trump even admitted what he did keeps coming out, with Bolten's being the latest.

But nothing is enough for you, you'll keep saying:

Quote:
Just another witch hunt to protect Washington corruption.

WRONG

No, he didn't have the right to withhold the funds that were approved by Congress in the way he did it, lied about it and continues to do so.  There are laws against this.

The Government Accountability Office released a finding on that the suspension last year of military aid for Ukraine at Trump’s direction violated laws governing the disbursement of congressionally appropriated funds.

Black and white. 

He broke the law with the motivation of getting Ukraine to announce an investigation into the Bidens.  What he was trying to extort from Ukraine was an illegal campaign contribution, another law broken.

Don't forget, you keep crying about hearsay, but that's only because Trump and the Whitehouse won't let those involved with first hand accounts give evidence, like Pompeo, Bolton and Mulvaney.  That's obstruction, another law broken.

Cut the crap, the argument you're presenting is wrong, proven so, many times over.

Quote:

The Democrats are the only ones staying true to their oath of office.

Quote:

I owe you nothing.

I've never said Trump supporters are agents of Russia.  I never said Trump was a Russian agent.

He may have been an unwilling Russian asset but more and more it seems he's been reaching out for help from foreign powers, even extorting them for their help like with Ukraine.  And many of the actions he's been taking are benefitting Russia over the US.  Why?

You're not owed an apology, far from it.  This culture of victimhood you're trying to propagate is very "leftist" of you.

Seems like you're nothing but a willfully ignorant phallic-shaped hypocrite with no intention of getting to the facts unless you like what they say.

You're the worst kind of Trumptard, one who should know better but instead your actively propagating false and misleading information as if it's fact just because your boy has been caught red-handed and you've bought into the meme war rhetoric that you're a winner and the biggest insult and failure is to lose, so admitting Trump is guilty and accepting the truth is something you are utterly incapable of doing, lest your fragile beta ego be torn to shreds.

You're like an even more infantile version of Trump.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #610 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:11pm

Do you mean the one where he was an unnamed coconspirator with the other one serving a jail sentence?

Can't indict a sitting President, after all, remember?

Hardly "went nowhere" now did it?

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #611 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:16pm

That's a good point. 

If the Spygate conspiracy theory is to be believed, Obama spied on the Trump Team during the 2016 campaign, even though it's been proven that was false in the IG report, but for argument's sake, let's say it happened how the conspiracy claims, it doesn't matter because Obama was the President at the time.

You can abuse your power to break laws if the ends were to give his side a political advantage at the election.  He could have even got Ukraine to hack the DNC Servers and lied and said it was Trump, he was the President, after all, he could do what he wants.

Or, at least this appears to be what Rich is advocating for by continually claiming Trump has done nothing wrong despite him using the power of his office to break laws to extort a foreign nation by withholding congressionally approved aid to them in exchange for a public declaration of an investigation into his political opponent, trying and failing to cover it up, then lying about it and continuing to obstruct the investigation, impeachment hearing and impeachment trial over it.

Even if Obama did all the things that have been proven false, it doesn't matter, he has the right to do so, IF Trump has the right to do what he's done which has triggered his Impeachment.

Or Rich, is it one rule for Trump, one for everyone else still?
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:22pm by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #612 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:21pm

Indeed!

Its not scary but sad.

Stripper business?

Oh, you must mean Stormy, dear. Mr Trump's dumb lawyer fessed up to that one.

He got 3 years.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #613 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:24pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:16pm:

That's a good point. 

If the Spygate conspiracy theory is to be believed, Obama spied on the Trump Team during the 2016 campaign, even though it's been proven that was false in the IG report, but for argument's sake, let's say it happened how the conspiracy claims, it doesn't matter because Obama was the President at the time.

You can abuse your power to break laws if the ends were to give his side a political advantage at the election.  He could have even got Ukraine to hack the DNC Servers and lied and said it was Trump, he was the President, after all, he could do what he wants.

Or, at least this appears to be what Rich is advocating for by continually claiming Trump has done nothing wrong despite him using the power of his office to break laws to extort a foreign nation by withholding congressionally approved aid to them in exchange for a public declaration of an investigation into his political opponent, trying and failing to cover it up, then lying about it and continuing to obstruct the investigation, impeachment hearing and impeachment trial over it.

Even if Obama did all the things that have been proven false, it doesn't matter, he has the right to do so, IF Trump has the right to do what he's done which has triggered his Impeachment.

Or Rich, is it one rule for Trump, one for everyone else still?

Sure, but where's the crime in that?

As Rich says, that's Mr Trump's right. What's illegal about withholding congressional funds to extort a foreign country? What's illegal about getting one over your political enemies?

Have you heard what they did in New Zealand?
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:30pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #614 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:25pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:21pm:

Indeed!

Its not scary but sad.

Stripper business?

Oh, you must mean Stormy, dear. Mr Trump's dumb lawyer fessed up to that one.

He got 3 years.

Funny how you snowdrops overlook the dirty dealings from your own side. Even the ALP did a deal with the NZ Labour Party  to get the dirt on Joyce's immigration status. I bet you got wet over that one??

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 54
Send Topic Print