I
                         I
         Good -------------- Bad
                         I
                         I
                         I
                       Evil

Some people just can't tell the difference

The problem is that it means different things to different people.

Yes you're right and taking into consideration Yadda's post.
May I highlight 'Evil & Bad'.
A 'Bad' person makes a mistake, but learns from that mistake and doesn't do it again.
An 'Evil' person makes a mistake, learns that it is wrong - but does it again and again... consciously aware that what they are doing is wrong.

So Bad rises towards Pure,
but Good falls towards Evil.

Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: The discontinuos mind
Reply #16 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:04pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 1:20pm:
There's no point mentioning a particular poster in a discussion about discontinuous minds when you yourself have a discontinuous mind, and displaying it ... "dangerous fundamentalists full of hate like Yadda" - What do you call that if it's not a label? You are doing exactly what Richard Dawkins is arguing against

Not at all. You are misinterpreting what a discontinuous mind is.
I clearly stated that religious belief falls on a spectrum and I used words to describe the extremes of that spectrum. That is not being discontinuous.
I admit I was being a little mischievous by mentioning Yadda's place on that spectrum but in no way does that detract from the point i was making.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:16pm

Yadda wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 12:37pm:
Barnacle,

Speaking truth to power, or speaking truth to ISLAM, isn't an expression of hatred.

It is an expression of truth.        [......unless you can show, that the information [regarding ISLAM] which i bring is false.]

Q.
Can you show, that the information regarding ISLAM, which i bring, is false ?

If you can, THEN DEMONSTRATE IT, HERE, IN THIS FORUM.

ISLAM is a deceitful and vicious, and murderous, death cult.

You are wrong Yadda, and here is why.......

Lets take the old testament of the bible. If anyone was to follow it literally (thankfully few do) they could use it to justify some horrendous acts of genocide, slavery and misogamy.

The fact is that everyone cherry picks the parts of their religion that best corresponds to their own philosophy. 

Islam is no different. 99% of Muslims cherry pick the peaceful and agreeable parts of the Koran just like 99% of Christians cherry pick the peaceful and agreeable parts of the Bible.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 10:15pm

Judaism: the 'Old' Book about 'Youth' (and the fall from the Garden).
Christianity: the Book about Duality (Man & Woman) of Adulthood. Joined to the Book of Judaism, but tells a different story. Separated from the Book of Mohommedism, which tells the same story.
Mohommedism: The 'Young' Book about 'Old Age' (and the rise into the Garden).

Only those who can 'convert' through all Three Monotheism and experience the 'process' of what they teach can only see the 'future' of God.
To experience only one, fails that which they were created for.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #19 - Nov 20th, 2019 at 12:53am

The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:16pm:
Yadda wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 12:37pm:
Barnacle,

Speaking truth to power, or speaking truth to ISLAM, isn't an expression of hatred.

It is an expression of truth.        [......unless you can show, that the information [regarding ISLAM] which i bring is false.]

Q.
Can you show, that the information regarding ISLAM, which i bring, is false ?

If you can, THEN DEMONSTRATE IT, HERE, IN THIS FORUM.

ISLAM is a deceitful and vicious, and murderous, death cult.

You are wrong Yadda, and here is why.......

Lets take the old testament of the bible.

If anyone was to follow it literally (thankfully few do) they could use it to justify some horrendous acts of genocide, slavery and misogamy.

YOU ARE IGNORANT, AND MISTAKEN.    ....BUT NOT ALONE.

Much of the O.T. scripture is a chronicle, a recording of events.

And yes, nations of people were destroyed, for specific, not general reasons.

FURTHER.....

The religious laws of the Hebrews, applied to the Hebrews [and to those non-Hebrews who lived within their nation].

Some of those religious laws of the Hebrews had penalties which were very harsh, by modern standards.

Yet, anyone who did not want to abide by those religious laws of the Hebrews, could simply leave the nation, and go [and take his family], to live within a distant, or near, gentile nation.

The religious laws of the Hebrews forgave [with a 'monetary' penalty imposed]
those who 'sinned through ignorance'.

THE PENALTY - If a soul shall sin through ignorance
...a 'monetary' penalty [i.e. the cost of a sin offering] would be exacted from an offender.

But his/her death is NOT required, .....for a 'sin through ignorance' against God's commandment, normally requiring death, as punishment.

The God of Israel is a just and righteous God.

The God of Israel will not slay any person who, 'sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the LORD'.

Leviticus 4:27
And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;
28  Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned.
29  And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering.

Numbers 15:22
And if ye have erred, and not observed all these commandments, which the LORD hath spoken unto Moses,
23  Even all that the LORD hath commanded you by the hand of Moses, from the day that the LORD commanded Moses, and henceforward among your generations;
24  Then it shall be, if ought be committed by ignorance without the knowledge of the congregation, that all the congregation shall offer one young bullock for a burnt offering, for a sweet savour unto the LORD, with his meat offering, and his drink offering, according to the manner, and one kid of the goats for a sin offering.
25  And the priest shall make an atonement for all the congregation of the children of Israel, and it shall be forgiven them; for it is ignorance: and they shall bring their offering, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD, and their sin offering before the LORD, for their ignorance:
26  And it shall be forgiven all the congregation of the children of Israel, and the stranger that sojourneth among them; seeing all the people were in ignorance.
27  And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.
28  And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.
29  Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.

Leviticus 4:1-4
Leviticus 4:22-24
Leviticus 5:15-19

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Nov 20th, 2019 at 9:54pm

And yet Yadda. Your thoughts are based entirely on 'replication' of a Monotheistic Book. Your mind is a continuous replication of the Bible - nothing more.

You lack a personal Philosophy.
Why are you here?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #21 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 9:40am

Quote:

And yet Yadda.

Your thoughts are based entirely on 'replication' of a Monotheistic Book.

Your mind is a continuous replication of the Bible - nothing more.

You lack a personal Philosophy.

Why are you here?

I am 'informed' by what i observe, of what i see happening around me, in this world.

I am also 'informed', about myself, and about my creator, by what i read in scripture.

To many confident and 'modern' persons, that makes a person like myself, an 'unreasonable' person [i.e. a stupid person].

So be it.

Go your own way.

Walk your own path.

I'm happy for you to believe whatever you want to believe.

It is your life, and the choices you make, are your choices.

Psalms 1:1
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalms 34:8
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Psalms 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2  He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4  Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Proverbs 3:1
My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
2  For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
3  Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
4  So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 11:24am

So you walk the path that is already cut for you. Fine. But when that path ends, you have to wait for further instruction.
I cut my own path and that can go on forever, because I'm not afraid to make a mistake - its part of the learning 'from Life'.

Christianity will fail in Australia, so too will Judaism, Mohommedism.
Instead will reign Australia's own 'Religion' - a reflection of the here and now, not some old Middle-Eastern/European mutterings. Australia has 2/3rds more paperwork than any other nation in the world. Kinda gonna see some things change around here soon.  Wink

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #23 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 2:14pm

Quote:

I'm not afraid to make a mistake....

But you think that i am afraid to make a mistake ?

OK.         Smiley

There is a true saying that goes....

"The person who didn't make a mistake, never made anything."
- ?

That isn't me.

Everyday, i still make poor choices.

Everyday, i am still being corrupted, by the influence which this world has, upon me, upon my psyche.

Should i be worried ?

Perhaps !

Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Daniel 12:10
Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Revelation 21:7
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 3:15pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 11:24am:
Instead will reign Australia's own 'Religion' - a reflection of the here and now

This should be the religion when you're not having religion
https://www.wikihow.com/Live-with-Passion

Not that I have anything against Christianity, but I wish James's (supposed brother of Jesus) version of Jesus's life was prevailing instead of apostle Paul's version. You need blind faith to believe Paul, whereas James told a much more down to earth account of the life of Jesus and it was more believable. However, people at the time chose to ignore James and place faith in Paul's fake account. Even then, telling the truth was a no-no

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #25 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 4:58pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 3:15pm:

Not that I have anything against Christianity, but I wish James's (supposed brother of Jesus) version of Jesus's life was prevailing instead of apostle Paul's version.

You need blind faith to believe Paul, whereas James told a much more down to earth account of the life of Jesus and it was more believable.

However, people at the time chose to ignore James and place faith in Paul's fake account.

Even then, telling the truth was a no-no

This James ?    ------ >

James 1:1  James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
James 2:1  My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
James 3:1  My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
James 4:1  From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
James 5:1  Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 5:31pm

And Europe (God) created North America (Adam)
Now Asia (Lilith) would not 'serve' North America (Adam)
and North America had a bit of a cry.
So Europe (God) created Australia (Eve)
and she had a Rainbow Serpent (Lucifer) in her Garden
of whom came from the Kingdom of Africa (Lucifer).

Lilith & Lucifer
        V
Adam & Eve

*yawn
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #27 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 7:16pm

@ Reply #26,

The mis-coded bot-mind, strikes again !

Reply #26 = = pure nonsensical gibberish.

jasin,

We all want to share the secret knowledge which you possess.

You must supply us with your decryption key.      !!!

p.s.
You and juliar do not share the same coder, do you ?

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 3:17pm

Yadda wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 7:16pm:

@ Reply #26,

Yadda, have you heard the saying about the pot calling the kettle black?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 9:12am

The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 22nd, 2019 at 3:17pm:
Yadda wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 7:16pm:

@ Reply #26,

Yadda, have you heard the saying about the pot calling the kettle black?

Grin

Yadda.
Joseph Campbell showed the world that there are 'thousands' of Virgin Birth myths right around the world - all having come into existence before the Christian version.
Christianity, Judaism, Mohommedism are just replications of many myths and legends that have been shared from time immortal. The Middle-East just decided to 'profit' from them and turn it into an industry via the Gift of Writing. Nothing more.

God has 100,000 faces around the world.

I think you just find it hard to fathom that Christianity (or the other Monotheisms) is not the be all and end all of Mythologies.

Australia (Sahul) will create its own Religion to serve Australia, just like North America is 'evolving' its Mormonism to be its main Religion. South America will also develop its own Religion (and it will be the Greatest the World will have).
These 3 New Worlds will resurrect the 'True' Middle-Eastern Religion (because Judaism serves Asia, Christianity serves Europe and Mohommedism serves Africa).
Because Asia, Europe and Africa will jilt its Religions and serve the 'Science' of Oceania.

I'm sorry if you can't see the obvious of what is happening in the world, because you are stuck in your little world of Christianity (which is like thinking that Europe is the only Region of the World) - and can't see the Big Picture.
...a Picture that is bigger than just Religion itself.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print