Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Race and dating - there are racial differences (Read 24862 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Race and dating - there are racial differences
Reply #45 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 9:26pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 8:46pm:
rhino wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 7:32pm:
you have stated many times Brian that the proof of us all being one race is the ability to interbreed. as you now know and didn't know before that it means nothing , in fact different species can interbreed.

The evidence for that is very slight.  You have no idea how closely related the Denisovans and Humanity were, Rhino.  You have no idea how difficult it was for them to interbreed. I have no idea.  I am quite willing to admit my ignorance on that issue, are you?
Glad you mentioned the Denisovians who interbred with other species including Aboriginals.
Quote:
The Denisovans or Denisova hominins ( /dɪˈniːsəvə/ di-NEE-sə-və) are an extinct species or subspecies of archaic humans in the genus Homo without an agreed taxonomic name. Pending consensus on its taxonomic status, it has been referred to as Homo denisova, Homo altaiensis, or Homo sapiens denisova.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denisovan
Quote:
I am quite willing to admit my ignorance on that issue, are you?
as i have repeatedly shown, Im not ignorant on the matter Brian , you are. Why are you trying to pretend I am as ignorant as you when I am actually schooling you on the subject?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #46 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 10:15pm

As Wikipedia admits, they don't know if they are a separate species of sub-species.  I suspect they were a sub-species, Rhino.  Until we know more, I remain sceptical of these claims.  As I have not claimed that it is impossible for species/sub-species to interbreed - just difficult, I think you're erecting a strawman argument.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:15pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #47 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 7:34pm

Brian, are some dogs smarter than others? Some with better sense of smell? Some faster? Some stronger? Some that don't handle a lot of sunlight well? Some that handle cold water better? Some better at retrieving? Some better at herding? Some better as guards? Some with different skin colours? Yet they are all dogs of the same species. You are like someone that only looks at their skin colour and puts them as all equal in everything except skin colour. You deny any difference but skin colour. You like K are fixated on "tint".

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 7:53pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 8:43pm:

Religious beliefs have nuffin' to do wiv race, Bwian. Posting this meme just how stupid and confused you are.

Setanta wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 7:34pm:
Brian, are some dogs smarter than others? Some with better sense of smell? Some faster? Some stronger? Some that don't handle a lot of sunlight well? Some that handle cold water better? Some better at retrieving? Some better at herding? Some better as guards? Some with different skin colours? Yet they are all dogs of the same species. You are like someone that only looks at their skin colour and puts them as all equal in everything except skin colour. You deny any difference but skin colour. You like K are fixated on "tint".

It's Bwian's and kermits way of avoiding their stupidity - narrow things WAY down to a definition ONLY they hold - that will guarantee that everyone else will always be wrong according to those idiotic definition. They now what they are doing, that's why they are doing it.

Stupid AND dishonest.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #49 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:12pm

Frank wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 7:53pm:

Religious beliefs have nuffin' to do wiv race, Bwian. Posting this meme just how stupid and confused you are.

It's Bwian's and kermits way of avoiding their stupidity - narrow things WAY down to a definition ONLY they hold - that will guarantee that everyone else will always be wrong according to those idiotic definition. They now what they are doing, that's why they are doing it.

Stupid AND dishonest.

I actually left a couple of things out of that list I should have put in. Are some dogs more vicious and prone to attack? Are some dogs more placid and better companions? Are there dogs you trust with your family and dogs you do not?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #50 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:16pm

You still misunderstand what I have said, Setanta.  You are showing how little you understand what I have said.  I suggest you leave it there 'cause you're not going to grasp what I have been saying, now are you?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #51 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:18pm

Frank wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 7:53pm:

*WHOOSH*!  Straight over your head, Soren.  How unsurprising.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #52 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:16pm:

You still misunderstand what I have said, Setanta.  You are showing how little you understand what I have said.  I suggest you leave it there 'cause you're not going to grasp what I have been saying, now are you?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's hard to comprehend the shyte you talk Brian. That is not our fault, it is the fault of the one(you) putting your argument forward. It all comes down to skin colour with you. There is so much more that genetics gives, when you add culture to that...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #53 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:29pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:19pm:

It's hard to comprehend the shyte you talk Brian. That is not our fault, it is the fault of the one(you) putting your argument forward. It all comes down to skin colour with you. There is so much more that genetics gives, when you add culture to that...

As I have pointed out, you need to direct your comments to say, Soren, who is a Racist - an admitted Racist - who believe skin colour matters.   As I have kept pointing out, Set and which you appear to refuse to accept, skin colour is meaningless to me.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #54 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:39pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:29pm:

As I have pointed out, you need to direct your comments to say, Soren, who is a Racist - an admitted Racist - who believe skin colour matters.   As I have kept pointing out, Set and which you appear to refuse to accept, skin colour is meaningless to me.   Roll Eyes

Yet you bring it up when talking to me because that is what you base "racism" on. I'm sure you would love the views of Kristian Kristiansen even though his genocidal Yamnaya culture went from horse riding steppe warriors to space in 5000 years. Even though as a northern European his DNA is likely to be 100% Yamnaya.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #55 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 9:39pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
We are Genetically identical, we all share the same Genetic pool.  "White" merely identifies a group with paler skin compared to all other Humans, Rhino.   There is only one race, the human one.   Roll Eyes

Dogs share the same gene pool and therefore you would say Genetically identical, Brian. Care to explain the differences?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #56 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 9:57pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 9:39pm:
We are Genetically identical, we all share the same Genetic pool.  "White" merely identifies a group with paler skin compared to all other Humans, Rhino.   There is only one race, the human one.   Roll Eyes

Dogs share the same gene pool and therefore you would say Genetically identical, Brian. Care to explain the differences?

Humans and breeding for specific attributes, Setanta.   Humanity as a species gave up on Eugenics after WWII.   Humans don't like being forced to breed with people they don't like/love.  Dogs don't get a choice.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #57 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 9:59pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:39pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:29pm:

Yet you bring it up when talking to me because that is what you base "racism" on.

No, it is what Racists base a great deal of their beliefs on, Setanta.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #58 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:15pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 9:57pm:
Setanta wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 9:39pm:

Humans and breeding for specific attributes, Setanta.   Humanity as a species gave up on Eugenics after WWII.   Humans don't like being forced to breed with people they don't like/love.  Dogs don't get a choice.   Roll Eyes

Irrelevant. The environment does it. For dogs, humans are a part of that environment. Humans accept what is their lot. They'll walk into a gas chamber, to the edge of a mass grave and be shot. You would not exist if not for rape and violence. It may be unpleasant but that is the truth, you have at least one rapist in your family tree, probably thousands. The article you posted about Brits at one time being black as if to show that the white guys were descended from them is false, they were wiped from existence. These may be unpleasant facts but facts they are.

The Yamnaya have been called the most genocidal and violent people the planet has endured by those that are too butt hurt to accept how things go in history, coincidentally Yamnaya themselves, self hatred. But they are the ones that were so successful and innovative that they opened space to their descendants. Spread bronze, the wheel, horse warfare, iron to the world. They deserved and took their place on this planet. Was that genetic? Should we blame their white skin? Or is that coincidental?

« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:23pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #59 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:47pm

What "white skin"?  Yamnaya are described as being darker than Europeans, Setanta.  Roll Eyes

Your Yamnaya appear to have been no more violent than any other neolithic group.  Life was nasty, brutish and all too often short in those days.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print