Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Race and dating - there are racial differences (Read 24903 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Race and dating - there are racial differences
Reply #15 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:04pm:
It's funny how Brian just sees racial differences as skin deep. Blacks have been in the US for 400 years living in a cold climate and they still look black to me.

400 years is a drop in the ocean of evolution, Hammer.   You need thousands, tens of thousands of years for evolution to work.

Some white people seek darker skin through tanning, Hammer.  Some black people seek whiter skins through "whitening lotions".   Still doesn't alter who they are or what they are.  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:14pm:
It's funny how Brian just sees racial differences as skin deep. Blacks have been in the US for 400 years living in a cold climate and they still look black to me.

400 years is a drop in the ocean of evolution, Hammer.   You need thousands, tens of thousands of years for evolution to work.

Some white people seek darker skin through tanning, Hammer.  Some black people seek whiter skins through "whitening lotions".   Still doesn't alter who they are or what they are.  Roll Eyes

Look at African Albinos. They are white and still look African. It's more than skin Brian. Whities have more alien DNA while blacks have less. There's a weird one for you.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #17 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:38pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:28pm:

Look at African Albinos. They are white and still look African. It's more than skin Brian. Whities have more alien DNA while blacks have less. There's a weird one for you.

"Alien DNA"?   Really?   Where does it come from, Mars?  Roll Eyes

Hammer, if it is part of the Human Genome, it isn't "alien" at all - it is a part of humanity.

You have to face reality.  Racism is dead.  Eugenics died with it.  Genetics killed them both.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 2:35pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:45am:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 6:17pm:
The people on SBS are mistaken - 'cause they don't understand that they are discussing a social construct, not a scientific reality

They were discussing neither social construct nor scientific reality ... they were discussing the types of partners they preferred, preferences for certain phenotypes

Having the freedom to choose which ever ethnic partner we want is something lefty progressives humanists can do absolutely nothing about - sucko lefties ... when are you going to protest in the streets complaining about Anglo Aussie men choosing Anglo Aussie women as life time partners?

Absolutely nothing.  That is their choice.  The problem is when Anglo-Aussie men pass laws which prevent themselves or women from choosing partners from other Phenotypes (which has occurred).   You cannot legislate against love or desire
or preference
  Something the Racists need to realise.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Conversely, Lefty progressive humanists better not legislate to make Anglo Aussies partner up with certain ethnic males/females

I wouldn't put it past Daniel Andrews legislating something like that if he could live long enough

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:49pm

Black Africans kill the albinos and sell their body parts

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:38pm:

"Alien DNA"?   Really?   Where does it come from, Mars?  Roll Eyes

Hammer, if it is part of the Human Genome, it isn't "alien" at all - it is a part of humanity.

You have to face reality.  Racism is dead.  Eugenics died with it.  Genetics killed them both.

There are gaps in our DNA that they can't explain. The difference between throwing poo at one another in a ape enclosure and sending people to the moon is one hell of a evolutionary step. If we can do the things we are doing like space exploration  then why couldn't some other world. The sun has been slowly cooling for billions of years. Look at a campfire. As it slowly cools the heat retracts. Who's not to say that everyone of those planets in our solar system wasn't habitable when they were getting the adequate heat from the sun and slowly died as the heat retracted. Like what will eventually happen to earth. Some organism  might of hopped over from a dying planet.You need to keep an open mind Brian.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 5:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 2:33pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:28am:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 6:17pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 5:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:17pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 8:46pm:
Po-faced old aunty Bwian insists that there are no races because we can interbreed.

Here is an hour long SBS discussion on RACE and dating. If there is no such thing as race, aunty Bwian, what the hell are these white, asian, indian, african people talking about???

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/insight/tvepisode/dating-race_1

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/241154627645/insight-dating-race

I have explained to you many times my argument, Soren. That you have failed to grasp it simply suggests that you have your head so far up your arse that it doesn't matter.  The people on SBS are mistaken - 'cause they don't understand that they are discussing a social construct, not a scientific reality - just as you do continually.   Genetics has destroyed Racism.  QED.  Roll Eyes

Science itself IS a social construct, Bwian, as has been plainly pointed out to you many, many, many times, yet you are unable to comprehend it because it shots down your idiotic insistence on genetics versus social construction. People relate to each other SOCIALLY, Bwian, they don't constantly compare their genomes.

Po-faced old, know-nuffin' aunty is still correct. Add incomprehending.

I have explained to you many times my argument, Soren. That you have failed to grasp it simply suggests that you have your head so far up your arse that it doesn't matter.  The people on SBS are mistaken - 'cause they don't understand that they are discussing a social construct, not a scientific reality - just as you do continually.   Genetics has destroyed Racism.  QED.  Roll Eyes

Go and play in your mud patch, Soren.  Enjoy yourself.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://media.tenor.com/images/35e7caab324e2f78cfcce921cb8d9756/tenor.gif

Are you insisting, Bwian, that science itself is NOT a social construct?

Science is observation, Soren.   First you observe an event, then you theorise and then you test to see if your theory is correct or not.  If it isn't, you go back to the first step, observe the event again and rethink your theory and retest it.  You keep doing this until you have it right.  It is based on logic and reality.  Racism is based on bullshit, pure and simple and you are the chief proponent of that here.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Science is an observation - that is really a very silly attempt to save your stupid non-argument, Bwian. What you notice while observing is a social construct, a matter of training, acculturation = social construct. People observe the natural and social and personal world differently because they are taught, trained, acculturated differently.

Science is a social construct, even by your own description.  The scientific method is a social construct of fairly recent invention by white Europeans although its roots go back to classical Greece.  It was not present in all human communities before white Europeans constructed this way of going about learning about the natural world and taught the rest of the world about it.
Some scientific theories are worse than others and so they get revised. Nobody has a fully 'observed' account of objective, as-it-is-itself reality, Bwian.

Cultures are also social constructs and therefore are not equal either. There is a hierarchy of cultures, just as there is a hierarchy of everything, including theories about the world, scientific or otherwise. Some social constructs (ideas, in short) are better than others, some are worse than all the others.

You cannot wish away racial or personal or linguistic or historic - in a word, cultural - differences. You can deplore the unequal treatment of people because of those differences but you cannot wish the differences away. They are there for all to see, including you.

You can say you don't approve of racism but to say that there are NO different races, cultures, peoples is just plain stupid, especially when you are also using language that distinguishes between such categories of people. Not to mention that it would make your disapproval of racism itself meaningless - a state of mind you have made uniquely your own, Bwian.

« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2019 at 5:40pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:47pm

I have explained to you numerous times my argument, Soren.  If your head is too deeply submerged in your arse to understand it, that is no fault of mine.  Genetics proves who we are and who we are is Homo Sapien Sapiens - the human race.  There is only one species, all the "races" are mere superficial evolutionary adaptations to local environmental conditions.  Racism relies on those superficial evolutionary adaptations and attempts to use them to classify people into different groups and a hierarchy of "races" which do not exist.  You harp on about those groups as if they actually mean something other than what you have conferred to them, Soren. Your ignorance and your foolishness shines forth in every post you make.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:21pm

But their 'blackness' slowly dissipates with each generation.
Just like I've seen many a pale, fair, light or white pair of parents with kids who are slightly acclimatised to Australia with better tanning skin.

Black people can take x7 much UV than White people or other races (Brown, Yellow, etc).
But if living in darker places like Scotland, Alaska, Patagonia, etc - they become low in Vitamin D and suffer from health side-effects.
Some even have their skin - go blotchy white. Which shows on their faces, feet or hands.
I know one Aboriginal who has 'white' hands.

Every 'colour' has its advantages and disadvantages.
Like how Rangas & Blondes are better at Politics than Raven-haired and Brunettes.  Grin Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:26pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:21pm:

Just like I've seen many a pale, fair, light or white pair of parents with kids who are slightly acclimatised to Australia with better tanning skin.

Black people can take x7 much UV than White people or other races (Brown, Yellow, etc).
But if living in darker places like Scotland, Alaska, Patagonia, etc - they become low in Vitamin D and suffer from health side-effects.
Some even have their skin - go blotchy white. Which shows on their faces, feet or hands.

Like how Rangas & Blondes are better at Politics than Raven-haired and Brunettes.  Grin Cheesy
If a persons body  got dumped out in the bush they can take that skull and determine if it belonged to a asian, caucasian or negro. It's more than skin deep.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:30pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:26pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:21pm:

If a persons body  got dumped out in the bush they can take that skull and determine if it belonged to a asian, caucasian or negro. It's more than skin deep.

They can even tell if its a short and stocky Rugby League player or a tall, slender Aussie Rules player.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:47pm:
I have explained to you numerous times my argument, Soren.  If your head is too deeply submerged in your arse to understand it, that is no fault of mine.  Genetics proves who we are and who we are is Homo Sapien Sapiens - the human race.  There is only one species, all the "races" are mere superficial evolutionary adaptations to local environmental conditions.  Racism relies on those superficial evolutionary adaptations and attempts to use them to classify people into different groups and a hierarchy of "races" which do not exist.  You harp on about those groups as if they actually mean something other than what you have conferred to them, Soren. Your ignorance and your foolishness shines forth in every post you make.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Your argument is self-contradictory and ultimately empty and meanigless. It is nothing but a misunderstanding and a confusion of, among many other stupidities, race and species. As if anyone other than you have used these categories interchangably.

Everyone recognises that there are different races, including you.  The whole SBS Insight program was about that.  None of it ever meant that they are all different species.

IP Logged

miketrees

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:03pm

Just my observation

Speciation starts with isolated populations
The speed of speciation depends on selection pressures

We have not had the isolation of populations in recent times
If Aboriginals were isolated in our harsh unusual condition for long enough....yrs they could have become a different species

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 10:34pm

miketrees wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:03pm:
Just my observation

If Aboriginals were isolated in our harsh unusual condition for long enough....yrs they could have become a different species

However, they were not, now were they?  Yet to listen to hard-core Racists like Soren, they are a separate species, they are not White, the group he has elevated above all others.  Why?  'cause he is White and he believes that Whites should rule over all other groups.  Indeed, if we are to listen to Soren and his cronies, Africans, Asians, Indians, Indigenous Australians, Polynesians, Native Americans are all inferior to White people.   Yet if you read Jared Diamond's works, that "inferiority" is caused by circumstance, a lack of resources not because of innate stupidity or inability to complete tasks.  Racism is based upon the idea of biological determinism - the colour of a persons skin/the shape of their noses/lips/eyes/etc. determines their ability to control their destiny.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 5:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 10:34pm:
miketrees wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:03pm:
Just my observation

However, they were not, now were they?  Yet to listen to hard-core Racists like Soren, they are a separate species, they are not

Lying, right there, stupid old numpty. You are lying and you know it.  Dishonest little Turd.

Liar. Evidence.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print