FIRES (Read 10546 times)
lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: FIRES
Reply #255 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 4:01pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 3:52pm:
Quote:
CO2 emissions per capita in Germany are equivalent to 9.44 tons per person (based on a population of 82,193,768 in 2016), an increase by 0.07 over the figure of 9.36 CO2 tons per person registered in 2015; this represents a change of 0.8% in CO2 emissions per capita.

https://knoema.com/atlas/Germany/CO2-emissions-per-capita

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

No petal. Per capita is a wankfest. Germany is a small country. Australia is a large country. The distances required to transport goods is far greater in Australia than Germany. Germany is closing its CO2 free nuclear generators.

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 3:52pm:
Quote:
Australia has one of the highest per capita emissions of carbon dioxide in the world, with its 0.3% of the world's population releasing 1.07% of the world's greenhouse gases. Australia is one of the lowest emitters by area, due to its low population density.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas_emissions_by_Australia

You note they don't want to get into the real world of net emissions?

Repeat after me "Australia is a carbon sink". "Australia's net emissions, (which many countries are striving for), is less than zero".

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: FIRES
Reply #256 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 12:14pm

Anyway - spent Saturday trying to do fire victim relief work, yesterday doing the grass and sussing out the work required at the ex's daughter's new home to be, and today trying to straighten out the comm lines over fire victim relief.

I'm buggared - and now I'm going to take some R & R by sanding down the laundry ready to paint..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print