Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Student suspended refused to wear Rainbow Poppy (Read 3577 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Student suspended refused to wear Rainbow Poppy
Reply #90 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 10:12am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 10:02am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 9:37am:
buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:46pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 8:56am:
It's fake news, Gnads.

You got sucked in.

Keep an eye out for "Muslims Cancel Christmas" stories   Wink

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) –

Growing furore online over rainbow poppies appears to be a case of fake news.

Posts online are stirring up outrage, suggesting the LGBTQ+ community is pushing an alternative to the traditional poppy. The original, red poppy, worn to commemorate veterans in the lead-up to Remembrance Day, appears to be redone, with each petal a different colour.
But claims the new poppy is widespread are false
There are posts indicating an artist once sold them online, and the photo of that poppy, an enamel rainbow pin that has since been taken down, appears to have been used in every post decrying the LGBTQ+ community co-opting Remembrance Day.
But there is no mainstream movement among the LGBTQ+ community to use them, the poppies are not mass produced and are not even available to buy in Canada.

Social media expert Susie Parker says people need to be more critical about what they read and share online.

https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2019/11/08/upset-about-the-rainbow-poppy-youve-been...

I could tell it was fake news as soon as I read the (misleading) thread title.

I don't know how people fall for this stuff.

Next, will be the stories about Muslims cancelling Christmas, and removing nativity scenes and Christmas trees from schools & shopping centres etc.

People are so gullible.

When are the Mussos going to start that again?  Or at the very least, sycophantic stores paying their dimi will not have Christmas stuff in store?

I always like to post this photo around this time of year.

It's the Pavilion shopping Centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Oh, and a nice little video:

Those Muslims really hate Christmas   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 11:49am

It's fake news, Gnads.

You got sucked in.

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) –

Posts online are stirring up outrage, suggesting the LGBTQ+ community is pushing an alternative to the traditional poppy. The original, red poppy, worn to commemorate veterans in the lead-up to Remembrance Day, appears to be redone, with each petal a different colour.
There are posts indicating an artist once sold them online, and the photo of that poppy, an enamel rainbow pin that has since been taken down, appears to have been used in every post decrying the LGBTQ+ community co-opting Remembrance Day.
But there is no mainstream movement among the LGBTQ+ community to use them, the poppies are not mass produced and are not even available to buy in Canada.

Social media expert Susie Parker says people need to be more critical about what they read and share online.

https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2019/11/08/upset-about-the-rainbow-poppy-youve-been...

Next, will be the stories about Muslims cancelling Christmas, and removing nativity scenes and Christmas trees from schools & shopping centres etc.

People are so gullible.

Or bushfires are caused by global warming.

Ridiculous. Why can't people get it through their thick heads that the fires are the Greens' fault?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 11:52am

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 10:12am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 10:02am:
It's fake news, Gnads.

You got sucked in.

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) –

People are so gullible.

When are the Mussos going to start that again?  Or at the very least, sycophantic stores paying their dimi will not have Christmas stuff in store?

I always like to post this photo around this time of year.

https://rollwithcarol.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Pavilion-Mall-MP-2-752x440....

It's the Pavilion shopping Centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Oh, and a nice little video:

Those Muslims really hate Christmas   Roll Eyes

Fake news, Greggery. The apologists decorated one mall -ONE.

Everywhere else is guarded by Muslims with machine guns banning Christmas, it's appalling.

They're such killjoys.

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #93 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 1:49pm

And Ho Ho Ho round goes the same ol' arguments.

Proving the world's people are increasingly becoming more shallow.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #94 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 4:19pm

Nah.. nah... that's the Christian sector...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 12:45am

WAAL!!  You know you've won the argument when the entire strand disappears up its own arse into endless tripe about irrelevant issues...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 8:04am

mothra wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 8:45am:
And why did you lie in your thread title, Gonads? You don't seem to want to say.

Was it dog whistling? Or just that you hadn't read or understood the article you posted?

I didn't lie SOL

I just copied part of the article.

So whistle that up Rover  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 8:07am

capitosinora wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 9:19am:
British colony Australia has long tradition of sodomy first out of necessity and then it became cultural habit.
As a matter of facts when British criminals were deported in a big gulag called Australia, like in any other prison, they started facking each other in absence of women.

Grin You dickhead....... what's the excuse for it in your enormous & overcrowded prison system now?

Is it a secret desire of yours?

You should try really hard to live that desire.

You deserve it.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 10:49am

ANYWAY - back to PC BS - an inner city council in Sydney has decided, out of 'respect' (read raising its arse ready for plucking) to move all Australia Day activities to other dates...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 10:52am

Gnads wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 8:07am:
capitosinora wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 9:19am:
British colony Australia has long tradition of sodomy first out of necessity and then it became cultural habit.
As a matter of facts when British criminals were deported in a big gulag called Australia, like in any other prison, they started facking each other in absence of women.

Grin You dickhead....... what's the excuse for it in your enormous & overcrowded prison system now?

Is it a secret desire of yours?

You should try really hard to live that desire.

You deserve it.

The US, to its undying shame, has by far the highest rate of incarceration per capita in the world... about four times as high as China and over ten times as high as Australia..

― John Adams

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #100 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:58pm

It's fake news, Gnads.

You got sucked in.

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) –

People are so gullible.

Quote:
i

Cyara Bird‏ @CyaraBird · Nov 9 

My statement and apology regarding the misinformation surrounding the use of rainbow poppies.

https://twitter.com/CyaraBird/status/1192993039209250816

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #101 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 9:09pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:58pm:
It's fake news, Gnads.

You got sucked in.

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) –

People are so gullible.

Quote:
i

Cyara Bird‏ @CyaraBird · Nov 9 

My statement and apology regarding the misinformation surrounding the use of rainbow poppies.

https://twitter.com/CyaraBird/status/1192993039209250816

Beaten into submission? The printed piece of paper did not target LGBQUIT people at all. It supported the continuance of what the red poppy meant. I guess the LGBQUIT have a lot in common with some other culture we have to kowtow to. The one that would see you take a short fall from a high place.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 11:19pm

Buggar the gays...... oh ....................... wait a minute...  ummm ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print