Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Student suspended refused to wear Rainbow Poppy (Read 3524 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Student suspended refused to wear Rainbow Poppy
Reply #15 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 6:18am

Gnads wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 2:08pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 9:23am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 8:56am:
It's fake news, Gnads.

It's a fake headline.
The student didn't get suspended for refusing to wear a Rainbow poppy.
Th student got suspended for this poster

The poster allegedly distributed by Natalie read:

Quote:
Never seen something so disrespectful in all my days. What does LGBTQ have to do with the war? Red represents Blood, Black represents widows and loved ones, green represents land the blood was spilled on. NEVER change the poppy. Way to un-do centuries of blood sweat and tears all because you needed to do the dishes. Keep it in your pants nobody wants or needs to see it.

You’ve got a whole month dedicated to the LGBTQ community, but the people who legitimately made a difference and died so that we could live decent lives get one day. You don’t need a poppy, you just clearly want attention. One day to celebrate the real hero’s how about we don’t make it about your sexuality for once?

If you didn’t make such a big deal about it and force people to make it a part of their lives it would be no problem.

So she ACTUALLY got suspended for distributing a fairly intollerant and offensive poster
But the conservative media know how easy it is to trigger you right wing loonies
And you fall for it every time  Grin

She was right ... and no doubt worded it that way in frustion to this never ending identity politics bullshyte of the looney left.

The truth hurts ... no doubt all those who made the decision also had the colleges safe spaces crammed to capacity with the terminally butt hurt.

I find it offensive that another LGBTIQ Group should want to drape their rainbow over the Remembrance Day Poppy.

Inappropriate.

Despite both your and the student's unnecessary derision (which if you just bloody well laid off of, everyone would calm the bugger down .. and you speak of others being butt hurt, shesh)) and your lie in the thread title i agree with you in essence.

The poppy should not be touched. Appropriating it for other causes is highly disrespectful.
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2019 at 6:35am by mothra »  

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:17am

Well the Poofs do want a fair share in the military, Dahlings... and sex* change ops and all..... turn queer and you're guaranteed of a top spot these days... refuse to support it and you'll be cashiered... the nation ..... and the military it commands ......  has more important things to do than use genuine talent in its defence forces... it's now got a branch  titled 'Social Engineering Corps'...

*  ooooh - let's not quibble over words, dahlings... we all know the difference between the two genders, the oddballs, and 'gender' as currently read in houses of 'learning' ...

Man up... woman up..... or leave the field.... no time for gold bricks...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:25am

It's fake news, Gnads.

You got sucked in.

Keep an eye out for "Muslims Cancel Christmas" stories   Wink

Muslims are getting ready to cancel Christmas again?  Who'd 've thunk it?  Poor Mussos - so misunderstood - perhaps they'd do better back 'home' where everyone agrees with them... well, sort of, until say, a tiny tribal thing comes into play.. or a minor interpretation of the holy book or something... or some mad mullah utters a wrong word over a microphone ...

Downe at Ye Olde Public Square Mosque:-

Mullah:-  "We must no longer tolerate religious deviation from the Book!"

(side-kick - sotto voce):-  "Umm.. Ibrahim... the word was 'obliterate'  not tolerate... no longer obliterate religious deviation...."

Mullah:-  "Allah be praised - the crowd has already gone off and is rioting against the minority sects.. oh, dear..."

(side-kick):-  "Well - now we're in it - best we just go along.. can't be shown to be wrong.. Allah will sort it out..."

Mullah:-  "You're right.. keep it quiet..."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:28am

aquascoot wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 9:00am:

That's a relief, dear. Your article says she was suspended for something else.

Care to guess what?
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2019 at 8:31am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:29am

The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 9:59am:
cods wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 9:47am:
It's fake news, Gnads.

It's a fake headline.

Quote:
Never seen something so disrespectful in all my days. What does LGBTQ have to do with the war? Red represents Blood, Black represents widows and loved ones, green represents land the blood was spilled on. NEVER change the poppy. Way to un-do centuries of blood sweat and tears all because you needed to do the dishes. Keep it in your pants nobody wants or needs to see it.

You’ve got a whole month dedicated to the LGBTQ community, but the people who legitimately made a difference and died so that we could live decent lives get one day. You don’t need a poppy, you just clearly want attention. One day to celebrate the real hero’s how about we don’t make it about your sexuality for once?

If you didn’t make such a big deal about it and force people to make it a part of their lives it would be no problem.

So she ACTUALLY got suspended for distributing a fairly intollerant and offensive poster
But the conservative media know how easy it is to trigger you right wing loonies

I dont see the intolerance in that post to be honest...

can you point to me where the intolerance actually is..

I thought highlighting the text would be enough of a clue  Wink

Don't forget that this was a poster distributed at a school

that appears to me to make YOU to be the intolerant one... not the lass....

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:33am

cods wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:29am:
The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 9:59am:
cods wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 9:47am:
It's fake news, Gnads.

It's a fake headline.

Quote:

I dont see the intolerance in that post to be honest...

can you point to me where the intolerance actually is..

I thought highlighting the text would be enough of a clue  Wink

Don't forget that this was a poster distributed at a school

that appears to me to make YOU to be the intolerant one... not the lass....

FFS    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:34am

It's fake news, Gnads.

It's a fake headline.

Quote:

Son - what's offensive and intolerant is Poofs getting a month of celebration (see NAIDOC Week v Australia Day) as opposed to the one day of the year when respect is shown for the sacrifice of millions by wearing a red poppy... not a poof poppy...

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:46am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:34am:
Son - what's offensive and intolerant is Poofs getting a month of celebration (see NAIDOC Week v Australia Day) as opposed to the one day of the year when respect is shown for the sacrifice of millions by wearing a red poppy... not a poof poppy..

watch it grap   you will be considered to be one of THEM at this rate....

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:50am

cods wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:46am:
Son - what's offensive and intolerant is Poofs getting a month of celebration (see NAIDOC Week v Australia Day) as opposed to the one day of the year when respect is shown for the sacrifice of millions by wearing a red poppy... not a poof poppy..

And you of course see nothing wrong with what he wrote.

All it is to you is an opportunity to bitchily continue yet another one of your dramas.

Seriously, how many do have on the boil this morning?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 8:11am

mothra wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:50am:

All it is to you is an opportunity to bitchily continue yet another one of your dramas.

oh I thought we were ignoring each other... did you say you dont give a damn about what I think or say?..

maybe I imagined it..pet...

or would you prefer you talk about me.. and I just ignore it.. Smiley Smiley

I am easy!!!  no wait maybe I am wearing my "bitchy" hat early this morning...goodness me I do seem to get to you dont I???

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 8:13am

Not me  - at the moment I'm more in tune with our Indigenous brothers in their condemnation of fire hazard reduction failures over years... working out what I can do to get involved somehow..

Every time I mention it, the ex I'm carer for vetoes it - can't be left alone by herself etc with no car, and think about your heart condition (if I thought about that I wouldn't be here, and I'd get nothing done) ... her best solution is to make some ANZAC biccies and take them up to the fire station..

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 8:15am

... and it's my slouch hat, too... I made that one...

Man up or leave the field... buggar the poofs... (wait a minute).....

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 8:16am

cods wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 8:11am:
mothra wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 7:50am:

oh I thought we were ignoring each other... did you say you dont give a damn about what I think or say?..

maybe I imagined it..pet...

or would you prefer you talk about me.. and I just ignore it.. Smiley Smiley

I am easy!!!  no wait maybe I am wearing my "bitchy" hat early this morning...goodness me I do seem to get to you dont I???

I dunno, Cods. I certainly never agreed to anything so childish as to ignore you. I k now you've been threatening to ignore me for just about as long as i've posted here. You never stick to it so i ignore that. Does that count?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 8:21am

Anyway - what's 'offensive' about expecting a society to not debase what has become a tradition to honour the fallen..??

How the Fork does the 'gay community' get onto such a thing as 'wearing a rainbow poppy' - to honour the heroic deaths of poofs in their endless battle with the rest of us?  How does a school condemn a child for making it plain that such nonsense is out of order and is an insultto the nation and those who fought?

FFS... poofs etc wouldn't have any rights if society generally didn't tolerate them - they even get special treatment in some ways - how about a bit of reciprocation for a change?  A bit of 'respect'?

Same with a few other Usual Suspect whiners....  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 8:22am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 8:13am:

Not me  - at the moment I'm more in tune with our Indigenous brothers in their condemnation of fire hazard reduction failures over years... working out what I can do to get involved somehow..

Every time I mention it, the ex I'm carer for vetoes it - can't be left alone by herself etc with no car, and think about your heart condition (if I thought about that I wouldn't be here, and I'd get nothing done) ... her best solution is to make some ANZAC biccies and take them up to the fire station..

you have duties at the home front grap.....as we all do.....and whats wrong with anzac biccies????.....its a lovely thought....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print