Send Topic Print
sad news (Read 2771 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

sad news
Nov 9th, 2019 at 5:15pm

how do you deal with the worst news?

this morning a friend wrote me how her husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumor I saw him a few months ago as bright as a button...now its terminal he has had an operation and will have some treatment but all it will do is maybe give him and her of course a few more months if that......having been through this terrible news....you would think I would know what to say or do.....it brought back my pain as you may have guessed... but I would like to help her cope...lucky she has her family close by and they are holding her up at the moment he is home and she is caring for him so she has plenty to do...but I know whats ahead of her.. he is the sweetest of men...I can never understand why its those who do nothing to warrant such dreadful news...that always seem to die early. he is only in his 60s... I am still coming to terms with the news...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: sad news
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 10:09pm

For me, Death should be just as happy a moment as being born is.
For some it is 'glorious' and to be 'remembered' down through the ages, as they die a heroic deed in battle.

I die when I am very old. Sitting under a tree, I examine my broken walking stick. A branch from above falls and knocks me on the head. Lights out! Alas, even my 'Family Tree' had kicked me out like a broken branch.  Tongue

Sometimes, death is of our choosing.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 10:14pm

Quote:

how do you deal with the worst news?

I don't know 'how to deal with it'.

It is always a deeply cutting, and emotionally damaging, experience when it is someone very close to you.

With time, the hurt fades.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 10:55pm

I find that when you lose the people closest to you it changes who you are forever, you are never quite the same again.

I remember that when my grandmother died my Mother carried a little bit of sadness with her for the rest of her life.

They say that time heals I find that for many it doesn't but it does make it easier. The pain losses some of its sharpness and doesn't visit as often.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2019 at 6:26am

Dnarever wrote on Nov 9th, 2019 at 10:55pm:
I find that when you lose the people closest to you it changes who you are forever, you are never quite the same again.

I remember that when my grandmother died my Mother carried a little bit of sadness with her for the rest of her life.

They say that time heals I find that for many it doesn't but it does make it easier. The pain losses some of its sharpness and doesn't visit as often.

oh definitely  time fades thats all

some people can replace the person they lose...that didnt happen to me I didnt want it too......I know what my friend has to face ahead that doesnt help at all...

you are on the outside looking in...

never quite fitting in.....its a burden you cant share with anyone...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2019 at 8:38am

Those that have died to me are only away, never absent from me.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2019 at 9:44am

Jasin wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 8:38am:

how about a long loving partner jasin?... one that you have become so used to having around  and suddenly they are ripped away from you! Sad

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2019 at 5:15pm

cods wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 9:44am:
Jasin wrote on Nov 10th, 2019 at 8:38am:

how about a long loving partner jasin?... one that you have become so used to having around  and suddenly they are ripped away from you! Sad

I'ld say go watch some Attenborough Doco's (Good one on Australia Wednesday night).

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 5:27am

my friend is off to the hospital today taking hubby to prepare for his radiation treatment  which starts soon...

I wish I had the words to help her through this..

jasin you obviously have never lost someone so close to you and I am glad for you....until you walk in their shoes.. Sad Sad Sad Sad

have a nice day!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 7:48am

cods wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 5:27am:
my friend is off to the hospital today taking hubby to prepare for his radiation treatment  which starts soon...

I wish I had the words to help her through this..

jasin you obviously have never lost someone so close to you and I am glad for you....until you walk in their shoes.. Sad Sad Sad Sad

have a nice day!

I've experienced many people die around me.
I've worked Palliative, Mental Health (Suicides) and more.
Being 'close' to someone is relative.
I look after a family atm - both parents will pass in a few years, as I and a few other 'staff' endeavour to give them a quality of life.

Dying should be a happy experience, just like being born - no? Huh

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 7:26am

ahh! so you feel no pain.. I get it..

it isnt the dying   its the watching them fade away the lose of hope...the helplessness....you wouldnt understand that of course.....

IP Logged

betty

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 11:14am

cods wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 7:26am:

it isnt the dying   its the watching them fade away the lose of hope...the helplessness....you wouldnt understand that of course.....

Well he could try but what good would it do him I wondering ?  He might try to understand and then think about it some more ?

Jasin give it a go and see what you come up with ?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 4:48pm

betty wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 11:14am:
cods wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 7:26am:

Well he could try but what good would it do him I wondering ?  He might try to understand and then think about it some more ?

Jasin give it a go and see what you come up with ?

jasin thinks  being in aged care and watching strangers pass   is the same thing as watching a dear one pass.

its a bit like feeling the pain of watching a mate go to the dentist......its impossible unless you have been there.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:32am

I'm not in Aged Care.

In an over-populated world by 7 Billion.
Life is cheap, but toilet paper is expensive.
We need a cull, or the greater Death will be upon us - for all eternity.

It's a throw away society Cods.
You can't fix it.
So just go out and buy yourself a new one.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:42am

go away jasin this thread isnt for you... and I dont need this right now ..

thanks anyway!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print