she is a feminist    
  2 (22.2%)
she is a racist    
  4 (44.4%)

Total votes: 9
« Created by: freediver on: Nov 9th, 2019 at 2:42pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
a woman's place is in the kitchen (Read 9224 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
a woman's place is in the kitchen
Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:20pm

Mothra the feminist has been tripping over herself to come up with creative excuses for Aborigines banning all women and all white people from Ayers rock. But in her efforts to demonstrate her respect for Aboriginal lore by telling us all what Anungu women really think, the poor old dear has completely forgotten what the correct opinion is of men who say that a woman's place is in the kitchen.

Are there any intelligent white women around who can help her out with this one?

freediver wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 11:20am:
mothra wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:58am:
Anangu women don't want to climb Uluru, Cods. They have their own spaces.

Also, on what basis do you offer us the opinion of Anungu women? Are they too inferior to think for themselves, so they need an intelligent white feminist to let everyone know it's OK to ban them from the rock because they don't want to climb it anyway? And if they are so inferior, why are they allowed an opinion but you are not?

freediver wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:32am:
mothra wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:14am:
freediver wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:07am:
mothra wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:05am:
cods wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 8:55am:
what is the punishment if a women even an aboriginal one decides   bugger it I will climb the bloody thing

it seem to have you fired up fd.....kind of puts equality in perspective wouldnt you say?.. Wink Wink

here we are dragging the Arabs into the 21st century.. and our aboriginal chums seem to be in reverse......

rather sad...I am not sure why it is necessary for even the men to be allowed to climb it...what is so special about the MEN?

Cods, in Aboriginal culture, there is land that is for men and land that is for women.

Uluru just happens to be  men's business.

Just like some people happen to believe that a woman's place is in the kitchen.

Do you have an opinion on any of this Mothra? I am interested to know whether you are afraid of having an opinion or if you are merely afraid to share it. Do you think cods is out of place for offering her opinion?

Sorry FD, you're just too ridiculous to discuss anything with, Thought i'd give you another go ... i've thought otherwise since.

Mothra it is perfectly natural for you to get emotional rather than self reflect, but sooner or later you will have to stop being so irrational.

I'll try an easier example, what is your opinion of traditional men who think that a woman's place is in the kitchen?

freediver wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:05am:
mothra wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 8:53am:
freediver wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 8:52am:
Mothra do you support the ban on women or not? Don't be afraid of your own opinion now.

There is no ban on women. How many times do you want me to say it?

Women are banned from climbing the rock. Why are you so afraid of your opinion about that?

Quote:
here we are dragging the Arabs into the 21st century.. and our aboriginal chums seem to be in reverse......

rather sad...I am not sure why it is necessary for even the men to be allowed to climb it...what is so special about the MEN?

It's their tradition cods. I'm sure mothra will be along shortly to offer excuses for keeping women out of boardrooms, so long as they are in charge of the kitchen. After all, it's not really a ban if they let the female cleaners into the boardroom after the meetings. Is that right Mothra? Or do you expect higher standards from white people?
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:26pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: a woman's place is in the kitchen
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:22pm

freediver wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 12:17pm:
cods wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 12:06pm:
mothra wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 10:11am:
cods wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 10:06am:
mothra wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:58am:
cods wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:53am:
mothra wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:05am:
cods wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 8:55am:
what is the punishment if a women even an aboriginal one decides   bugger it I will climb the bloody thing

it seem to have you fired up fd.....kind of puts equality in perspective wouldnt you say?.. Wink Wink

Cods, in Aboriginal culture, there is land that is for men and land that is for women.

Uluru just happens to be  men's business.

can you show where that is so?...or is it something that has just been invented.......culture  is something that really never changes  Roll Eyes but yes it does.....our [white] culture has change d a huge amount..  thankfully

whilst we still have boys schools and girls school..

neither sex if forbidden  to enter those establishments...

in fact we whites are trying to make equality even more equal.. Roll Eyes

I went past a unisex toilet the other day... I thought!   nahhhh   I am not ready for that and kept walking...

it is after all my choice....and so it should be for those ladies who are forbidden to climb the rock...

they are not making a choice they are being told.... I see a difference there thats all.

How can i make that fact that there are men's lands and women's lands any clearer?

I honestly don't think i can.

Anangu women don't want to climb Uluru, Cods. They have their own spaces.

you are of course talking NOW...women to my mind are evolving at a great rate at this time.....aboriginal women are no acception     at the end of the day  this ruling was made by MEN with no consultation .... as women have been climbing the rock since it was first allowed............this no women...seems to me to be a new invention...

where is it said that Anangu women do not wish to climb the rock??..... where they asked do you know?

Why are you not championing the rights for men to go on women's territory?

because this thread..is about

ABORIGINAL WOMEN NOT BEING ALLOWED TO CLIMB THE ROCK   BUT THE MEN ARE..

maybe thats why mothra..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I am surprised I have to point that out..  may I ask

WHY IS  AN ADMITTED FEMINIST NOT UP IN ARMS REGARDING

WOMEN BEING BANNED AFTER YEARS OF ALLOWING IT.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

suddenly women are singled out to NOT BE ALLOWED TO CLIMB THE ROCK.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

why are you championing the men on this one mothra?

Smiley Smiley

seems a bit odd for a well known feminist...

Seems a little bit hypocritical to me. Mind you, she also seems to have forgotten what the correct opinion is regarding men who say that a woman's place is in the kitchen. Maybe she's googling whether Aborigines have kitchens.

freediver wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 6:22pm:
cods wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 6:02pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 5:53pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 5:45pm:
Members here go on about rejecting the Aboriginal existence based upon the primitive ownership of 'Sticks' and a piece of 'Bark' for a house.
Yet when it comes to the Aboriginal 'ownership' of Lands and Uluru ...oh these Members cry hoot n' toot.

Do you think anyone would have complained if honkies like master Light had gotten their way and banned women from Ayers rock on account of them being more open to demonic attack?

cods wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 3:27pm:
Quote:
Good question, dear. Why aren't feminists allowed to participate in ancient male Boong rituals if they damn well choose?

You're a feminist, Cods. Aren't you enraged?

another mistake you have made pet.. Roll Eyes I am far too critical of women   

you have me mixed up with your bestie mothra...who would flog the heck out of any male on here who dared suggest men should  have more right to make rules for women... and women must suck it up... Smiley Smileyeven more so if the women happen to be black..

just sayin like!

Unless they are black of course. She does not expect Aborigines to be so civilised.

oh OK   I hadnt thought of that...I found it hard to get past the word "culture" which seems to mean

hey its OK....its their culture... Grin Grin Grin

where how who decides that??.....  just the men of course...

its a shame just as I get to ask a few tough questions mothra disappears......

yet she asks me the tough questions.. like this

I think Mothra is a closet racist. It's the soft bigotry of low expectations.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:24pm

Another Effendi quote bomb.  Jayzuz.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:39pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:24pm:

Pot confesses sins of kettle ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 8:10pm

AiA wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:39pm:

Nope.  You will never see me gathering a collection of some posts to then bombard anyone with.  A single post, yes.  Get back in your box.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 8:15pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 8:10pm:
AiA wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:39pm:

Nope.  You will never see me gathering a collection of some posts to then bombard anyone with.  A single post, yes.  Get back in your box.

So laf. A single post or a half dozen, what difference does it make? A quote bomb is a quote bomb.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 8:58pm

Kinder, Küche, Kirche!!

White Feminist Woman's Burden to show the Kaffir women their proper place.... it is a kind of soft racist elitism ... but feminists are notoriously blind to reality...

Many other people don't want to climb Ayers Rock - I happen to be one of them  - that doesn't mean that all such should be excluded.. different stroke there... just because those ladies may not want to scale the heights, doesn't mean they should be banished to their 'own places' .... and refused entry if they do wish to climb...

Same as everyone else... sorry 'bout that...

Free The Rock!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 11:45pm

You've gotta admit it's fricking hilarious watching Mothra with her hatred of the "patriarchy", "toxic masculinity", "rape culture", etc stick up for cultures like Islam or "traditional" aboriginal culture with a straight face. As long as it's not the culture she lives in, it's all OK, I mean it'd be racist not to, yeah? More than OK, it should be respected, admired, treasured. As soon as it's the culture she lives in being discussed, it's toxic. I'll leave the rationality and sanity of a person that can hold two opposing views like that open to dispute. The doublethink, the cognitive dissonance is very strong with Kaiju.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 11:49pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 11:45pm:

You've gotta admit it's fricking hilarious watching Mothra with her hatred of the "patriarchy", "toxic masculinity", "rape culture", etc stick up for cultures like Islam or "traditional" aboriginal culture with a straight face. As long as it's not the culture she lives in, it's all OK. More than OK, it should be respected, admired, treasured. As soon as it's the culture she lives in being discussed, it's toxic. I'll leave the rationality and sanity of a person that can hold two opposing views like that open to dispute. The doublethink, the cognitive dissonance is very strong with Kaiju.

Fair point. A point that if I were to bring up I'd be threatened with a suspension.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 11:51pm

AiA wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 11:49pm:

You've gotta admit it's fricking hilarious watching Mothra with her hatred of the "patriarchy", "toxic masculinity", "rape culture", etc stick up for cultures like Islam or "traditional" aboriginal culture with a straight face. As long as it's not the culture she lives in, it's all OK. More than OK, it should be respected, admired, treasured. As soon as it's the culture she lives in being discussed, it's toxic. I'll leave the rationality and sanity of a person that can hold two opposing views like that open to dispute. The doublethink, the cognitive dissonance is very strong with Kaiju.

Fair point. A point that if I were to bring up I'd be threatened with a suspension.

Why would you think that?

Edit: I suppose it might depend on how you worded it but the idea put forward should not be a problem.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 1:01am

Setanta wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 11:51pm:

Edit: I suppose it might depend on how you worded it but the idea put forward should not be a problem.

Why do I think that? Because it has happened. Mothra connects every dot with "rape," an act she seems okay with as long it is outside Anglosphere ...

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 1:13am

AiA wrote on Nov 9th, 2019 at 1:01am:

Why do I think that? Because it has happened. Mothra connects every dot with "rape," an act she seems okay with as long it is outside Anglosphere ...

Perhaps if you didn't make it personal. I haven't. It's possible to make the point that she's not overly interested in rape outside of her culture without making it personal. She is just a one of the herd of "independent" minds. Actually she was asking what the next pejorative she and hers might be called after SJW etc. Minds that think they are independently thinking but really are not. They cluster together, you see them at work here all the time, so much so that others think they are the same person.

« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2019 at 1:22am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 3:18am

Setanta wrote on Nov 9th, 2019 at 1:13am:
AiA wrote on Nov 9th, 2019 at 1:01am:

Perhaps if you didn't make it personal. I haven't. It's possible to make the point that she's not overly interested in rape outside of her culture without making it personal. She is just a one of the herd of "independent" minds. Actually she was asking what the next pejorative she and hers might be called after SJW etc. Minds that think they are independently thinking but really are not. They cluster together, you see them at work here all the time, so much so that others think they are the same person.

Personal? Like telling her her crotch stinks? Actually, I haven't done that.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 6:45am

You've gotta admit it's fricking hilarious watching Mothra with her hatred of the "patriarchy", "toxic masculinity", "rape culture", etc stick up for cultures like Islam or "traditional" aboriginal culture with a straight face. As long as it's not the culture she lives in, it's all OK, I mean it'd be racist not to, yeah? More than OK, it should be respected, admired, treasured. As soon as it's the culture she lives in being discussed, it's toxic. I'll leave the rationality and sanity of a person that can hold two opposing views like that open to dispute. The doublethink, the cognitive dissonance is very strong with Kaiju.

The same reasons I couldn't watch Q&A on Monday night.

A panel full of Mothras. Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 7:26am

"Why are these white, male, right-wing commentators so obsessed with someone trying to shake people awake into noticing how horrific these statistics are when it comes to sexual violence and murder? Last year [in Melbourne] a young woman was raped and murdered in a park while walking home. How is this still happening today?"

Indeed its a fair point.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print