China (Read 1235 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

China
Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:21pm

how awesome

Infrastructure networks
The Belt and Road Initiative is about improving the physical infrastructure along land corridors that roughly equate to the old silk road. These are the belts in the title, and a maritime silk road.[23] Infrastructure corridors encompassing around 60 countries, primarily in Asia and Europe but also including Oceania and East Africa, will cost an estimated US$4–8 trillion.[24][25] The initiative has been contrasted with the two US-centric trading arrangements, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.[25] The projects receive financial support from the Silk Road Fund and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank while they are technically coordinated by the B&R Summit Forum. The land corridors include:[23]

The New Eurasian Land Bridge, which runs from Western China to Western Russia through Kazakhstan, and includes the Silk Road Railway through China's Xinjiang Autonomous Region, Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland and Germany.
The China–Mongolia–Russia Corridor, which will run from Northern China to the Russian Far East. The Russian government-established Russian Direct Investment Fund and China's China Investment Corporation, a Chinese government investment agency, partnered in 2012 to create the Sino-Russian Investment Fund, which concentrates on opportunities in bilateral integration.[26][27]
The China–Central Asia–West Asia Corridor, which will run from Western China to Turkey.
The China–Indochina Peninsula Corridor, which will run from Southern China to Singapore.
The China–Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) (Chinese: 中国-巴基斯坦经济走廊; Urdu: پاكستان-چین اقتصادی راہداری‎) which is also classified as "closely related to the Belt and Road Initiative",[28] a US$62 billion collection of infrastructure projects throughout Pakistan[29][30][31] which aims to rapidly modernize Pakistan's transportation networks, energy infrastructure, and economy.[30][31][32][33] On 13 November 2016, CPEC became partly operational when Chinese cargo was transported overland to Gwadar Port for onward maritime shipment to Africa and West Asia

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: China
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:23pm

Ethiopia's Eastern Industrial Zone is a manufacturing hub outside Addis Ababa that was built by China and occupied by factories of Chinese manufacturers.[52] According to Chinese media and the vice director of the industrial zone, there were 83 companies resident within the zone, of which 56 had started production.[53]

In May 2014, Premier Li Keqiang signed a cooperation agreement with the Kenyan government to build the Mombasa–Nairobi Standard Gauge Railway connecting Mombasa to Nairobi. The railway cost US$3.2bn and was Kenya's biggest infrastructure project since independence.

On 12 January 2019, Nigeria's first standard gauge railway, which has been successfully operated for 900 days, had no major accidents since its inception. With the successful completion of the railway construction by China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC), the Abuja Kaduna train service began commercial operation on 27 July 2016. The Abuja-Kaduna Railway Line is one of the first standard railroad railway modernization projects (SGRMP) in Nigeria. This is the first part of the Lagos-Kano standard metrics project, which will connect the business centres of Nigeria with the economic activity centres of the northwestern part of the country.[60]

In a resolution of the Johannesburg Summit of the China-Africa Cooperation Forum in 2015, the Chinese government promised to provide satellite television to 10,000 African villages.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:24pm

is there no end to the awesomeness

Sudan, China has helped the country to establish its own oil industry, and provided agricultural assistance for the cotton industry.[citation needed]

Future plans include developing railways, roads, ports, a nuclear power station, solar power farms and more dams for irrigation and electricity generation.[62

Poland
Poland was one of the first European countries to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with China about the BRI in 2015.[67]

Greece
The foreign ministers of China and Greece signed a Memorandum of Understanding related to further cooperation under the Belt and Road initiative on 29 August 2018. COSCO revitalized and currently runs the Port of Piraeus.[68][37]

Portugal
During president Xi's visit to Lisbon in December 2018, the Southern European nation signed a Memorandum of Understanding with China.[69]

Italy
In March 2019, Italy became the first G7 Nation to join China's Belt and Road Initiative.[70][71]

Austria
During a visit of chancellor Kurz to China in April 2019, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed on Austria’s cooperation in the BRI project. According to Kurz, Austria “support[s] the One Belt One Road initiative and [is] trying to forge a close economic cooperation [with China]. Austria has know-how and expertise to offer in many areas where China is looking for the same.”[72]

Luxembourg
On 27 March 2019, Luxembourg signed an agreement with China to cooperate on Belt and Road Initiative.[73]

Switzerland
On 29 April 2019, during his visit in Beijing, Swiss President Ueli Maurer signed a Memorandum of Understanding with China under the Belt and Road Initiative.[7

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:25pm

more awesomness

Indonesia
In 2016, China Railway International won a bid to build Indonesia's first high-speed rail, the 140 km (87 mi) Jakarta–Bandung High Speed Rail. It will shorten the journey time between Jakarta and Bandung from over three hours to forty minutes[85] The project, initially scheduled for completion in 2019, was delayed by land clearance issues.[86] 2000 locals are working on the project.

Laos
In Laos, construction of the 414 km (257 mi) Vientiane–Boten Railway began on 25 December 2016 and is scheduled to be completed in 2021. It is China's first overseas railway project that will connect to China's railway network.[87] Once operational, the Laos–China Railway will be Laos' longest and connect with Thailand to become part of the proposed Kunming–Singapore railway, extending from the Chinese city of Kunming and running through Thailand and Laos to terminate at Singapore.[88][89] It is estimated to cost US$5.95 billion with 70% of the railway owned by China, while Laos's remaining 30% stake will be mostly financed by loans from China.[90] However, it faces opposition within Laos due to the high cost of the project.[91]

Malaysia
Under the Premiership of Najib Razak, Malaysia signed multiple investment deals with China, including a US$27 billion East Coast Rail Link project, pipeline projects worth more than $3.1 billion, as well as a $100 billion Forest City in Johor.[

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:26pm

is there no end

Pakistan
Main article: China–Pakistan Economic Corridor
The China–Pakistan Economic Corridor is a major Belt and Road Initiative project encompassing investments in transport, energy and maritime infrastructure.

Sri Lanka
China's main investment in Sri Lanka was the Magampura Mahinda Rajapaksa Port, mostly funded by the Chinese government and built by two Chinese companies. It claims to be the largest port in Sri Lanka

In Thailand in 2005, the Chinese pharmaceutical company, Holley Group, and the Thai industrial estate developer, Amata Group, signed an agreement to develop the Thai–Chinese Rayong Industrial Zone. Since 2012, Chinese companies have also opened solar, rubber, and industrial manufacturing plants in the zone, and the zone expects the number to increase to 500 by 2021.[109]

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:28pm

even south america

Argentina
The Argentine-China Joint Hydropower Project will build two dams on the Santa Cruz River in southern Argentina: Condor Cliff and La Barrancosa. The China Gezhouba Group Corporation (CGGC) will be responsible for the project, which is expected to provide 5,000 direct and 15,000 indirect jobs in the country. It will generate 4,950 MWh of electricity, reducing the dependence on fossil fuels.[113]

Jamaica
On 11 April 2019, Jamaica and China signed a memorandum of understanding for Jamaica to join

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:28pm

middle east....no problems

Arab countries
In April 2019 and during the second Arab Forum on Reform and Development, China engaged in an array of partnerships called “Build the Belt and Road, Share Development and Prosperity” with 18 Arab countries. The amount of trade between the two entities has grown almost ten-fold over the last 10 years. That is because China does not see the Middle East as their ‘petrol station’ anymore. Many further areas of commerce are being involved nowadays; ports in Oman, factories in Algeria, skyscrapers in Egypt’s new capital, etc. China is interested in providing financial security to those countries, who after many Arab wars and American interventions, live off the U.S support. On the one hand, Arab countries gain independence and on the other, China opens the door of a colossal market. As the president of Lebanon Michel Aoun stated, “We regard China as a good friend and are willing to further consolidate the relationship with China. We would like to draw the experience from China’s reform and development so as to benefit our people and seek our opportunities for development”.[161] An additional advantage on China's part is that it plays a neutral role on the level of diplomacy. China is not interested in intervening between Saudi Arabia and Iran’s conflict for instance. Therefore, it succeeds in trading with countries which are enemies.[162]

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #7 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:36pm

Will you still be telling us how great they are when they take us over deadshit?

Angry Angry Angry Angry

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:57pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:36pm:
Will you still be telling us how great they are when they take us over deadshit?

Angry Angry Angry Angry

They will certainly take over the lazy entitled neutered Tom cats.
But I am extremely industrious and admire aspiration and strategic ambition. So I will be a willing ally.
I must ensure my children marry Chinese doctors and dentists so we can all vibe with the new rulers

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #9 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:10pm

aquascoot wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:57pm:

Angry Angry Angry Angry

But I am extremely industrious and admire aspiration and strategic ambition. So I will be a willing ally.
I must ensure my children marry Chinese doctors and dentists so we can all vibe with the new rulers

Not surprised as you do sound like traiterous bastard  that most of wouldn't piss on if you were on fire!

Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:15pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:10pm:

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Not surprised as you do sound like traiterous bastard  that most of wouldn't piss on if you were on fire!

Angry Angry Angry Angry

aqua has no love for this country.

He loves money, that's all.

And he doesn't care how or where he gets it.

He actually encourages people to break the law in order to achieve personal wealth.

No wonder he likes Trump so much.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #11 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:30pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:10pm:

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Angry Angry Angry Angry

aqua has no love for this country.

He loves money, that's all.

And he doesn't care how or where he gets it.

He actually encourages people to break the law in order to achieve personal wealth.

No wonder he likes Trump so much.

He is a disgrace that had better watch his back if China takes us over which could happen in the long term as USA is a dubious ally with TRUMP the nutcase in charge.

Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 5:05pm

Laos
In Laos, construction of the 414 km (257 mi) Vientiane–Boten Railway began on 25 December 2016 and is scheduled to be completed in 2021. It is China's first overseas railway project that will connect to China's railway network.[87] Once operational, the Laos–China Railway will be Laos' longest and connect with Thailand to become part of the proposed Kunming–Singapore railway, extending from the Chinese city of Kunming and running through Thailand and Laos to terminate at Singapore.[88][89] It is estimated to cost US$5.95 billion with 70% of the railway owned by China, while Laos's remaining 30% stake will be mostly financed by loans from China.[90] However, it faces opposition within Laos due to the high cost of the project.[91]

my daughter is currently on a 3 yr posting to Laos.....she has never seen such poverty close up... talk of a massive railway   which by the sound of this report only the wealthy will afford to use....doesnt sound too much as if its for the Laos people... who live without proper roads... drinking water sanitation just basics in fact... she has seen little children washing clothes in the gutters....food is mainly vegetables  meat is a dream its   unaffordable...you have no idea aqua....

and if you believe China is doing this because of their good HEART... may I suggest you take a good look at HONG KONG.. Angry

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 5:37pm

I'm with Aqua.
I'm a Globalist.
Nations are just 'small town', small mindedness.
There's a whole new Race out there and everything is Purple in the International scene of people.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:24pm

cods wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 5:05pm:
Laos

my daughter is currently on a 3 yr posting to Laos.....she has never seen such poverty close up... talk of a massive railway   which by the sound of this report only the wealthy will afford to use....doesnt sound too much as if its for the Laos people... who live without proper roads... drinking water sanitation just basics in fact... she has seen little children washing clothes in the gutters....food is mainly vegetables  meat is a dream its   unaffordable...you have no idea aqua....

and if you believe China is doing this because of their good HEART... may I suggest you take a good look at HONG KONG.. Angry

Is she in Vientiane?

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #15 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 9:17pm

Chinese Gordon?  Hmmm ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 9:20pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 5:37pm:
I'm with Aqua.
I'm a Globalist.
Nations are just 'small town', small mindedness.
There's a whole new Race out there and everything is Purple in the International scene of people.

Only until they slip up and we bomb them back into the cave era....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 9:20pm

Gordon wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:24pm:
Laos

Is she in Vientiane?

Surely that fabulous railway will benefit trade and industry, and trickledown will take care of the people of Laos?

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 9:39pm

Gordon wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 7:24pm:
Laos

Is she in Vientiane?

Yes!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print