Send Topic Print
RIP Ayres Rock (Read 30386 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: RIP Ayres Rock
Reply #645 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:16pm

Gotta admire the old Aboriginal woman who turned up in Whitey's wheelchair and all the rest of them decked out in Whitey's clothing and hats and stuff, and using Whitey's words - and thinking they were getting back a rock on some silly sacred idea... as if it was a right - when the reality is that a government appointed body took over and shut it down for their own silly reasons having nothing to do with any Aboriginals 'owning' it.

Yet you silly lot go on and on...

The Rock IS FREE - just take it and use it as you wish... what are they gonna do to you?

Sheep - frightened off a National Property by a few signs with no value... you ever heard of a Ghost Fence?  That's it in action...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #646 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 8:18pm

The simple fact is this on October 25 1985 the Governor General gave the Anangu people the title to their land.

Complaining that you can't climb a rock on Anangu land is the same as complaining a pastoralist hasn't let you climb anything on their land.

If you don't have permission then too bad.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #647 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 8:36pm

Raven wrote on Nov 22nd, 2019 at 8:18pm:
The simple fact is this on October 25 1985 the Governor General gave the Anangu people the title to their land.

Complaining that you can't climb a rock on Anangu land is the same as complaining a pastoralist hasn't let you climb anything on their land.

I don't know about "climbing" but you can legally pass through station land(pastoralists) and I have. Just remember to leave the gates as you find them. Might be able to find some pics of our travels off to the north of the Gibb River Road in 84 in our HK.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #648 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 9:42pm

ShockedSetanta wrote on Nov 22nd, 2019 at 8:36pm:

I don't know about "climbing" but you can legally pass through station land(pastoralists) and I have. Just remember to leave the gates as you find them. Might be able to find some pics of our travels off to the north of the Gibb River Road in 84 in our HK.

And you can legally pass through Anangu land. Those station lands you passed through, if you were aware of areas they told you to avoid, would you go there?

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #649 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 9:51pm

So government is the ultimate authority and we should stop complaining if we don't like what they do?

Can you dumb it down any more?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #650 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 10:20pm

Raven wrote on Nov 22nd, 2019 at 9:42pm:

And you can legally pass through Anangu land. Those station lands you passed through, if you were aware of areas they told you to avoid, would you go there?

I don't know. Local elders have given my family, one a woman, my wife, permission to climb Mt Warning. We haven't but would that permission be rescinded if they disallow climbing?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #651 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 11:51pm

freediver wrote on Nov 22nd, 2019 at 9:51pm:

So government is the ultimate authority and we should stop complaining if we don't like what they do?

"Totalitarianism refers to a political system in which all authority is in the hands of the state. In a totalitarian society, all control of public and private life are government run."

https://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-totalitarianism.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #652 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 11:58pm

Raven wrote on Nov 22nd, 2019 at 9:42pm:

So I can 'legally' climb 'their' Rock?  Thanks, mate...

It depends on WHY you were told not to pass through them - say ... errrr... swamp.... no roads... no access...

I'd hardly think that any Outback grazier saying not to go somewhere would be because it somehow adversely affects his cattle - like ten to a thousand acres etc...  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Are you saying now that the 'closure' of The Rock is solely because of safety considerations - ergo - has nothing to do with any 'tribal' wants?

So tell me now - is the 'closure ' of climbing of Our Rock because of some Aboriginal want - or is it a necessity?  You know - needs versus wants?

Which is it?

Does the government appointed body state clearly that is is because of some Aboriginal myth about 'spirits'?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #653 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 12:05am

Exactly whose 'permission' is required?

HELLO? You mean I can gain 'permission'?  How so?  If that is the case, and people can gain 'permission'' through some process - why close it at all if the ban is on ALL climbing of Our Rock?

Give me YOUR reasons.  And try to be civil and non-racist about it, kids.

Free Fire Zone on all Boongs trying to climb Our Rock.... sounds good.. total closure means TOTAL.

Come back, good buddy???  **coughs** anyone got a valid answer?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #654 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 12:14pm

Are you saying they don't own it because you complain about the government giving it to them?

I'm curious, but you won't say.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #655 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 12:17pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 23rd, 2019 at 12:14pm:

Are you saying they don't own it because you complain about the government giving it to them?

Our government has a long history of giving people land. That's how this country was built. But they did not give Ayers rock to anyone. Even they did not think the Anungu were capable of managing it properly.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #656 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 1:11pm

The Queen is set to relinquish all British entitlement to their Colony Australia upon her death.
"All of Australia will be returned to the Aboriginal peoples and we thank them for allowing us to 'borrow' some of it to process our Convicts."

Two weeks after the Queen's passing, all Australians will come under the rule of Aboriginal Australia.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

betty

Australian Politics

Reply #657 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 1:15pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 23rd, 2019 at 1:11pm:
The Queen is set to relinquish all British entitlement to their Colony Australia upon her death.
"All of Australia will be returned to the Aboriginal peoples and we thank them for allowing us to 'borrow' some of it to process our Convicts."

Two weeks after the Queen's passing, all Australians will come under the rule of Aboriginal Australia.

utter rubbish Jasin

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #658 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 1:24pm

Link please, .JaSin.

*notes that .JaSin. seemed to log off very quickly after Betty and I posted. Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2019 at 1:31pm by Carl D »  

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #659 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 1:26pm

freediver wrote on Nov 23rd, 2019 at 12:17pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 23rd, 2019 at 12:14pm:

Our government has a long history of giving people land. That's how this country was built. But they did not give Ayers rock to anyone. Even they did not think the Anungu were capable of managing it properly.

they also know that on giving they can also take away...

its only ever on loan....and then only at the govt of the days pleasure..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 48
Send Topic Print