RIP Ayres Rock (Read 30497 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: RIP Ayres Rock
Reply #630 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:26am

cods wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 9:58am:
Redmond Neck wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 9:36am:
I just regard it as an opportunity grabbed by the coons to jam something up the whiteys nose.

"We have the power and we will use it" sort of attitude .

they will be charging to cross a river soon.......

so much for reconciliation   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes...

they want separation   only they want whitey to pay for it...

They charge & have been charging for decades to cross the Jardine River to get to Cape York.

It's $100 return for a single vehicle - $130 return with a trailer/van.

Some people complain that the cost is too high but it includes camping costs where ever you go from there .... so it's not too bad really.

The biggest complaint is campers being grubs & leaving toilet paper & shyte strewn above ground everywhere .... too lazy to use a shovel or carry a portaloo.

15 years ago I went to a campgrounds in Freshwater National Park near Double Island Point(Where the Cherry Venture stranded in 1973)  ...it opens out onto Teewah beach that runs 50 klm from Double Island Point to Noosa.

People camp all along here ..... and up behind the dunes everywhere it was strewn with shyte & toilet paper ...... a fargin disgrace.

Caused by ignorant city slickers.

The same thing was happening on Fraser Island until regulated & monitored camping sites were bought in.

https://www.nparc.qld.gov.au/services/travel-transport/ferry-ticket

http://www.thegreynomads.com.au/cape-york/

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #631 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:55am

Gnads wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 6:42am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 11:37am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:58pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:27pm:
But totally representative of the Boongs, not to mention the tourists, 80% of whom have respected their wishes.

We won't ask about you, dear.

Reresentative of how many Boongs exactly?  And the tourists have no real choice, do they, unless they want to break out and say NO!

Why, the Boongs of Pitjantjatjara, dear - and all the others around the country who came out to celebrate.

Uluru is significant to ALL the Boongs. Giving it back to the spirit beings restores ancient law. No feminist Boongs have come out to suggest this is sexist, racist or sub-speciesist.

Tourists were allowed to climb the rock until last month. Out of respect, 80% refused to. The only people who want to be allowed to climb are feminists like FD, who'd like to climb the rock one day if they could be bothered driving 3 days through all that boring scenery.

In other words, they won't.

You?

What rot.... how could that be?

Up until 200 yrs ago only those living in the vicinity would have known of it's existence.

That's strrrike 3 ........ ya out.

That's ancient lore, not law - and law must, by law, be equal for everyone, and not just a whim of a minority.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #632 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 10:18am

freediver wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 3:19pm:
This reminds me of Abu's argument that Islam is entirely consistent with democracy. Just a "different type" of democracy, in which only muslims can vote, only Muslims can run for office, and Shariah law is the only platform you can run on.

If you cannot sell it, and you cannot even sell your share of it, and the government still has control over it, and you have no direct personal influence over what happens with it, then you do not own it. The analogy with the exercise of private property rights is entirely misleading, and just another desperate attempt to sweep government sponsored racism, sexism, communism etc under the carpet.

So what is your point then? That they don't really own it and therefore shouldn't be allowed to ban climbing - or that they should be given 'proper' ownership rights so its not so wacist? You are hopping from one leg to another, alternating between 'wacist and mysoginistic Aborigines - how dare they be so mean to whitey' and 'wacist government - how dare they be so mean to the Aborigines'. Like I said, you can't work out who you are whinging about.

freediver wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 3:19pm:
You mean other than the fact that it is racist and sexist? Why is that not a legitimate basis?

Yes FD, other than that.

It is not legitimate because it is based on lies. Merely repeating the claim does not change the fact that its based on lies

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #633 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 11:19am

Quote:
So what is your point then?

Ooh, let's go round this circle again.

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 10:58am:
freediver wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 9:28am:
My point with the argument that they do not actually own it is that they do not actually own it. This is in response to the argument from just about everyone who supports the ban that it is "merely" an exercise in private property rights.

All you have demonstrated is that the rock is under a different kind of ownership than the more traditional kind. So there are conditions attached to it - you can 'own it' but you have to lease it back to the government. However the new 'owners' still have the right to ban climbing.

I don't see any problem with this. Its merely another case of the government offering 'ownership' of property by decree, with whatever conditions they want to stipulate. Same as they do with all kinds of property rights all the time. But for once it isn't decreeing property rights to white settlers invading the native's land, but rather decreeing it back to the original owners of the land.

I suspect its the reversal of this 'natural order' in the way property was divied up for most of the past 200+ years of settlement is whats getting up your nose. Its a pretty unsubtle and transparent racist objection. There is certainly no reasonable or legitimate basis to your objection - which would explain your resort to ridiculous lies about the black owners wanting to have the rock for themselves to climb and this being about some misogynistic banning of women.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #634 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 12:23pm

Gnads wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 6:42am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 11:37am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:58pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:27pm:
But totally representative of the Boongs, not to mention the tourists, 80% of whom have respected their wishes.

We won't ask about you, dear.

Reresentative of how many Boongs exactly?  And the tourists have no real choice, do they, unless they want to break out and say NO!

Why, the Boongs of Pitjantjatjara, dear - and all the others around the country who came out to celebrate.

Uluru is significant to ALL the Boongs. Giving it back to the spirit beings restores ancient law. No feminist Boongs have come out to suggest this is sexist, racist or sub-speciesist.

Tourists were allowed to climb the rock until last month. Out of respect, 80% refused to. The only people who want to be allowed to climb are feminists like FD, who'd like to climb the rock one day if they could be bothered driving 3 days through all that boring scenery.

In other words, they won't.

You?

What rot.... how could that be?

Up until 200 yrs ago only those living in the vicinity would have known of it's existence.

That's strrrike 3 ........ ya out.

Oh, I see. What I should have said is Uluru is significant to all the Boongs since the circulation of its image nationally via mass media, introduced by Whitey.

Media is not a race, ya?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #635 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 12:29pm

freediver wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 11:19am:
Quote:

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 10:58am:
freediver wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 9:28am:
My point with the argument that they do not actually own it is that they do not actually own it. This is in response to the argument from just about everyone who supports the ban that it is "merely" an exercise in private property rights.

All you have demonstrated is that the rock is under a different kind of ownership than the more traditional kind. So there are conditions attached to it - you can 'own it' but you have to lease it back to the government. However the new 'owners' still have the right to ban climbing.

I don't see any problem with this. Its merely another case of the government offering 'ownership' of property by decree, with whatever conditions they want to stipulate. Same as they do with all kinds of property rights all the time. But for once it isn't decreeing property rights to white settlers invading the native's land, but rather decreeing it back to the original owners of the land.

I suspect its the reversal of this 'natural order' in the way property was divied up for most of the past 200+ years of settlement is whats getting up your nose. Its a pretty unsubtle and transparent racist objection. There is certainly no reasonable or legitimate basis to your objection - which would explain your resort to ridiculous lies about the black owners wanting to have the rock for themselves to climb and this being about some misogynistic banning of women.

Yes, let's. The Boongs have no rights over Ayers Rock because they do not own it because they do not own it.

That will allow G to ask why and you can refer him to your answer again and say how mean it is when he puts words in your mouth.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #636 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 2:47pm

Quote:

Or you could always move on like the rest of us and answer the actual question. Feel free to pay attention to what I actually asked. You can even quote it this time if it helps.

(hint: I didn't ask you to expand on why you think the justification of 'ownership' in this case is flawed)

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #637 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 3:24pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 2:47pm:
Quote:

Or you could always move on like the rest of us and answer the actual question. Feel free to pay attention to what I actually asked. You can even quote it this time if it helps.

(hint: I didn't ask you to expand on why you think the justification of 'ownership' in this case is flawed)

You asked me what my point is. If I am not making the point you thought I was, that does not mean I am answering your question.

Now ask me again what my point is.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #638 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 3:53pm

freediver wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
Quote:

You asked me what my point is. If I am not making the point you thought I was, that does not mean I am answering your question.

My point with the argument that they do not actually own it is that they do not actually own it.

I think we've got it, FD.

Still, you'll need to give G a test to make sure. We'll do a multiple choice.

The Boongs don't own Ayers Rock because:

A. They don't actually own it.
B. They didn't keep the receipt.
C. Whitey was just tricking.
D. They're an inferior sub-species.
E. They won't let you climb it if you could be bothered spending 3 days driving through all that boring scenery.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #639 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 4:27pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 3:53pm:
Quote:

My point with the argument that they do not actually own it is that they do not actually own it.

E. They won't let you climb it if you could be bothered spending 3 days driving through all that boring scenery.

Lock in D), Eddie... I'll take the millyun dullahs now thanks...

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

NOBODY owns a national icon - it is common property of the people of this nation - get used to it... restrictions on climbing have nothing to do with Kaffir Kool, bro..

You need to learn the difference between various kinds of ownership - in many cases the word 'ownership' does not apply and has, quite obviously, lead to a lot of confusion especially with Indigenes and their running dogs...

Plebiscite NOW!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #640 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:04pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 4:27pm:
Quote:

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

NOBODY owns a national icon - it is common property of the people of this nation - get used to it... restrictions on climbing have nothing to do with Kaffir Kool, bro..

You need to learn the difference between various kinds of ownership - in many cases the word 'ownership' does not apply and has, quite obviously, lead to a lot of confusion especially with Indigenes and their running dogs...

Plebiscite NOW!

A national icon?

Impossible. Whitey and the Boongs knew nothing about it back in 1788.

You said so yourself, dear.

They invented a stick, no?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #641 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:07pm

You steal Australia from the Blacks.

Then the Blacks steal the Media from you.

Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #642 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:11pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:07pm:

Grin Grin

WE didn't steal anything from anybody.. WE are Indigenous - were were born here after many generations.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #643 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:12pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:07pm:

Grin Grin

I know. Things were so much better when we had black & white TV, no?

Typical.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #644 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:12pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:04pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 4:27pm:
Quote:

Plebiscite NOW!

A national icon?

Impossible. Whitey and the Boongs knew nothing about it back in 1788.

You said so yourself, dear.

They invented a stick, no?

Australia became a NATION of all states and territories in 1901, sonny.

Try to keep up...

God, you're easy meat ...   Grin  Grin

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 48
Send Topic Print