Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
NDIS no wonder it fails so many (Read 3390 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NDIS no wonder it fails so many
Oct 18th, 2019 at 6:25am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/national-disability-insurance-ag...

THERE are 94 executives paid a combined $23 million at the troubled National Disability Insurance Agency.

National Disability Insurance Scheme Minister Stuart Robert has defended the largesse, saying the organisation needed “an extraordinary group of executives” to run it.

He yesterday announced a new CEO for the organisation, Martin Hoffman, whom he has previously appointed to a government position.

The NDIA’s previous CEO Robert De Luca, who resigned on the eve of the election, overtook the Prime Minister in salary.

His base salary was $566,000 for the year, above Scott Morrison’s $538,000 at the time, though rose to $587,000 after benefits.

The previous year he was earning $523,000, which was just below the PM’s pay packet.

The total number of executives at the organisation have increase by almost half compared to just last year, when just 66 top executives were employed.

As well as the nine key management personal taking home $420,000 and above, there are 94 executives with pay $111,000 to $574,000.

Staffing numbers within the NDIA increased to 3495 public servants from 2020 staff over the same time.

Mr Robert said there was no danger of the organisation becoming too top heavy or bureaucratic.

“Every organisation needs to have experienced executives. We’re talking about a world-first, national endeavour. It hasn’t been tried at this scale before,” he said.

“We have 500,000 participants, all unique, all individual.

“This is an extraordinary national enterprise and it needs and extraordinary group of executives to run it.”

Mr Robert said the organisation was 80 per cent complete in being set up and the remaining 20 per cent would be finalised in the next 12 months.
Opposition NDIS spokesman Bill Shorten said the head of the NDIA should not be making more than the Prime Minister.

“It is not right for the people at the top of the NDIA corporate ladder to be making themselves richer when so many people with a disability they are meant to serve are struggling to access services or basic equipment under the scheme,” he said.

Mr Hoffman, appointed to be CEO on Thursday, has previously been appointed by Mr Robert in July to head a taskforce to reform the Department of Human Services.

“He’s an impressive individual, a delightful family man, (he has) a real sense of compassion as well as drive,” he said.

Mr Hoffman has previously been Secretary of the NSW Department of Finance and served in numerous public service and private enterprise roles.

well now we know how lucky we are to have this many running the place...

what about the people that desperately need the SERVICES??? Angry Angry Angry last I heard they were not all doing do well. Angry

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Re: NDIS no wonder it fails so many
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 6:36am

Is this another organisation that the libs are using to give their mates a cushy job? Would like to see the background for the execs and see how many are ex libbo staffers. Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 6:39am

The disabled used to be looked after buy passionate volunteer organisations and advocates who cared deeply about their plight

Now thanks to gillard and Rudd they are looked after by self-serving empire building public servants

How disgraceful
How mediocre
The last thing any group needs is Canberra looking out for them

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 6:57am

I have a member of the family who needed their help with her autistic son....it was a nightmare to get help...from what I have read they do not help the older generation it stops at 65 or something like that.....you cannot be seriously disabled after 65... Angry Angry

can we make life any harder for these people?????????????????????... trouble with everything labor does it is never well thought out....

they have thought bubbles... the last election is a great example of that... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 7:30am

aquascoot wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 6:39am:
The disabled used to be looked after buy passionate volunteer organisations and advocates who cared deeply about their plight

Now thanks to gillard and Rudd they are looked after by self-serving empire building public servants

How disgraceful
How mediocre
The last thing any group needs is Canberra looking out for them

You are the disgrace you low life self serving ass hole....You had to make this about Julia Gillard (Rudd had little to do with it) instead of placing the blame where it squarely rests....The federal Government has under spent by billions on the NDIS and what has been spent has mostly gone to bureaucrats....I have a family member who has been waiting almost 6 years to get a plan and it is still only just been negotiated with an overworked staff member who admits he is overwhelmed by the complexity of what is required....The Coalition can shove their surplus IMO and deserve the criticism they receive you dickhead!!!

Angry Angry Angry

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 7:59am

cods wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 6:57am:
I have a member of the family who needed their help with her autistic son....it was a nightmare to get help...from what I have read they do not help the older generation it stops at 65 or something like that.....you cannot be seriously disabled after 65... Angry Angry

can we make life any harder for these people?????????????????????... trouble with everything labor does it is never well thought out....

they have thought bubbles... the last election is a great example of that... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So labor is to blame again codsy.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
So what have this lazy, incompetent pack of liberal imbeciles been doing for the 6 years since they were elected? Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:14am

macman wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 7:59am:

So what have this lazy, incompetent pack of liberal imbeciles been doing for the 6 years since they were elected? Grin Grin Grin

They are screwing the disabled to maintain a budget surplus and claim they are great economic managers....The dickhead in the OP highlighted how the NDIS is not working for participants and is top heavy by blaming Labor for not being in Government to deliver the scheme the Coalition have stuffed....No accountability, no integrity and no compassion for those who were promised so much and provided so little....The Coalition and it's pathetic supporters have nothing to be proud of!!!

Angry Angry Angry

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:30am

macman wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 7:59am:

well they did come up with it... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. trying not to blame anyone in particular....like a lot of things labor has done  they do not do the homework....

do you by any chance have anything at all to do with NDIS.... or are you just a couch commentator?....the thing is I know someone who has....and therein lies the difference..the amount of money spent before anyone gets any help whatever is ginormous....I dont care what anyone says....sneer all you like....but something of this nature needed years of study  not just a wild card thrown at voters.....sorry but thats how I see labors policies....wild cards to get votes..

its the same with the NBN   they start chaotic then expect the libs to sort it out...

just like you... Roll Eyes

keep thinking and voting like you guys....and we will all live in chaos..

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:42am

So when a Coalition Government is in power there is no responsibility or accountability to deliver on policies their predecessor has legislated even though in opposition they supported said legislation....By not keeping to the original scope and vision of the original legislation the Coalition have not delivered what was originally proposed by Labor and must accept responsibility for thier stuff ups....The Coalition could be accused of deliberately sabotaging the scheme because it was a Labor policy and seeing it fail would allow it's dickhead supporters to blame Labor for the Coalitions failure...Ass holes the lot of them!!!

Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:46am

Cods, cods, cods.

WAKE UP!

The LIBERALS have been in government for SIX LONG YEARS.

Blaming Labor when the Liberals are the ones who have been running the NDIS into the ground is not going to convince anyone. When are you going to open BOTH eyes and take a look at what's going on?

The LIBS are the ones who have been starving the NDIS of funding. The LIBS are the ones who have been stacking the board of the NDIA with their mates. The LIBS are the ones who have been passing legislation for the NDIS. BLAME THEM!

As long as rusted-on Libs like you refuse to hold them to account at the ballot box, they will KEEP ruining the country. VOTE THEM OUT!

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:51am

I will most certainly blame labour for this
They started this bureaucratic nightmare
This multi-billion dollar scheme run for the benefit of unscrupulous service providers and empire building public servants
Labour started this nonsense

The disabled we're just pawns in their virtue signalling wet dream

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #11 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 9:01am

aquascoot wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:51am:
I will most certainly blame labour for this
They started this bureaucratic nightmare
This multi-billion dollar scheme run for the benefit of unscrupulous service providers and empire building public servants
Labour started this nonsense

The disabled we're just pawns in their virtue signalling wet dream

So you would prefer nothing was provided for the disabled and blame Labor for the way the Coalition has managed the scheme....The Coalition have massively under spent by billions on the NDIS and the blow out in bureaucracy has happened over the last 12 months (according to the OP)....How is this Labor's fault and why are the Coalition not held to account for the way they have managed the scheme over the last 6 years you dickhead....The disabled are not pawns in someones wet dreams they are real people with needs and expectations that have been destroyed by ass holes like you who support this bullshit???

Huh Huh Huh
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2019 at 9:16am by philperth2010 »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 9:31am

macman wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 6:36am:
Is this another organisation that the libs are using to give their mates a cushy job? Would like to see the background for the execs and see how many are ex libbo staffers. Wink Wink Wink

Spot on ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 10:56am

And the Greenies want to bring in euthanasia to solve the problem.

And Greeny Canberra has legalized drugs so the disabled won't feel anything anymore they will be so happy.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 7:57am

I think the government would have been better off giving one quarter of the amount spent directly to recipients rather than creating an enormous bureaucracy to micromanage how it is spent. The waste is not just at the top. It goes all the way through the system.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print