Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Nursing Home 5 Staff To 100 Patients And Underpaid (Read 812 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Nursing Home 5 Staff To 100 Patients And Underpaid
Reply #15 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 1:13am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 2:41pm:
juliar wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 4:45pm:
If the Chinese Labor Party had got in one probably would feel like it.

I hope you end up in one of those LNP run profit driven nursing homes taking kerosene baths Cheesy LOL

... with the highly-trained, motivated and disciplined staff waiting breathlessly for the chance to service you ......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Nursing Home 5 Staff To 100 Patients And Underpaid
Reply #16 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 2:34pm

The STIGMA that any 'Males' doing Aged Care or Nursing as being Pooffters unlike those who join the Police/Military doesn't help the RECRUITING of more Male Staff in Aged Care which is heavy and hard work.
Only 18% of Nurses (RN, EN, AiN) are male. When I was in the Industry - it was only 9%.

Real Men look after their Oldies, like Women look after the Kids, so to speak.

Luckily, more males join the Private Sector of the Medical Industy which is less Poofterised than the Govt run Public sector.

Aged Care Work offers more flexible shifts and opportunity for extra work, than waitering tables and barwork which is the cliche 'University/Study' support type work. Especially when as an RN via an On-Call Agency - you can earn up to $100 an hour!  Shocked Nursing is a popular 'Working Holiday' job and many BackPackers do it.

But maybe this is what Australia (Western) want - just females mostly? Oh well - you get what you asked for.

I remember doing a shift at Liverpool Private Hosp as an AiN with one RN. She looked after the 7 Doctors coming and going, the 3 phones ringing, the paperwork and I did the entire Ward of 23 Patients (Showing, Bed cleaning, etc).
To call such a shift as hectic was an understatement.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print