Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Scumo gets his policies from his bible (Read 1097 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Scumo gets his policies from his bible
Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:01pm

Check it out. Why the unemployed will never get an increase in the dole !! Because scumo's own bible says not to give them anymore !!

https://theconversation.com/five-aspects-of-pentecostalism-that-shed-light-on-sc...

Quote:
Prosperity theology

In keeping with his theology, Morrison appears to see himself as chosen by God to lead us all towards his understanding of the promised land, which as we know means, “If you have a go, you get a go”.

This “have a go” philosophy sits squarely within Pentecostal prosperity theology. This is the view that belief in God leads to material wealth. Salvation too has a connection to material wealth – “Jesus saves those who save”. So the godly become wealthy and the wealthy are godly. And, unfortunately, the ungodly become poor and the poor are ungodly.

This theology aligns perfectly with the neo-liberal economic views espoused by Morrison. The consequence is that it becomes a God-given task to liberate people from reliance on the welfare state.

So there is no sense in Pentecostal economics of a Jesus Christ who was on the side of the poor and the oppressed. Nor is there one of rich men finding it easier to pass through the eyes of needles than to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. On the contrary, God helps those who are able to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Scumo gets his policies from his bible
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:02pm

Hi Nail,
it's the prosperity gospel that Longy gets drummed into him every Sunday
when he goes to church to compare clothes and cars.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:08pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:02pm:
Hi Nail,

inspires greedy people to be more greedy and no shortage of greed turning up to Hillsucks church each sunday. It's all about the money. Churches are scam artists that never pay tax on their takings.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:21pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:08pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:02pm:
Hi Nail,

inspires greedy people to be more greedy and no shortage of greed turning up to Hillsucks church each sunday. It's all about the money. Churches are scam artists that never pay tax on their takings.

They forget this:

Matthew 6:19-21        KJV

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:25pm

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:48pm

Protestantism is Politics
Catholicism is Art
Orthodox is Music

...Paganism is ______

Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:49pm

' ......  Scott Morrison gets his policies from his bible ........ '

Great, I will always vote for him them.

Thanks

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:53pm

ScoMo gets his Policies from the USA more like it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 11:17pm

Jesus was really rich.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 11:44pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:01pm:

Check it out.

Why the unemployed will never get an increase in the dole !!

Because scumo's own bible says not to give them anymore !!

https://theconversation.com/five-aspects-of-pentecostalism-that-shed-light-on-sc...

Quote:
Prosperity theology

In keeping with his theology, Morrison appears to see himself as chosen by God to lead us all towards his understanding of the promised land, which as we know means, “If you have a go, you get a go”.

This “have a go” philosophy sits squarely within Pentecostal prosperity theology. This is the view that belief in God leads to material wealth. Salvation too has a connection to material wealth – “Jesus saves those who save”. So the godly become wealthy and the wealthy are godly. And, unfortunately, the ungodly become poor and the poor are ungodly.

This theology aligns perfectly with the neo-liberal economic views espoused by Morrison. The consequence is that it becomes a God-given task to liberate people from reliance on the welfare state.

So there is no sense in Pentecostal economics of a Jesus Christ who was on the side of the poor and the oppressed. Nor is there one of rich men finding it easier to pass through the eyes of needles than to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. On the contrary, God helps those who are able to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

Psalms 140:1
Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;
2  Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.
3  They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.
4  Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings.
5  The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.
6  I said unto the LORD, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.
7  O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
8  Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
9  As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
10  Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
11  Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
12  I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.
13  Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 12:27am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 11:17pm:
Jesus was really rich.

He was a pure blood from the Royal House.... couldn't have been that poor that he needed to be a carpenter...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 12:29am

... and of course those who can pull themselves up by everyone else's bootstraps as well... all those ungodlies pay your way to paradise on earth..

We need a long line of guillotines...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:35am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:49pm:

Thanks

But he cherry picks the Bible and forgets important advice:

Matthew 6:19-21        KJV

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth,
where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:36am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 12:29am:
... and of course those who can pull themselves up by everyone else's bootstraps as well... all those ungodlies pay your way to paradise on earth..

We need a long line of guillotines...

Yes - ScoMo is saying -  let them eat cake.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 8:41am

Thanks

I suspect he gets them from the old testament

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 8:42am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 8:41am:

Thanks

I suspect he gets them from the old testament

Spot

I suspect he gets them from his happy clapping arse.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #16 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 8:56am

Hierarchies of human power are predictable.

Princes, priests, politicians,   .....essentially, all rely upon the very same political Hierarchies to secure and maintain their power.

And their individual motive is always the same.

They have a wish to wield 'Godly' power, on earth, over others.

Some even claim that their objective in aquiring political power, comes from an underlying altruistic desire to bring order and peace, to those around them.

It may be.

But we see in the world, that those who achieve political power always [without fail] become corrupted in the wielding of that power, over others.

Always.

"And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;"

"For they know not to do right, saith the LORD, who store up violence and robbery in their palaces."

Invariably, whether the princes, and priests of long ago, or the politicians of today, they still, all seek, and choose to live in those described, palaces.

Q.
What was Jesus counsel, regarding aligning ourselves with mankind's political Hierarchies ?

Matthew 20:25
But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
26  But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
27  And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

Psalms 127:1
Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Hmmmm.

Pray for Scott Morrison.

And, pray for yourself.

« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2019 at 9:03am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 9:13am

Yadda wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 8:56am:

Hierarchies of human power are predictable.

Princes, priests, politicians,   .....

Poets priests and politicians
Have words to thank for their positions
Words that scream for your submission
And no-one's jamming their transmission
'Cos when their eloquence escapes you
Their logic ties you up and rapes you

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 10:34am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:01pm:
Check it out. Why the unemployed will never get an increase in the dole !! Because scumo's own bible says not to give them anymore !!

Quote:
Prosperity theology

Everyone in the Hillsong cult is going straight to Hell.

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 10:41am

And Jesus said from high upon his Cross, down to his Jewish people below - who rejected him and crucified him.
"Wait till me little brother Hitler gets yas - ya bastards!" 
Angry

...what goes around, comes around.
Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 10:43am

...and soon you'll get a Messiah out of France, who will die for the sins of Mohommed in the name of Islam. Grin

...what goes around, comes around.  Wink

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:03pm

Ah, I remember the bible studying days from high school.   And I think this part is the most important...

Matthew 19: 16-24

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”
17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18 “Which ones?” he inquired. Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony,
19 honor your father and mother,’and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’”
20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

It is clear from the passage is that, although god loves someone who has wealth and use it to do good.  However, for a Christian believer, wealth does not come from physical wealth, rather, it is through faith.  God is telling his disciples, what use are physical wealth like gold, when he himself is the creator of entire world.  Let go of these Earthly desires, use it to ease the suffering of the others.  For faith is the only wealth a Christian need in the kingdom of heaven.  Smiley

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:05pm

Poor lostnail's "bible" is Mao's little red book. Wink

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #23 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 2:28pm

In Reply #21, tickleandrose gave you Matthew 19:16-24

Here are the next two verses.....

Matthew 19:25
When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Acts 10:34
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35  But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Q.
How do we 'work righteousness', in God's eyes ?

[ ----- > Isaiah 55:6, was Jesus message, too, to mankind.]

Isaiah 55:6
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7  Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #24 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 7:01pm

The religious right's major sponsor is satan.

Religious and right - oxymoron. In many cases just moron.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #25 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 7:47pm

Religion has so many versions of the same theme how is it possible to believe the faith you follow is the true path???

Huh Huh Huh

A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes.
James Feibleman

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 11:13pm

philperth2010 wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 7:47pm:
Religion has so many versions of the same theme how is it possible to believe the faith you follow is the true path???

Huh Huh Huh

A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes.
James Feibleman

List of gods that theists don't believe in

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_gods_that_theists_don%27t_believe_in

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #27 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 9:36am

philperth2010 wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 7:47pm:

Huh Huh Huh

philperth2010,

Let me ask you, something similar.....

Q.
How does any individual know the difference between good and evil ?

Surely, it isn't rocket science.  ??

A.
We 'suck it and see' how some behaviour 'tastes' to us.

And, we then either choose to accept that behaviour, OR, we choose to reject that behaviour.

Matthew 12:35
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Q.
How has what Matthew 12:35 is saying,    .....got anything to do with the religion we do choose to follow [or NOT] ?

Dictionary;
religion = =
1 the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.    a particular system of faith and worship.
2 a pursuit or interest followed with devotion.

PROPOSITION;
If 'religion' can be defined as 'a pursuit or interest followed with devotion',
then whether we recognise it, or not, almost all of us can certainly be said to 'own' a 'religion'.

It is called, 'our life'.

Our 'religion', is called, all of the choices which we make, throughout 'our life'.

e.g.
Do you 'devote' yourself, to watching and following your footy team on the weekend ?

Q.
Is our pursuit, a sinful religion ?

Maybe.

John 8:34
...Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

"If it feels good, do it!!!"

Q.
Is the right to do as we please, to do whatever we please, a true representation of what we call, human 'freedom'/liberty ?

2 Peter 2:19
While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

My advice....

We ought to choose our religion carefully.

Every single day, our life is full of choices.

Yadda said.....
Quote:

'a choice with no consequences'
???

I'd like to see that!

And if you think about it, even choosing not to choose, is still making a choice.

I would suggest that unless we are living as a Buddhist monk, in a meditation retreat, that we all make hundreds of moral choices, every day.

Most of them, selfish choices.

Me too.

Psalms 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print