Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Scumo gets his policies from his bible (Read 1068 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Scumo gets his policies from his bible
Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:01pm

Check it out. Why the unemployed will never get an increase in the dole !! Because scumo's own bible says not to give them anymore !!

https://theconversation.com/five-aspects-of-pentecostalism-that-shed-light-on-sc...

Quote:
Prosperity theology

In keeping with his theology, Morrison appears to see himself as chosen by God to lead us all towards his understanding of the promised land, which as we know means, “If you have a go, you get a go”.

This “have a go” philosophy sits squarely within Pentecostal prosperity theology. This is the view that belief in God leads to material wealth. Salvation too has a connection to material wealth – “Jesus saves those who save”. So the godly become wealthy and the wealthy are godly. And, unfortunately, the ungodly become poor and the poor are ungodly.

This theology aligns perfectly with the neo-liberal economic views espoused by Morrison. The consequence is that it becomes a God-given task to liberate people from reliance on the welfare state.

So there is no sense in Pentecostal economics of a Jesus Christ who was on the side of the poor and the oppressed. Nor is there one of rich men finding it easier to pass through the eyes of needles than to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. On the contrary, God helps those who are able to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Scumo gets his policies from his bible
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:02pm

Hi Nail,
it's the prosperity gospel that Longy gets drummed into him every Sunday
when he goes to church to compare clothes and cars.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:08pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:02pm:
Hi Nail,

inspires greedy people to be more greedy and no shortage of greed turning up to Hillsucks church each sunday. It's all about the money. Churches are scam artists that never pay tax on their takings.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:21pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:08pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:02pm:
Hi Nail,

inspires greedy people to be more greedy and no shortage of greed turning up to Hillsucks church each sunday. It's all about the money. Churches are scam artists that never pay tax on their takings.

They forget this:

Matthew 6:19-21        KJV

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:25pm

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:48pm

Protestantism is Politics
Catholicism is Art
Orthodox is Music

...Paganism is ______

Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:49pm

' ......  Scott Morrison gets his policies from his bible ........ '

Great, I will always vote for him them.

Thanks

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:53pm

ScoMo gets his Policies from the USA more like it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 11:17pm

Jesus was really rich.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 11:44pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:01pm:

Check it out.

Why the unemployed will never get an increase in the dole !!

Because scumo's own bible says not to give them anymore !!

https://theconversation.com/five-aspects-of-pentecostalism-that-shed-light-on-sc...

Quote:
Prosperity theology

In keeping with his theology, Morrison appears to see himself as chosen by God to lead us all towards his understanding of the promised land, which as we know means, “If you have a go, you get a go”.

This “have a go” philosophy sits squarely within Pentecostal prosperity theology. This is the view that belief in God leads to material wealth. Salvation too has a connection to material wealth – “Jesus saves those who save”. So the godly become wealthy and the wealthy are godly. And, unfortunately, the ungodly become poor and the poor are ungodly.

This theology aligns perfectly with the neo-liberal economic views espoused by Morrison. The consequence is that it becomes a God-given task to liberate people from reliance on the welfare state.

So there is no sense in Pentecostal economics of a Jesus Christ who was on the side of the poor and the oppressed. Nor is there one of rich men finding it easier to pass through the eyes of needles than to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. On the contrary, God helps those who are able to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

Psalms 140:1
Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;
2  Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.
3  They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.
4  Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings.
5  The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.
6  I said unto the LORD, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.
7  O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
8  Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
9  As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
10  Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
11  Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
12  I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.
13  Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 12:27am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 11:17pm:
Jesus was really rich.

He was a pure blood from the Royal House.... couldn't have been that poor that he needed to be a carpenter...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 12:29am

... and of course those who can pull themselves up by everyone else's bootstraps as well... all those ungodlies pay your way to paradise on earth..

We need a long line of guillotines...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:35am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:49pm:

Thanks

But he cherry picks the Bible and forgets important advice:

Matthew 6:19-21        KJV

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth,
where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:36am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 12:29am:
... and of course those who can pull themselves up by everyone else's bootstraps as well... all those ungodlies pay your way to paradise on earth..

We need a long line of guillotines...

Yes - ScoMo is saying -  let them eat cake.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 8:41am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:49pm:

Thanks

I suspect he gets them from the old testament