Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
U.S. Soldier: I Am Ashamed (Read 8950 times)
AiA
Gold Member

U.S. Soldier: I Am Ashamed
Oct 11th, 2019 at 10:35pm

Trump is losing the support of the military and his own party over this one

US soldier on front lines in Syria tells Fox reporter, ‘I am ashamed for the first time in my career'

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/us-soldier-o...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: U.S. Soldier: I Am Ashamed
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2019 at 11:39pm

What would be wrong with the EU going in and sorting it out? Why does the United States have to do the dirty work all the time?
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2019 at 11:44pm by Bias_2012 »  

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2019 at 11:44pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 11th, 2019 at 11:39pm:
What's wrong with the EU going in and sorting it out? Why does the United States have to do the dirty work all the time?

Nothing wrong with that at all. Unless the EU wants another wave of illegal immigrants they may have to. But the soldier's point was one of abandoning an ally, someone you have fought alongside of.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 12:03am

AiA wrote on Oct 11th, 2019 at 11:44pm:
What's wrong with the EU going in and sorting it out? Why does the United States have to do the dirty work all the time?

Nothing wrong with that at all. Unless the EU wants another wave of illegal immigrants they may have to. But the soldier's point was one of abandoning an ally, someone you have fought alongside of.

The Kurds don't have nationhood so they are technically not a ally

In a nutshell, the Kurds are the world's largest ethnic minority without a country of their own

Now, Turkey is doing no more than establishing a safe zone along it's border, what any nation would do under the circumstances

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 12:15am

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 12th, 2019 at 12:03am:

In a nutshell, the Kurds are the world's largest ethnic minority without a country of their own

Now, Turkey is doing no more than establishing a safe zone along it's border, what any nation would do under the circumstances

The US soldier on the ground doesn't agree with you. Things look different from your armchair I suspect ...

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 12:20am

AiA wrote on Oct 12th, 2019 at 12:15am:

The US soldier on the ground doesn't agree with you. Things look different from your armchair I suspect ...

No, things look different from a Presidents and Congresses perspective, they are the ones that count when deciding who's a legal ally or not

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 12:35am

What? Dont be silly.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #7 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 2:32am

The Turkish PM has already warned Europe that if they intervene they will cop a flood of refugees.... how history repeats itself - Europe may need to invade the Dardanelles.... bloody uppity Mussos....

The world is becoming more and more polarised every day... soon it will be Der Tag.... and the West will have to work out who its friends and enemies really are....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 2:39am

Is no Kurd - is no problem....  jeez mate - the Turks had the same idea with the Armenians... but now we all fliend, yes?

Watch this space for the re-birth of Europe from its SNAG daydream run by sheilas....... then we will see some fireworks..... all men (and women) are NOT brothers after all..... and sometimes the tree of national freedom must be watered with the blood of children of that nation.... I predict high casualty rates until the Europeans work out what war is all about... then it's all on......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 6:26am

The problem is that there never was and never will be
a good exit policy for the USA.

As soon as the USA leaves it all flares up again.
The USA can't stay there in the Middle East forever.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181905659568283648?ref_src=twsrc%5Et...
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE.....
11:14 PM - Oct 9, 2019
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2019 at 6:34am by Bobby. »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #10 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 7:22am

The bottom line with Turkey's stance is more refugees the world over.....again.

When will people stop pointing the finger at the effects and start pointing the finger at the causation.

I'm 100% sure that if it were raining bombs in Australia most of us would become refugees as well.

And trusting a Turk is like trusting a scorpion, remember the frog.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #11 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 9:17am

Bobby. wrote on Oct 12th, 2019 at 6:26am:
The problem is that there never was and never will be
a good exit policy for the USA.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181905659568283648?ref_src=twsrc%5Et...
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE.....
11:14 PM - Oct 9, 2019

Quote:

You seen to have changed the event enough for it to be justified.

The US troops stayed as long as it was peaceful then as soon as the Turks started to advance the Sepo's were ordered to run for the hills.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2019 at 5:07pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 9:37am

I would trust and hope Australia would never bomb un armed people  who at the end of the day are brothers Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....they are all Muslims and Arabs...

I dont agree with what Trump has done  and I find what the Turks are doing is even worse... Angry Angry

history will not look kindly on this. Angry

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #13 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 9:51am

Quote:
Turkey is doing no more than establishing a safe zone along it's border

You know that they are legally entitled to do this if they use their own land ?

Stealing someone else's not so much.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 4:00pm

Dnarever wrote on Oct 12th, 2019 at 9:51am:

Quote:
Turkey is doing no more than establishing a safe zone along it's border

You know that they are legally entitled to do this if they use their own land ?

Stealing someone else's not so much.

I cant believe this is legal!...the kurds have been fighting IS alongside the Americans.... thats why the yanks were in Syria in the first place... as far as trump is concerned   IS is finished  then so are the yanks....

except.!!!!!!!!!!...

of course it isnt Americas job to solve border agro......it should be the UNs job... where are they???????????........

to my knowledge  the UN has not stopped one war or land problems.... Angry Angry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print