Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
What do you think of this? (Read 2151 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

What do you think of this?
Oct 2nd, 2019 at 7:24am

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: What do you think of this?
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 11:32am

Interesting - very interesting - I'm thinking about this in relation to my solar panels... the reverse situation if you like...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 11:39am

Seems a bit perpetual motion

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 12:59pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 11:32am:
Interesting - very interesting - I'm thinking about this in relation to my solar panels... the reverse situation if you like...

It rang true to me because of how portable generators work in relation to electrical currents waves ... older ones were no good for modern electronics ... which required "sine wave" inverter generators.

I'll run this past a couple of my commercial electrician friends.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 2:21pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 12:59pm:

It rang true to me because of how portable generators work in relation to electrical currents waves ... older ones were no good for modern electronics ... which required "sine wave" inverter generators.

I was wondering if such a similar change to inverter could cause grater production - but the inverter is limited to 5KwH due to limitations of the (gasps) (gold plated) poles and wires.... so my 6.6 system wastes a bit - but anyway, much of the extra is taken up by daytime household usage anyway..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 6:22pm

WOW!
Impressive stuff.
Reminds me of DLS and everything 'out of synchronicity' with nature.
DLS is just another stupid idea thought up by the Scientists to try and make themselves feel smarter than they actually are. Over-Achievers.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 6:28pm

Jasin wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 6:22pm:
WOW!
Impressive stuff.
DLS is just another stupid idea thought up by the Scientists to try and make themselves feel smarter than they actually are. Over-Achievers.  Roll Eyes

DLS was popularised by the Germans who used it to minimize the use of artificial lighting to save fuel for the war (WW1) effort.

Although, it was first used in Canada a few years before that.

The scientist who first thought of it was from New Zealand.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 6:33pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 6:28pm:
Jasin wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 6:22pm:
WOW!
Impressive stuff.

DLS was popularised by the Germans who used it to minimize the use of artificial lighting to save fuel for the war (WW1) effort.

Although, it was first used in Canada a few years before that.

The scientist who first thought of it was from New Zealand.

Get lost fool.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 6:58pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 2:21pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 12:59pm:

I was wondering if such a similar change to inverter could cause grater production - but the inverter is limited to 5KwH due to limitations of the (gasps) (gold plated) poles and wires.... so my 6.6 system wastes a bit - but anyway, much of the extra is taken up by daytime household usage anyway..

I was talking about petrol fuelled Inverter generators Grap ...but no doubt the power generated through a solar inverter is also of a frequency compatible to sync & minimise the energy use. 

That energy suppliers could put transformers outside factory businesses or even residential premises that increase the amperage draw on motors being used there in to increase the prices charged is very concerning.

But it may explain to a degree why I now receive electricity bills when I have a near 6 kilowatt solar system on my roof.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 7:02pm

And here we have Australia as a very 'expensive' $$$ Electricity nation.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 11:44am

Quote:
What the electric companies don't want you to know

When ever i see that phrase I get suspicious.
Let me guess, the author of the video wants to sell us something that will get our electricity "in synch"

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 12:32pm

Well maybe .... He seems to lecturing in a class room.

Why don't you watch it?

And it's not the first time I have heard about electrical currents & the equipment that use it should be in sync.

Thus uniform "sine wave" being the best for all electronic equipment.

And all your household equipment having "inverter" technology e.g fridges, AC's, microwaves, washing machines, dishwashers etc.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 4:46pm

I'm with this.
Similar to that ex-Printer making Employee making a clip of how many ways the Printer Companies rip people off.

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 10:42pm

I watched the first five seconds of the video with the sound down and stopped watching after that. The presenter is Dennis Lee - a well known Free Energy scammer in the United States.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 7:36am

minarchist wrote on Oct 5th, 2019 at 10:42pm:
I watched the first five seconds of the video with the sound down and stopped watching after that. The presenter is Dennis Lee - a well known Free Energy scammer in the United States.

Well thanks for that - now with a name I've looked him up.

Snake Oil salesman by the sound of it.

That's why I was going to ask an electrician ... who never turned up yesterday for our Saturday arvo drinks.

Quote:
His product is never quite ready, but you can still buy a franchise for somewhere between $30,000 and $100,000 and begin selling free energy and other unique devices.

Lee has been making claims about his ability to deliver free energy for the past quarter of a century, yet nobody has ever seen an actual demonstration of a working free energy device. Others with a good understanding of engineering (Krieg) and physics (Park) have published comments on why they don't trust Lee's claims. He doesn't seem to know the difference between an amp and a volt. He uses the tactics of the demagogue rather than the scientist. His demonstrations are deceptive and dishonest. He preaches and condemns rather than argue and demonstrate in full view of knowledgeable scientists. His followers seem more like a cult than a group of technologically savvy investors. He's never published a paper in a scientific journal. He can't get a patent. He been indicted for fraud (New Jersey,1975, and the state of Washington, 1985). He pleaded guilty to two felony counts of consumer fraud in California in 1990 in connection with the sale of an "energy-saving heat pump kit."*

http://skepdic.com/dennislee.html

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 11:49am

Couldn't watch the whole video at the time as I was at work. All Lee is demonstrating is Power Factor. The motor is an inductive load and that box is nothing more than a capacitor bank. The capacitors are reducing the phase shift between the voltage and current signals that occur with a high inductive load:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_factor

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 2:48pm

I think all they are doing is correcting the lagging power factor of the inductive motor by connecting some capacitors with leading power factor in parallel with it to bring the power factor closer to unity.

The actual power supplied by the electric company is the vector sum of the lagging motor current and the leading current of the capacitors.

So the actual power supplied by the electricity company will be LESS if the power factor is brought closer to unity.

Power companies do this themselves with huge capacitors to reduce the load on their generators by dragging the power factor of their loads back towards unity.

An AC current with unity power factor is like a DC supply where the current is in phase with the voltage.

For the power companies supplying loads with lagging power factor is inefficient as it requires more power as the actual power supplied is Watts = Volts x current x the power factor.

Good article which explains what the chap in the video is trying to sell.   https://proluxelectrical.com.au/energy-efficiency/power-factor-correction.html

« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2019 at 9:59am by juliar »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print