Send Topic Print
Uber loses in France (Read 293 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Uber loses in France
Sep 19th, 2019 at 4:54pm

Link.

They will Appeal, but the writing is on the wall.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Uber loses in France
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 5:27pm

So Taxi drivers are employees too, what sort of wages do you pay your drivers Ozzie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 5:54pm

rhino wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 5:27pm:
So Taxi drivers are employees too, what sort of wages do you pay your drivers Ozzie?

Nope....that issue has already been litigated some years ago.  They are bailees.  The setup is totally different and one difference is that drivers 'hire/bail' my car and I pay all expenses.  They are free to get work from their own clientele etc etc.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 1:41am

Uber lost in Japan as well.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 1:47am

Aussie wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 5:54pm:

Nope....that issue has already been litigated some years ago.  They are bailees.  The setup is totally different and one difference is that drivers 'hire/bail' my car and I pay all expenses.  They are free to get work from their own clientele etc etc.
Keep telling yourself that, they are coming for you. You will be forced to pay back pay, superannuation and benefits. The union movement is working on a combined effort at the moment to take this all the way.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 7:38am

Yes & that's a pretty crap system in itself after you get your cut ...........

and of course if you own the vehicle you should be responsible for the fuel & maintenance costs.

That aside  .... if Uber are now under the pump from govts..... what about the other ride share operators like OLA? They operate the same way if not worse than Uber.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 1:30pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 7:38am:

and of course if you own the vehicle you should be responsible for the fuel & maintenance costs.

That aside  .... if Uber are now under the pump from govts..... what about the other ride share operators like OLA? They operate the same way if not worse than Uber.

If there is a decision made in an Australian Court that "Uber" drivers are employees, there goes the ride share business model....it is fuqqed.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 6:37pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 1:30pm:
Gnads wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 7:38am:

If there is a decision made in an Australian Court that "Uber" drivers are employees, there goes the ride share business model....it is fuqqed.

That's fine by me ...... but it still doesn't excuse the shyte system you use to have drivers in your cabs.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print