Send Topic Print
Sandy Hook PSA (Read 1314 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Sandy Hook PSA
Reply #15 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:44pm

Mortdooley wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:26pm:
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/08/08/they-will-still-hate-y...

They Will Still Hate You Even If You Disarm

It was quite a surprise to find out that we Trump voters were personally responsible for the savage murder sprees of a creep who dug single-payer and a satanist fan of Big Chief Warren. The El Paso scumbag decided he wanted to murder Hispanics because migration would somehow destroy the environment, which falls right in line with classical progressive eugenics balderdash. The Democrat from Dayton was full-on #Resistance. But apparently we conservatives were to blame for their actions because we refuse to give up our rights.

Now, those links I just outlined between these idiots’ political beliefs and liberals should not act to place the moral blame for their vile deeds upon liberals, but they must because that’s apparently the new rule. It’s a stupid rule and I think we should go back to the old rule - the person responsible for the crime he commits is the criminal - but since the new rule is in effect then the liberals can enjoy it like a suppository......

https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/hold_your_head_high_and...

A load of complete nonsense, Mort, but would there be any problem with taking out Mexican rapists, murderers and drug dealers?

Sounds like something any patriotic gun-owner would do.

You?

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #16 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 11:14pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:44pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:26pm:
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/08/08/they-will-still-hate-y...

They Will Still Hate You Even If You Disarm

It was quite a surprise to find out that we Trump voters were personally responsible for the savage murder sprees of a creep who dug single-payer and a satanist fan of Big Chief Warren. The El Paso scumbag decided he wanted to murder Hispanics because migration would somehow destroy the environment, which falls right in line with classical progressive eugenics balderdash. The Democrat from Dayton was full-on #Resistance. But apparently we conservatives were to blame for their actions because we refuse to give up our rights.

Now, those links I just outlined between these idiots’ political beliefs and liberals should not act to place the moral blame for their vile deeds upon liberals, but they must because that’s apparently the new rule. It’s a stupid rule and I think we should go back to the old rule - the person responsible for the crime he commits is the criminal - but since the new rule is in effect then the liberals can enjoy it like a suppository......

https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/hold_your_head_high_and...

A load of complete nonsense, Mort, but would there be any problem with taking out Mexican rapists, murderers and drug dealers?

Sounds like something any patriotic gun-owner would do.

You?

Nonsense? Actually the goal is to get us to take on a guilt we don't possess. If the Media could find even one conservative, NRA member who ever committed a mass shooting we would hear about it everyday until we gave up all of our Rights!

The AR15 is America's rifle because it is so adaptable. There are tens of millions of them in private ownership and they can never all be confiscated so stop blaming the availability of something and place blame where it belongs. The Media in this country makes celebrities of these murderers and the Left in Congress use their actions to try to change laws. The actions of these two groups does more to encourage more mass shooters than anyone else.

So no, neither you nor Robert Francis can come take my ARs!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #17 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 12:02am

Mortdooley wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 11:14pm:
Nonsense? Actually the goal is to get us to take on a guilt we don't possess. If the Media could find even one conservative, NRA member who ever committed a mass shooting we would hear about it everyday until we gave up all of our Rights!

The AR15 is America's rifle because it is so adaptable. There are tens of millions of them in private ownership and they can never all be confiscated so stop blaming the availability of something and place blame where it belongs. The Media in this country makes celebrities of these murderers and the Left in Congress use their actions to try to change laws. The actions of these two groups does more to encourage more mass shooters than anyone else.

So no, neither you nor Robert Francis can come take my ARs!

We get it, morty totry. You're going through life with a small penis and need to um, compensate.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #18 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:35am

I'm sure mine is bigger than yours, marlon. You goober smooching perv!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:59am

This PSA has triggered Mortie. I hope he doesn't do anything dangerous. Is there any way we can ring the police? Richdud must know Mortie's true identity. Aren't they the two "hearty eaters" who were recently banned from a local all-you-can-eat buffet?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:00pm

Adam Lanza was a registered Democrat...

Like most other Nut Cases...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #21 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:09pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:00pm:

Mechie, you appear to be ignoring a post from me, why?  Afraid of it's portent?  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #22 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 11:26pm

AiA wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:59am:
This PSA has triggered Mortie. I hope he doesn't do anything dangerous. Is there any way we can ring the police? Richdud must know Mortie's true identity. Aren't they the two "hearty eaters" who were recently banned from a local all-you-can-eat buffet?

With the potential passage of reg flag laws I hope you don't say things like that about people you actually know. No matter how innocent someone is, after the "dead of night" assault on an honest citizen they will still be traumatized if not dead. Any dogs in their homes will definitely be killed, killing pets helps to subdue the residents!

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #23 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:25am

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:10am:
cods wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:07am:
thats odd!  I didnt know mass shootings in American schools  only started when Trump was elected...

I thought it was part of the culture of that country...

silly me!

There has been a 50% increase in mass shootings in the US under Trump.

Again...ie lies and more lies.

The classification for mass has changed to being 4 or more victims...wounded, dead or other.

Disengenuous lies spewing forth from Dreggerry......who would have thunk it.

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #24 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:26am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:00pm:

He got the day wrong too...oops, lucky the state had a fill in.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:41am

Marla wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 12:54pm:
thats odd!  I didnt know mass shootings in American schools  only started when Trump was elected...

silly me!

Eh, more like dumbass, you. The F A T orange puke is the one in power - along with Turtle Boy - to stop it.

HOW petal!   the same way Obama tried maybe!

I dont agree with Trumps attitude on guns but so help me I cant see how anything anyone says will change the culture of ITS EVERY AMERICANS RIGHT TO BARE ARMS... Roll Eyesits enshrined! its your culture...admit it?..

no advert is going to make the slightest difference.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #26 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:45am

Rider wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:25am:

silly me!

The classification for mass has changed to being 4 or more victims...wounded, dead or other.

The definition was set in 2013 not only by the Gun Violence Archive but also the Congressional Research Service in their report, Mass Murder with Firearms: Incidents and Victims, 1999-2013.

who would have thunk it

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 9:07am

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:45am:

silly me!

The definition was set in 2013 not only by the Gun Violence Archive but also the Congressional Research Service in their report, Mass Murder with Firearms: Incidents and Victims, 1999-2013.

who would have thunk it

changing the goal posts doesnt work for me...I am not a rusted on who uses that logic to justify what their own side does..

any shooting  is bad Angry   any shooting that involves more than one death is a multi murder.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #28 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 9:47am

cods wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 9:07am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:45am:

silly me!

who would have thunk it

changing the goal posts doesnt work for me...I am not a rusted on who uses that logic to justify what their own side does..

any shooting  is bad Angry   any shooting that involves more than one death is a multi murder.. Angry Angry

Agreed.

I know it's a silly semantics argument to dismiss the rise in school shootings under Trump, but there were years of the last administration under the "new" definition.

It's just another example of the desperation of Trump supporters.  Can't they for once do the right thing..?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 12:22pm

cods wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:41am:
Marla wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 12:54pm:

silly me!

Eh, more like dumbass, you. The F A T orange puke is the one in power - along with Turtle Boy - to stop it.

HOW petal!   the same way Obama tried maybe!

I dont agree with Trumps attitude on guns but so help me I cant see how anything anyone says will change the culture of ITS EVERY AMERICANS RIGHT TO BARE ARMS... Roll Eyesits enshrined! its your culture...admit it?..

no advert is going to make the slightest difference.

No, dear, the current string of mass shootings follows the anulment of a Clinton restriction on assault weapons, passed in his bipartisan crime bill package. The law survived constitutional challenge, but alas, the law had a sunset clause. Obama wasn't able to renew it with a Republican Congress. Mr Trump doesn't want to try.

This issue is not constitutional. All US states have restrictions on bearing arms - with, perhaps, the exception of Alaska. Every country in the world has restrictions on firearms. I doubt America is the only country that lists firearms in its constitution.

Nor is it cultural. When gangsters held cities like Chicago at siege during prohibition, firearms regulation was seen as a positive. All through the post war years, safe gun regulation was considered a government duty - especially after the spate of assassinations in the late 60s, which included a president.

The change happened when the NRA shifted from being an apolitical organisation that promoted gun safety to becoming a lobby group for the arms industry. This happened in the late 70s, after the weapons industry had lost its military contracts at the end of the Vietnam war. The arms industry went domestic.

The NRA policy shift caused multiple resignations, but continued as the NRA promoted and expanded its membership through the 80s and 90s. It found its political teeth with the Clinton crime bill, forging alliances with Republicans. Essentially, this bill traded restrictions on assault weapons with tougher sentencing and funding for more prisons, also a major US business. At the time, gang violence was a major problem the government needed to tackle.

Today, the NRA has become a reactionary crusade. It's allied with the Bible Belt to form a narrative that the right to have guns is God given.

The NRA has now become an arm of the Republican Party. All of this is political, not cultural, although it's now hard to see the difference. The rise of the NRA is a true American success story, but a totally dystopian one. Its cause now sees it defending the rights of mass shooters. The original cause of promoting gun safety has become a quaint memory as the NRA has gotten into bed with the arms industry.

The NRA's ties to Republican politicians, many of whom owe their positions to the NRA, mean that federal gun reform is effectively undoable. Obama and now Trump have found just how inflexible these politicians are. They see opposition to even the slightest gun restrictions as a political victory. Their role in shaping legislation for the public good has been totally undermined by this business.

Each step along the way, of course, the weapons industry grows. Even the threat of legislation sees gun sales rise. It's a very effective business model: a mass shooter takes down a school, for example, the issue of firearms restrictions is raised in the media, and gun owners go out to buy the latest weapon in case it gets banned. The NRA says over my dead body, Republicans in congress agree, and gun owners feel relieved again.

This political process, linked to random mass killings, is actually a business strategy. Not only does the arms industry profit from war, it profits from domestic crime and murder. The Wild West was a minor blip in comparison to the carnage carried out today, all in the name of gun sales.

There is nothing constitutional about this, it's about profit. As Calvin Coolidge said, the business of America is business.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2019 at 12:35pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print