Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Too Damn Hot To Get High (Read 1240 times)
Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Too Damn Hot To Get High
Sep 19th, 2019 at 5:37am

Went for a jog realizing it's mid-September and then realized..."...am I that high because it doesn't feel like September."

89 degrees? when the average is 77?

Then I said to myself "F - k climate change, it's a beautiful early autumn day, think I'll sit here and get high anyway and be ever so thankful I don't in craphole states like Texuus and California."

It's all about being positive when it comes to a oncoming global crisis.  Cheesy

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Too Damn Hot To Get High
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 12:05pm

Isn't it amazing about averages. Some temperatures are warmer and some cooler. Have you checked out what the local record is?

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:00pm

Have YOU checked how above average the temperatures have been?

Back on your medication, lee.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:12pm

Marla wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:00pm:
Have YOU checked how above average the temperatures have been?

They are still only averages. And I don't know where you currently live to check. Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:20pm

I have to agree with Mupp... um, Marla
It is getting Warmer, more so than Cooler.
Only short sharp bursts of Cold occasionly get through and sometimes they seem a bit more 'extreme'.
Overall - its warming. Winters seem shorter.

Just look at those Satellite images of the Earth at NIGHT.
Every City and Town and major Freeways and Roads are
'ablaze'
with Electrical Light and Power. Throw in all those Deforestation Fires being lit around the World,
burning
away  the world of Trees. The de-oxygenation of the Seas and Lakes. The Methane rising from Permafrost meltdowns and seeps deep underwater at the bottom of the oceans where the increasing temperature of the waters is allowing the Methane to 'rise'.
<When the Methane last 'rose' into the Atmosphere: The world was poisoned and 95% of all life perished in the Greatest Mass Extinction of them all.>

Marla is polluting her body - getting high off meth.
Same s***, different smell in her books, eh  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:41pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:20pm:
Every City and Town and major Freeways and Roads are 'ablaze' with Electrical Light and Power.

Not in North Korea. Wink

Throw in all those Deforestation Fires being lit around the World, burning away  the world of Trees.

"Fire is an essential Earth system process that alters ecosystem and atmospheric composition. Here we assessed long-term fire trends using multiple satellite data sets. We found that global burned area declined by 24.3 ± 8.8% over the past 18 years. The estimated decrease in burned area remained robust after adjusting for precipitation variability and was largest in savannas. Agricultural expansion and intensification were primary drivers of declining fire activity. Fewer and smaller fires reduced aerosol concentrations, modified vegetation structure, and increased the magnitude of the terrestrial carbon sink. Fire models were unable to reproduce the pattern and magnitude of observed declines, suggesting that they may overestimate fire emissions in future projections. Using economic and demographic variables, we developed a conceptual model for predicting fire in human-dominated landscapes."

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/356/6345/1356

The Methane rising from Permafrost meltdowns and seeps deep underwater at the bottom of the oceans where the increasing temperature of the waters is allowing the Methane to 'rise'.
<When the Methane last 'rose' into the Atmosphere: The world was poisoned and 95% of all life perished in the Greatest Mass Extinction of them all.>

And we don't know that methane was the cause. It is one of at least three possible causes.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:58pm

Yes we do know that Methane was what brought about the greatest Mass Extinction of Life long ago.
As did a Meteor as well (Dinosaur era).
There you have it: Death by Pollution and War.

Yes - there has always been 'Fires' burning, hell - the Aboriginals did it consistently everywhere to keep the Land like a Garden Parkland. But it doesn't help when 'Mass Burnings' like Brazil, Madagascar and other parts of the world, still do it on the level of complete deforestation and voiding a large part of the oxygenation of our atmosphere.

North Korea is a shining light in a world of darkness.
They use 'Nuclear' energy. It only burns and causes invisible heat, if you press the button.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:15pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:58pm:
But it doesn't help when 'Mass Burnings' like Brazil, Madagascar and other parts of the world, still do it on the level of complete deforestation and voiding a large part of th

You shouldn't believe all the hype. In the Amazon most of the fires aren't in the forest but a result of agriculture on previously claimed land.

Phytoplankton provide more oxygen than the so-called "lungs of the earth" Amazon.

You do know correlation is not causation; right?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:20pm

I think you need to research more Lee.
That's all I need to say.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:37pm

I know there are three main postulated causes. Of course that doesn't mean there wasn't a fourth or a fifth cause.

From wiki -
"Theories about cause
Pinpointing the exact causes of the Permian–Triassic extinction event is difficult, mostly because it occurred over 250 million years ago, and since then much of the evidence that would have pointed to the cause has been destroyed or is concealed deep within the Earth under many layers of rock. The sea floor is also completely recycled every 200 million years by the ongoing process of plate tectonics and seafloor spreading, leaving no useful indications beneath the ocean.

Yet, scientists have gathered significant evidence for causes, and several mechanisms have been proposed. The proposals include both catastrophic and gradual processes (similar to those theorized for the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event).

The catastrophic group includes one or more large bolide impact events, increased volcanism, and sudden release of methane from the sea floor, either due to dissociation of methane hydrate deposits or metabolism of organic carbon deposits by methanogenic microbes.
The gradual group includes sea level change, increasing anoxia, and increasing aridity.
Any hypothesis about the cause must explain the selectivity of the event, which affected organisms with calcium carbonate skeletons most severely; the long period (4 to 6 million years) before recovery started, and the minimal extent of biological mineralization (despite inorganic carbonates being deposited) once the recovery began.[44]"

So they are theories. And as theories they can be wrong.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:43pm

Only in regards to cause, not effect.
The effects are there - evidenced.
As to 'why' - they can only speculate.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:05pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:43pm:

That's right. Methane as a cause is a theory at best. And it's effect is also theoretical.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:15pm

lee wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:05pm:
Jasin wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:43pm:

That's right. Methane as a cause is a theory at best. And it's effect is also theoretical.

I don't believe that Methane was just a 'theoretical' cause.
That or the BBC Nat Geo and NASA are up the clacker then.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:33pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
I don't believe that Methane was just a 'theoretical' cause.

Your beliefs are not my problem.

BBC and Geo are storied articles and not science

NASA?

"250 million years ago something unknown wiped out most life on our planet. Now scientists are finding buried clues to the mystery inside tiny capsules of cosmic gas."

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2002/28jan_extinction/

But perhaps you have a link you could refer me to?

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #14 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 3:56am

Not high but the temperature is today.

Oh, lee is an asshole.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print