Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
She has the 'Floyd' in her. (Read 640 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

She has the 'Floyd' in her.
Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:15pm

I never thought I would ever hear someone with that same essence in their music that the Pink Floyd had.

But after listening to Tash Sultana (especially her 'Synergy' at the Californian Roots Festival -2018) and a few of her other efforts.
I can't but feel that she 'has it'.
It's not as pronounced as Pink Floyd, as she is a Solo Artist.
But if she had the right - Band Members, then I can only imagine how much she would expand her talent.

It must be all the mixed blood  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: She has the 'Floyd' in her.
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 7:42am

Jasin wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:15pm:
I never thought I would ever hear someone with that same essence in their music that the Pink Floyd had.

But after listening to Tash Sultana (especially her 'Synergy' at the Californian Roots Festival -2018) and a few of her other efforts.
I can't but feel that she 'has it'.
It's not as pronounced as Pink Floyd, as she is a Solo Artist.
But if she had the right - Band Members, then I can only imagine how much she would expand her talent.

It must be all the mixed blood  Wink

Are we listening to the same artist? I could name at least five bands more like Pink Floyd then this girl. Not bagging her per se, its interesting, but progressive rock? Not really.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 7:51am

Never heard of her, so I did a search and watched a couple of her videos.

Apart from her use of Fender guitars with a lot of delay, I can't see anything "Pink Floydish" about her.

Not something I would normally listen to, but good luck to her - certainly more of a musician than Tay Tay.

Sounds like she has an Aussie accent too.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 7:55am

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 7:51am:

Apart from her use of Fender guitars with a lot of delay, I can't see anything "Pink Floydish" about her.

Not something I would normally listen to, but good luck to her - certainly more of a musician than Tay Tay.

Shes Aussie. I just don't see the Pink Floyd thing. I fail to see how she could be more Floyd than say Radiohead, Muse, Dream Theater (at least to me) and the other band I just got put onto is Porcupine Tree.

Hell I would even regard Tool as having more Floyd in them this this girl.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 8:03am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 7:55am:

Shes Aussie. I just don't see the Pink Floyd thing. I fail to see how she could be more Floyd than say Radiohead, Muse, Dream Theater (at least to me) and the other band I just got put onto is Porcupine Tree.

Agreed, completely.

Just Googled her a bit more - yes, she's from Melbourne.

Anyway, there is a tiny bit of a Pink Floyd vibe in this video from about the 20 second mark to the 50 second mark.

The lights, and the Great Gig in The Sky ... ish vocal in the background.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 5:33pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 7:55am:

Look. My first post emphasised that she has 'the Floyd' in her. Not about her in competition with others. Especially when I also said that being a Solo Artist might be what stops her from really progressing in that 'style' (which is not an easy style to attain). Yes I agree with your choices of others being 'More Floyd' than her (except the last one, only a tool would think that Roll Eyes).

But to see it in a Solo Artist, who is raw and fresh, like Tash is just amazing. The potential is unbelievable! Being a female from Australia - she might be more 'Professional' about her journey too. I wish her the best.

I think she is the most gorgeous of things too.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print